World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? (/Thread-Manhattan-New-York-USA-any-bladers-around)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Deikailo - Feb. 25, 2011

There aren't actually any Beybladers who live in Manhattan. There may be one or two in Harlem.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 25, 2011

Harlem...is that anywhere near W137th on Amsterdam Ave.? Near City College of New York?

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Deikailo - Feb. 25, 2011

Eh, yeah, pretty much.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 25, 2011

Oh dear lord. I went to a college near Harlem...I'm so glad I left...

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Rustled Jimmies - Mar. 13, 2011

Hey, sorry for double posting, but there's not a lot of threads with specific places I enjoy like Manhatten. But I'm wondering...

Would you guys like to join a New York City-based (if not Manhatten-based) team? I don't see many New York-based teams here, and some people are too broad to say East Coast or New Jersey teams. Those specifications are a bit too big for my taste, so I thought just New York City itself would be okay.

Now let me say this to start. I haven't played Beyblade in years. I don't have my own MFBeyblade like everyone here already does, despite being a member since February 17 (or 18). I don't know these techniques as well as everyone. I simply want to gather a group of players who wouldn't mind playing with each other in NYC on a regular basis. Just hanging and eating out, playing at someone's house or whatever, etc. I'm not particularly a leader myself, since I prefer organizing, sorting, and information distribution, etc. Of course, if someone wants to take the role of leader, they can ask me. That's fine too.

I'm just throwing it out there as an opportunity to get together some more, since I guess there are some Manhatten-based Bladers around here. If interested, I guess a reply or a PM will do.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Cyber Blader - Apr. 30, 2011

Is anyone interested in having a Plastic only tournament?

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Rustled Jimmies - Apr. 30, 2011

That sounds interesting, TBH. Though all my plastics seemed to have...deteriorated in the back of my closet. OTL

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Ship - Apr. 30, 2011

A plastics tourney sounds awesome

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Deikailo - Apr. 30, 2011

I would be down. You should try getting in touch with keyblader, cye kinomiya, and bluezee about it, too. Keyblader is on youtube.

We'll have to do a full round robin if we got through with it. I have Tornado Balance and Tornado Attack stadiums, which I believe are acceptable for this.

Look into hosting it. Smile You can also try to promote the idea at my upcoming tournament.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Cyber Blader - Apr. 30, 2011

Yeah, Round Robin would be the way to go since I only expect 12 people at the most. I'll ask around tommorow at your tournament. The only thing we would need is a venue. I was thinking Central Park, as it worked really well for Cye's tournament.

I used to do Union Square for mine since it had a lot of train connections.

You really can't advertise for this much since if you were to tell the world, people will show up with MFBs.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just talk to people I know have plastics. I don't want people showing up with MFBs and me having to send them away.

With Union Square, would we have to get permission to have a tournament there?

No. If it's under 30, you don't need to. Terrain-wise, Central Park is better, however, it's not the most accessible for NJ bladers (PATH train is just down the block) and 14th street has like, every connection.

Just bring a box to put the stadium in so our Beyblades won't hit the concrete.

Jairo and I also wanted to do an HMS tournament so maybe we can do that back-to-back.

Yeah, we could do a double decker tournament. I'll bring boxes and an Attack Stadium (I checked, it's legal for Plastics) and hopefully I'll be getting Tornado Balance or Tornado Attack in time.

I have a tornado attack for sale

I'm already have a set in mind to buy, but I'll think about it as an extra stadium.

Since that was off topic, I should contribute something to the discussion at hand... What day are you thinking? Personally I would prefer to have it on a Saturday, possibly June 4th.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Rustled Jimmies - Apr. 30, 2011

I'm looking for my old Dranzer and thinking of customizing it than the one I used to use. I read up that Dranzer F Attack Wheel isn't one of the best Dranzers around, so I may have to switch up. Maybe V or V2....or G?

I would go with V2. I'm going to make a list of people interested, so when I have enough people I can make a proposal:

Cyber Blader +1 Friend
Deikailo
Kaji Motomya

(Apr. 30, 2011  5:19 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: I'm already have a set in mind to buy, but I'll think about it as an extra stadium.

Since that was off topic, I should contribute something to the discussion at hand... What day are you thinking? Personally I would prefer to have it on a Saturday, possibly June 4th.
I was actually going to do a team tournament on the 5th so that might be okay.

Okay, looking forward to it. I couldn't find keyblader on youtube, but I'll ask the other two tomorrow.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Deikailo - May. 01, 2011

keyblader007

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Cyber Blader - May. 01, 2011

Thanks, I PM'd him on youtube. Are you going to be doing the HMS tournament after mine?

yes, i am new here and want to battle - r blader - May. 01, 2011

hey,this is r blader,would you want to battle.you make the place and time.
(Aug. 21, 2010  3:13 AM)Jyankeefan13 Wrote: Alot of people mention tournaments in New york but it doesnt happen will anyone be intrested in a tourny in the city area because if you are i kno tons of people that would want to come so respond and lets get something going. It would be good anywhere in the 5 boroughs but Manhatten, New York, New York is more centralized

(Aug. 21, 2010  3:13 AM)Jyankeefan13 Wrote: Alot of people mention tournaments in New york but it doesnt happen will anyone be intrested in a tourny in the city area because if you are i kno tons of people that would want to come so respond and lets get something going. It would be good anywhere in the 5 boroughs but Manhatten, New York, New York is more centralized

hey,its r blader.Im new in town but i'll try to battle you.make the time and place.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Deikailo - May. 01, 2011

Yes, Jairo might actually host it since he knows about HMS.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Cyber Blader - May. 01, 2011

Hm, I don't have any, but I'm planning on buying two to make a combo, I'm really curious about the system, and would love to try it out. Does ikmv have any plastics? I want to know if I should ask him tomorrow.