World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! (/Thread-Metal-Fight-Beyblade-Everything-you-need-to-know)

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - bugturtles - Jul. 28, 2008

i believe cyber dragoon and trygle had that sort of system but look at how it ended up

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Marin - Jul. 28, 2008

Grey Wrote:I'm hoping that said jumping type could actually be effective, like having a mechanism on the Bottom that releases after being hit. Then the blade could have jumping attacks that actually worked.

You mean effective like Trygle was effective, right

That said I guess it could work if the mechanism wasn't so fragile and the released blade wasn't so tall and precarious, but it would still never be viable in battle, too much margin for error.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Grey - Jul. 28, 2008

bugturtles Wrote:i believe cyber dragoon and trygle had that sort of system but look at how it ended up

Well, yeah, but those blades were large and awkward, and the tips were really tall. If we could have something like the Engine Gear mechanism on something like the Einstein MS, we could likely have an actual working Jumping Beyblade.

...maybe.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Jul. 28, 2008

Grey Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:i believe cyber dragoon and trygle had that sort of system but look at how it ended up

Well, yeah, but those blades were large and awkward, and the tips were really tall. If we could have something like the Engine Gear mechanism on something like the Einstein MS, we could likely have an actual working Jumping Beyblade.

...maybe.

so combine two of the least effective gimmicks ever into one super-terrible gimmick

your ideas intrigue me and i would like to subscribe to your news letter

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - WiLdDeFeNdEr - Jul. 28, 2008

i hope they don't put to much gimic into the MFb series, i mean i like the idea of the spring tip, but i think the spring should be smaller and it's only real purpose would be to act as suspension for the blade when it first hits the stadium so it lands more comfortabley and has less ability to dint the stadium.
To be honest i likes the early blades when they didn't have all those technical bases, having a switch tip blade like the dranzers had or springs or ball bearings is fine but they betta not release more engine gear rubbish, in my opinion i hope the bases stay fairly basic.

I think with the reduced customization potential of HMS (that is less parts per custom), it won't be long before we see a lot of those gimmick parts.

Bey Brad Wrote:
Grey Wrote:

...maybe.

so combine two of the least effective gimmicks ever into one super-terrible gimmick

your ideas intrigue me and i would like to subscribe to your news letter
It wouldn't be a super terrible gimmick. If the Bottom was compact enough to be effective, with tabs on the sides that released upon impact, it wouldn't be a total failure. It's better than Trygle's awkwardly-sized mechanism and Einstein's lack of a mechanism.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - boh - Jul. 28, 2008

hey, c-player post up new pictures of the launcherand etc.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Synesthesia - Jul. 28, 2008

Marin Wrote:I think with the reduced customization potential of HMS (that is less parts per custom), it won't be long before we see a lot of those gimmick parts.

I think the only way we'll be seeing gimmicks anytime soon is if the anime has a few influential characters using beyblades with crappy gimmicks.

I'm really surprised no one has put a video up of pegasis on youtube yet.

me too, the prototype pegasis was given to whoever won from the gangan arcade and still no sign of seeing them in action. But you can see great images on C-player.com. It's a Japanese website so it might be hard to find.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Jul. 28, 2008

Stop calling it CPlayer. Cplayer is the host. The site is Beyblade Renaissance.

my bad, don't take it too seriously. anyway, they should already show a trailer of the new series

As soon as I get the new Beyblades there will be plenty of videos of them fighting each other, fighting HMS, etc Smile

Bey Brad Wrote:As soon as I get the new Beyblades there will be plenty of videos of them fighting each other, fighting HMS, etc Smile

Speaking of which, will Metal Fight Beyblades be on about the same level of strength as Hard Metal System? I know the size is roughly the same, but I would think that MFB would be stronger than HMS, because MFB's are entirely metal.

...they are entirely metal, right? It's not just the Wheels that are metal, right? The Tracks look plastic to me.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - SexyMichael - Jul. 28, 2008

The track and bottom are plastic.

SexyMichael Wrote:The track and bottom are plastic.

Damn, they lied.
...or, rather, implied (once again) that the beyblades will be entirely metal. I remember that it was implied that HMS was going to be made entirely from metal, and it wasn't.

EDIT: Is there some sort of law or regulation that requires plastic or something?

Grey Wrote:

Damn, they lied.

No they didn't. You just evidently haven't paid any attention for the past month and a half. :\

Synesthesia Wrote:
Marin Wrote:I think with the reduced customization potential of HMS (that is less parts per custom), it won't be long before we see a lot of those gimmick parts.

I think the only way we'll be seeing gimmicks anytime soon is if the anime has a few influential characters using beyblades with crappy gimmicks.

I'm really surprised no one has put a video up of pegasis on youtube yet.

HMS didn't have an anime, but they still had a beyblade that hops

and splits in two

I mean how many competitively viable parts can they make?

Bey Brad Wrote:
Grey Wrote:

Damn, they lied.

No they didn't. You just evidently haven't paid any attention for the past month and a half. :\

Edited my post.

Grey Wrote:

Damn, they lied.
...or, rather, implied (once again) that the beyblades will be entirely metal. I remember that it was implied that HMS was going to be made entirely from metal, and it wasn't.

This never happened.

Bey Brad Wrote:
Grey Wrote:

Damn, they lied.

This never happened.

*sighs* Whatever. It was originally implied to me that HMS was full-metal, probably from lack of clarification or my own excitement. In any case, I'm disappointed. Tired

Then again, an entirely-metal beyblade may be too heavy to be overly useful, so a plastic-metal mix is probably best anyway.

Well, I'm getting the feeling you saw the word metal in the name and immediately jumped to the conclusion that they would be full metal (which would be terrible and unnecessary). Making them out of full metal would restrict the mold possibilities in a lot of ways (you'd never see the complicated clutches etc. from previous generations) and it would limit lots of different materials that could be used. Besides, if they were all metal, since every Beyblade would be full metal any weight advantage from full metal parts would be negated anyway. :\

Speaking of, I wonder if we'll see different types of metal and what the ramifications of those would be. I mean, I don't know any of the properties of those sorts of things, but there must be metals with lower friction and stuff then what they're using. It'd be cool if we saw random boosters (even if they were more expensive) that were recasts of older molds made of superior metal.

Bey Brad Wrote:Well, I'm getting the feeling you saw the word metal in the name and immediately jumped to the conclusion that they would be full metal (which would be terrible and unnecessary). Making them out of full metal would restrict the mold possibilities in a lot of ways (you'd never see the complicated clutches etc. from previous generations) and it would limit lots of different materials that could be used. Besides, if they were all metal, since every Beyblade would be full metal any weight advantage from full metal parts would be negated anyway. :\
Hmm...I could've jumped to conclusions when I saw "Metal Fight Beyblade", but I don't think that's it.
I was mislead by Hard Metal Beyblade when they were first announced because I was a 12 y/o when they were announced, and at the time, I was easily excited by Beyblade.
No, I blame my assumptions on this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-z4C-5mTqhI

At 1:24, the spokesperson (or whatever he was) says "the beyblade is made out of metal", which is misleading.

He was just a reporter. We've had images available for ages and this issue was addressed a long time ago, so ... really, there's no reason to still think they are full metal. :\