World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Burst GT Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-GT-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion (/Thread-Glide-Ring-Testing-and-Discussion)

Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - TheRogueBlader - Feb. 25, 2022

DB Power Launcher
Launches alternated
Standard Stadium
Combos Balanced Tuned

Same Spin: 

Glide Satan 0 (4 star) survive 1S vs. Lord Dragon 0 (4 star) metal survive
Lord(4 OS)
Glide(1 OS, 2 BST)
3 Draws
Glide seemed to cause ALOT of recoil. Despite its main 3 contact points being flat and smooth on both ends of these contact point are jagged edges similiar to the ones on the end of braves wings. The battles were really just glide and lord clashing and knocking eachother back and forth. Either lord burst, lord had the center, or they both hit eachother so hard they stopped spinning at the same time. That’s wierd, but I have experienced this when experimenting with combos for glide. 

Glide Lucifer2(Lucifer2 chip on balanced side of glide ring) 0 (4 star) survive vs Lord Dragon 0(4 star) metal survive
Lord(3 OS)
Glide(4 OS, 1 BST, 1 KO)
1 Draw 

Lucifer2 being on the lighter side of glide seemed to lessen the recoil hits, but there was definitely still recoil. Lucifer2 also made glide in control of the center which is the opposite of what happened with Satan. My theory is that the central weight of Lucifer2 
made glide harder to destabilize. Despite lucifer2’s weight being near the bottom the chip itself is in the center of the bey. 

Just for fun, I put Lucifer2’s heavier side on glides heavier side. Think of it like an unbalanced mode like hollow with 4A. Now it’s recoil will be maxed. 
Glide Lucifer2 (unbalanced mode) 0(4 star) survive vs Lord Dragon 0(4 star) metal survive
Glide(1 KO, 2 OS)
Lord()
I decided to stop there and spare lord the suffering

Glide Lucifer2 (balanced) 0(4 star) Bump Octa? 
Since glide is a ring that produces recoil but seems to have decent stamina with that, how does it do on Octa with Lucifer2(balanced mode)? 

vs Revive Pheonix Outer (3 star) revolve
Glide (2 OS, 1 BST)
Pheonix (2 KO, 1 OS)
Yeah even with Lucifer2 to offset Glide’s recoil Octa makes it way too off balance. It’s basically like tempest stock but in BGT. And because of that, judgement is just better on Octa than glide anyway. The only way glide got those outspins were by beating down revive and even then it was really close. It got a burst by knocking it into its own armor, and then Pheonix got 2 recoil KO’s and an outspin. Considering this is outer revolve and not even perfect pheonix, I don’t think I need to continue with glide on Octa. 

Opposite Spin (First to 3pts because I don’t want to be here all day)
Glide Lucifer2(balance) 0 cross Xt+(worn) stamina mode vs Lord(Left)Diabolos 0 Wall Bearing’ (worn)
Lord (3 OS)

Glide Lucifer2(balance) 0 wall bearing’(worn) vs Lord(Left)Diabolos 0 cross Xt+(worn)stamina 
Lord (3 OS)
Glide(2 OS)

My bearings tip is flat, the whole bearing isn’t flat just the sharp part thst it used to be is very flat now. My Xtend+ is worn to a bit less then what Accel looks like. Because of that bearing seemed to have the edge. Lord won either way, so that means lord is better than glide. When bearing was paired with lord there were draws but glide never won. When glide was paired with bearing it was much closer. But either way this shows that glide is not very good in opposite spin. From my observations it seemed like glide tipped over to fast. Maybe due to its large contact points, the smoothness had trouble keeping contact with the opponent? Or the recoil contact points pushed it down. It’s hard to say.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - th!nk - Feb. 25, 2022

Just some advice on tests - per the stickied topic about posting test results, you want to do ten rounds total, not counting draws. That topic actually has some handy info on how to conduct and structure your tests too

Be wary of doing tests as first to 3, if you look at some of my detailed round by round results in other threads you will see that sometimes a layer can get an early lead... and then just lose hard over and over again. The only time I cut early is if the margin of victory is utterly untenable, and even then I only try to do it if I have another result with similar setups, i.e. as additional info not as a primary test.

That aside - thank you for the tests.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - TheRogueBlader - Feb. 25, 2022

(Feb. 25, 2022  2:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just some advice on tests - per the stickied topic about posting test results, you want to do ten rounds total, not counting draws. That topic actually has some handy info on how to conduct and structure your tests too

Be wary of doing tests as first to 3, if you look at some of my detailed round by round results in other threads you will see that sometimes a layer can get an early lead... and then just lose hard over and over again. The only time I cut early is if the margin of victory is utterly untenable, and even then I only try to do it if I have another result with similar setups, i.e. as additional info not as a primary test.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I haven’t really posted tests too muchos I’m not sure exactly how to do them. I’ll keep these things in mind next time.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - th!nk - Feb. 25, 2022

(Feb. 25, 2022  3:01 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2022  2:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just some advice on tests - per the stickied topic about posting test results, you want to do ten rounds total, not counting draws. That topic actually has some handy info on how to conduct and structure your tests too

Ok, thanks for the advice. I haven’t really posted tests too muchos I’m not sure exactly how to do them. I’ll keep these things in mind next time.

No worries - really it's just good to see tests being posted, but I would like to see the forums return to being the motherlode of solid, well managed Beyblade data they used to be!

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - TheRogueBlader - Feb. 25, 2022

(Feb. 25, 2022  3:02 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2022  3:01 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Ok, thanks for the advice. I haven’t really posted tests too muchos I’m not sure exactly how to do them. I’ll keep these things in mind next time.

No worries - really it's just good to see tests being posted, but I would like to see the forums return to being the motherlode of solid, well managed Beyblade data they used to be!
That would be nice

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - th!nk - Feb. 26, 2022

Glide Satan 00Wall Drift 1S vs Zwei Diabolos Convert Quick'
Standard Testing Procedure, Glide weak launched.
Glide Win Rate: 20% (2 OS)
Zwei Win Rate: 80% (6KO, 2 BST)

Glide couldn't handle Zwei here, and that's fine - it is on a LAD driver. It needs to get wall saves to survive no matter how weak it is launched, and Zwei is capable of bursting it.

Glide Lucifer2 00Wall Drift 1S vs Zwei Diabolos Convert Quick'
Glide Win Rate: 40% (3 OS, 1KO)
Zwei Win Rate: 60% (6KO)

This felt significantly more difficult, moreso than the results show to me but maybe that's because I did the previous rounds right before. Glide didn't burst, and if it survived the first couple of hits, zwei couldn't finish it with the follow ups unlike in the previous set of tests.

Overall I think glide is probably fine defensively if we get rid of the metal chips. It's not nearly as contentious as Curse is. I don't think it is a boon to the format but I will see if it does anything worthwhile on Keep' that makes it a decent right spin pure Defense option without the metal chips.

That said, I have briefly tried Glide Satan Wh(H) Xt+ 1S vs other right spin gt stamina layers on the same and it did remarkably well against everything so I'm not 100% sure it's ok yet, but it's not a curse level issue where it's likely to warp the format.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - TheRogueBlader - Feb. 27, 2022

(Feb. 26, 2022  12:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: Glide Satan 00Wall Drift 1S vs Zwei Diabolos Convert Quick'

Glide couldn't handle Zwei here, and that's fine - it is on a LAD driver. It needs to get wall saves to survive no matter how weak it is launched, and Zwei is capable of bursting it.

This felt significantly more difficult, moreso than the results show to me but maybe that's because I did the previous rounds right before. Glide didn't burst, and if it survived the first couple of hits, zwei couldn't finish it with the follow ups unlike in the previous set of tests.

Overall I think glide is probably fine defensively if we get rid of the metal chips. It's not nearly as contentious as Curse is. I don't think it is a boon to the format but I will see if it does anything worthwhile on Keep' that makes it a decent right spin pure Defense option without the metal chips.

That said, I have briefly tried Glide Satan Wh(H) Xt+ 1S vs other right spin gt stamina layers on the same and it did remarkably well against everything so I'm not 100% sure it's ok yet, but it's not a curse level issue where it's likely to warp the format.
Wow, so glide is not a defense ring. Noted. And yeah I’m not surprised that glide combo beat a lot of same spin stuff, glide really is good with that. I went to a BGT tournament today and glide did well same spin, as well as in my testings but yeah it really only did OK and is not likely to warp the format. I personally don’t think curse is a problem either, and at the tournament today curse didn’t really pop up besides 1 round I saw. It didn’t seem to be a problem, none of the SK rings did really.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - th!nk - Feb. 27, 2022

(Feb. 27, 2022  4:14 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2022  12:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: Glide Satan 00Wall Drift 1S vs Zwei Diabolos Convert Quick'

Wow, so glide is not a defense ring. Noted. And yeah I’m not surprised that glide combo beat a lot of same spin stuff, glide really is good with that. I went to a BGT tournament today and glide did well same spin, as well as in my testings but yeah it really only did OK and is not likely to warp the format. I personally don’t think curse is a problem either, and at the tournament today curse didn’t really pop up besides 1 round I saw. It didn’t seem to be a problem, none of the SK rings did really.

Yeah I talked to shin about it. I want to see how they do in other areas though. I think it's because the drivers curse is a problem with were not popular for whatever reason (too much risk of same spin maybe). I think curse would still replace dedicated Defense tho, which bugs me, but I am hoping to see Toronto, Maryland and a couple other places play before I make my mind up haha.

RE: Glide Ring Testing and Discussion - TheRogueBlader - Feb. 27, 2022

(Feb. 27, 2022  4:17 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2022  4:14 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Wow, so glide is not a defense ring. Noted. And yeah I’m not surprised that glide combo beat a lot of same spin stuff, glide really is good with that. I went to a BGT tournament today and glide did well same spin, as well as in my testings but yeah it really only did OK and is not likely to warp the format. I personally don’t think curse is a problem either, and at the tournament today curse didn’t really pop up besides 1 round I saw. It didn’t seem to be a problem, none of the SK rings did really.

Yeah I talked to shin about it. I want to see how they do in other areas though. I think it's because the drivers curse is a problem with were not popular for whatever reason (too much risk of same spin maybe). I think curse would still replace dedicated Defense tho, which bugs me, but I am hoping to see Toronto, Maryland and a couple other places play before I make my mind up haha.
Yeah it’d be great to have tournament for BGT in other communities as well. This was only the first one, I’ve got a feeling there’s more where that came from