World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Ask a question, get an answer! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Ask a question, get an answer! (/Thread-Ask-a-question-get-an-answer)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 10, 2007

Artie Wrote:What's a good paint for Beyblades? I've heard good things about Kyrlon, or is dying the way to go?

I want me some gold Seaborg 1 AR, lol.

Keep in mind that dying can only go from light to dark, and if you want gold, I don't think you can really dye gold. You'll just get yellowish-brown, but it won't be shiny enough. That'll have to rely on paint.

Personally, I just use the can of nippon spraypaint that I find at hardware stores around here, then a layer of transparent over it. It's durable enough for me.

TheUnkownGod Wrote:If they wanted to make new blades I think they should have made normal plastic ones, and THEN when the next year for a new season came out, made the newer blades.

Where do we draw the line? Maybe, we should put aside all our plastic Beyblades and use wooden spinning tops.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 10, 2007

Artie Wrote:What's a good paint for Beyblades? I've heard good things about Kyrlon, or is dying the way to go?

I want me some gold Seaborg 1 AR, lol.

sup

Well you use it in battles anytime? If not, you can coat 1-2 layers of enamel paint (hobby section of walmart) with like a paint marker. You'd have to coat it to prevent some wear from it. If you plan to use spray paint, make sure you distance yourself or that part might get too bulky from paint.

And with dying, if it's white it can become any other solid color. Solid doesn't=gold though.

And Composer, is that paint similar to enamel at all? I'd like to try it out sometime Smile

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - mdhvdukshsj - Nov. 10, 2007

i doubt id use it much, if at all. more for a collection piece

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 10, 2007

I'll check my gold paint marker to see if it still works or not and get back to you on how accurate it is to Uriel's color.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - RayD - Nov. 11, 2007

Do you think Wolborg MS has quite a good endurance =)?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Nov. 11, 2007

RayD Wrote:Do you think Wolborg MS has quite a good endurance =)?

Best survival (endurance) Beyblade of all time.

Thanks Buddy!!!

between Wolborg 1 and Wolborg 2, which spins more time?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Nov. 11, 2007

RayD Wrote:between Wolborg 1 and Wolborg 2, which spins more time?

Wolborg 1 has better pure survival. Wolborg 2 has a rubber tip; it's built for defense + survival.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - OSW - Nov. 11, 2007

Are any of the electronic type launchers good for serious battles?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - AnnieDuck - Nov. 11, 2007

No.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 11, 2007

G Wrote:And Composer, is that paint similar to enamel at all? I'd like to try it out sometime Smile

It's... similar to wall paint, I believe.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 11, 2007

Hmm never tried it out on plastics before, but I guess it wouldn't mind to try it out sometime. Thanks!

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 12, 2007

Oh one more thing. Some sprays don't work well with plastic. I tried to spray my Samurai Upper white, but the purple pigmenting the plastic somehow came out and mixed with the paint, resulting in... pink. If you're worried about that, then use three layers, transparent, colour, transparent.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 12, 2007

Hmm I've never thought of trying a transparent layer first then a solid. But yeah, applying white or painting of a darker color like purple and especially black requires more than 2 layers.

Haha I find it interesting that it turned out pink from the plastic. I soo gotta try this paint now Smile

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Thresher - Nov. 12, 2007

Is it illegal to put the Dranzer V SG (including the bottom of the base) on Wolborg's base. It fits so I was wondering.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Juv - Nov. 14, 2007

Can anyone tell me what these are and why are they so expensive?

Arn't they just ordinary weight disks?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r16787053

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Vulcan - Nov. 14, 2007

Juv Wrote:Can anyone tell me what these are and why are they so expensive?

Arn't they just ordinary weight disks?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r16787053

They're rare. I don't think they came with any beyblades. You had to buy them seperate.
Good find.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Nov. 14, 2007

they're spark disks, and they're incredibly rare

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Nov. 14, 2007

I sure as hell wouldn't pay 150 dollars for them though.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 14, 2007

I've a pair of them that I believe I got for free. I should sell them >.>

They used to be very common, but were withdrawn right? That's why they're rare now... I can't remember if it was because of "safety issues", or because of tournement advantage, or because of "safety issues" being a cover for blocking the tournement advantage of these parts.

They're... the lightest but also the biggest. In a sense, it's the perfect survival weight disc.

Tamer Brad Wrote:they're spark disks, and they're incredibly rare
Composer of Requiems Wrote:They're... the lightest but also the biggest. In a sense, it's the perfect survival weight disc.

So these spark disks are just good parts?

On the picture it looks like sparks are flying, can anyone explain?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 14, 2007

Juv Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:they're spark disks, and they're incredibly rare
Composer of Requiems Wrote:They're... the lightest but also the biggest. In a sense, it's the perfect survival weight disc.

So these spark disks are just good parts?

On the picture it looks like sparks are flying, can anyone explain?

Two small flints on either side of the WD, and a sticker with sandpaper to go round the whole WD.

When they collide, sandpaper against flint causes sparks. Similar to Sparkling Attacker.

You can choose to use the sandpaper or not. Without, it is smoother, obviously. Roughness... decreases defence but increases spin stealing capability.

Composer of Requiems Wrote:Two small flints on either side of the WD, and a sticker with sandpaper to go round the whole WD.

When they collide, sandpaper against flint causes sparks. Similar to Sparkling Attacker.

You can choose to use the sandpaper or not. Without, it is smoother, obviously. Roughness... decreases defence but increases spin stealing capability.

Thats the answer I was looking for, I get it now. Thanks.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 14, 2007

And just a FYI, the flints only lasts for a while until they're worn down.