World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] (/Thread-Recent-Games-Played-Commentary-is-mandatory)

RE: Recent Games Played - bugturtles - Apr. 28, 2008

forza 2

no abs, stm, or tcs driftingggg

no abs makes it easier to drift here but makes braking lose more speed faster

RE: Recent Games Played - Pich - Apr. 28, 2008

ive played alot of zelda games lately. mainly phantom hourglass, twilght princess, and majoras mask. ive also played ninja gaiden sigma.

RE: Recent Games Played - EverlastingBlader - Apr. 28, 2008

Currently Playing Persona 3: FES and Okami for the PS2(since the Wii one sux)

RE: Recent Games Played - SexyMichael - Apr. 29, 2008

No More Heroes

The world needs more games like this.

RE: Recent Games Played - mdhvdukshsj - Apr. 29, 2008

SexyMichael Wrote:No More Heroes

in what way? from what ive seen/read, it's kind of a niche game (unless you mean that)

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - Apr. 29, 2008

No.

It doesn't. That game is seriously garbage.

Artie Wrote:

in what way? from what ive seen/read, it's kind of a niche game (unless you mean that)

It's just really fun and captivating. I can't remember the last time a single player game got me this intrigued. I did the first 2 assassinations tonight, It's just an all around fun experience.

I'd hardly call doing the same thing over and over again fun dude. :\

I got to like rank 4 in the game before I just couldn't stand playing it anymore. Like seriously it got to the point where I was having to force myself to play the game so I wouldn't feel like I got ripped off by having paid $50 for it.

Finally I just got so frustrated with it that I just traded it in.

I mean, the characters in the main assassinations were awesome and hilarious and most of them were really fun to fight, but all of the monotonous carp you have to do in between those fights gets incredibly tedious. Even when you're in the area where a boss fight is going to take place you have to slash your way through waves upon waves of the same character models. That game is seriously "Press A to Win".

Roan Wrote:I'd hardly call doing the same thing over and over again fun dude. :\

I got to like rank 4 in the game before I just couldn't stand playing it anymore. Like seriously it got to the point where I was having to force myself to play the game so I wouldn't feel like I got ripped off by having paid $50 for it.

Finally I just got so frustrated with it that I just traded it in.

I mean, the characters in the main assassinations were awesome and hilarious and most of them were really fun to fight, but all of the monotonous carp you have to do in between those fights gets incredibly tedious. Even when you're in the area where a boss fight is going to take place you have to slash your way through waves upon waves of the same character models. That game is seriously "Press A to Win".

Well I'll get back to you when I play more.

RE: Recent Games Played - Ichida - Apr. 29, 2008

I finally saw some gameplay from No More Heroes, and I have to say I'm a little conflicted. The menus and carp look like... well, carp, but it seems like they did that on purpose. The game is pretty carp' bloody, which for me isn't really a good thing, and the story introduction was bewilderingly rushed. Even Quinton "Axel/Reno" Flynn playing the protagonist didn't redeem this game, IMO. When I first saw the game I thought of it as PSU + GTA, but now I know it's just GTA with PSU's weapons.

RE: Recent Games Played - mdhvdukshsj - Apr. 29, 2008

the game kinda looks blurry to me (from the screenshots)

not really interested, especially with all the kick-carp games coming out this fall

Ichida Wrote:When I first saw the game I thought of it as PSU + GTA, but now I know it's just GTA with PSU's weapons.

This game doesn't even come close to being GTA.

Its like a gutted version of GTA. They put you in this huge open world but there's literally NOTHING to interact with.

You can't talk to any of the NPCs. When you run into a car you slide off the side of it like it was covered in teflon.

Point is, the game sucks.

RE: Recent Games Played - Ichida - Apr. 29, 2008

Fire Emblem VI: The Sealed Sword

It's about carp time I started this game. Pinching_eyes_2

RE: Recent Games Played - sam's temp - Apr. 29, 2008

Roan Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:When I first saw the game I thought of it as PSU + GTA, but now I know it's just GTA with PSU's weapons.

This game doesn't even come close to being GTA.

Its like a gutted version of GTA. They put you in this huge open world but there's literally NOTHING to interact with.

You can't talk to any of the NPCs. When you run into a car you slide off the side of it like it was covered in teflon.

Point is, the game sucks.
what about everything besides the open world?

It's got a fun fighting system, great character design, lengthy boss fights, and it really set's its self apart from today's run of the mill game.

I guess it's like a cult thing.

RE: Recent Games Played - sam's temp - Apr. 29, 2008

it reminds me of jet grind radio for some reason

RE: Recent Games Played - Kei - Apr. 29, 2008

SexyMichael Wrote:It's got a fun fighting system, great character design, lengthy boss fights, and it really set's its self apart from today's run of the mill game.

I guess it's like a cult thing.

Along with all of this, there is a lot of subtext related to gaming history and it pokes fun at gaming culture which was really cool to me. It really has set itself apart from all of the other games out there at the moment. Not in the way of gameplay, which didn't really advance anything significantly for gaming, but it stands out because of it's ideals.

It's most certainly a cult thing, a lot of people really hate the game, even those who understand the implications throughout it.

RE: Recent Games Played - bugturtles - Apr. 30, 2008

Forza 2

Upgraded the Trueno to 198 hp. However, I am very used to driving it with 171 hp. Originally tried upgrading it to 215 hp, but I lowered to 198 to ease into the higher amount of power.

However, ever since I upgraded it to 171 hp, the tires get no grip upon the start of a race. It's probably because I rev the engine high before the race starts. It's no real problem, but I lose about one or three seconds of time.

Also tuned it so I get a little more oversteer. Since then, it's easier to drift and control at higher speeds. I've had problems previously of not getting enough oversteer and got understeer instead. Now, control is fine with these settings even if it has 198 hp. And I'm using a regular controller.

I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it. <3

RE: Recent Games Played - KoD PT - Apr. 30, 2008

Halo 3

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=473737058&player=KoD%20PT

So, I was having a good game of Team Slayer in Last Resort, had no deaths so far, got a Running Riot and had 16 kills at that point. I realize I might just be able to get my first Perfection medal ever, and try to finish the game as quickly as possible (my team was like 3 kills away from winning at that point). I had spent most of my time in the "tower" to the right from who comes from the beach snipping guys or shotgun/meleeing anyone who came close. I spot like 2 of my teammates facing off against 2 or 3 guys from the red team down below and I move to the bridge that goes to the wheel to try and help them out. All of a sudden, just before the game ended, a guy sneaks up on me and kills me with the Needler. carp. I couldn't believe it...right at the end of the game. The bugger came all the way from down below crouched, where his teammates were fighting off mine, until he got right next to me and I never noticed.
Well, my team still won and I made MVP of the match, but goddamn it, I was so carp close to having a Perfection...

Pokémon Pearl

I got an Electivire off of my cousin's PBR game this past Saturday and just finished leveling it up to 100 today.

RE: Recent Games Played - bugturtles - May. 02, 2008

forza 2

installed a new engine, and had higher redline. more power too.

but, i went back to the stock engine and increased redline through other methods. the higher redline allows me to accelerate more before shifting gears, but i have to get used to the fact that i can go about 60 mph before going to second gear..

206 hp now instead of 198 due to upgrades.

RE: Recent Games Played - Ichida - May. 02, 2008

The World Ends With You: Secret Reports (post-game sidequests)

Holy carp, Kitaniji is a carp to fight on Hard.

RE: Recent Games Played - AnnieDuck - May. 02, 2008

Destroy All Humans. It's a giggle.

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - May. 03, 2008

GTA IV

A lot.

RE: Recent Games Played - Ichida - May. 03, 2008

Roan Wrote:GTA IV

A lot.

http://www.ansemretort.org/ansemretort/index.html?comic=421

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - May. 03, 2008

Ichida Wrote:
Roan Wrote:GTA IV