World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] (/Thread-Recent-Games-Played-Commentary-is-mandatory)

RE: Recent Games Played - tenzeku123 - Dec. 02, 2010

kingdom hearts birth by sleep. oh and im still wondering how do i get xehanort report 5

RE: Recent Games Played - SK - Dec. 03, 2010

(Dec. 01, 2010  9:07 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2010  6:07 PM)mr. rager Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2010  6:01 AM)To Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2010  3:12 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2010  1:55 AM)mr. rager Wrote: Metal Gear Solid 1, running it from the newly released PS3SX PSX emulator for Jailbroken PS3s

Cool story bro.
beat me to it
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/ps3sx-psx-emulator-released-71610/

way too much hassle, + you risk carp up your ps3?
besides, if you cant afford to pay 8 dollars for mgs on psn, you should't own a ps3 in the first place

RE: Recent Games Played - |Joe| - Dec. 03, 2010

(Dec. 02, 2010  11:02 AM)tenzeku123 Wrote: kingdom hearts birth by sleep. oh and im still wondering how do i get xehanort report 5

Just go on ign.com and go on the KH:BBS guide, it's aaaaaaall there.

RE: Recent Games Played - Amaterasu - Dec. 03, 2010

Black Ops Hell YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! played on xbox.

Pros
epic graphics,multiplayer,story, et cetera ( luk at my latin skillz Smile )

Cons
Really short story

RE: Recent Games Played - s-pegasus - Dec. 03, 2010

COD Black Ops On PS3 awesome game.

RE: Recent Games Played - Wizard - Dec. 04, 2010

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's so much fun!! I'm currently half way through World 7. Although I better beat it soon to get ready for the Super Mario All Stars remake.

RE: Recent Games Played - Crimson - Dec. 05, 2010

999: 9 Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors (DS)
This game is absolutely incredible. It's a visual novel with some puzzles scattered around. It has multiple endings and I am completely gripped by it.

It's one of the few games (only game perhaps) that has made my stomach churn due to how well described some of the scenes can be. It rarely shows any of the gore, but describes it in great detail.
The puzzles aren't very difficult, but are still enjoyable.

I've only gotten one ending, but I'm going to go for all of them.
It hasn't surpassed Hotel Dusk and Last Window as my DS favourites, but I can see it easily being top 5.

RE: Recent Games Played - Evan - Dec. 06, 2010

(Dec. 01, 2010  10:46 PM)To Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2010  1:55 AM)mr. rager Wrote: Metal Gear Solid 1, running it from the newly released PS3SX PSX emulator for Jailbroken PS3s

Cool story bro.
beat me to it

What's the point of this? Every single PS3 is backwards compatible with PlayStation discs out of the box. The only defense you'd have is lazyness, but with Metal Gear Solid, it's not really applicable, given it's a game available worldwide via the PlayStation Store for download.

This is big news because before about 2 months ago no unofficial (homebrew) or OtherOS (linux, or whatever strange unix-based OS someone wanted to boot) code written for the PS3 was allowed to use the RSX for 3D applications, only 2D. This meant no emulators, no high-def video codec (other than streaming through one the Offical Sony Apps, using a blu-ray disc, or going through the long hassle of setting Media Server then using Tversity to do their "on the fly" converting.) Only official .PKGs installed in GameOS\ Official Blu-Ray Discs with signed EBOOT.BIN were allowed to use the full power of the RSX. Jailbreak happen roughly 3 months ago as I'm sure you know. This allowed 3.41 firmware (and 3.15 at a later date for those who still want the Install OtherOS feature) to run unsigned code. That was cool and all, I could backup my games to the drive so I wouldn't have to change discs....but emulators and homebrew was struggling because now even though we had access to run unsigned code we still could not get past the Lv2 Syscal. People were releasing very basic games like pong and a slow buggy TWO weeks went by and they had broken Lv2. This made things much easier to code for and allowed the RSX to *start* to be used for 3D applications (it basically just took people a bit to figure out how to code the thing, and then they got it working), so we got a slew of good ports of PC applications. FTP servers, file managers, video players (which will eventually lead .MKV and other high-def codec support), better emulators. This scene blew up faster than any one had thought especially since it took like 4 years to break the machine, and in 3 months they've gotten it to run 3D homebrew (not emulators, homebrew games), DOOM, The entire line of Capcom NeoGeo boards (as well as some Sega and other boards, it's like a MAME lite), Dreamcast (only BIOS), basically every system 16-bit and prior minus a few, Gameboy Advance (windows mobile 6.5, a smartphone OS, cannot do this still and it's been out for ages), PSX, and it was announced a few days ago they have started work on porting Dolphin (the Wii and Gamecube Emulator).

And yes, I see your points about have the PS Store emulator (which I can't access because of Jailbreak choice, but I never played PSN anyways). That's a great way to go get old games, but I already have Final Fantasy 7 from the PSN a while back; that's basically all the PSX games they had that I wanted to download at that time, it was a while ago...so I'm sure there are more now; but I have a lot of those games on disc already. The point of this emulator is for people who have jailbroken PS3s to play their backups without killing the jailbreak. When you put a PS1 disc (or ps2 for BC ps3s) in a PS3 to play it does a soft reset, actively killing the Jailbreak. For most people with Jailbreak this isn't a big deal because you simply turn off the power completely, turn it back on, hit the power button and reset 2 seconds after. Your USB Jailbreak dongle will do the rest......now for, I simply cannot pay $50-$100 for one of the USB keys considering the code is all open source and the manufacturers who put brand names on the Keys have basically sold out every distributor of the right kind of dev board for the USB keys. I use a TI-84+ calculator....which is why I like the PSX emulator. Whereas people with USB keys the Jailbreak works 100% of the time, mine fails about 5 times in a row everytime I jailbreak...and THEN it works. See my problem? I don't feel like spending 10-20 minutes every time I'm done playing a PSX game.

Also. ANYONE who is interested in jailbreaking a PS3, seriously do not freaking steal from game developers. Go buy your games legally, the people who make them work hard, VERY hard to bring you these games. Do not abuse your right to modify systems. It is when you use that for wrong purposes that it becomes a bad thing.

\end of rant or explanation or whatever this is. It's 4:24 AM and I've been up all night with searing pain my both my arms so if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors please bear with me.

EDIT: Also Mr. Rager, I CAN afford MGS on the PSN. I'm pretty sure it's similarly priced to FF7, but seeing as how I've owned the game for PSX for YEARS I really don't see the need for it. There is no risk of bricking a PS3 with jailbreak, but the banhammer will come down on your PSN account. Okay? That's great. I don't do online gaming Wink

RE: Recent Games Played - To - Dec. 06, 2010

(Dec. 06, 2010  11:25 AM)Evan Wrote:

Cool story bro.
beat me to it

What's the point of this? Every single PS3 is backwards compatible with PlayStation discs out of the box. The only defense you'd have is lazyness, but with Metal Gear Solid, it's not really applicable, given it's a game available worldwide via the PlayStation Store for download.
*sometimes a little means a lot*

You wrote a lot just to say you're lazy.

Also, this jailbreak wasn't something the "community" discovered. Someone stole a Sony USB key they use to flash firmware for the developers. People cloned the code, and violla. Eventually other people rewrote the code so that they weren't directly stealing from Sony (yet). carp like this caused GT5 to be delayed a few weeks. Truly a great thing that we should be praising from the rooftops /sarcam.

RE: Recent Games Played - Pyro - Dec. 07, 2010

Oh my god.
KH:Birth By Sleep.
I now share a love with Crimson Smile
I like Ventus out of the 3.

RE: Recent Games Played - |Joe| - Dec. 07, 2010

Heh What mode do you play on and how many stories you beat so far? Personally I like Terra's move's, like Zantetsuken, more, but so far I like them all the same. Although I am only on World 4 I think so far of Ven's story. I've beaten Aqua and Terra and I'm playin em all on Critical Mode hah.

RE: Recent Games Played - Crimson - Dec. 07, 2010

(Dec. 07, 2010  12:01 AM)Pyro Wrote: Oh my god.
KH:Birth By Sleep.
I now share a love with Crimson Smile
I like Ventus out of the 3.

Ventus can be really fun to play, he gets some good moves.

I like Aqua the most. She's a total glass cannon though., she can wreck everything once you get a good arsenal of magic set up, but if you can't dodge and block, enemies can just tear her apart.

I played Terra's story first, and I'm glad, because I hate the way he plays. Far too slow for me.

I have to agree with you on Aqua, but I think that Terra is easier to play because while his moves aren't AS strong as Aqua, he doesn't have as low health or defense. I love to use Triple Firaga, Fission Firaga, and Creeping Firaga on Aqua though haha. I have a 3 Triple Firaga combo that just kills single targets XD Mega Flare is fun too.

RE: Recent Games Played - bluefight - Dec. 07, 2010

FYI it is call of duty black ops

RE: Recent Games Played - Evan - Dec. 07, 2010

(Dec. 06, 2010  11:16 PM)To Wrote:

Cool story bro.
beat me to it

Also, this jailbreak wasn't something the "community" discovered. Someone stole a Sony USB key they use to flash firmware for the developers. People cloned the code, and violla. Eventually other people rewrote the code so that they weren't directly stealing from Sony (yet). carp like this caused GT5 to be delayed a few weeks. Truly a great thing that we should be praising from the rooftops /sarcam.

Did I say the community discovered the jailbreak? No. The PSJailbreak team did. Then the community made an opensource version of it. Then they compiled their own 100% legal SDK to code for.

I do not know why are you on such a warpath about me stating that 3D homebrew can be run. And yes. I am lazy when it comes to my jailbreak, because it's a pain in the carp. If I could snag myself a blank dev board for it, I'd gladly go back to using my PSX discs.

EDIT:

And to be on topic. Been playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl all day Grin

I just found out either my brother or sister spilled soda all over my SSBB some time ago, I was so mad cause I found out right before my friend and I were gonna play it :\

RE: Recent Games Played - To - Dec. 07, 2010

(Dec. 07, 2010  3:17 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2010  11:16 PM)To Wrote:

Cool story bro.
beat me to it

Did I say the community discovered the jailbreak? No. The PSJailbreak team did. Then the community made an opensource version of it. Then they compiled their own 100% legal SDK to code for.

I do not know why are you on such a warpath about me stating that 3D homebrew can be run. And yes. I am lazy when it comes to my jailbreak, because it's a pain in the carp. If I could snag myself a blank dev board for it, I'd gladly go back to using my PSX discs.

EDIT:

And to be on topic. Been playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl all day Grin

You referred to how it took four years for the platform to be broken into. I clarified that it has yet to actually have been broken into. Someone stealing peripheral code is a lot different from someone exploiting existing code on the platform. In that case, now that the flood gates are open, I doubt the PS3 will ever really be "hacked".

But yes, let's get back on topic. I've been playing some Goldeneye 007 on the Wii. And if it wasn't so overly expensive (Activision is charging extra Canada-tax for this one), I'd buy it, since I don't think I'll be able to complete the campaign before my rental is up.

RE: Recent Games Played - SK - Dec. 09, 2010

Cool story bro.
beat me to it

This is big news because before about 2 months ago no unofficial (homebrew) or OtherOS (linux, or whatever strange unix-based OS someone wanted to boot) code written for the PS3 was allowed to use the RSX for 3D applications, only 2D. This meant no emulators, no high-def video codec (other than streaming through one the Offical Sony Apps, using a blu-ray disc, or going through the long hassle of setting Media Server then using Tversity to do their "on the fly" converting.) Only official .PKGs installed in GameOS\ Official Blu-Ray Discs with signed EBOOT.BIN were allowed to use the full power of the RSX. Jailbreak happen roughly 3 months ago as I'm sure you know. This allowed 3.41 firmware (and 3.15 at a later date for those who still want the Install OtherOS feature) to run unsigned code. That was cool and all, I could backup my games to the drive so I wouldn't have to change discs....but emulators and homebrew was struggling because now even though we had access to run unsigned code we still could not get past the Lv2 Syscal. People were releasing very basic games like pong and a slow buggy TWO weeks went by and they had broken Lv2. This made things much easier to code for and allowed the RSX to *start* to be used for 3D applications (it basically just took people a bit to figure out how to code the thing, and then they got it working), so we got a slew of good ports of PC applications. FTP servers, file managers, video players (which will eventually lead .MKV and other high-def codec support), better emulators. This scene blew up faster than any one had thought especially since it took like 4 years to break the machine, and in 3 months they've gotten it to run 3D homebrew (not emulators, homebrew games), DOOM, The entire line of Capcom NeoGeo boards (as well as some Sega and other boards, it's like a MAME lite), Dreamcast (only BIOS), basically every system 16-bit and prior minus a few, Gameboy Advance (windows mobile 6.5, a smartphone OS, cannot do this still and it's been out for ages), PSX, and it was announced a few days ago they have started work on porting Dolphin (the Wii and Gamecube Emulator).

And yes, I see your points about have the PS Store emulator (which I can't access because of Jailbreak choice, but I never played PSN anyways). That's a great way to go get old games, but I already have Final Fantasy 7 from the PSN a while back; that's basically all the PSX games they had that I wanted to download at that time, it was a while ago...so I'm sure there are more now; but I have a lot of those games on disc already. The point of this emulator is for people who have jailbroken PS3s to play their backups without killing the jailbreak. When you put a PS1 disc (or ps2 for BC ps3s) in a PS3 to play it does a soft reset, actively killing the Jailbreak. For most people with Jailbreak this isn't a big deal because you simply turn off the power completely, turn it back on, hit the power button and reset 2 seconds after. Your USB Jailbreak dongle will do the rest......now for, I simply cannot pay $50-$100 for one of the USB keys considering the code is all open source and the manufacturers who put brand names on the Keys have basically sold out every distributor of the right kind of dev board for the USB keys. I use a TI-84+ calculator....which is why I like the PSX emulator. Whereas people with USB keys the Jailbreak works 100% of the time, mine fails about 5 times in a row everytime I jailbreak...and THEN it works. See my problem? I don't feel like spending 10-20 minutes every time I'm done playing a PSX game.

Also. ANYONE who is interested in jailbreaking a PS3, seriously do not freaking steal from game developers. Go buy your games legally, the people who make them work hard, VERY hard to bring you these games. Do not abuse your right to modify systems. It is when you use that for wrong purposes that it becomes a bad thing.

\end of rant or explanation or whatever this is. It's 4:24 AM and I've been up all night with searing pain my both my arms so if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors please bear with me.

EDIT: Also Mr. Rager, I CAN afford MGS on the PSN. I'm pretty sure it's similarly priced to FF7, but seeing as how I've owned the game for PSX for YEARS I really don't see the need for it. There is no risk of bricking a PS3 with jailbreak, but the banhammer will come down on your PSN account. Okay? That's great. I don't do online gaming Wink

[Image: the-ultimate-popped-collar-25591-1275849480-107.jpg]

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - Dec. 09, 2010

I knew it was only a matter of time before Evan started getting trolled.

It never fails.

RE: Recent Games Played - SK - Dec. 09, 2010

holy carp roan you're back?

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - Dec. 09, 2010

(Dec. 09, 2010  2:39 AM)mr. rager Wrote: holy carp roan you're back?

Dude I never really left... lol

I still get on here and post pretty much every day, it's just usually restrained to the Yugioh thread.

RE: Recent Games Played - bluefight - Dec. 10, 2010

pokemon heartgold

mario karts

call of duty

halo reach

RE: Recent Games Played - Saya - Dec. 10, 2010

I'm playing fable 3 just finished it and just finishing collecting stuff. It's and OK game a few glitches here and there..

I'm also playing Okamiden that I imported great game if you like Okami. =)

Pokemon silver got 49 more pokemon to obtain then I'll have much more when black and white comes out.. Gasp

Bayonetta will probably be my next game after fable 3 or maybe katamari then blue dragons.

RE: Recent Games Played - |Joe| - Dec. 10, 2010

Which Silver vers? Classic Silver or Soul Silver?

RE: Recent Games Played - s-pegasus - Dec. 10, 2010

I played new super mario brothers wii.