World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Ask a question, get an answer! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Ask a question, get an answer! (/Thread-Ask-a-question-get-an-answer)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Blade12 - Oct. 30, 2007

Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:Is Dragoon S limited gold version legal?
Is the weight disk legal? It's round.

I'm assuming you mean the transparent plastic version with the gold weight disc, that was marketed as the gold edition here. And yes, if I remember right, that would be Wide Defence, which I'm pretty sure is (was) legal, but there was some issue with plated weight discs some time back.

No it's not transparent. It's a Dragoon S with gold stickers and a gold weight disk.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Oct. 30, 2007

[Image: tisinc99_1974_115077376]
That right?

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:Is Dragoon S limited gold version legal?
Is the weight disk legal? It's round.

I'm assuming you mean the transparent plastic version with the gold weight disc, that was marketed as the gold edition here. And yes, if I remember right, that would be Wide Defence, which I'm pretty sure is (was) legal, but there was some issue with plated weight discs some time back.

G Wrote:Mostly yeah, but some SG Flat tips are flat with a really thin outer circle on the rim of the tip like how GDV is.

Really? All of mine are the perfectly flat type... there's two versions of it o.0?

As per the plated WDs, yes they're illegal by Takara's standards, but I think the community allows them. I don't think any of us see "home-plating" as something to be concerned about.

As per the flat tips, I imagine there are mild mold differences.

Wait, what do you mean by plated?

G Wrote:[Image: tisinc99_1974_115077376]
That right?

Yeah! That's the one. Smile

It's like it was painted on, but done so it works better for the WD. It can be shipped still though.

G Wrote:It's like it was painted on, but done so it works better for the WD. It can be shipped still though.

So the gold paint makes it illegal?
I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but is there a silver dragoon too?
I know there's a silver driger.
Is silver driger's WD legal? It's the same colour as a normal weight disk.

Well by Takara standards yes, but like what Nic said, as a community, they're legal unless there's some huge objection towards them which I don't think there is.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Oct. 30, 2007

Blade12 Wrote:
G Wrote:It's like it was painted on, but done so it works better for the WD. It can be shipped still though.

It's not paint, it's a literal PLATING of color.

As I said, we accept plated WDs as legal here.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Oct. 31, 2007

My wolborg SG's axis spins and causes friction against the Bit Chip a lot. Is this normal? Chocked

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Juv - Oct. 31, 2007

Heres a noob question. Is it recommended using HMS vs plastics? I have both now but im scared to do it cause i feel like the HMS will totally rip up my plastics.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - AnnieDuck - Oct. 31, 2007

If you want to do a fair comparison, not really. In terms of absolute efficiency and brutality, HMS are in a completely different league. It's like comparing an Aston Martin DB9 and a stock Mustang with an auto tranny.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Oct. 31, 2007

Elmo Wrote:My wolborg SG's axis spins and causes friction against the Bit Chip a lot. Is this normal? Chocked

It shouldn't stick out that far, should it?

Juv Wrote:Heres a noob question. Is it recommended using HMS vs plastics? I have both now but im scared to do it cause i feel like the HMS will totally rip up my plastics.

It will probably be safe, but I can already tell you which one will win.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 01, 2007

Blade12 Wrote:

Theoretically it's silvery metal plated silver. Subtle difference.

Anyway, it's not paint, go look up plating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plating

Elmo Wrote:My wolborg SG's axis spins and causes friction against the Bit Chip a lot. Is this normal? Chocked

Hmm I know some models don't quite fit so well sometimes... try changing the casing or the shaft and see if it makes a difference. If all of those that you own have this problem, I suppose you can do without a WD?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Nov. 01, 2007

eh, the metal axis (part of the shaft) is the only part that bothers me. I don't see how it affects the WD, lol. The tip of the metal axis spins against the back of the bit chip, and it drills a tiny crater. It affects how freely the shaft moves at times too.

Also, is it legal to use neo left casings with a regular SG, without the metal ring? It works pretty well Chocked

Is there any use for Metal Sting Base, Seaborg 2's AR, and Strike Turtle? (specific combinations if possible, please and thank you ^^)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 02, 2007

Elmo Wrote:eh, the metal axis (part of the shaft) is the only part that bothers me. I don't see how it affects the WD, lol. The tip of the metal axis spins against the back of the bit chip, and it drills a tiny crater. It affects how freely the shaft moves at times too.

Also, is it legal to use neo left casings with a regular SG, without the metal ring? It works pretty well Chocked

Is there any use for Metal Sting Base, Seaborg 2's AR, and Strike Turtle? (specific combinations if possible, please and thank you ^^)

My bad. I meant bitchip. I've no idea what i was thinking.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - KoD PT - Nov. 02, 2007

Elmo Wrote:Is there any use for Metal Sting Base, Seaborg 2's AR, and Strike Turtle? (specific combinations if possible, please and thank you ^^)
None are comonly used, although I'm a fan of Strike Turle for right spin smash attack, especialy paired up with 10-Wide. I don't own GDV's BB, but I'd really like to try a smash combo with Strike Turtle using it. I tested this before using one with Driger F's shaft and it's wicked.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Cye Kinomiya - Nov. 02, 2007

Seaborg 2's attack ring has amazing smash attack in left spin. However, it has a LOT of recoil which makes people hesitant about using it.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Nov. 02, 2007

King of Darkness Wrote:I tested this before using one with Driger F's shaft and it's wicked.

Yeah, I like this combo that I made using the Draciel v2 SP and AR, with Customize Grip Base and the Driger F shaft. It moves amazingly fast, and has SOME endurance to it due to the fact that it has a bearing, and that it's metal and not rubber.

My 1 question still remains

Can I use Neo Left SG casings with something like Wolborg's SG, without the metal ring?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Blade12 - Nov. 02, 2007

Elmo Wrote:My 1 question still remains

Can I use Neo Left SG casings with something like Wolborg's SG, without the metal ring?

What's a Neo Left SG casing?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Nov. 02, 2007

Blade12 Wrote:
Elmo Wrote:My 1 question still remains

What's a Neo Left SG casing?

Dragoon V and V2 have it.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Nov. 03, 2007

O_O

can I use it or not?
(why answer Blade12's question without answering mine?)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Nov. 03, 2007

Elmo Wrote:O_O

can I use it or not?
(why answer Blade12's question without answering mine?)

I'm not sure about the legality of it ...

Why not just get a Dragoon S/F?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Nov. 03, 2007

If you're talking about whether you can use it, then, yes, technically it fits and so you can use it.

In terms of whether you may use it... I recall back then we discussed this before... it was many years ago, so I can't quite remember, but considering that I continued to use it, I think it was probably decided that it was legal.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Nov. 03, 2007

I think it was legal. I swear I've seen either Beholder or Nic use just the casings alone in a combo.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Elmo - Nov. 03, 2007

ok, thanks XD