World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] (/Thread-Recent-Games-Played-Commentary-is-mandatory)

RE: Recent Games Played - McMongol - Oct. 26, 2009

Just beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

..carp was weak. Here we go, Uncharted 2!

RE: Recent Games Played - KyonXyclone - Oct. 26, 2009

I've been playing on my old Pokemon Advance games and I've found GoldenEye: Rouge Agent and FarCry Instincts; Evolution for my old XBOX... They weren't too bad! But I'm looking forward to Modern Warfare 2...
That's gonna be a lot of hours in the local LAN gaming center and at £3.50 an hour it's not gonna be cheap!

RE: Recent Games Played - Spaceman - Oct. 31, 2009

Finished Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days...dammit the game made me like Roxas now...

RE: Recent Games Played - Meros - Oct. 31, 2009

I just finshed Pokemon Heart Gold Its a good game but when is game freak going to change the rpg its been the same game since pokemon red and blue they just add little features when can we hear the pokemon speak (well say there names) and make our own avatar and make a new quest not just get 8 badges pokemon league and beauty contest

RE: Recent Games Played - Benkei - Oct. 31, 2009

^^ i agree

I just started playing resident evil 4 again with the laser *sighs* man i love that game

RE: Recent Games Played - Meros - Oct. 31, 2009

wow RE4 that takes me back Oh game cube thats was your only good game and smash bros

RE: Recent Games Played - To - Oct. 31, 2009

I bought a couple of PSPminis recently, I'm addicted to Tetris (although I'm addicted to every version of Tetris I've ever played), a friend recommended me Hero Of Sparta ("Jonathan, it's like the best game ever, it's better then God Of War!"), yeah, no. And I bought Pixel Junk Monsters Portable, pretty decent.

(Oct. 31, 2009  5:04 PM)Meros Wrote: wow RE4 that takes me back Oh game cube thats was your only good game and smash bros

I never owned a GameCube (I own two of them, duct-taped together, har har har), and even I know this is not true.

RE: Recent Games Played - Crimson - Oct. 31, 2009

(Oct. 31, 2009  5:04 PM)Meros Wrote: wow RE4 that takes me back Oh game cube thats was your only good game and smash bros

get out

RE: Recent Games Played - Assault - Nov. 01, 2009

hmmmm

Pokemon soulsilver

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts 2

God of War 2

Rock Band 2

Trickster

RE: Recent Games Played - Zanzetsuken - Nov. 02, 2009

Final Fantasy 7 off the PSN Network. My god, I love this game. Also playing the new Astro Boy game.

RE: Recent Games Played - Spaceman - Nov. 02, 2009

My decently sized sollection begs to differ.

I played some Rock Band Mobile...not bad for an iPhone game. Just with they would have made it landscape mode instead and with Unplugged's gameplay

RE: Recent Games Played - Giga - Nov. 02, 2009

I like that game, but you should be able to sing into the mic lol

RE: Recent Games Played - ??? - Nov. 02, 2009

i was going to get beyblade the game but i was $1 short

RE: Recent Games Played - Crimson - Nov. 02, 2009

Devil May Cry 4
I haven't played this since it came out last year, had an urge to pick it up.
I'm getting fairly good at the 'stylish' combos. Not an expert, but I'm keeping my style meter up while killing enemies.

RE: Recent Games Played - Spaceman - Nov. 03, 2009

(Nov. 02, 2009  9:39 PM)Giga Wrote: I like that game, but you should be able to sing into the mic lol

Yeah, they dropped the ball on that one. I would have gotten a microphone for my Touch to play it.

RE: Recent Games Played - Kennyi82 - Nov. 03, 2009

Saints Row 2 = Totally L337 Awesomeness!

RE: Recent Games Played - KoD PT - Nov. 03, 2009

Fallout 2

Got back to playing it a couple weeks ago and finally finished it. When I left it a few months ago, I was still under lv 10, weak and low on money. But after a trip to the NCR during a mission for Vault City, I quickly got stronger.
I ended up going Small Guns/Big Guns during the later half of the game (did Small Guns at the beginning), since Energy Weapons aren't as great later on against the Enclave soldiers in Advanced Power Armor (which is highly resistant to laser and also packs good resistance to Plasma and Pulse weapons), besides I only had so many skill points to spend. I used mostly the Bozar as my main Big Gun and the P90c as the Small Gun, which I changed for a Gauss Rifle near the end. Gotta love those death animations =)
I had Sulik, Cassidy and Marcus with me. I got Marcus really late, so he wasn't that good by then since he can't wear any kind of armor. Cassidy was the best by far, he kicks total carp with a Gauss. I had Sulik use a H&K G11e later on, but set so he'd only use burst mode if it didn't hit me, which worked well most of the time...
Did nearly every quest for every town (I'm "Idolized" in most), playing mostly as a good guy.

SPOILER: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/136/scr00000c.png
From the final battle. I had the turrets on my side, plus 4 Enclave Soldiers along with Cassidy and Sulik (left Marcus back at San Francisco because he would've got slaughtered). Come the end of the 2nd turn in combat (I just walked during the first), Horrigan was down to 55/999 HP from everyone combined attacking him (also with help of a crit one of the soldiers got that did over 450 damage lol). I just whipped up the Vindicator Minigun (still prefer the Bozar) and finished him off.

Stats screen after finishing the game:
[Image: scr00005.th.png]

One of the special random encounters I got during the game (Cafe of Broken Dreams):
Cafe of Broken Dreams 1
Cafe of Broken Dreams 2

It's full of player characters and 3 NPCs from Fallout 1 and was also a location of the same. Dogmeat isn't there because I had already recruited him, just that I left him in Vault 13 with Goris.

At the entrance gate to San Francisco with my party and car:
[Image: scr00004.th.png]

This game started out even harder than with Fallout 3, but later on, money, weapons, etc, also stop being a problem. Using all the best weapons and having high stats, the later enemies (Enclave mostly) are still dangerous to take on though (and this is on normal difficulty). I had to manage skill points more carefully and I only got to choose a perk every 4 levels (normal would be 3) because I took the Gifted trait (+5 skill points each level) at the start. Also took Fast Shot, which lowers the AP cost for ranged weapons by 1, so I couldn't make targeted shots (it's ok since I ended up using mostly burst weapons later on and targeted shots would've cost more AP anyways, which at the start would've been bad).

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Been having a lot of fun with this. carp gets way crazier now with the new vehicles like the APC and Buzzard along with the new weapons like the explosive auto shotgun, sticky bombs, Advanced MG, etc and being able to parachute is great. I'm liking the story so far which lets us know more about some of the stuff that happened back in the original game and in TLaD.

Yusuf Amir is awesome lol His missions have been some of the craziest and fun to play in so far like "Caught with your pants down", etc (well, shooting the fleeing boats with the Buzzard in his 1st mission was tough as hell though...). I felt it has also been harder so far than with the original game in most missions. Still, it's been full amusing moments during some of the missions. Catching the guy in "...Blog this!" was totally worth it for the end.
It's cool they introduced the scoring system and I hear you'll be able to replay the missions once you complete the game. I've been getting mostly 60-70%, with a few 80s in the mix. I'm sure I could do better in some, but there are others which I'll probably never be able to clear all of the requirements, so I probably won't bother with getting 100% or 80% for all the missions.

The new random characters were great fun to meet, definitely worth checking if you spot them on the map.
Drugs Wars are similar to Gang Wars from TLaD and are fun to play. You also get a lot of money from them for such an early stage in the game.
Dancing was fun too and they nailed the club feel nicely. I can never tell what makes it so that you either get the "bonus round" dancing or hook up with a girl during the dancing mini-game though. The first time, I hooked up with a girl, but after that I only got the bonus rounds (in both Tony's clubs).
There's also more sex scenes in this one. hahaha Luis is such a player...must've done most girls in Liberty City. It is like Tony said, "There's always a girl".

RE: Recent Games Played - Bey Brad - Nov. 03, 2009

KoD, what do you think of Fallout 2 Vs 3?

RE: Recent Games Played - KoD PT - Nov. 03, 2009

(Nov. 03, 2009  3:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: KoD, what do you think of Fallout 2 Vs 3?

In general, I had more fun playing through Fallout 3, mostly because of the shooter element along with how much exploring you can do.
With Fallout 2, you just travel from one city to the other, with a few random encounters in the middle. Other than the cities themselves, there isn't much to explore. You still need to find the settlements in the overworld map first to access them, but it just isn't the same as the traveling through the wasteland in Fallout 3 in real time, while coming across buildings, caves, sewers, underground tunnels, raider camps, etc...

On the other hand, Fallout 3 is kinda broken gameplay wise. It's still tough early on, but that doesn't last long. Some differences between the two:

- Obvious, but important: Fallout 2 is an isometric view point and click turn based RPG, while Fallout 3 is a 1st/3rd person open world RPG, where you can fight in real time or by using VATS

- You can basically 100 every skill without much thinking in F3;

- The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats aren't as important in F3. In F2 for example, there are Strength requirements for certain weapons;

- Most items like weapons weight less in F3 (ammo doesn't even weight anything, you can carry thousands of rounds of each type without worry), heck I carry like over 20 different weapons with me in F3, while I usually had to stick with two in F2 and also limited ammo;

- In Fallout 2 there were also some more stats like AC (armor class) which determines the chance of being hit, ammo modifiers depending on the weapon like AP (Armor Piercing - does less damage, but is more likely to pierce through armor)/JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point - more dmg, less chance of piercing armor) some of which also had AC mods making it more likely to hit, Sequence which determines who goes first in the turn, etc...

- Armor is a lot more important in F2, while in F3 you can do fine without power armor. Different armors would each have a certain AC rating along with resistances to Normal/Laser/Fire/Plasma/Explosive/Pulse damage. You also can't loot armor off of corpses;

- Would it have made sense to loot a full suit of power armor from a guy you just tore apart? Well, it does now in F3 because you can repair items, depending on your Repair skill. Using weapons will lower their condition, which also lowers their effectiveness/damage and makes them more likely to jam if it gets really low until they break and become unusable as well as armor loosing its damage resistance progressively the more hits you take. I thought this was an awesome gameplay mechanic and it sure as hell did make things harder early on!

- In F2 you only get a perk every 3 (or 4) levels, while in F3 you get one every level;

- VATS also made stuff easier in F3 and unlike F2, even early on you'd be able to attack 3-4 times before running out of Action Points (later you could do 5-6 times), which regenerate quickly, besides, even though you play 1st/3rd person, you don't even have to aim. For F2, if you wanted to access the inventory to use a stimpack to heal yourself during combat, that would cost APs, walking during combat would cost APs as well. It was more restrictive with the combat. With F3, most of this doesn't apply since there aren't even turns, you can shoot/run around in free aim and access your inventory as many times as you want and use whichever items as many times as you want without even worrying about APs (accessing the inventory is basically pausing the game).

You're basically overpowered in F3, while in F2 you have to manage everything more carefully, items, skill points and perks, so you can't he good at everything (well, you can, but only after you finish the game and visit a certain guy...), which is more along the lines of what RPGs should be like. Fallout 2 is more of a hardcore rpg. Some of that stuff just doesn't translate well into 1st/3rd person perspective real time combat.

I guess it depends on the person. I liked both, but despite being broken, I still enjoyed Fallout 3 more. There's just so much more to explore and do and the DLCs also helped expanding the Fallout universe. I liked the atmosphere in it more as well (really made you feel lonely in some places, or creeped me up in others). There's nothing like traveling through the wasteland, spotting places and creatures from afar or suddenly stumbling upon them, sometimes even getting jumped from behind by beasts like Deathclaws or a Yao Guai and trying to run while shooting them or ambushing a bunch of raiders from afar while in Sneak mode and taking them out with scoped Sniper headshots. Or waiting around a corner for all of them to come running at you with pool cues and sledgehammers and blasting them off with a combat shotgun. Setting up mines so when they come running after you, they get blown to pieces. Watching random creatures fight eachother while in sneak mode, or as a single Giant Radscorpion takes out a small town of settlers...

I would've liked to see some of the stuff from F2 make the jump to F3, like each town having its own music (there're all the same, but then again we also got radio in F3), some of the stats like ammo modifiers, more specific armor resistances for all armors, having more followers depending on Charisma, having some kind of vehicle to travel in, knowing what happened to some of the characters after all those years, etc, but it was still a great experience nonetheless.

I've yet to play through the original Fallout. I'm kinda intimidated, apparently, you only have 1 year in the game time to complete the main story. You had 13 years for Fallout 2 and basically forever for Fallout 3.

RE: Recent Games Played - Dragoon GT - Nov. 03, 2009

I just started Dragon Quest VIII (8) since I won it before and it was one of my fav games.
Its out of
Golden Sun 1 (GBA)
Golden Sun 2 (GBA) and
Dragon Quest VIII (8) (PS2)
They are all RPGs.

RE: Recent Games Played - Spaceman - Nov. 04, 2009

KoD,

I like the skills for Fallout 2 a lot better than Fallout 3. Mainly because I could heal myself without needing items really.

RE: Recent Games Played - TMF128 - Nov. 04, 2009

I am currently doing a semi-speed run of Super Mario World. When I say "semi-speed run," I am saying that I am doing a speed run but not very well.

RE: Recent Games Played - ViddaXondi - Nov. 06, 2009

Call of Duty 4, bought at the weekend..better late than never.
Team Fortress 2
Saints Row 2
Left 4 Dead 2 demo..

RE: Recent Games Played - Spaceman - Nov. 10, 2009

Left 4 Dead 2 Demo

Better than L4D

RE: Recent Games Played - JonnB - Nov. 10, 2009

Resident evil 4
and
finished Arkham Asylum story mode