World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy (/Thread-light-wheels-aka-why-i-hate-takara-tomy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - theflightyellz - Apr. 07, 2009

So is there absolutely no point in the light booster what so ever? I mean, isn't it even worth it when these get discounted massively (which they undoubtedly will), just to a buy some for the mad cancer parts?

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Kei - Apr. 07, 2009

You'd be better off to just buy a Mad Cancer off of YJA imo

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - MuchWow - Apr. 07, 2009

maybe they made the light wheel as a stand for other parts they wanted to publish!
just like when you buy for example a ds holder and you find in it something made out of paper that looks like a ds.
am sure they didn't make them to compete in battles Confused even if they battle with each other the match will be so boring.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Rocky - Apr. 07, 2009

^ I think that's what most of us (or me at least) assumed when we first heard of them. It's because the majority of beyblades in the anime use the Light Wheels that we're worried/pissed off. I mean, you'd think things were a bit odd if you watched an anime about gamers and the minor chracters all used DS' made out of paper, right? XD I don't think that was the best comparison............

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - FOOF! - Apr. 07, 2009

(Apr. 07, 2009  6:55 PM)Rocky Wrote: ^ I think that's what most of us (or me at least) assumed when we first heard of them. It's because the majority of beyblades in the anime use the Light Wheels that we're worried/pissed off. I mean, you'd think things were a bit odd if you watched an anime about gamers and the minor chracters all used DS' made out of paper, right? XD I don't think that was the best comparison............

uhhh........ what rocky is trying to say is you don't see an anime about swords and the main characters use steel swords and the minor character use plastic swords

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Bey Brad - Apr. 07, 2009

(Apr. 07, 2009  7:56 PM)blader9 Wrote: uhhh........ what rocky is trying to say is you don't see an anime about swords and the main characters use steel swords and the minor character use plastic swords

or an anime about metal spinning tops where the minor characters use plastic spinning tops

really this comparison is good enough

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - FOOF! - Apr. 07, 2009

(Apr. 07, 2009  7:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: or an anime about metal spinning tops where the minor characters use plastic spinning tops

yeah you're right

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - theflightyellz - Apr. 07, 2009

(Apr. 07, 2009  7:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: or an anime about metal spinning tops where the minor characters use plastic spinning tops

Something tells me it won't last.
Before you know it, there'll be proper battles, and everyone will have metal wheels, and we'll sit, and drink coffee, and laugh about this.
*Pats Brad on the head and hands him a muffin*

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Bey Brad - Apr. 07, 2009

(Apr. 07, 2009  8:25 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Something tells me it won't last.
Before you know it, there'll be proper battles, and everyone will have metal wheels, and we'll sit, and drink coffee, and laugh about this.
*Pats Brad on the head and hands him a muffin*

This is what I'm hoping for and mostly expecting. We're seeing Light Wheels right now because they're a new product TT is promoting.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - xOverCasted - Apr. 13, 2009

(Apr. 05, 2009  5:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually sort of want to buy a bunch of them, get them all into the Wide Square stadium and let a Storm Pegasis loose in there

That sounds like fun >:]. Temporary satisfaction ftw.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - theflightyellz - Apr. 14, 2009

They're already being discounted by ebay sellers, guess they're not selling.
The clear color boosters are being knocked down as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/Takara-Metal-Fight-BeyBlade-BB-25-clear-color-booster_W0QQitemZ260374230004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2603%E2%80%8B74230004&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A5%E2%80%8B0
May have to pick up a couple

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Aqua - Apr. 14, 2009

(Apr. 14, 2009  12:34 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: They're already being discounted by ebay sellers, guess they're not selling

Those aren't light wheels.....

That's why I said "The clear color boosters are being knocked down as well" thought people would be more interested in getting that for cheaper than lightwheels.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Aqua - Apr. 14, 2009

(Apr. 14, 2009  1:01 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: That's why I said "The clear color boosters are being knocked down as well" thought people would be more interested in getting that for cheaper than lightwheels.

What do you even mean by "clear colour boosters"? The link that you posted is Random Booster Volume 2: Legend Pisces.

(Apr. 14, 2009  1:44 AM)Aqua Wrote: What do you even mean by "clear colour boosters"? The link that you posted is Random Booster Volume 2: Legend Pisces.

Sorry, think it's just because of what it was listed as. I've seen it listed quite a few times on ebay as BB-25 clear colour booster.
The above seller did have quite a few light booster volume 1's in stock, but after the discount was put on, then went pretty fast.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Bey Brad - Apr. 14, 2009

RBV2 was like, the best RB ever. Sorry to burst your bubble.

(Apr. 14, 2009  4:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: RBV2 was like, the best RB ever. Sorry to burst your bubble.
I wasn't saying it wasn't, that's why I posted the link since people would be interested in it.
My post was intended to mean "Why would you bother with light wheel boosters when you can get RBV2 for less than a light wheel booster"

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - FOOF! - Apr. 14, 2009

RBV2 is the best except for bull

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Bey Brad - Apr. 14, 2009

(Apr. 14, 2009  12:29 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: I wasn't saying it wasn't, that's why I posted the link since people would be interested in it.
My post was intended to mean "Why would you bother with light wheel boosters when you can get RBV2 for less than a light wheel booster"

oh

well then that's a pretty good point

in japan the light wheel boosters are selling for about 279-300 on average whilst the RBV2 were about 499. however, RBV2 were a way better deal

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - theflightyellz - Apr. 15, 2009

(Apr. 14, 2009  4:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: oh

well then that's a pretty good point

in japan the light wheel boosters are selling for about 279-300 on average whilst the RBV2 were about 499. however, RBV2 were a way better deal
Ebay average price wise, RBV2 seems to be cheaper than RBLV1.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - TheUnkownGod - Apr. 15, 2009

WE SHALL BOYCOTT THIS CARP!

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - theflightyellz - Apr. 15, 2009

(Apr. 15, 2009  1:18 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: WE SHALL BOYCOTT THIS CARP!
The carp didn't do anything wrong!
Boycott the light wheels!
I'm guessing the sales for them will be phenomenally low, so at least it'll end with light booster volume 2. S'just a shame we're getting light boosters instead of real boosters.
Can't wait for Hybrid wheel boosters to be released.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Deikailo - Apr. 15, 2009

Brad, for War Room you should incorporate a bonus face: Pegasus. Goes to whomever can defeat the most light wheels with a single spin.

I guess I can only recommend getting about 10-20 together and just reshooting them.

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Bey Brad - Apr. 15, 2009

(Apr. 15, 2009  2:23 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Brad, for War Room you should incorporate a bonus face: Pegasus. Goes to whomever can defeat the most light wheels with a single spin.

I guess I can only recommend getting about 10-20 together and just reshooting them.

lol i might give out face boosters for this

RE: light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy - Ozzyschach - Apr. 15, 2009

(Apr. 15, 2009  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol i might give out face boosters for this
Takara should send Brad, and a few other people (Me, Rocky, Khel, Anubis, etc.)
About 40-100 light wheels.
And all of us could make a few vids...
And show us, using our blades (Sliding shoot) To single-handledly destry them...
I mean the thought of some kids getting those, and opening them. And them sucking...
It almost makes me sad...They won't ever enjoy beyblades.
Abolish Lites...And remember kids, there are children in Japan who can only use crappy lite beyblades.
Friends