World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Ask a question, get an answer! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Ask a question, get an answer! (/Thread-Ask-a-question-get-an-answer)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - AnnieDuck - Jun. 10, 2008

hasbro lol Wrote:Special Power Spirit Rules pump up the Beyblade action! Each battle is fought under one special rule of play. Will your opponent change his battle strategy? Can you use the rule to your advantage? LET IT RIP and find out!

-DRAGOON STORM (Dragon Spirit) Reverse Launch = Opponent must launch his/her top with his/her opposite (non-writing) hand

-DRACIEL (Turtle Spirit) Delay Launch = Launch your BEYBLADE top 5 seconds after opponent launches his/her top

-DRANZER (Phoenix Spirit) Power Launch = Player can use a Deluxe BEYBLADE launcher while opponent can only use the standard BEYBLADE launcher

-DRIGER (White Tiger Spirit) Customization Launch = Opponent cannot use a customized top. His/her top must come straight out of the box.

Rules were taken from the offical Hasbro Beyblade site.

'Round these parts, we call that cheating.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Pich - Jun. 10, 2008

Those Special Power Spirit Rules are just stupid and they also made rules in a Beyblade Official Handbook I bought, too, including tournament rules. If you want me to, I'll try to take some readable pics.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - SexyMichael - Jun. 10, 2008

jasonresno Wrote:Hey Brad. I ended up looking around for the rules and Hasbro has these:

Quote:Basic Beyblade Rules of Play:
-All BEYBLADE battles must occur in BEYSTADIUM! -- BEYSTADIUM cannot be on table or other elevated surfaces

-To begin official BEYBLADE battles, BEYBLADE tops must be launched after the signal of 3,2,1 LET IT RIP!

-Only one launch per battle -- battle ends when one top stops spinning

-If player touches opponent during opponent's launch of top, player loses 1 point

-Player scores 1 point if opponent does not launch top into the BEYSTADIUM

-If player's top enters one of the three penalty pockets anytime during battle, opponent scores 2 points (max score of 2 points per battle)

-Player scores 1 point if his/her top spins longer than opponent's top

-If player touches BEYSTADIUM during battle, opponent scores 3 points-battle immediately over

-Compete in multiple battles-the player with 7 or more points at the completion of a battle wins!

Special Power Spirit Rules pump up the Beyblade action! Each battle is fought under one special rule of play. Will your opponent change his battle strategy? Can you use the rule to your advantage? LET IT RIP and find out!

-DRAGOON STORM (Dragon Spirit) Reverse Launch = Opponent must launch his/her top with his/her opposite (non-writing) hand

-DRACIEL (Turtle Spirit) Delay Launch = Launch your BEYBLADE top 5 seconds after opponent launches his/her top

-DRANZER (Phoenix Spirit) Power Launch = Player can use a Deluxe BEYBLADE launcher while opponent can only use the standard BEYBLADE launcher

-DRIGER (White Tiger Spirit) Customization Launch = Opponent cannot use a customized top. His/her top must come straight out of the box.

The top bit isn't really detailed at all and the bottom bit is ridiculous.

Hasbro has always been lame when it came to official rules.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - To - Jun. 10, 2008

Hasbro is a toy company, they don't have rules, they have instructions. Besides, if they wanted rules they'd ask Wizards to make some confusing stuff Tongue_out

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Synesthesia - Jun. 10, 2008

Were Takara products even legal for tournament use?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Jun. 10, 2008

No.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Synesthesia - Jun. 11, 2008

Doesn't really matter now since official tournaments don't exist, just was curious.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Jun. 11, 2008

AnnieDuck Wrote:
hasbro lol Wrote:Special Power Spirit Rules pump up the Beyblade action! Each battle is fought under one special rule of play. Will your opponent change his battle strategy? Can you use the rule to your advantage? LET IT RIP and find out!

'Round these parts, we call that cheating.

There's the Takara ones with the instructions saying to launch ten seconds after the opponent.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Spinster - Jun. 11, 2008

The power spirits rules were absolutely ridiculous. There was an expanded list somewhere at one point... I don't know if it was fan-made or not, but there were some obscene ones on it, like "Opponent cannot use weight disk", and "Opponent must launch with eyes closed". Simply ludicrous.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Marin - Jun. 11, 2008

Speaking of official tournaments, something I've been wondering for a while: is painting a blade considered an illegal modification? I have a feeling it is but I thought I'd make sure.

I wonder now that there arn't any official tournaments anyway if there'd be much trouble registering and playing with a painted bey anyway. It shouldn't really be a problem, I don't think. Adds another dimension to the hobby... there are prizes for best painted warhammer armies and stuff, it'd be cool if there were contests for beyblades.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - bugturtles - Jun. 11, 2008

Marin Wrote:Speaking of official tournaments, something I've been wondering for a while: is painting a blade considered an illegal modification? I have a feeling it is but I thought I'd make sure.

I wonder now that there arn't any official tournaments anyway if there'd be much trouble registering and playing with a painted bey anyway. It shouldn't really be a problem, I don't think. Adds another dimension to the hobby... there are prizes for best painted warhammer armies and stuff, it'd be cool if there were contests for beyblades.

It's legal. However, it should not affect weight significantly. Dye doesn't add weight, but as of now, I do not yet understand the proportions of using it.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Sasch - Jun. 11, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:No.

what? one wasn't allowed to use a takara blade at a tournament???

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - bugturtles - Jun. 11, 2008

Sasch Wrote:

Hasbro doesn't like Takara products showing up at their tournaments.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Blader Soul - Jun. 11, 2008

could you use the long winders in the new metal fight beyblade launchers?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - claire - Jun. 11, 2008

On beyblade g-revolution for the gameboy advance, how do you do combos? I lost the guide for it and now I keep losing!

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - SexyMichael - Jun. 11, 2008

drager metal slicer Wrote:could you use the long winders in the new metal fight beyblade launchers?

no

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Jun. 12, 2008

claire Wrote:On beyblade g-revolution for the gameboy advance, how do you do combos? I lost the guide for it and now I keep losing!

This forum is about the Beyblade hobby, not the Beyblade video games. We don't answer this sort of question here. Go to gamefaqs.com or something ...

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - To - Jun. 12, 2008

bugturtles Wrote:
Sasch Wrote:

Hasbro doesn't like Takara products showing up at their tournaments.

Whoops, then I guess I cheated in the tournaments I entered other than Blader Jam, 'cause I used Takara Dranzer V2 pieces, along with some Takara Driger V pieces.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - bugturtles - Jun. 12, 2008

I wouldn't consider it cheating, they're essentially the same parts, just distributed by different companies

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - To - Jun. 12, 2008

YTV's tournaments were bad, in year 1 they allowed fake pieces. You know those giant gold weight disks with the spikes? Yes, a kid was allowed to use that before he broke one of the on hand Beyblades YTV provided. Lucky for me that I face fake parts, just nothing that could break my stuff, like an Crush Orange Draciel F(this was before the repaint lines).

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Jun. 12, 2008

Yeah, I used Takara stuff as well. When I battled people I knew in tournaments we let loose.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Marin - Jun. 12, 2008

bugturtles Wrote:
Marin Wrote:Speaking of official tournaments, something I've been wondering for a while: is painting a blade considered an illegal modification? I have a feeling it is but I thought I'd make sure.

It's legal. However, it should not affect weight significantly. Dye doesn't add weight, but as of now, I do not yet understand the proportions of using it.

Its funny how I've (we've?) never seen painted blades, then. Any case, I'm definitely glad. To be honest I always had a problem making ugly custums >_<

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - jasonresno - Jun. 12, 2008

A few things I'd love explained (I didn't see them in the wiki anywhere, blows my mind..)

What is a Zombie type blade?
What is a left spin type blade?
What is a spin stealer/how is it done/what are the pros and cons?
What is the point of a wobbler? (I think I understand this one)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - bugturtles - Jun. 12, 2008

Marin Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:

Its funny how I've (we've?) never seen painted blades, then. Any case, I'm definitely glad. To be honest I always had a problem making ugly custums >_<

Nic likes painting his customs, and some Japanese like painting theirs for show. When I get some nice paint, I'll paint mine as well. If it's for show, I don't think it'll show up in a tournament for competitive purpose. Probably only for bragging rights.

jasonresno Wrote:A few things I'd love explained (I didn't see them in the wiki anywhere, blows my mind..)

What is a left spin type blade? I think this isn't a type, but just spin direction selection. Some combos are best used in Right, others in Left.

Zombie/Spin Stealer concepts I'll probably get wrong or misinform, so I'll let someone else do that.

From what I've seen, Wobbler is an Attack type. It uses its own balance problems to its advantage (in this case, attack). To me, it seems like spinning a hammer handle-side down, and watching the hammerhead smash the ground.

I never used Wobbler, but that's just my interpretation.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Jun. 12, 2008

jasonresno Wrote:A few things I'd love explained (I didn't see them in the wiki anywhere, blows my mind..)

What is a left spin type blade?

I could have sworn that there WAS a zombie article. Hmmmm. Anyway, you can say that zombies are endurance type Beyblades that are spin stealers. There's two ways to have good endurance; either the brute force method of having a high spin rate and so on, or by smooth bearings and spin stealing. Zombies MUST have a bearing base and circular parts. The purpose of it is to keep stealing spin from the opponent, and by doing so, both Beyblades will "die" at around the same time. However, after it topples, it'll continue to spin on the ground for a while even though the sides are in contact with the stadium. This is due to the bearing base, and the circular parts, to decrease the effect of friction on it. Thus, it'll outlast just by that little bit.

Left spin goes anticlockwise, right spin goes clockwise.

bugturtles Wrote:Nic likes painting his customs

Damn right I do. But please remember that some are real, e.g. my navy blue Seaborg or ice blue Wolborg4.

These are sprayed:
[Image: 2c16eed4.jpg]
[Image: 918604fd.jpg][Image: f02dae6b.jpg]
[Image: ab8aef6a.jpg][Image: 57495005.jpg]
[Image: dbf81233.jpg]
[Image: 3f02152f.jpg]