World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Ask a question, get an answer! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Ask a question, get an answer! (/Thread-Ask-a-question-get-an-answer)

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - jasonresno - Jun. 09, 2008

Was this a decent purchase? I spent 19.00 on it..

Comes with six beyblades, six launchers + rip chords, and one of the plastic stadiums. Used, yes, but I figure it's hard enough to even find those stadiums so it has to be worth it right there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160246874228&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

And if anyone can tell what beyblades there are there, that'd be awesome.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Train - Jun. 09, 2008

Draciel S
Orca Diver
Dranzer S
Rushing Boar?
and some red one that is either a re-colour or Death Gargoyle (plastic gen)

^Thanks a ton man!

Was 19.50 a terrible deal?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Sasch - Jun. 09, 2008

the red one's a recolor of master Draciel. 20 bucks ain't that bad I guess

What exactly is a recolor? Is it done by the owner? Or what?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I just got back into Beyblade.

Thanks for the replies by the way?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Train - Jun. 09, 2008

Sasch Wrote:the red one's a recolor of master Draciel. 20 bucks ain't that bad I guess

That's what I thought. Mm I don't think 20 is that great of a deal I mean there is an Orca Diver in there and it's carp.

a re-colour means it was re-released in a different colour than the original. This is done by the manufacturer.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Jun. 09, 2008

TaKaO, You should really get both packs... $10 would be worth it alone for just DEMS, but considering you'd get about 5 more Beys to it you should.

I wouldn't say that lot was a terrible deal for $19.50, but after the $12 for shipping, I think it would be. You're getting a Draciel S, but hopefully the metal balls come with it.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Jun. 09, 2008

Takao Wrote:Dark Effigy and Advanced Guardian are in the same pack along with Gigars. Gigars is a "meh" blade to me, it has a nice AR but nothing else. Either way, it'll be mine.

Trygle 2 is the only blade in another pack I'm unsure of. This pack has Wyvern DJ(I like the design, so I'd buy it even if it does suck, which I heard it doesn't), and the massively used, and thus proven for sucess, Wolborg MS(which I already have, but you can never have enough of that RC).

Sounds like great packs. I'd pick up a few if I were you.

jasonresno Wrote:What exactly is a recolor? Is it done by the owner? Or what?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I just got back into Beyblade.

Thanks for the replies by the way?

Recolors are done by the company.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - To - Jun. 09, 2008

I picked up both packs. Sadly those were the only 3 packs they had. The store also had a Hasbro Dragoon Storm which must have been there for ages for $1.50, picked that up as well, didn't notice it originally because it was on a rack, and not with the other Beyblades.

They also had a Wyborg & Seaborg bundle with a Tornado/Bllizard stadium(can't remember exactly which one) for $5. I didn't care though since I don't like Hasbro stadiums, while I already have some.

I asked the staff if they had any more 3 packs, they said if they did that they are for their fall/winter sale(it's a seasonal close out store). So I'll check back then, and hope for the best. Because thanks to them, my HMS collection is a lot more than Wolborg, Sea Drake, and Advanced Averager.

EDIT- I may be able to get my hands on a Hasbro Jiraiya MS. I know the Takara version is different. But do these changes affect it performance wise? Is the Hasbro version a good top?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - bugturtles - Jun. 09, 2008

Aren't some Bey plated by their owners sometimes (thus making it illegal now? or what? plating is still illegal to the community or..?)?

I think the HMS packs are worth it. DEMS is a must have.

When you guys lay with friends and stuff...how do you set up the rules and stuff to maximize the enjoyment out of the game? Are there official rules you follow? Have you made up your own game types?

I know Beyblade Modification is illegal in the game but for playing with friends do you think it'd be a good way to liven up the experience and make it more interesting?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Ryuki - Jun. 09, 2008

jasonresno Wrote:When you guys lay with friends and stuff...how do you set up the rules and stuff to maximize the enjoyment out of the game? Are there official rules you follow? Have you made up your own game types?

I know Beyblade Modification is illegal in the game but for playing with friends do you think it'd be a good way to liven up the experience and make it more interesting?

I basically follow tournament rules.
I have trouble not doing so, it seems to really bother me if I did.
I hate illegal modifications so if someone i knew had em, i'd make sure they dont use it.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Bey Brad - Jun. 10, 2008

Ryuki Wrote:
jasonresno Wrote:When you guys lay with friends and stuff...how do you set up the rules and stuff to maximize the enjoyment out of the game? Are there official rules you follow? Have you made up your own game types?

I basically follow tournament rules.
I have trouble not doing so, it seems to really bother me if I did.
I hate illegal modifications so if someone i knew had em, i'd make sure they dont use it.

Same here. Limitations is what makes games interesting for me. That is, working inside those limitations to make something great. I like it to be an even playing field.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Crimson Hero - Jun. 10, 2008

Is Flash Lepard2's Base good for wobbling?? It looks like it would be??

It's good for wobbling. Not so good for winning.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Cye Kinomiya - Jun. 10, 2008

bugturtles Wrote:Aren't some Bey plated by their owners sometimes (thus making it illegal now? or what? plating is still illegal to the community or..?)?

I think the HMS packs are worth it. DEMS is a must have.

Plating it yourself is definitely illegal. Takara released some plated weight disks. I'm not sure if these have become illegal.

Takara's official ruling is that all plated parts, even official, are illegal because there's no way to tell the difference between home-plating and official-playing. However, I pretty much ignore that rule since home-plating isn't really an issue for us.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Nic - Jun. 10, 2008

Ryuki Wrote:
Some good defense bases are

Metal ball defenser
Defense grip base[Seaborgs base name, got it wrong last time]
SG Metal Ball base

those are just some.
But if you're looking for rubber tipped bases, theres only Defense grip base i believe and wolborg 2.
Pichuscute Wrote:ok, thx. the only one left i need is seaborg then.

I know this is a bit old, but just to clarify, Customize Grip Base from Uriel2 can have a similar function. Its rubber is softer than Seaborg, though, so generally it has better grip (and hence worse survival). But, this base is more versatile since the rubber can be flipped for attack mode. You could do it with seaborg, too, but that's illegal.

Modification will reach a "peak" at some point. At that point, due to the over-powered state, it no longer becomes fun anymore.

I think, useless modifications are fun, but serious tournament-grade mods are just sad.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Blader Soul - Jun. 10, 2008

why is desert spinxer so bad?

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - jasonresno - Jun. 10, 2008

With a name like Spinxer..how could it not?

Thanks for the response guys. One more question: Where can I find the official rules? I'm sure I could dig them up through a google search but...you guys are too cool to let me do that.

drager metal slicer Wrote:why is desert spinxer so bad?

Because it is? Explaining why a Beyblade is bad is harder than explaining why it is good. There is just nothing advantageous about its design.

jasonresno Wrote:With a name like Spinxer..how could it not?

Thanks for the response guys. One more question: Where can I find the official rules? I'm sure I could dig them up through a google search but...you guys are too cool to let me do that.

There isn't really an official list. I plan on compiling one some day.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - Crimson Hero - Jun. 10, 2008

Whats the single worst bey part??

The bit beast Tongue_out.

To Brad: I think that'd be uber helpful. The people I've played with never knew the official rules.

RE: Ask a question, get an answer! - G - Jun. 10, 2008

Crimson Hero Wrote:Whats the single worst bey part??

Parts from Zinrai/Hayate. Nothing about that Beyblade can be used.

Hey Brad. I ended up looking around for the rules and Hasbro has these:

Quote:Basic Beyblade Rules of Play:
-All BEYBLADE battles must occur in BEYSTADIUM! -- BEYSTADIUM cannot be on table or other elevated surfaces

-To begin official BEYBLADE battles, BEYBLADE tops must be launched after the signal of 3,2,1 LET IT RIP!

-Only one launch per battle -- battle ends when one top stops spinning

-If player touches opponent during opponent's launch of top, player loses 1 point

-Player scores 1 point if opponent does not launch top into the BEYSTADIUM

-If player's top enters one of the three penalty pockets anytime during battle, opponent scores 2 points (max score of 2 points per battle)

-Player scores 1 point if his/her top spins longer than opponent's top

-If player touches BEYSTADIUM during battle, opponent scores 3 points-battle immediately over

-Compete in multiple battles-the player with 7 or more points at the completion of a battle wins!

Special Power Spirit Rules pump up the Beyblade action! Each battle is fought under one special rule of play. Will your opponent change his battle strategy? Can you use the rule to your advantage? LET IT RIP and find out!

-DRAGOON STORM (Dragon Spirit) Reverse Launch = Opponent must launch his/her top with his/her opposite (non-writing) hand

-DRACIEL (Turtle Spirit) Delay Launch = Launch your BEYBLADE top 5 seconds after opponent launches his/her top

-DRANZER (Phoenix Spirit) Power Launch = Player can use a Deluxe BEYBLADE launcher while opponent can only use the standard BEYBLADE launcher

-DRIGER (White Tiger Spirit) Customization Launch = Opponent cannot use a customized top. His/her top must come straight out of the box.

Rules were taken from the offical Hasbro Beyblade site.