World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory] (/Thread-Recent-Games-Played-Commentary-is-mandatory)

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - Jan. 06, 2009

(Jan. 06, 2009  1:04 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: The shard fight was fun but it seemed like a boss to end that chapter of recruiting that guy or whatever, not ending the game.

Roan what choice did you make?

The Needs of the Few. I wanted my dog back, damn it. lol

RE: Recent Games Played - Sam - Jan. 06, 2009

needs of the few is the best

i have done both needs of the one and needs of all (or whatever it's called)...

Having a 360 without Live is like having a PC without internet.

Pointless.

RE: Recent Games Played - MuchWow - Jan. 06, 2009

NO!it depends on wut game ur playing now,me,my 1 month trail finished maybe a week ago but i didnt even notice that.cuz am playing ninga gaiden 2 and assasinscreed and both dont use live.
am gonno uptade my live account today for a year Smile

RE: Recent Games Played - FFX - Jan. 06, 2009

Funny, I haven't found the need for live yet.

(Jan. 06, 2009  4:35 PM)FFX Wrote: Funny, I haven't found the need for live yet.

Go away troll.

=)

Who needs live? I have found no need for live, and the majority of 360 owners either have a silver account or don't even have live at all. There are plenty of ways to have fun without live. There are plenty of ways to have fun without playing on the internet. Live is not a necessary thing to enjoy 360, and it's hardly pointless to own one without live. I'm pretty sure your in the minority here.

17 million Live subscribers beg to differ.

So does the $1 billion spent on Xbox Live.

Source

17 million on live, a bit more than half are gold, which means if we give them a high number of 13 million gold live, that means 4 million silver and 11 million unconnected. That is with me being generous on the live numbers.

Go fish.

And where are you pulling this info from? Its easy to sling numbers around.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/01/microsoft-xbox.html

Sorry I was looking for the link and couldn't find it.

Regardless, the majority of Live subscribers are Gold members, as the link you posted just showed.

Seeing as how Xbox Live is easily the biggest feature of the system, I'm pretty sure you are in the minority.

Majority yes. But then why discard those who aren't connected at all. I'm not connected at all. If we take number of non Gold and number of unconnected, it should still beat number of Gold accounts. The majority number can be as low as 8.6 million accounts. And lets not forget the accounts created from LIVE in the xbox era. And if the PR has been spun to include multiple accounts and stuff, the numbers aren't that impressive.

And really, is Live the biggest feature of the system? Do people buy it because it can connect to the internet? Is LIVE the selling point? Or is the selling point the exclusives that Xbox has? Do people buy it because they think "I get to play this console online, this is why I want the 360?". Or is it because "Hey, this Rock Band game is pretty fun, and you say that I can also have a karaoke system on it as well. And it can play DVD's? You say that my kids will love Halo?"

The point is, kids aren't the 360's target audience. Most owners of the system are in the older teen age group.

So yes, I do think Live is the biggest selling point, and I do think the staggering amount of games played over Xbox Live is a good indicator that the feature is a large one.
Also piss off you've gotten us way off topic.

RE: Recent Games Played - Rocky - Jan. 06, 2009

Back on topic, played Sonic The Hedgehog 3 for a bit. I seem to have an urge to play all the old Sonic games lately. Uncertain

RE: Recent Games Played - Blue - Jan. 07, 2009

xbox 360 install base is like 28 million(npd). lol i don't think no live renders a 360 pointless.
imo its game library is its biggest selling point. hey silver members still access XBLA right?

played Assassins creed. its good but i hope it gets better, because somethings seem just to take too long. lol the middle eastern cities are the coolest, Acre is boring and ugly..

played some ps2 games, I think they look pretty sweet even though the image is softer. Killzone is still fun to run and gun. GT4 in widescreen. Budokai 3 looked great.
played Burnout P with Kei, though we were short a few players....=|

RE: Recent Games Played - Roan - Jan. 07, 2009

(Jan. 07, 2009  12:02 AM)Blue Wrote: xbox 360 install base is like 28 million(npd). lol i don't think no live renders a 360 pointless.
imo its game library is its biggest selling point. hey silver members still access XBLA right?

When I said a 360 without live was pointless, I wasn't just referring to online gaming. There's so much more that Live offers the 360 that you can't get without being connected (either Silver or Gold -- doesn't matter). Granted, Gold members benefit the most (online gaming, Netflix, etc.), but that's the way it should be as they are paying for the service.

Silver members still get all of the free patches and free demos as well as paid items like expansion packs and Xbox Live Arcade games. Maybe my statement was a bit too sweeping, but for me personally, I can't imagine having a 360 without it being connected to Live in some fashion. Sure the games are just as important, but when the biggest exclusive games are pushing the multiplayer aspects (Halo 3 and Gears 2, specifically) as the feature that will give the games longevity, I can't imagine buying a 360 to play those games offline. Just doesn't make sense to me. Plus I have built lasting friendships with people I've met or gotten to know better playing games with via Live, and that's something that's important to me.

ANYWAY I'M DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION NOW.

I played a lot more Fallout 3 last night. Found the village of tree-worshiping weirdos and finished that side quest among a few others. I also played some Gears 2 a little bit ago with Artie.

RE: Recent Games Played - Bey Brad - Jan. 07, 2009

(Jan. 06, 2009  10:10 PM)FFX Wrote: =)

Who needs live?

people who actually have friends to play games with and aren't forcing themselves to live in the past i guess

RE: Recent Games Played - FFX - Jan. 07, 2009

(Jan. 07, 2009  12:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Who needs live?

people who actually have friends to play games with and aren't forcing themselves to live in the past i guess

=/

I don't need live because I have plenty of friends to play with offline.

RE: Recent Games Played - Bey Brad - Jan. 07, 2009

(Jan. 07, 2009  12:42 AM)FFX Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2009  12:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Who needs live?

=/

I don't need live because I have plenty of friends to play with offline.

great for you, some of us actually move around and don't live on the same street as everyone we know

RE: Recent Games Played - Kei - Jan. 07, 2009

Burnout Paradise with Blue

SK and Hamix didn't show up. Unhappy Still, it was fun!

RE: Recent Games Played - Shake.junt95 - Jan. 07, 2009

(Jan. 07, 2009  5:15 AM)Kei Wrote: Burnout Paradise with Blue

SK and Hamix didn't show up. Unhappy Still, it was fun!

sorry had school but im sure we can all play some time thanks for da add on psn

RE: Recent Games Played - Blitz - Jan. 07, 2009

Was Playing COD5 and got to lvl 34 on Nazi Zombies
Started with 4 people then it was just two of us for like the last 5 rounds

RE: Recent Games Played - To - Jan. 07, 2009

Blue Dragon
Lost Oddysey

Blue Dragon is just very horridly generic.
Lost Oddysey's story thus far has been very "WTF?" and hasn't done much new either.

RE: Recent Games Played - SexyMichael - Jan. 07, 2009

Brawl

I'm getting carp sexy with Diddy