World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. (/Thread-UGH-PARENTS-AND-FAMILIES)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - dragonbooster - Sep. 27, 2011

im not allowed to buy beyblades anymore even if i have enough money this angers me so much
but on the bright side ill persuaded my mum to get me some beys for xmas which is okay i guess

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Ninja Crab - Sep. 28, 2011

But Xmas is so far away!!! Lucky for me, im born the month before, so i get presents pretty fast. XDXD

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Kujikato - Sep. 28, 2011

My parents refused to buy me new beyblades unless it's my Birthday or christmas. but i dont mind, imagine a 5 yrs old saving money in a HUGE tin can. we have Rp. 200.000,- now i want to hit the Rp. 2 million mark so i can get the stuff we need brothers agrue why gets to use basalt, me, use MF Meteo L-Drago Ch120 XF and end it.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Tyler Le - Sep. 28, 2011

I so hating my mother more and more. WHY ? I just got a day off school and Beyblade all morning, and she is like: " YOU ARE WASTING TIME. DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU FROM BEYBLADING"
What the heck is in to her.? She is like nuts with always says learn this learn that if you don't learn you cant get into harvard blah blah blah. and she is trying to put into my head with lots of equations and math exercises.
I HATE MY FAMILY.

Well, sorry for any hurt to any body or else. I was so mad I don't know where to share it

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - .:J:. - Sep. 28, 2011

well my families ok with beys. my friends call them gay-blades, which I find unfair. my family does get annoyed if I mention it too much though, also my friends have started liking them. I wow them with my custom beys and attack combos and then show them a vid I made of my grand ketos knocking out a bey in 5 secs. then they start trying it out and get hooked. It would be better if my family showed more interest either way.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - LionheartSM - Sep. 28, 2011

My mum seemed fine with it until now, she seems concerned about the amount of money I'm spending on beyblades lately, i think I've spent about £50 or so on plastics in the past few weeks but what really annoys me is that when I'm bidding on a lot on eBay she outbids me at the last seconds and then I ask her why and she says "it will make a good x-mas present" arrrrrrraaagggghhhh!!! she beat me to a Driger v2 and some other beys a few weeks ago...

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Wolfman847 - Sep. 29, 2011

this friday im going bey hunting with my friend i need money but if i ask my mom shes gonna ask what its for then say no

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - TwiztidBlader - Sep. 29, 2011

My mom is okay with beyblading and she sometimes gets me beys out of nowhere and thats cool..... BUT her stepdad is trying to force her to stop getting them for me and he tells her to tell me to stop getting beys for myself. he says i should buy CLOTHES for myself with my own X-mas/birthday money. or as he calls em toys, i see beyblade as a hobby. I've never liked him because he constantly critizes me because of my hair. I HATE HIM!!!!!

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Gamecreator916 - Sep. 30, 2011

my mom doesn't like how expensive. I almost got a NIB takara cyber dragoon and i had the money for it, but she told me no. and what's worse is i saw an auction on ebay where 2 little kids were forced to give up ALL of their beyblade stuff on ebay cuz they used their bathtub as an arena and it got scratched and dented some. they gave their parents about $125 and it still wasn't enough. http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25615 seems pretty harsh. my mom threatened to THROW AWAY my collection before. i was tempted to super sayian, but i practiced self control.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - LeoneFreak - Sep. 30, 2011

Yeah, some of my friends are like "YOU LIKE BEYBLADE?" I love it.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Hazel - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  1:08 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: my mom doesn't like how expensive. I almost got a NIB takara cyber dragoon and i had the money for it, but she told me no. and what's worse is i saw an auction on ebay where 2 little kids were forced to give up ALL of their beyblade stuff on ebay cuz they used their bathtub as an arena and it got scratched and dented some. they gave their parents about $125 and it still wasn't enough. http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25615 seems pretty harsh. my mom threatened to THROW AWAY my collection before. i was tempted to super sayian, but i practiced self control.

The parent in that particular case was fully justified.

Children need to be taught financial responsibility.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Kai-V - Sep. 30, 2011

I think what was more outrageous about this whole story is that the parent had their children stand there with their Beyblades and took a photograph with them crying. I am not sure that was such a good decision, I personally do not agree with it.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Thor Odinson - Sep. 30, 2011

Yea same here kai-v. I at least would take a pick without their faces or just the bag. poor kids.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Hazel - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  3:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think what was more outrageous about this whole story is that the parent had their children stand there with their Beyblades and took a photograph with them crying. I am not sure that was such a good decision, I personally do not agree with it.

I've got a fair inclination that was largely done for shock value. Entirely unnecessary, but I imagine the effect it had on the children was pretty profound.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Deikailo - Sep. 30, 2011

My mom gave me a $1600 loan for the stuff I bought for BEYBLADE: CRUSADE. I showed her where the profit would be and she agreed to help.

I mean, UGH. HOW UNSUPPORTIVE MY MOTHER IS! She flew me out to Houston for a Beyblade tournament, drove me up to Canada to meet Brad + Beyblade crew in 2005, lent me money for Beyblades, helped drive me to a Brooklyn tournament when my car broke down, but won't help me apply to college! Unhappy I want to go to college!
Oh, cruel world!

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - travisawesome - Sep. 30, 2011

Unlucky, Deikailo.
Anyway, my mum still supports me.
She takes me to Artbox in Burwood (where the sydney tournaments are held) to buy beys under $20.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - kyoa leone - Sep. 30, 2011

Uncertain my mum just says its a waste of money and stop playing those babish toys and study Unhappy but i still like it Eee

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Annoying-Fork - Sep. 30, 2011

Ironically, the 4D system Beyblades look like something even adults would enjoy. Uncertain

First there are overprotective parents, then there are parents which cannot see the good in some action toys this generation of children.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - OneWingedAngel - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  4:58 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Ironically, the 4D system Beyblades look like something even adults would enjoy. Uncertain

First there are overprotective parents, then there are parents which cannot see the good in some action toys this generation of children.

You got THAT right! Well, yea, my parents don't really mind me & beyblades, and my dad even enjoys a couple of freindly matches. Heck, he has VERY powerful launches [considering he used to be in the military Tongue_out].

Kai-V Wrote:I think what was more outrageous about this whole story is that the parent had their children stand there with their Beyblades and took a photograph with them crying. I am not sure that was such a good decision, I personally do not agree with it.

Really? Honestly, I'd beat the living [insert bleep here] out of those [insert VERY LONG bleep here]. Ok, I do have my "Berserk" runs and have anger management issues, but REALLY? That's Child Abuse.

Some parents these days are out of tune with modern society. This ISN'T the days where you could smack your child on the hand 150 times for doing something wrong. Most parents are OK, but I just feel like some of them hit their heads or something. I mean, one mother made her son stand in public with a sign saying something like "Do NOT trust me I am a theif and will steal" just for nicking some candy.

However, a common reason why parents are abusive is because they themselves were knocked around in childhood. Honestly, if parents had been supportive from the start, NONE of this would have happened.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - TwiztidBlader - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  1:08 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: my mom doesn't like how expensive. I almost got a NIB takara cyber dragoon and i had the money for it, but she told me no. and what's worse is i saw an auction on ebay where 2 little kids were forced to give up ALL of their beyblade stuff on ebay cuz they used their bathtub as an arena and it got scratched and dented some. they gave their parents about $125 and it still wasn't enough. http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25615 seems pretty harsh. my mom threatened to THROW AWAY my collection before. i was tempted to super sayian, but i practiced self control.

i always thought that was two brothers and the bigger one got them taken away and given to the little one hmph what a great mom she could have gotten them an ACTUAL stadium after they noticed little damages so that damages didnt get too serious. well i just dont know what to make of it Chief 2002 - Disappointed ...

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Gamecreator916 - Oct. 01, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  5:48 AM)Kid Driger Wrote:

i always thought that was two brothers and the bigger one got them taken away and given to the little one hmph what a great mom she could have gotten them an ACTUAL stadium after they noticed little damages so that damages didnt get too serious. well i just dont know what to make of it Chief 2002 - Disappointed ...

ikr. i didn't have a stadium when i got my first beyblade, i just used an old lego box instead Tongue_out

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Hazel - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  5:08 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  5:48 AM)Kid Driger Wrote:

ikr. i didn't have a stadium when i got my first beyblade, i just used an old lego box instead Tongue_out

I personally took a cardboard box and set it up without the top/bottom on our cheap tile floor and launched into it until I could afford a stadium. The few scuffs I did make, I was made to polish out, but there weren't many.

When I chipped a section of a door frame, I had to pay for a new one, though.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - TwiztidBlader - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  5:11 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  5:08 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  5:48 AM)Kid Driger Wrote: i always thought that was two brothers and the bigger one got them taken away and given to the little one hmph what a great mom she could have gotten them an ACTUAL stadium after they noticed little damages so that damages didnt get too serious. well i just dont know what to make of it Chief 2002 - Disappointed ...

I personally took a cardboard box and set it up without the top/bottom on our cheap tile floor and launched into it until I could afford a stadium. The few scuffs I did make, I was made to polish out, but there weren't many.

I got my stadium same day i got my first MFB bey so i didnt have to improvise but its always fun to see wat you can bey in

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - LR Blader - Oct. 01, 2011

my first MFBs Dark Wolf and Storm Pegasis came from the BB-32 Hybrid Wheel Match Set so i got an Attack Stadium instantly Grin and I personally won't play on other than a beystadium...

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - bakumj14 - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  7:50 AM)Kid Driger Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  5:11 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  5:08 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: ikr. i didn't have a stadium when i got my first beyblade, i just used an old lego box instead Tongue_out

I got my stadium same day i got my first MFB bey so i didnt have to improvise but its always fun to see wat you can bey in

WOW. that mom was going a little to far, taking away their stuff? she even said at the end that she was going to sell MORE of their toys! this is just wrong. when I started beyblade, my mom gave me a pan to battle in, then i moved to a stadium for some other battling top i found. then my brother found the super vortex staduim on clearence for SIX BUCKS!!!!!!!! so my mom bought one for both of us. those kids had to be battling in the bath tub for awile, but then their mom could of just told them to stop at the first sign of damage. ether that, or they were doing a running launch right at the wall. in that case the mom could of just said to stop when she heard the first the first bang. even then there wouldn't be much damage.
my mom is pretty suportive with beyblade, sometimes even battling me, and taking me to tournements.