World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Dan - Dec. 27, 2011

An individual CS cannot excel in all the categories by any means. CS as tip, overall, can.

I don't see why any of you turn to this thread for competitive relevance..
There are so many reasons I won't even begin to go into as to why this thread should be closed.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Ultra - Dec. 27, 2011

Well thanks for that very negative post. Um also this generally correct so I'd love to know what your problem is? Anyway it's mainly for noobs who don't know much.

Each and every category is decently outdated, badly ordered and serves no different point than the official competitive combo list. The list is literally dictated by you in a bias way compared to the official list which holds no opinions, but pure fact.

Each and every category is decently outdated
Um not by that much. This just kinda shows that you either have no idea what the purpose of a tier list is or what the actual purpose of this is supposed to be...

Badly Ordered
Um most parts of the list aren't supposed to be in any order apart from having things split into tiers...

Serves no purpose different than the competitive combo list.
Um it kind of does. The point of the list is not to copy the competitive combo list which you seem to not have gathered despite my reasoning for making this being in the OP. It's a comparison for all the parts available in terms of usage in the types(Or it will be when it's finished).

Dictated by me in a bias way
That's a complete load of rubbish tbh. I only ever follow what people say really and always post future changes for people to comment on them... Also as a generally experienced and knowledgable member clearly I can't post what I generally think? You know like you do every day? Also you say bias as if it's an evil thing and that everyone doesn't have bias.

Happy now that I refuted all the carp you said?!

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hov - Dec. 27, 2011

Someone is mad. But dude you're mostly behind on the metagame and the list needs to be in order. I don't care what you think, its what the community needs

No i'm not mad at all. Just because I put a swear word in there doesn't mean i'm mad. Most of what he wrote wasn't accurate and one part was the exact opposite of the truth. However yes I do acknowledge that is needs updating and it will be done soon.

Quote:Um not by that much. This just kinda shows that you either have no idea what the purpose of a tier list is or what the actual purpose of this is supposed to be...
Basalt is still on tier 1 and Duo is apparently non-existant. Lightning, Gravity and a bunch of other poor wheels are considered tier 1 attack by your list.

Quote:Um most parts of the list aren't supposed to be in any order apart from having things split into tiers...
.. Which is ridiculous.

Quote:Um it kind of does. The point of the list is not to copy the competitive combo list which you seem to not have gathered despite my reasoning for making this being in the OP. It's a comparison for all the parts available in terms of usage in the types(Or it will be when it's finished).
Uh huh.. Alrighty.

Quote:That's a complete load of rubbish tbh. I only ever follow what people say really and always post future changes for people to comment on them... Also as a generally experienced and knowledgable member clearly I can't post what I generally think? You know like you do every day? Also you say bias as if it's an evil thing and that everyone doesn't have bias.
May I remind you:
Ultrablader Wrote:Do not comment that the tier 1 attack wheels aren't in order. I don't want them in order. If you comment on this I will verbally attack you/report your post.
No, that isn't overbearing in the slightest!
That is what I mean by 'biased'

Quote:Happy now that I refuted all the carp you said?!
Serious

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - H8R - Dec. 27, 2011

*ahem*PM's*ahem* seriously I don't mean to interrupt or anything but the fact that Dan doesn't like the way this list has been made doesn't have anything to do with the beyblade metagame....... you might say that because your talking about the list it's okay to keep at it...But how does this discussion benefit any of us except you two continue this via PM's or not at all.
talk about basalt still being in tier 1 and all but not about what you like about how Ultrablader is running this thread

The only reason I posted that was because people keep complaining about the order of it. I already said that I know it needs to be updated. Yes surely it's rediculous despite the fact that when I put something in order everyone moans that they don't think it's right despite having followed what people said. Yes point out that one piece of bias despite the the fact that apart from that I only follow what people say...

H8R: Yes it's not on topic but I welcome criticism since it can be good.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Gibraltor - Dec. 27, 2011

(Dec. 27, 2011  7:12 PM)Dan Wrote: An individual CS cannot excel in all the categories by any means. CS as tip, overall, can.

I don't see why any of you turn to this thread for competitive relevance..

Thank you Dan! Someone who understands that it's about the coherency of the parts not the individual. The game is called beyblade not "beyblade parts"

For instance, my Hell Kerbecs thread showing he beat 99% of the competive combos at the time has been thoroughly smitten by Hyper Orso SW145RF (I'll make a video since no one will believe me). Case and point, for some reason that combo works well, but I'm sure those parts will not be good on other stuff, minus RF of course.

(Dec. 27, 2011  9:12 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The only reason I posted that was because people keep complaining about the order of it. I already said that I know it needs to be updated. Yes surely it's rediculous despite the fact that when I put something in order everyone moans that they don't think it's right despite having followed what people said. Yes point out that one piece of bias despite the the fact that apart from that I only follow what people say...

If you truly do follow what people say, we wouldn't have an argument right now, would we?

Yes because differences of opinions clearly don't exist in your world...

Your opinion vs. most everyone else.

I remember when this first opened and even then people complained about the order.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hazel - Dec. 27, 2011

There should not be an order.

An order implies empirical facts that this list is not tested well enough to imply. If you try putting Basalt, Duo, and Death in an order, for example, you have to write an essay next to them to explain why.

That's just a pain to manage.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hov - Dec. 27, 2011

If he done it long ago like we asked he wouldn't even be going through this argument.

This is his thread, and he is free to operate it any way he wants to. Taking suggestions is just something he does on our behalf.

Obviously ordering the list is not something that is 100% agreed upon, and anyone who would take a very small amount of time to think about it would see the inherent difficulties of doing it.

(Dec. 27, 2011  9:49 PM)Hazel Wrote: There should not be an order.

An order implies empirical facts that this list is not tested well enough to imply. If you try putting Basalt, Duo, and Death in an order, for example, you have to write an essay next to them to explain why.

That's just a pain to manage.

Duo
Death/Basalt

Essay: tests corroborate this statement.

whoof, that was hard, boys.

Okay if you don't want an order you could just put them in a line (I.E Duo, Death, Basalt, Libra etc.) instead of the downwards spiral which implies empirical order.

The problem is that some of his categories are in order, and some aren't so it is difficult to tell what he's trying to describe from what I can tell.

Death, Duo, and Basalt are all different enough that it cannot be stated that blatantly. They each have strengths and weaknesses that others do not. Then there's the Stamina section, which needs a lot of explanation, and the Attack section, which is circumstantial at best.

The whole point of tiering is so that people have a general idea of what is best at what. This thread is for classifying purchases, not making bold statements. The Competitive Combos list doesn't even put things in order - why would its casual little cousin do it?

Made some of the more obvious changes. Haven't added Wing or Guardian since I think they need more testing. Major work will be starting when I have the time to in my break after my exam in Jan. Also currently nothing in the OP is in any order. I'd prefer it stay that way for the reasons Hazel stated.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Dan - Dec. 28, 2011

(Dec. 27, 2011  10:42 PM)Hazel Wrote: This thread is for classifying purchases

how so?
This is apparently a comparative thread, not really related to what should be bought. (at least not directly, or its 'official' purpose either)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Janstarblast - Dec. 28, 2011

(Dec. 27, 2011  10:42 PM)Hazel Wrote: Death, Duo, and Basalt are all different enough that it cannot be stated that blatantly. They each have strengths and weaknesses that others do not. Then there's the Stamina section, which needs a lot of explanation, and the Attack section, which is circumstantial at best.

The whole point of tiering is so that people have a general idea of what is best at what. This thread is for classifying purchases, not making bold statements. The Competitive Combos list doesn't even put things in order - why would its casual little cousin do it?

Tbh, I was actually planning such a thread myself, a more detailed version of the Parts List, which would also function as a Tier List.
It would have had a list of all parts released, and an essay(put into spoilers) to explain their performance, the era in which they excelled, and by what were they outclassed/put out of use. I actually aimed to call it a Beyblade History thread, as it would have included the details of all the parts released since the time it all started. I had Kai-V's permission to make one, but due to lack of perfect information, that thing remained a dream project...

OK, back on topic,
Ultra- As you wish. I just tried to suggest a few methods to classify things...
Dan- Oh yes, a CS tip as a whole can never provide the best in every spear. IMO, there should be a decent explanation of the Condition of CS around here, so that it may be referred to while putting CS in the Tier List. Then again, its Ultra's wish. Smile
CS is an extremely complicated tip, though. A calm CS may be made aggressive by launching it at an angle(as I have heard), and launching it straight would provide pure Defense/Stamina capabilities. Considering CS has good Defense, and at the same time, offers respectable stamina, it would always pass out as a Defense/Stamina tip, or simply an Attack tip. Smile

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Ultra - Dec. 28, 2011

(Dec. 28, 2011  12:08 AM)Dan Wrote:

how so?
This is apparently a comparative thread, not really related to what should be bought. (at least not directly, or its 'official' purpose either)

Um well just because that's not the reason why I made list doesn't mean that it can't be used like that.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Hazel - Dec. 29, 2011

(Dec. 28, 2011  12:08 AM)Dan Wrote:

how so?

You seem to've mistaken some tenses here - I did misword it, as it is not the thread's intention, but rather the purpose it most often serves - that people come to this thread to see what the parts they have do well at, and where they sit in usefulness, post-purchase, after registering here. I did it, and most everyone else gets directed here when asking how good their stuff is.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - $greenbucks$ - Dec. 30, 2011

For the defense section, in the bottoms list for tier 1, shouldn't you include "RDF?"

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - OnePiece - Jan. 01, 2012

Does B:D still require testing or is it just been deemed not worthy of the list? Basically im asking has B:D not made the tiers list or does it require more testing?