World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE (/Thread-METAL-FIGHT-BEYBLADE-AUGUST-9-NEW-SERIES-RELEASE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Nic - May. 21, 2008

But OTC is rather large! I see this community as a rather small one. How many members here do we have that are actually new members?

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Bey Brad - May. 21, 2008

flashfox Wrote:We don't have OTC's numbers yet, do we...?

Isn't the average markup to make a profit somewhere around 50-80% at the least?

Markup from wholesale price, not retail price. Their markup is on the retail price. It's truly unfair.

Composer, that is true, but right now the members here are the prime Beyblade market. There aren't as many Bladers as there used to be, either.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Raiyu - May. 21, 2008

I wish that I had bookmarked my source cause I lost it but Beyblade 2008 anime will air in Japan early January 2009 and will feature a whole new cast...no Blade Breakers.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Kai-V - May. 21, 2008

Raiyu Wrote:I wish that I had bookmarked my source cause I lost it but Beyblade 2008 anime will air in Japan early January 2009 and will feature a whole new cast...no Blade Breakers.
Hm, I already said it would be aired in Japan in January. Also, it probably would not be called "Beyblade 2008" since it will be aired during most of 2009 ...

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Evan - May. 22, 2008

Hmm...honestly, I don't see why ya'll are complaining about the mark up. Yea it's expensive, but seriously where else are you going to get them. Any proxy service is going to be just as, if not more expensive.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - mdhvdukshsj - May. 22, 2008

DtD Wrote:Hmm...honestly, I don't see why ya'll are complaining about the mark up. Yea it's expensive, but seriously where else are you going to get them. Any proxy service is going to be just as, if not more expensive.

So you're excusing price gouging, because this is the only relatively easy store to by from?

We're an obsequious bunch, huh?

Artie Wrote:
DtD Wrote:Hmm...honestly, I don't see why ya'll are complaining about the mark up. Yea it's expensive, but seriously where else are you going to get them. Any proxy service is going to be just as, if not more expensive.

So you're excusing price gouging, because this is the only relatively easy store to by from?

No, I'm not excusing it. I'm saying, it's going to be (with shipping and everything) around the same price via a proxy service. Either way, we're screwed.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - mdhvdukshsj - May. 22, 2008

DtD Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

No, I'm not excusing it. I'm saying, it's going to be (with shipping and everything) around the same price via a proxy service. Either way, we're screwed.

People could always buy in bulk, and sell them without the price gouging.

Wouldn't be entirely difficult.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Bluezee - May. 22, 2008

but if u think about it, i would rather spend less on the actual item and find ways to handle shipping...buying in lots at a time is cheaper

Artie Wrote:
DtD Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

Would you be willing to do that? I don't know anyone who would, honestly. For such a niche market as Beyblade, I doubt anyone would be willing to.

i would if its gonna save money and still get me what i need and have some left for other accessories or other things

DtD Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
DtD Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

Would you be willing to do that? I don't know anyone who would, honestly. For such a niche market as Beyblade, I doubt anyone would be willing to.

Brad has stated in this thread he would want to make it easy for users to get the new beyblades.

So we'll see.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - G - May. 22, 2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Brad wouldn't mind.

I really would appreciate it if he did..i mean, im learing japanese in class but my teacher isnt going fast enough so this would be easy until i can do it on my own

Translation wouldn't be a problem really, it'd just be finding someone or some store overseas who'd sell in bulk.

Now that i think about it, that is definitely true...hmm...what a challenge that will be

I bet he knows some people who knows some people though Wink

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - TheBlackBlade22 - May. 22, 2008

So does anyone know how much stock they are gonna get of theese things cuz im sure almost all of the 200+ ppl are gonna order them plus i kno at least 300 kids on youtube who are eyeing them as well.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Roan - May. 22, 2008

TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:So does anyone know how much stock they are gonna get of theese things cuz im sure almost all of the 200+ ppl are gonna order them plus i kno at least 300 kids on youtube who are eyeing them as well.

We have no possible way of knowing the amount of stock any one site will receive.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - FFX - May. 22, 2008

Honestly, I'd think that we might have to front a lot of money up to Brad if we were talking about the bulk discounts that I'm thinking of..I don't see a huge incentive for japanese to sell to us cheap blades at this point, unless this series bombs.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Bey Brad - May. 22, 2008

A proxy service would NOT cost more than Ideal is charging. You would pay roughly 15% extra + shipping. Ideal is charging almost 100% extra.

I will make sure everyone here can get the new Beyblades without being price gouged, so don't worry about it.

However, please understand that I have no plans to buy and resell. I will teach others how to buy it. If they don't want to bother, that's not my issue.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - TraceKaiser - May. 22, 2008

To me, $20 is £10, and the original blades cost like £6 ($12). So Ideal doesn't seem to expensive to me. However, when Brad gets a way for us to get them much cheaper, mega-score!

Bey Brad Wrote:A proxy service would NOT cost more than Ideal is charging. You would pay roughly 15% extra + shipping. Ideal is charging almost 100% extra.

I will make sure everyone here can get the new Beyblades without being price gouged, so don't worry about it.

However, please understand that I have no plans to buy and resell. I will teach others how to buy it. If they don't want to bother, that's not my issue.

Shipping from a proxy service, please correct me if I'm wrong I've never used one, is rather expensive right?

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Kei - May. 23, 2008

Is it just me, or do both of the stadiums look the exact same? Except the colours of course.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE - Raiyu - May. 23, 2008

Kei Wrote:Is it just me, or do both of the stadiums look the exact same? Except the colours of course.

I think there also made of metal..if they didn't then they'd be stupid cause if the stadiums were plastic, they can get messed up really easy. But I'm not completely sure they are metal, if not then they do look the same.