World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! (/Thread-MF-Meteo-LDrago-CH120XF)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jul. 12, 2011

Depends when it is wobbling, but you could possibly still hang on equalizing if you're still in contact with opponent bey.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Callum6939 - Jul. 12, 2011

Just some tests as you don't have any listed on the OP with Libra...

Meteo Banked, 80% (Lightly used XF)
Libra straight shot 80% (semi aggressive CS)

MF Meteo L Drago CH145 XF (Assault/Upper Mode) VS MF-H Libra GB145 CS

Meteo 9/10 (8 OS, 1 KO)
Libra 1/10 (1 KO)

90% win rate.

Libra had a fluke KO, but was redone, and its just a normal KO...

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jul. 12, 2011

(Jul. 12, 2011  10:17 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: Just some tests as you don't have any listed on the OP with Libra...

Meteo Banked, 80%
Libra straight shot 80% (to avoid it going aggressive)

MF Meteo L Drago CH145 XF (Assault/Upper Mode) VS MF-H Libra GB145 CS

Meteo 9/10 (8 OS, 1 KO)
Libra 1/10 (1 KO)

90% win rate.

Libra's KO was a fluke hit, where the Meteo Hit it then Libra just tapped it out...
I don't count flukes, mind re-doing it? I mean, mention there was a single fluke KO. (happened in OP results, I didn't count it and just mentioned it with asterisk)

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Callum6939 - Jul. 12, 2011

yeah I don't mind Joyful_3

Edit: Yeah, its still a Libra KO Tongue_out so still 90% win rate, but this time not fluked

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - th!nk - Jul. 13, 2011

Dan, we usually count flukes, unless something obviously went wrong on launch, and just note them. Otherwise, testing becomes far too subjective, as the tester is judging what is/isn't a fluke. I mean, a bad launch is fair enough to re-do, but yeah.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Spin-Sonic - Jul. 13, 2011

This combo is so broken it's not even funny. I never use it but Bluezee uses this on me from time to time and it completely ruins everything even higher attack powered wheels like Fang or Big Bang (until I put on my favorite bottom but even then, at times it ruins them). Definitely something to watch out for. With that said, this combo is amazing. Thanks Dan!

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Deikailo - Jul. 14, 2011

Dan, I challenge you to use this combo against me at HPT3. I'll use a different attacker.

I want to see how well this can be played in an actual tournament setting.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Kai-V - Jul. 14, 2011

(Jul. 14, 2011  2:55 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Dan, I challenge you to use this combo against me at HPT3. I'll use a different attacker.

While there is the issue that it would be predictable, if he did not use it, I think it would prove that it is not really a safe option for tournaments ...

(Jul. 14, 2011  3:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  2:55 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Dan, I challenge you to use this combo against me at HPT3. I'll use a different attacker.

While there is the issue that it would be predictable, if he did not use it, I think it would prove that it is not really a safe option for tournaments ...
When I used it in a tournament setting, I had a COMPLETELY different experience than what I got from testing it.

It could have been my low blood sugar at the time, but I would rather not whine about that as my factor for losing.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Serotonin - Jul. 14, 2011

I think it's been established for a while that testing conditions aren't always the same as competition conditions. It's not even just nerves; it's about space requirements, time limits, everything. The most successful customisations are invariably ones which are easy to launch (10bBistool, Zombies, MF-H Basalt 230CS).

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:07 PM)♥ Wrote: I think it's been established for a while that testing conditions aren't always the same as competition conditions. It's not even just nerves; it's about space requirements, time limits, everything. The most successful customisations are invariably ones which are easy to launch (10bBistool, Zombies, MF-H Basalt 230CS).
Pretty much this. This combo is so light for me. I've always used heavy stamina/attack combos so using this is so weird for me.

That's why it would be a good example to film or show how practical this is in a tournament situation.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jul. 14, 2011

So you want me to commit suicide? That's just like saying 'hey, play my MF Lightning Ldrago BD145LRF against your MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS. If you lose or don't want to use it, then obviously MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS isn't top-tier or tournament savvy'
Now, do you mean free battles or the real thing? I'll need to borrow your XF for this non-sensical 'testing' of tournament worth.

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:38 PM)Dan Wrote:

So you want me to commit suicide? That's just like saying 'hey, play my MF Lightning Ldrago BD145LRF against your MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS. If you lose or don't want to use it, then obviously MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS isn't top-tier or tournament savvy'
Now, do you mean free battles or the real thing? I'll need to borrow your XF for this non-sensical 'testing' of tournament worth.
This combo can't stand up to attackers in opposite spin direction?

Relevancy? Most prominent attackers used are left-spin. Using a right-spin attacker against me would dumb, I doubt you would do that unless you want an extra loss.

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:44 PM)Dan Wrote: Relevancy? Most prominent attackers used are left-spin. Using a right-spin attacker against me would dumb, I doubt you would do that unless you want an extra loss.
I can beat this with a right spin attacker Chocked_2

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Spin-Sonic - Jul. 14, 2011

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:46 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:44 PM)Dan Wrote: Relevancy? Most prominent attackers used are left-spin. Using a right-spin attacker against me would dumb, I doubt you would do that unless you want an extra loss.

And what attacker might that be? Fang gets killed by this with a weak launch and light banking so unless you are using Beat, I dont see this really happening that easily.

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:49 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:46 PM)Deikailo Wrote:

And what attacker might that be? Fang gets killed by this with a weak launch and light banking so unless you are using Beat, I dont see this really happening that easily.
Why would I give away my combo now? All I will say is I will attach to a right spin beylauncher and show Dan the bottom to prove it before he attaches.

But if anyone knows how I play from the plastic generation, then they ought to be able to predict what I will use.

Look, you're clearly not accustomed to this which is fine, it takes some time. I don't think your personality is for it either so you be getting different results with your limited time with it. Thank you spin-sonic for backing me up because I know you know full well what can be done with this.
I will be excited to see you both, I will use means available to me to do my best at the tournament and if you do indeed use a right-spin attacker, I wish you luck. Putting some pressure on me to use the combination is a tad strange coming from you Kai, because it honestly felt like you were doing that because you had a foul experience with it and apparently MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS (IIRC) so you could get to know the customs available to you and know when to hold and fold them.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Kai-V - Jul. 14, 2011

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:57 PM)Dan Wrote: Putting some pressure on me to use the combination is a tad strange coming from you Kai, because it honestly felt like you were doing that because you had a foul experience with it and apparently MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS (IIRC) so you could get to know the customs available to you and know when to hold and fold them.

Not really, hah.

You just seem to be the one who can use this combination the best, and apparently different launches can be done to adapt to whatever your opponent ends up being. And Spin-Sonic wrote that it was "broken" too. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF has started being used in some tournaments, it would be cool to see someone use MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF properly, and if it is not you, who will it be ?

(Jul. 14, 2011  4:57 PM)Dan Wrote: Look, you're clearly not accustomed to this which is fine, it takes some time. I don't think your personality is for it either so you be getting different results with your limited time with it.
"Limited time"? Speechless

Kai-V: The only person who's fiddled with this combination as much as me is Bluezee (I don't know about spin's time) and he has went to a tournament and showed people how good it was.
Deikailo: comparatively speaking, you have not used it nearly as much as me so I choose the word limited.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Callum6939 - Jul. 14, 2011

stop this argument, your spamming this thread, and its a bit annoying, sorry I now you guys are advance members and mods, but really, should you be taunting each other?

yes you guys have a point about the combo, but also Dan has a point, its just a tricky bey to use, probably more advanced than MF Lightning L Drago, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS and a few others, the point is you don't know what your opponent will use, this is a counter to basalt 230, and low basalt combos.... but it has a weakness to high grip moving beys....

If you come against a right spin attacker course it will lose, its high speed moving, and has higher grip, and opposite direction, which would kill the lower grip bey ie MF Meteo L Drago, also the results vary from which mold of meteo and L drago IIs you have, as depending on how worn the rubber can mess up the results....

if you want to get a point across, just show some comparative vids and use it in free play, thats how Dan's going to show me the comparitive results against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS....

Now stop this argument due to reasons I have mentioned above, there are easier ways to solve it, and not by spamming on this thread, you guys are the roll models you should know better.

Callum6939

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Bluezee - Jul. 14, 2011

I will use this to show how great it is. Considering I do not see anyone else even making a whole-hearted attempt besides Dan and Spin-Sonic being the only one who faces me so often with this combo to see how well I use it, I will be using it in every tournament from now on.
(Jul. 14, 2011  5:15 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: yes you guys have a point about the combo, but also Dan has a point, its just a tricky bey to use, probably more advanced than MF Lightning L Drago, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS and a few others, the point is you don't know what your opponent will use, this is a counter to basalt 230, and low basalt combos.... but it has a weakness to high grip moving beys....

If you come against a right spin attacker course it will lose, its high speed moving, and has higher grip, and opposite direction, which would kill the lower grip bey ie MF Meteo L Drago, also the results vary from which mold of meteo and L drago IIs you have, as depending on how worn the rubber can mess up the results....

These points are not necessarily true. It depends on the user. I dont have many issues with right spin attackers at all. In fact, they are easier to beat for me than anything else.

Callum: I appreciate what you're doing. Mod would smash right spin attackers though..

(Jul. 14, 2011  5:08 PM)Dan Wrote: Kai-V: The only person who's fiddled with this combination as much as me is Bluezee (I don't know about spin's time) and he has went to a tournament and showed people how good it was.
Deikailo: comparatively speaking, you have not used it nearly as much as me so I choose the word limited.
Really now? Because you know what I do in my spare time?