MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF!

It is here.
Thanks Bluezee and Spin-Sonic!

Okay, you're thinking this combination is too much like McFrown's MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF I presume. To get that out of the way; it is not. The Homing Dragon is much more smash oriented than the combination I present to you. (one of two, Bluezee Tongue_out!) Again, this require somewhat of a mastery of XF. I would like to say I have mastered it, but alas, I get a suicide once in awhile. This combination has been doing extremely well all over the map for me, as I hope it will to you.

Sister Thread

Old tests (Still worthy of a look, by the way!) (Click to View)

New Tests! (Click to View)
AMAZING results! I love the name as well! Seems like Meteo will finally get the respect it deserves. I will post my results up as well.
I find it hard to believe because meteo is hard to get kos =/ the rubber gets in the way.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:44 PM)®otation Wrote: I find it hard to believe because meteo is hard to get kos =/ the rubber gets in the way.

I have all the parts for these, so hopefully I can reproduce the same results in the next few days.
Notice how most of its wins are because of 'Out-Spins'? This is some max'd out spin-stealing. The KO's I got were because Hell was on WD so there is no need to doubt me. If you do, test it yourself. I'm also pretty good with XF so I might get marginally better results than you the first few times you use XF.

Edit:
Kai-V: That is so awesome, last time you helped me test good things happened. (CS)
I love the name! Anyways, I can't test today; I have friends over. Tests will come maybe tomorrow.
OK so here are my results.

Maximum Meteor (120 height)vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Meteor: 20/20 (6KO 14OS)
100% win rate

Maximum Meteor (145 height) vs. MF-H Basalt 85CS
Meteor: 18/20(3KO 15OS)
Basalt: 2/20( Meteor self- KO 2 times)

Maximum Meteor vs. MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Meteor: 11/20 (5KO 6OS)
Hell: 9/20 (9OS)

It seems the key to getting KOs is the have the metal hit the rather than the rubber OR get Meteo under BD for a lift that is similar to upper attack but you have to shoot will REALLY deep banking and at 100% power.
I get that effect with 50%. As for hitting the metal, I put it at CH145 for LTD/SS/SC's for a easy KO.
Hmm, I should try it at lower launching rates. It could actually peak its performance.
How well does this combo does against Attack Types? Well, in TT Tournaments, its only Attack Vs Attack :V . I will support you Dan, by testing of course Smile.
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:45 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Well, in TT Tournaments, its only Attack Vs Attack :V .

No, it is not ?
Great results Dan, great minds must think alike, hah. I'll be getting these parts within the next few days, so perhaps Kai and I cold do some backup testing? Anyhow, here's my quote from the other thread:

(Apr. 22, 2011  12:55 PM)Mushy Wrote: Actually, I've been speculating about Meteo and LDD in Absorb mode recently. Before I move onto that though, I'm going to address the issue at hand. Its been discussed many times before, MLD works best when the rubber comes into contact with the opposition. Setting it on low heights gives it the highest possible chance of that happening, and with 85 things fall apart. IMO, 90 is better but my new concept is based around CH120, so I guess its personal opinion.

Basalt BD145 relies on the Metal on Plastic aspect of BD145 for the most part. Again, for high attackers that skip BD145, the 8 grams is still there, so regardless of such, combinations still hit the infrequent 10%, but Basalt remains a beast. This idea is focused on hitting BD145 Rubber on Plastic (Extra Recoil) with CH120 and using CH145 to knock 230 around. It also reintroduces the ever-elusive "zombie" thing.

ie. LDD Absorb CH120R2F/CS/MF will hit BD145 with rubber correct? And if the weight shoves it back, then MLD will rely on equalizing no? MF in theory has more stamina than CS and MB anyway (right) (I have yet to test MF for stamina, not have i the time to read the threas) Same with 230, MLD has decent enough smash with the rubber to KO 230 on 145 height. Every counter also needs to beat other combos, and MLD CH120 is a good combo overall, and it can beat other attack etc

I never actually thought MLD would beat BD145 by OS, I always thought rubber on plastic would be more violent. Anyway, I'm interested to see how this does against Vulcan, Gravity, MLD, LLD and LDD. I remember Fyuuor saying MLD worked best at 90 height, and had roughly the same smash as LLD, Gravity and Vullcan when the rubber made contact (low heights.) If MLDs metal comes into contact with the rubber on a lower track what would happen. I can't test as I do not have two CH120XF. I would also like to make tests of my own, but my Hell and Basalt are yet to arrive (gosh, i need to keep up with the metagame)
I disagree with Fyuuor about smash, as defense types just bounce/rebound off its rubber parts and we just assume LDrago II is smashing the opponent when its more of a shove or again, bounce. I'll test attackers tomorrow.
and dan please do make a video on how to use xf because your results are ludicrous!
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:45 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Well, in TT Tournaments, its only Attack Vs Attack :V .

No, it is not ?

Hmm, It could be different in Japan :V. I live in Singapore, so maybe the change the rules abit. Haha, Smile.
Just wondering. Are the wins obvious out-spins or very close pain-split out-spins?
Oh, hey. I can't believe I haven't posted about this combo. IT IS AN AMAZING COMBO I WAS having trouble against basalt BD145, but I think that was my launch now, as I seem to be able to outspin it, at least sometimes.

My personal favourite thing, other than this combo's ridiculous versatility, is it's surprisingly passable defensive qualities, due to the shock absorption of LDragoII. The other thing I like is that that rubber can allow the bey to grip the plastic of 230 slightly, rather than just pushing it away softly, it actually affects the spin of 230 beys.

Also, throwing this out there, but my more-used Ldrago II performs noticeably better than my mint one, due to wear of the rubber (slightly more surface area, and also slightly softened rubber)

Also, Very interested to see how this works with LDrago Destroy.
As I did on Bluezee's Thunder Tank thread. Im not going to fill up my Post saying how Great this is, How Fantastic you are.

You know I mean the same as everyone else who Has Posted here Praising you.

Wow. The Dragons really are Back. I though MLD was Dying away a Bit.

But this looks awesome. I still need some Teachings for XF but I have sort of Grasped the Concept of it.

Anyway Thanks alot dan. Ill get around to Testing this.
Uh, Dan? Sorry to be hating on ya, but I'm starting to dislike the use of XF with this combo. Being a tornado staller is what gives it its results, but even then, its a game of pain split really. Since its a tornado staller, and MLD will fall apart without XF, there is no real attack aspect of this custom decreasing my interest in this overall. Something like Bluezee's combo however, actually KOs Basalt BD145 and 230 making it more interesting, IMO. When I thought of it, I thought that the rubber would make for a more violent battle, but now that its nowhere close to achieving a KO, just equalizing on a plastic bottom. However, Bluezee's combo also comes with the added bonus of having more defensive capabilities, BD145 paired with RF... SO yeah, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with Blueezee as the winner, even though your results are near perfect.
Mushy, have you tried it against 230 beys? It KO's them pretty regularly.

This combo can escape attack types KO's, IIRC, it's been a while since I used it that seriously against attack.

I currently prefer this combo, though I don't think it's a competition, as I cannot get the other one to work.
No, I don't have XF as of yet, as I've never purchased any specials. I'm hoping to get it with ATK Perseus from RBV7 sometime soon, so I can test. But if Oki is correct and LDD KOs 230 consistently, and its proven to beat BD then I guess LDD is the blade I'm waiting for. I don't find enlightenment in using a stamina type, atleast in my eyes, this cobo is a stamina type.
Welp, I can't beat BD with Lightning Tank. Dunno why, but I get 0%. Maybe 1-5% for random KO's.
But yeah, I'm working on something with GP (ATK) and XF right now, just one problem with it to sort out.
(Apr. 23, 2011  10:33 AM)Mushy Wrote: Uh, Dan? Sorry to be hating on ya, but I'm starting to dislike the use of XF with this combo. Being a tornado staller is what gives it its results, but even then, its a game of pain split really. Since its a tornado staller, and MLD will fall apart without XF, there is no real attack aspect of this custom decreasing my interest in this overall. Something like Bluezee's combo however, actually KOs Basalt BD145 and 230 making it more interesting, IMO. When I thought of it, I thought that the rubber would make for a more violent battle, but now that its nowhere close to achieving a KO, just equalizing on a plastic bottom. However, Bluezee's combo also comes with the added bonus of having more defensive capabilities, BD145 paired with RF... SO yeah, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with Blueezee as the winner, even though your results are near perfect.

I would like to note that our threads essentially co-exist. They are sister threads and combos with two different concepts. We are working together on this. Honestly, Dan's combo is much safer because if you do not have a proper sliding shoot with the tank, you could easily self-ko with the tank and/or not making a strong impact to knock out anything at all although it can do it late it the round. The Lightning Tank is for Defense,Attack,and minor SpinSteal. Dan's combo is for Attack, Maximum Spin Stealing, Destabilization, and in a sense, stamina because if he wanted to, he could tornado stall the whole match and win at the end. It also has been noted that it has really good defense so with that said, his is safer. Mine is just more destructive and for the blader that wants to win with brute force and power left to spare at the end for a late KO. Dan's is for the more skilled blader that can control XF and enjoys watching another blade fall after it is subjected to being a sitting duck. You also do not have to suffer from high recoil with his although the tank really doesnt suffer from that, just thought it should be noted.
Yeah, Mushy that is pretty juvenile. This is not a competition between Bluezee and I. I honestly don't care if you don't like my combo, the reason is obvious; you do not know how to use it. XF is completely malleable to me now, I can make it do quite a bit of things -of course not all perfect, I don't want to sound like some elitist, but I don't lie.- Once you learn how to use XF, you will enjoy this combination. You want a more aggressive approach? Use MF-F/H Lightning LDrago CH120XF, it is actually very fun to use and it definitely KO's

Oh yeah, don't forget that coincidentally, Bluezee and I came up with the very same combo around the same time.. (LLDBD145)

Edit: Added Left-spin attackers. DAMN that was hard. I had to practice launching beforehand to know what to do to not be utterly incinerated. Oh technique, how you do me.