World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - Final Hours! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - Final Hours! (/Thread-Formula-Bei-SILVER-SHELL-KICKSTARTER-Final-Hours)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (80%) - New Pledges? - TheGalaxyHeart - Feb. 18, 2018

https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-02-2227-Rubber-8-Inch-Washer/dp/B002H3BGB0
maybe using something like this to create a unite-ish kind of tip?

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/rubber-bolt-cap-13421501748.html
or maybe this for a rf tip?

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (80%) - New Pledges? - K1D - Feb. 18, 2018

(Feb. 18, 2018  6:50 PM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-02-2227-Rubber-8-Inch-Washer/dp/B002H3BGB0

That'd be cool, however with the weight is shells the effect is a mystery, it might not work, it might work too well

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (80%) - New Pledges? - TheGalaxyHeart - Feb. 18, 2018

(Feb. 18, 2018  6:52 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2018  6:50 PM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-02-2227-Rubber-8-Inch-Washer/dp/B002H3BGB0

That'd be cool, however with the weight is shells the effect is a mystery, it might not work, it might work too well

The only problem I see with the shells at the moment is that the tips are too similar so the movement pattern is too similar. The appeal of beyblade is not only design but the customizability and how each bey acts differently with a different combination of parts you know? All the battles seem very stale so far despite the cool designs.

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - Beylon - Feb. 19, 2018

[Image: lXvw2Sg.jpg]

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - K1D - Feb. 19, 2018

(Feb. 19, 2018  3:02 AM)Beylon Wrote:
[Image: lXvw2Sg.jpg]

Me when I saw the title change from 80% funded to 100: NANI
Also happy "day when this Kickstarter got fully funded day" everyone.
LET'S CELEBRATE

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - KnightPro - Feb. 19, 2018

I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS POST NO JOKE

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - K1D - Feb. 19, 2018

LET'S CELEBRATE WITH OUR FAVORITE AGE APPROPRIATE BEVERAGES OF OUR OWN CHOOSING

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - Beylon - Feb. 19, 2018

Ha! Okay everyone, we're over the line! And best of all, the latest funds actually came from here, the WBO community! You know who you are - my most heartfelt thanks for your support.

More good news! Rather than quoting all the excellent posts over the past 24 hours asking for more spin tips, I figured I'd just repost this image from the latest Silver Shell Kickstarter update:

[Image: D7CoPgi.png]

Everyone's getting 2 tips with their shells now!
Read the details here: (Click to View)

What now?

Okay, now that we're funded, I can start organising all the little extras we've been discussing these past few days. We're talking upgrade kits, limited editions recolours and all that jazz. These expansions are dependent on the extra funds we raise now that we've hit 100% --- so the more funds we raise now, the further we can expand the Silver Shell universe.

Thank you all again for your ongoing support!

(Feb. 19, 2018  3:34 AM)Beylon Wrote: Ha! Okay everyone, we're over the line! And best of all, the latest funds actually came from here, the WBO community! You know who you are - my most heartfelt thanks for your support.

More good news! Rather than quoting all the excellent posts over the past 24 hours asking for more spin tips, I figured I'd just repost this image from the latest Silver Shell Kickstarter update:

[Image: D7CoPgi.png]

Everyone's getting 2 tips with their shells now!
Read the details here: (Click to View)

What now?

Okay, now that we're funded, I can start organising all the little extras we've been discussing these past few days. We're talking upgrade kits, limited editions recolours and all that jazz. These expansions are dependent on the extra funds we raise now that we've hit 100% --- so the more funds we raise now, the further we can expand the Silver Shell universe.

Thank you all again for your ongoing support!

Do you know what size the screws and such are?

(Feb. 19, 2018  5:04 AM)K1D Wrote: Do you know what size the screws and such are?

Yessir! I've just been keeping it secret in case the pirates are watching. That's the problem with trying to make money out of what is essentially open-source gear. Rest assured the sizes are universal, so if you take your shells to a hardware store, they'll show you what you need. I'm confident the tips I'm offering are second to none (just need to work out the kinks in the nylon version) but if you have your heart set on anodised aluminium or titanium or whatever, it'd be easy enough for you to work it out locally. Stainless steel is only the beginning!

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - Koopa troopa - Feb. 19, 2018

Theese are cool

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - Flame-Tiger - Feb. 19, 2018

(Feb. 19, 2018  5:40 AM)Beylon Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2018  5:04 AM)K1D Wrote: Do you know what size the screws and such are?

Yessir! I've just been keeping it secret in case the pirates are watching. That's the problem with trying to make money out of what is essentially open-source gear. Rest assured the sizes are universal, so if you take your shells to a hardware store, they'll show you what you need. I'm confident the tips I'm offering are second to none (just need to work out the kinks in the nylon version) but if you have your heart set on anodised aluminium or titanium or whatever, it'd be easy enough for you to work it out locally. Stainless steel is only the beginning!

Impressive, I know this awesome project will be open source! Are you planning on uploading these on Github under an open license that allows not just copying/sharing, but also remixing and commercial (making money) as well, like the GNU GPL, MIT license, Creative Commons Attribution/Attribution-Share Alike, etc.

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (80%) - New Pledges? - model850 - Feb. 19, 2018

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/rubber-bolt-cap-13421501748.html
or maybe this for a rf tip?

Nut cap is not a bad idea at all. They come in all shapes and materials. 

While researching I came across this interesting nut design ( proppeler nut cap ) that comes in 5 mm (M5) and 6 mm (M6) bolt diameters (possibly even in smaller ones). Could be suitable for endurance/zombie combinations. :P

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - LordL0Ls - Feb. 19, 2018

Even though I can't donate, I will still support Silver Shell

(Feb. 19, 2018  12:10 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Even though I can't donate, I will still support Silver Shell

Is da wae dead to you?

Hey beylon, I've seen the a1 customs on your channel, for the dragon shell custom can you make one that looks like dragoon G please?

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - LordL0Ls - Feb. 19, 2018

(Feb. 19, 2018  5:18 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2018  12:10 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Even though I can't donate, I will still support Silver Shell

Is da wae dead to you?

Hey beylon, I've seen the a1 customs on your channel, for the dragon shell custom can you make one that looks like dragoon G please?

Da wae is dead, like all the other memes touched by a certain normie.

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - model850 - Feb. 19, 2018

I've been thinking about color possibilites and came to the next idea that could be "easely" implemented. Basically since "attack layer" can be modified (reshaped) to make it a new shell design why not make it change colors also. To achieve this all the parts should be two tone designs (one color on each parts surface). So by flipping parts color changes since when fighting shells are only seen from above.

Colors could be complementary but combination of darker and lighter tones could also work nicely. Smile

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - extras unlocked! - Beylon - Feb. 20, 2018

(Feb. 19, 2018  5:18 PM)K1D Wrote: Hey beylon, I've seen the a1 customs on your channel, for the dragon shell custom can you make one that looks like dragoon G please?

Yes!

(Feb. 19, 2018  10:07 AM)model850 Wrote: While researching I came across this interesting nut design ( proppeler nut cap ) that comes in 5 mm (M5) and 6 mm (M6) bolt diameters (possibly even in smaller ones). Could be suitable for endurance/zombie combinations. :P

Maybe we should start compiling a central list of compatible parts people find around the internet?

(Feb. 19, 2018  6:19 PM)model850 Wrote: I've been thinking about color possibilites and came to the next idea that could be "easely" implemented. Basically since "attack layer" can be modified (reshaped) to make it a new shell design why not make it change colors also. To achieve this all the parts should be two tone designs (one color on each parts surface). So by flipping parts color changes since when fighting shells are only seen from above. Colors could be complementary but combination of darker and lighter tones could also work nicely. :)

Nice! I'll be playing around with colours over the next few days (it really needs to stop raining here first though!) so I'll at least give this a try.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, another video review! Thanks to the delectable ilinnuc:

Cannot begin to describe how much I appreciate the YouTube community coming together on this, you guys are all awesome! And special thanks to the local peeps who helped tee this up - you know who you are!

You can see in this video how each hit inflicted REALLY matters. The direction of the approach, the angle of the hit, the rotational velocity... Everything combines to land the winning blow - and all of it is controlled by the players, their launch and their unique customs.

If anyone else wants to see custom battles, get in on the comments for these videos on youtube! And don't forget the Kickstarter is still live - it's not too late to get your friends involved!

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - NEW reviews! - TrainiacJ - Feb. 20, 2018

One of the best parts of Silver Shell is the way each top can be customized with itself, so how would names for each of the officially listed combinations sound? Here's some of the name I've pitched;

Anyone else have any suggestions? Here's the image Beylon made of some of the customizations for the first Kickstarter page for reference:

[Image: wHmygYE.png]

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - NEW reviews! - TheGalaxyHeart - Feb. 20, 2018

I think one of the elements missing from the beyblade line is that any modifications are banned. If warshell tournaments encourages you to fully customize your shells with your own parts and create a top that is not like any other I think that would be really cool

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - NEW reviews! - Beylon - Feb. 20, 2018

(Feb. 20, 2018  1:59 AM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: I think one of the elements missing from the beyblade line is that any modifications are banned. If warshell tournaments encourages you to fully customize your shells with your own parts and create a top that is not like any other I think that would be really cool

Exactly! The traditional beigoma of Japan (which Beyblade is based on) were originally crafted from scratch out of found seashells. Even when they were eventually cast out of iron during the Meiji period and sold in stores (when the Victorian era English finally got into Japan), players still modified their cast beigoma with different tips and their own personal "bit beast" designs. Beigoma also uses exclusively homemade stadiums - and you'll find all this still happens in Japan even today!

Silver Shell is the gateway to a universe of performance-driven components for designing and building your own modern fighting shells. But you are absolutely free to add your own awesome mods. That in itself is a very traditional idea, brought into the modern age of technology in a way I think Beyblade hasn't really attempted since the end of MFB.

Thank you so much! Your support is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty curious to know what stops you from pledging - because we're approaching ONE WEEK LEFT and there's still time for me to tweak the campaign to make it easier for you to participate directly. Let us all know what you think could change that for you.

Also, further to Trainiacj, I thought I'd upload some of the original custom shell art. If we can figure out some names for these customs, I might update my Youtube videos to suit, yes? Some of these you'll have seen in the videos already:

[Image: sUV0fqK.png]

[Image: lh5WKfO.png]

[Image: bzKXGPs.png]

Yes, you can make all these different customs with the shells in the Kickstarter. Cool, yes?

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER (100%) - NEW reviews! - Beylon - Feb. 21, 2018

I know what you're thinking...

7 DAYS LEFT!
Time for some new pledge options!

Available now on Kickstarter, the Metal Upgrade Core is my attempt at creating a lower-tier pledge which isn't completely useless. It's a selection of parts from the existing Silver Shell range:

• 1 core (with performance tip)
  • 2 gear plates (to adjust height)
  • 1 barrel plate (from the Power Unit)

[Image: 6L7fYuR.png]

Existing backers already have these parts - you don't need to pledge again!
But if you want one anyway, you can select it as an "add-on" by adding just AU$9 to your existing pledge.

--- Here's how they work ---

Yes, you can put these parts together and launch them with your normal Power Unit as a mini-shell. So yes, you actually get a functional spinning top here - even though it's meant for upgrading your existing fighting top collection.

Everyone whose been put off by the price... NOW IS YOUR TIME! We have 7 days left in the campaign, so jump in and be a part of the Silver Shell revolution! With the new Chouzetsu Series just announced, there's never been a better time to embrace the future of METAL.

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - 7 days left! NEW METAL UPGRADE CORE! - Beylon - Feb. 22, 2018

Here's a Raptor painted with a two-tone luminescence paint. If you look at it one way, it's metallic purple, but it you look at it from another angle, it's metallic green. The paint is from Tamiya. Unfortunately the green just looks like the usual gunmetal when I take a photo. Not sure why my camera won't register metallic green... Anyway, I figure by the naming scheme invented by TrainiacJ, this recolour should be called "Flamingo" right?

[Image: SIb8Nv2.png]

If you haven't already, don't forget to visit the Kickstarter.

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - 7 days left! NEW METAL UPGRADE CORE! - model850 - Feb. 22, 2018

Not bad for a first try. Definitely adds some character to the shell. :D

I personally love combination of black/purple but even if it's green I wouldn't mind it. Could you make some gif animation or video so we could see that green "reflection" and possibly show us differenet variations of the "attack layer" rearrangements? :)

RE: [Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - 7 days left! NEW METAL UPGRADE CORE! - Beylon - Feb. 23, 2018

(Feb. 22, 2018  9:23 AM)model850 Wrote: Could you make some gif animation or video so we could see that green "reflection" and possibly show us differenet variations of the "attack layer" rearrangements? Smile

Oh man, flat out today. But here's a horridly rushed GIF for starters. My camera really doesn't register the green... Like it's white or something? Overloading the sensor? But you get the idea:

Remember this is just a TEST using my personal beat-up shell collection - it is in no way indicative of the final thing. Just wanted to prove I'm looking into it.