World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? (/Thread-Los-Angeles-CA-Another-Tourney-in-LA)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 02, 2011

(Nov. 02, 2011  5:36 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  5:27 AM)HellKaiserZero Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  5:13 AM)paulie Wrote: We are really going for Griffith Park. We found a very nice location with free parking, plenty of shade, along with grass and tables. We are trying to shoot for December to have a big turnout. The prizes will be very good too.

Agreed, I know the area very well and the exact location Paulie is talking about and the area is perfect. (and cleaner)

Ahh man Unhappy oh well. I understand its for the best. Wish me luck trying to convince my parents Smile

I hope they understand. It's been a while since you have been in one of our tournaments.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - HellKaiserZero - Nov. 02, 2011

(Nov. 02, 2011  9:46 PM)paulie Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  5:36 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  5:27 AM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: Agreed, I know the area very well and the exact location Paulie is talking about and the area is perfect. (and cleaner)

Ahh man Unhappy oh well. I understand its for the best. Wish me luck trying to convince my parents Smile

I hope they understand. It's been a while since you have been in one of our tournaments.

Agreed, maybe the excuse of it being the last LA tourney of the year will help. (that and there are no hobos in Griffith Park and it's much cleaner)

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - blitzydaunicorn - Nov. 03, 2011

Ya thanks for the advice Smile Im pretty sure many people want to test their skill against blitz Wink (that thing has sooo much recoil)

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 03, 2011

Plus, free parking Joyful_3

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 07, 2011

Kyubibey, I saw you put the event proposal. I hope it gets approved soon so we can promote the tournament early on and get a lot of people for it.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 08, 2011

Hopefully it gets approved soon, I want to promote it and get a lot of people to join the wbo and attend. It'll be awesome

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - burnleone4260 - Nov. 09, 2011

hey want to fight some time[/i][/code][/align][/font][/size]

;P

Levi[i]

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 10, 2011

Are you in california?
(Nov. 09, 2011  11:17 PM)burnleone4260 Wrote: hey want to fight some time[/i][/code][/align][/font][/size]

Tongue_out_wink

Levi[i]

That would be cool. If you live in California, we are trying to get a tournament approved for December 18. We could battle there. Try and spread the word too, we are trying to get more people to join.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - HellKaiserZero - Nov. 10, 2011

I can't wait for the Dec 18th one! The location is perfect for play. We might need to plan the time and things because the sun starts to set around 5-ish and if it gets too dark, we will not know who wins. XP Hopefully I can make the one at Torrance if it get's approved. I want my revenge and take back my title Paulie!

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - KyubiBey - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  3:42 AM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: I can't wait for the Dec 18th one! The location is perfect for play. We might need to plan the time and things because the sun starts to set around 5-ish and if it gets too dark, we will not know who wins. XP Hopefully I can make the one at Torrance if it get's approved. I want my revenge and take back my title Paule!

Carp! Thanks HKZ for reminding me about the sun setting. Paulie and I just talked, and we thought of a thing to do to make it faster.
(Nov. 09, 2011  11:17 PM)burnleone4260 Wrote: hey want to fight some time[/i][/code][/align][/font][/size]

Tongue_out_wink

Levi[i]

Chief - Disappointed ... Uhh, what? jk Tongue_out_wink Well, make sure you sign up here once I post the details soon. Everyone I bet will be wowed at the prizes, especially first and third. The more, the merrier!

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - blitzydaunicorn - Nov. 10, 2011

Im up for HKZs tournament Smile and how come the posts keep being deleted

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - KyubiBey - Nov. 10, 2011

Here's the details of the 12/18/11 Tourney. Thanks Paulie!

HKZ and Paulie are co-hosting this tournament. We hope for at least 30+ participants.

Super Bey Battle: Holiday Bash

When? : December 18, 2011. 11:30am - around 5pm

Where? : Griffith Park.

-We will be in the Grass/Park area next to the entrance of "Live Steamers". You can't miss us, if you find "Live Steamers" you will see us, it's highly visible where we are located. There is plenty of free parking nearby. Here is the address for "Live Steamers":

5202 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, California 90027

How Much?: $5 Entrance fee OR FREE with Passport (Passport is online for $10)

YOU MUST BE SIGNED UP WITH WBO TO PARTICIPATE

Prizes:

1st place: BB-117 Strongest Blader Set
2nd place: Max Stampede Stadium Set
3rd place: BB-118 Phantom Orion

Judges: Paulie, HKZ, KyubiBey, megadragoonms

Format: Block Round Robin/ Double Elimination (Depending on how many show up)

Currently we have 3 BB-10 stadiums

Make sure everyone who has a BB-10 or any other applicable stadiums, BRING THEM. The more we have, the more we can get done! I hope we can have over 6, 3-6 for tournament battle, 3 for free play.

Attendees:

Kyubibey (Host)
Paulie
Martiis
HellKaiserZero
Davachu
Dezik
Sylvia07
Aurawolf
Goliath
ForginGeorge
megadragoonms

Possible:

Andrew.N

This is the big tournament we were talking about since summer, so if you were looking for an awesome tournament before year's end, this would be it!!

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - howdodelete - Nov. 10, 2011

MEMEMEMEMEME!
I AM SO F*CKING IN. MEH NEED A PHANTOM ORION.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - Andrew.N - Nov. 10, 2011

put me as maybe

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - Davachu - Nov. 10, 2011

I want that BB-117 Strongest Blader Set

I got 4th last tourney, I'm going all teh way next time >:3

[Image: Pikachu.gif]

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  6:08 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: Here's the details of the 12/18/11 Tourney. Thanks Paulie!

HKZ and Paulie are co-hosting this tournament. We hope for at least 30+ participants.

Super Bey Battle: Holiday Bash

When? : December 18, 2011. 11:30am - around 5pm

Where? : Griffith Park.

-We will be in the Grass/Park area next to the entrance of "Live Steamers". You can't miss us, if you find "Live Steamers" you will see us, it's highly visible where we are located. There is plenty of free parking nearby. Here is the address for "Live Steamers":

5202 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, California 90027

How Much?: $5 Entrance fee OR FREE with Passport (Passport is online for $10)

YOU MUST BE SIGNED UP WITH WBO TO PARTICIPATE

Prizes:

1st place: BB-117 Strongest Blader Set
2nd place: Max Stampede Stadium Set
3rd place: BB-118 Phantom Orion

Judges: Paulie, HKZ, Kyubibey

Format: Block Round Robin/ Double Elimination (Depending on how many show up)

Currently we have 3 BB-10 stadiums

Make sure everyone who has a BB-10 or any other applicable stadiums, BRING THEM. The more we have, the more we can get done! I hope we can have over 6, 3-6 for tournament battle, 3 for free play.

Attendees:

Kyubibey (Host)
Paulie
Martiis
HellKaiserZero
Davachu
Dezik
Sylvia07
Aurawolf

This is the big tournament we were talking about since summer, so if you were looking for an awesome tournament before year's end, this would be it!!

Yeah, thats what the event proposal is so far. just waiting for approval. Keep in mind everyone this IS the proposal, still waitin for Kai-V's approval. It should be really awesome if it gets approved. I hope it does. I want to get a lot of people and expand the community a bit more.
Yeah, we have to show signs of life if we are to get approved lol. Looks like more people want in, just hope this gets approved soon.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - HellKaiserZero - Nov. 11, 2011

Omg I cannot wait for this event!!! It's going to be so epic!!!

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - ForginGeorge - Nov. 12, 2011

Sign me up Grin

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 14, 2011

whats the word? anything needed for approval? we got a good amount of people, also we are prepared if people just decide to leave in the middle of the event.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - lovenoah - Nov. 16, 2011

Hi, i wanted to know if their is an age restriction for this event? i have a five year old autistic son who is very obsessed with bey blades. he has been begging me for a long time to find a tournament and today i told him i would try, i finally looked online to see if it was a possible thing and found this site. It would be OK if he didn't get to be a part of the real tournament and i could buy a prize for him to be given if there would be a way to pretend he has won like runner up or best try i know its a lot to ask but he doesn't feel connected to much in life and this is one thing he truly loves so i have to try for him. Even if that's not possible can he be a part of the event somehow? he is high functioning and should not be disruptive to the event, let me know thanks.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - Kai-V - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  12:26 PM)lovenoah Wrote: Hi, i wanted to know if their is an age restriction for this event? i have a five year old autistic son who is very obsessed with bey blades. he has been begging me for a long time to find a tournament and today i told him i would try, i finally looked online to see if it was a possible thing and found this site. It would be OK if he didn't get to be a part of the real tournament and i could buy a prize for him to be given if there would be a way to pretend he has won like runner up or best try i know its a lot to ask but he doesn't feel connected to much in life and this is one thing he truly loves so i have to try for him. Even if that's not possible can he be a part of the event somehow? he is high functioning and should not be disruptive to the event, let me know thanks.

Hello,

The beauty of this organisation is that we have no age limit, and we have a lot of events.

Even if, in a way, it could be seen as unfair that an adult could get to battle a much younger Blader, we have had some really good three-, four-, and five-year-old participants in our previous tournaments.

As for being disruptive, I trust that as long as you are there with him there will not be any problems.

I hope you two will truly enjoy the tournament.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - Hazel - Nov. 16, 2011

The WBO - and thereby WBO-hosted functions - does not have age restrictions. In these special circumstances, as long as you keep a close eye on him, I cannot see any reason it would be ill-advised.

EDIT: ...hello, Kai-V.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  12:26 PM)lovenoah Wrote: Hi, i wanted to know if their is an age restriction for this event? i have a five year old autistic son who is very obsessed with bey blades. he has been begging me for a long time to find a tournament and today i told him i would try, i finally looked online to see if it was a possible thing and found this site. It would be OK if he didn't get to be a part of the real tournament and i could buy a prize for him to be given if there would be a way to pretend he has won like runner up or best try i know its a lot to ask but he doesn't feel connected to much in life and this is one thing he truly loves so i have to try for him. Even if that's not possible can he be a part of the event somehow? he is high functioning and should not be disruptive to the event, let me know thanks.

There is no age restriction and anyone is welcome.
I'm sure he will have a good time.

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - lovenoah - Nov. 17, 2011

ok then i look forward to taking my son thanks

RE: [Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA? - poliswag - Nov. 22, 2011

Hey everyone, the tournament for December 18 in Griffith Park was approved. Here is the link:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-12-18-11-Los-Angeles-CA-Super-Bey-Battle-Holiday-Bash--43686