World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: Europe (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Europe)
+---- Thread: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? (/Thread-South-West-England-Dorset-Anyone-here)

South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - AliMac16 - Apr. 15, 2021

I used to play back during the original generation (I'm talking pre-magnacore era), but haven't played much since then. Recently dug the old plastics out of the cupboard for my niece and nephew to use and figured I'd have a look online to see if anything was still happening, was honestly surprised to see that beyblade still seems to have a decent following!

So is there anyone based in South West England still blading that would be willing to bring me up to speed? Or have all the older generation grown up and moved on?

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - RazzorC92 - Apr. 18, 2021

No they are still alot of us around we have a small team with bladers around the UK

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - AliMac16 - Apr. 20, 2021

Good to hear! I'm guessing we're a bit spread out, unfortunately. If there's no one in the local area, it's probably not worth my time/money buying back in for the sake of the occasional long-distance match/tournament, so I guess I'll have to consider myself retired Unhappy
Maybe once the covid situation is past I'll visit some of the UK events as a spectator!

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - RazzorC92 - Apr. 24, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  10:57 AM)AliMac16 Wrote: Good to hear! I'm guessing we're a bit spread out, unfortunately. If there's no one in the local area, it's probably not worth my time/money buying back in for the sake of the occasional long-distance match/tournament, so I guess I'll have to consider myself retired Unhappy
Maybe once the covid situation is past I'll visit some of the UK events as a spectator!

Yea but most of us travel also you will find bladers in your local community the best thing to do is get back into it to see if its for you still as some people only want the beys to feel what they had when they was young and no intention to actually compete in tournaments what is fine so you can just buy them for collection purposes my dude

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - ~Mana~ - Apr. 24, 2021

Yeah, unfortunately we're all very spread out throughout the UK. The hotspot that we all tend to meet is in London as the majority of attendees are local there, but there are a good deal that aren't (I live in Somerset for example, just outside of Bristol, so I commute to London when hosting).

Would be fantastic to get scenes set up in different parts of the country too, just need the interest. I'd be happy to travel around and help kickstart various scenes if the interest was there, haha.

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - raybun606 - Jul. 25, 2021

(Apr. 15, 2021  6:03 PM)AliMac16 Wrote: I used to play back during the original generation (I'm talking pre-magnacore era), but haven't played much since then. Recently dug the old plastics out of the cupboard for my niece and nephew to use and figured I'd have a look online to see if anything was still happening, was honestly surprised to see that beyblade still seems to have a decent following!

So is there anyone based in South West England still blading that would be willing to bring me up to speed? Or have all the older generation grown up and moved on?
I'm a bit too young to have grown up with plastic generation myself, but I did have some of them as hand me downs myself, I'm usually in the west midlands area myself when im studying, but for the summer I move up north. I'd be happy to teach you a lot of what's changed since way back then, over the internet at the very least, this forums full of really useful resources, especially on burst which is going on 6 years old and is mainly what people are playing with these days.

It's split into 3 main formats, burst classic which uses the first couple years of burst stuff, burst limited, which uses the generation or two after that, and then you have regular burst which basically allows everything up to the newest releases, if you're new to the game again, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to get back in with burst classic so you can see how this generation of beylade has kind of lead up to where it is now, plus if you're in the UK, there are lots of people on ebay who have old hasbro stock that can be used in burst classic. 

I'd do a bit of research into that if I where you, and be careful not to buy bootlegs online, it's pretty easy too on ebay and the like, however if you're buying hasbro stuff, they don't really make fakes of those so you can rest safely if you see people selling stuff in that original packaging, I'd recommend maqio toys if you want to use something outside of ebay, or just looking for old hasbro burst stock on ebay, there are a few sellers I've bought from there with good stuff.

Good luck!

RE: South West England (Dorset) Anyone here? - calum - Jun. 13, 2022

(Apr. 15, 2021  6:03 PM)AliMac16 Wrote: I used to play back during the original generation (I'm talking pre-magnacore era), but haven't played much since then. Recently dug the old plastics out of the cupboard for my niece and nephew to use and figured I'd have a look online to see if anything was still happening, was honestly surprised to see that beyblade still seems to have a decent following!

hi im not quite sure how close i am to dorset but im in paignton deven