World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 (/Thread-Product-B-178-Random-Booster-Vol-24)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Needforspeed - Feb. 14, 2021

Imperial, glide and Variant is probably the prettiest pulls in this RB all three of these is better than their lotto counter parts.For the rest it's looks fine nothing too big except that master diabolos recolor looks pretty plain ik master doesn't have much detail but imo couldve been better this one is probably wose than the lotto counterpart and also imo Super hyperion is pretty ugly with that green on it. Overall good layer choices but average parts 8/10.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - KinkoUsagi - Feb. 14, 2021

Sad about no colour discs but I really like this Random Booster outside of the no new release (which is the laziest of lazy cheap).

First Uranus.00.MA 1D: It's nice but the Beyblade I'm least looking forward to from this. Kind of basic, to be honest. The parts it comes with are mostly boring, too. What a lacklustre prize.
King Helios.S 1B: Helios isn't my favourite of the Sparking series and I usually hate gold Beyblades, but the gold Chassis is awesome. It's also a surprisingly clean looking Beyblade. The metallic rose/bronze gold really makes it pop. Gold 1B makes me happy and if the Survive is gold, I'm happy, as well.
Glide Ragnaruk.5.T 1S: Ragnaruk is perfect. Gorgeous Beyblade and might be better than the G4 release? (Both are perfect). I like Trans, too. Hope the colour isn't ugly.
Super Hyperion.Qc 1A: Hyperion is also ridiculously nice. The green is random but I kind of like it? Black chassis makes me love it even more. Regular Quick is hilarious, too.
Variant Lucifer.O 2D: Lucifer is also ridiculously nice. The rose gold/bronze colour just really gives it an extra dimension. The stickers are pretty and the gold chassis is perfect. The green eyes are kind of stupid, though. Oh, and Orbit should've been Atomic. Gold Atomic would've been amazing.
Imperial Dragon(2).7.Et: Hilariously enough, this Black Imperial Dragon is nicer than the rare release. Like the parts, too.
Master Diabolos(2).0.Z: I really appreciate them releasing a black version of Master Diabolos. I really like it, even if it's not as nice as the Lottery version. Zephr is stupid, though.
Revive Phoenix.4.MD: Gold Revive Phoenix is perfection EXCEPT for the unpainted metal. They painted most of it, too. I don't understand why they skipped the inner metal. Oh, well. If MD is gold, I'll be happy.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - God Dragruler - Feb. 14, 2021

those recolourse looks very good though not a bad buy

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - JoMario67 - Feb. 15, 2021

Guess First Uranus is the main Prize Bey of this random booster, since it's the only one with a flyer (or they just picked a random one):
[Image: bey_b178.jpg]
Metal Accel and Metal Defense:
[Image: b178_01_d.png]
[Image: b178_02_d.png]
Black recolor of First:
[Image: b178_01_r.png]
So for the Metal drivers (with Metal as the word before the driver name, not after), they're Dash Drivers with a Metal Cap according to the description.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - DeltaZakuro - Feb. 15, 2021

Dash Drivers with a metal cap? RIP Layer/Chassis teeth

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - BladerGem - Feb. 15, 2021

(Feb. 15, 2021  6:20 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Dash Drivers with a metal cap? RIP Layer/Chassis teeth

Dear god, that's Lovecraftian! Are we absolutely sure that Season 6 is still part of "Burst"?

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - BeybladeManiac0 - Feb. 15, 2021

Some of these recolours look SICK! Especially Hyperion and Lucifer. I'll try to get some of these when they're released!

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - MagikHorse - Feb. 16, 2021

(Feb. 15, 2021  6:59 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2021  6:20 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Dash Drivers with a metal cap? RIP Layer/Chassis teeth

Dear god, that's Lovecraftian! Are we absolutely sure that Season 6 is still part of "Burst"?

Given that it's been seen, yes.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - BladerGem - Feb. 16, 2021

(Feb. 16, 2021  12:53 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2021  6:59 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Dear god, that's Lovecraftian! Are we absolutely sure that Season 6 is still part of "Burst"?

Given that it's been seen, yes.

It was a rhetorical question, considering how much TT has added to prevent bursting.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Mexicantwix - Feb. 16, 2021

The most disappointing thing is no dash drivers and the metal drivers plus the combos, The layers in general are good but the parts are bad and Accel and Defense are cringe with the metal, the best pull has to be Hyperion I would give the booster a 6/10 cause in general it's not a great booster

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Zeutron - Feb. 16, 2021

They really thought they could combine the dash and metal driver concepts and they probably could have if they did it the old fashioned way, the caps didn’t have to be metal. I still like the random booster though.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Needforspeed - Feb. 16, 2021

[Image: image0.jpg]
Uranus Chip.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Harshmello249 - Feb. 16, 2021

Yea i like the colours but the parts....meh

Normal quick sucks
Metal drivers--cause teeth wear so....

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - BurstMaster - Feb. 16, 2021

Even if the metal drivers don't cause teeth wear, it just seems a bit lazy to me, but I'm not a company, so they could have done it for alot of reasons

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - MagikHorse - Feb. 17, 2021

(Feb. 16, 2021  7:23 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Even if the metal drivers don't cause teeth wear, it just seems a bit lazy to me, but I'm not a company, so they could have done it for alot of reasons

I'm pretty sure it's all to avoid making new molds. The only real ways to add extra weight like this is either to imitate Hasbro's Speedstorm drivers (which would require new molds and driver redesigns to accomplish) or to replace a full molded piece with metal. Of the pieces that aren't huge the driver cap is probably the easiest to just swap out instead of trying to find a way to connect a metal top half to a plastic bottom half which might itself not work cleanly.

If you pay attention to their designs this also seems to be the same idea behind High drivers. They can be produced with the exact same molds as the standard variant of the driver, just with a spacer attached. It's far easier to just produce a spacer piece for them than it is to design a new taller driver mold, and it leaves you with the flexibility to potentially do it to any driver you want. Metal prefix drivers are the same, you could reasonably do it to anything without needing to make any more molds short of one for the metal cap just as they did with the High driver spacers. It's only one more molded piece, and a relatively small one at that, so development costs remain low for the swap.

Sometimes the best way to accomplish your goal is to do things the "lazy way" to reduce up-front costs and keep your systems efficient. We don't need to redesign the wheel here, so why overcomplicate it when there's a far simpler way?

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - Alta - Feb. 17, 2021

I can't wait for volume 30 when they finally recolor Rage.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - g2_ - Feb. 17, 2021

Honestly, instead of metal, it should have been rubber.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - NoNotYou - Feb. 17, 2021

(Feb. 17, 2021  11:11 AM)g2_ Wrote: Honestly, instead of metal, it should have been rubber.

Well that sounds like it would just wear the driver.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - g2_ - Feb. 17, 2021

(Feb. 17, 2021  2:40 PM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  11:11 AM)g2_ Wrote: Honestly, instead of metal, it should have been rubber.

Well that sounds like it would just wear the driver.
Well, it's better than Metal.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - GrinAndBarrett - Feb. 18, 2021

They're up for pre-order on Mall of Toys for those that buy from there. Just ordered 4, pretty hyped!

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - MagikHorse - Feb. 18, 2021

(Feb. 17, 2021  3:03 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  2:40 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Well that sounds like it would just wear the driver.
Well, it's better than Metal.

Well, there's still only theories that say that it'll cause layer wear, no actual proof to this. The whole point is clearly to add weight, which rubber won't do as effectively anyways.

(Feb. 17, 2021  10:17 AM)Alta Wrote: I can't wait for volume 30 when they finally recolor Rage.

And Brave, and Mirage, and... well, you get the idea.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - g2_ - Feb. 18, 2021

(Feb. 18, 2021  6:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  3:03 PM)g2_ Wrote: Well, it's better than Metal.

Well, there's still only theories that say that it'll cause layer wear, no actual proof to this. The whole point is clearly to add weight, which rubber won't do as effectively anyways.
Oh, I thought the purpose is to enhance burst resistance. Besides weight was never a problem with Sparking beys.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - MagikHorse - Feb. 18, 2021

(Feb. 18, 2021  7:40 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2021  6:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Well, there's still only theories that say that it'll cause layer wear, no actual proof to this. The whole point is clearly to add weight, which rubber won't do as effectively anyways.
Oh, I thought the purpose is to enhance burst resistance. Besides weight was never a problem with Sparking beys.

Given that their springs will have to deal with the added weight of the metal I don't think it's going to aid burst resistance by much, even if their springs are stronger than a ' driver. Besides, if more burst resistance was the goal why not just find a different name for it instead of making the focus the metal and not the spring?

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - g2_ - Feb. 18, 2021

(Feb. 18, 2021  8:11 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2021  7:40 AM)g2_ Wrote: Oh, I thought the purpose is to enhance burst resistance. Besides weight was never a problem with Sparking beys.

Given that their springs will have to deal with the added weight of the metal I don't think it's going to aid burst resistance by much, even if their springs are stronger than a ' driver. Besides, if more burst resistance was the goal why not just find a different name for it instead of making the focus the metal and not the spring?
Yeah, for a moment I thought the metal drivers would be like Yard Metal, or Orbit Metal.

RE: B-178 Random Booster Vol. 24 - CrazyAries - Feb. 18, 2021

Before we talk about whether the Metal Driver system works or if it has any side-effects... isn’t it just meaningless to upgrade those trash Drivers in the very beginning?