World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set (/Thread-Product-B-171-Sparking-Triple-Booster-Set)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - snoc - Jul. 21, 2020

(Jul. 21, 2020  11:09 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2020  12:50 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Wave and charge metal bottom view
[Image: image0.png]

Am I the only one who think Wave is the driver that belongs on the Sparking Diabolos bey instead of thd driver it's getting released with? Also Tempest Deagon looks pretty darn cool.
no, the one its getting released with is the confirmed stock combo

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - RustyWheelz - Jul. 22, 2020

I really want to like this release, but I'm not sold yet - playing wait and see game this time. 2 new drivers is cool and one that's not very common, but none seem meta-changing. A rare GT weight. Another Naked feels too soon though - don't need a third, even if it looks cool. You know what has me teetering against this release though is aero' and 11. I have a plastic container full of forge discs we'll never ever use and these would go straight in there. If N.Db came with a black or red painted Wh, I'd have pulled the trigger without question. Funny what value comes down to.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - SupaDav03 - Jul. 22, 2020

Im here for Dragon, don’t really care about the rest. Since I want all the anime/manga beys - I’ll be getting this anyways (pre-ordered already, actually). At least Dragon seems more interesting than anything in RBV21.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - originalzankye - Jul. 23, 2020

Really cool to see they did the video!

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - BreakerDS - Jul. 23, 2020

Interesting that they're doing a "hole flat" approach to Charge Metal. Guess it's to reduce the weight to prevent it from being "too" heavy.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Valtryek Aoi - Jul. 23, 2020

The Wave driver looks very interesting. All those ridges on the outer edge man. It's also confirmed that Tempest Dragon is basically has the bound mode from Imperial, then evolves (permanently) into it's 'ultimate form' with the blades constantly out.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Zeutron - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  12:15 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: The Wave driver looks very interesting. All those ridges on the outer edge man. It's also confirmed that Tempest Dragon is basically has the bound mode from Imperial, then evolves (permanently) into it's 'ultimate form' with the blades constantly out.
Wait where was it confirmed?

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Valtryek Aoi - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  12:23 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2020  12:15 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: The Wave driver looks very interesting. All those ridges on the outer edge man. It's also confirmed that Tempest Dragon is basically has the bound mode from Imperial, then evolves (permanently) into it's 'ultimate form' with the blades constantly out.
Wait where was it confirmed?

Start around the 7 minute mark. The bound blades permanently click into the evolved form.

(Jul. 23, 2020  12:25 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2020  12:23 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Wait where was it confirmed?

Start around the 7 minute mark. The bound blades permanently click into the evolved form.
Just because it clicks in doesn’t necessarily mean it’s permanent but seeing how they handled imperial dragon it’s possible.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - DeltaZakuro - Jul. 23, 2020

I don't like how the Awakened Form is permanent, and from the test battle it looks like it will be easy to awaken unlike Imperial Dragon.

Wave looks awesome, im still confused on the gimmick tho

Charge Metal looks cool too

Overall i have no complaints about this release other than the Permanent Awakening on Dragon

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Beytheblade - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  12:28 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I don't like how the Awakened Form is permanent, and from the test battle it looks like it will be easy to awaken unlike Imperial Dragon.

Overall i have no complaints about this release other than the Permanent Awakening on Dragon

The wave driver will probably be like anchor but with more variety of surface areas

(Jul. 23, 2020  12:28 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I don't like how the Awakened Form is permanent, and from the test battle it looks like it will be easy to awaken unlike Imperial Dragon.

Wave is just a balance driver between attack, defense and stamina with the additional feature of being tall. There may be something else but I doubt it and I think it’s find this way.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - originalzankye - Jul. 23, 2020

They show off Naked Diabolos in this one

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Ali Baba - Jul. 23, 2020

What's Wave's gimmick?

(Jul. 23, 2020  1:13 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
They show off Naked Diabolos in this one
Ok, either they made Dragon awaken during the battle for effect and it’s not natural or it’s a temporary awakening because there’s no way tempest is made in a way where it can potentially awaken in ONE battle.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Needforspeed - Jul. 23, 2020

Honest opinion

First off Tempest dragon looks good but eh doesn't compare to imperial imo but other than that i have no complaints to the bey the rest of the combo looks good

Wave after seeing the corocoro vid it probably going to be trash because it got so unbalanced by receiving impacts from tempest but it does recover the balance quickly

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - YggdrasilWyvern - Jul. 23, 2020

I wonder if there's a possibility that Tempest Dragon can manually be set into the "awakened" mode.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Ali Baba - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  1:55 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: I wonder if there's a possibility that Tempest Dragon can manually be set into the "awakened" mode.
There is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo23pToWRYY

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - 4DFury - Jul. 23, 2020

Lol they launched Diabolos so lightly in that second vid, can’t really tell the full potential of Wave

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Spirit of Order - Jul. 23, 2020

Hope Tempest Dragon can be unawakened.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Rouzuke - Jul. 23, 2020

Apparently Wave Driver doesn't have any free-spinning parts, like a fake Dimension on tall balance mode mixed with Defense minus the tabs.

Charge Metal looks dope, but I don't think it'd be better than Charge in terms of Burst resistance (probably worse due to the weight, idk). It being a metal version of a Zephyr tip might work wonders, but probably not gonna do well with stock.

Tempest Ring might be the most gimmicky release of its part category as of now, unless you consider Rage metal dragon heads or the tiny rollers of Curse or even the feeble wings of Glide as proper "gimmicks". Too bad it just copied off the 1A part from Hyperion. Having a totally unique combo could've made Tempest Dragon have more impact and awesomeness out of the box especially since Drum will be in the anime too.

Anyways, I'm more than satisfied with finally getting a Goku Weight as well as an Aero' and Hold' (then my hS and sA combo is set for Chouzetsu-only tournaments, along with a good ZDb combo) from this set. They could've made Dragon a bit OP by having Charge Metal a Dash Driver to actually help with the boost in Burst resistance.

(Jul. 23, 2020  4:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Apparently Wave Driver doesn't have any free-spinning parts, like a fake Dimension on tall balance mode mixed with Defense minus the tabs.

Charge Metal looks dope, but I don't think it'd be better than Charge in terms of Burst resistance (probably worse due to the weight, idk). It being a metal version of a Zephyr tip might work wonders, but probably not gonna do well with stock.

Tempest Ring might be the most gimmicky release of its part category as of now, unless you consider Rage metal dragon heads or the tiny rollers of Curse or even the feeble wings of Glide as proper "gimmicks". Too bad it just copied off the 1A  part from Hyperion. Having a totally unique combo could've made Tempest Dragon have more impact and awesomeness out of the box especially since Drum will be in the anime too.

Anyways, I'm more than satisfied with finally getting a Goku Weight as well as an Aero' and Hold' (then my hS and sA combo is set for Chouzetsu-only tournaments, along with a good ZDb combo) from this set. They could've made Dragon a bit OP by having Charge Metal a Dash Driver to actually help with the boost in Burst resistance.
Having charge metal as a dash driver would be pretty overpowered  as you said considering the fact that low burst resistance is supposed to be the weakness of heavy drivers. If you really don’t want it to burst just use it on a double chassis bey.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - Rouzuke - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  5:00 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2020  4:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Apparently Wave Driver doesn't have any free-spinning parts, like a fake Dimension on tall balance mode mixed with Defense minus the tabs.

Tempest Ring might be the most gimmicky release of its part category as of now, unless you consider Rage metal dragon heads or the tiny rollers of Curse or even the feeble wings of Glide as proper "gimmicks". Too bad it just copied off the 1A  part from Hyperion. Having a totally unique combo could've made Tempest Dragon have more impact and awesomeness out of the box especially since Drum will be in the anime too.

Having charge metal as a dash driver would be pretty overpowered  as you said considering the fact that low burst resistance is supposed to be the weakness of heavy drivers. If you really don’t want it to burst just use it on a double chassis bey.

Fair enough. I did remember that the RBV21 just being recently release in Japan has a Charge', so I guess it is just a matter of combo synergy regarding having a plastic tipped Dash Driver vs a metal tipped normal Driver.

A bit skeptical on the Double Chassis vs Single Chassis argument, but it does kinda make sense that because there is less moving/wobbling parts on a Double Chassis it hence has more Burst resistance over a Single Chassis that does offer more versatility at the expense of higher Burst risk due to the said wobbling of parts. But I'd probably still use 1D over 2D, based on the battle records by Beytubers recently. 

That said, I wonder if having the Ring be the one hitting most opponents more than its Chassis  (like Tempest and Brave) would have better or worse Burst resistance compared to Rings being overly protected, so to speak, by their Chassis (like Variant and King)?

(Jul. 23, 2020  5:15 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2020  5:00 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Having charge metal as a dash driver would be pretty overpowered  as you said considering the fact that low burst resistance is supposed to be the weakness of heavy drivers. If you really don’t want it to burst just use it on a double chassis bey.

Fair enough. I did remember that the RBV21 just being recently release in Japan has a Charge', so I guess it is just a matter of combo synergy regarding having a plastic tipped Dash Driver vs a metal tipped normal Driver.

A bit skeptical on the Double Chassis vs Single Chassis argument, but it does kinda make sense that because there is less moving/wobbling parts on a Double Chassis it hence has more Burst resistance over a Single Chassis that does offer more versatility at the expense of higher Burst risk due to the said wobbling of parts. But I'd probably still use 1D over 2D, based on the battle records by Beytubers recently. 

That said, I wonder if having the Ring be the one hitting most opponents more than its Chassis  (like Tempest and Brave) would have better or worse Burst resistance compared to Rings being overly protected, so to speak, by their Chassis (like Variant and King)?
I think it depends purely on which ring chassis combination we are talking about. A ring like Tempest as you said should definitely be the dominant hitter while it may not be the same in other combos.

RE: B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set - MagikHorse - Jul. 23, 2020

(Jul. 23, 2020  1:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Ok, either they made Dragon awaken during the battle for effect and it’s not natural or it’s a temporary awakening because there’s no way tempest is made in a way where it can potentially awaken in ONE battle.

Why not? My Imperial passed through its first stage in one battle. Why can't Tempest do the same?