World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 (/Thread-Product-B-170-Random-Booster-Vol-21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - MagikHorse - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 29, 2020  4:25 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Maybe Bullet and a balance chassis are somewhere in there

Bullet would be nice. It's due for a rerelease... but the only chassis here are 1S and 1D, just like the last booster. I don't think they can balance out the weight of a double chassis well with a plastic gen layer in it.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Needforspeed - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  2:48 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  2:42 AM)Dasmind Wrote: Where is Delta's face
If its coming in the anime (not saying it is) then he might be on the side or on the back of the box
I think it safe to say that we have to wait till the Twitter page reveals something like the owner and stuff ect....

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - CrazyAries - Jun. 30, 2020

TBH, although the Drivers are unclear, I would consider this release as the worst Random Booster in Burst Series.
5 of the 8 layers are totally outclassed and 1 of the other 3 is not that competitive either.
6 of the 8 Discs are outclassed as well and only Wheel and 0 (to help Judgement and Lord's burst stopper) are useful.
No Double Chassis, which in my idea is the greatest part of Sparking system. But none in this Random Booster.
I have never been so disappointed to a random booster release like this.

I want some useful GT Discs like Sting and Blitz, or some Double Chassis like 1A, 1B and 2S, instead of those Core Discs, OG remakes or Super Z Recolours. They can be good when there is one or two, but is just annoying when the majority of the whole set are those outclassed parts

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - 6Jupiter5 - Jun. 30, 2020

I think that the claws could be something like turbo blades combined with Kukulkan’s (sorry if I spelled that wrong) gimmick

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - BladerUmar - Jun. 30, 2020

that diabalos looks really weird

(Jun. 30, 2020  3:56 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: TBH, although the Drivers are unclear, I would consider this release as the worse Random Booster in Burst Series.
5 of the 8 layers are totally outclassed and 1 of the other 3 is not that competitive either.
6 of the 8 Discs are outclassed as well and only Wheel and 0 (to help Judgement and Lord's burst stopper) are useful.
No Double Chassis, which in my idea is the greatest part of Sparking system. But none in this Random Booster.
I have never been so disappointed to a random booster release like this.

I want some useful GT Discs like Sting and Blitz, or some Double Chassis like 1A, 1B and 2S, instead of those Core Discs, OG remakes or Super Z Recolours. They can be good when there is one or two, but is just annoying when the majority of the whole set are those outclassed parts

Worse than Random Booster 19 where absolutely nothing was relevant at all short of 0, Destroy', and the Odin chip? Nah, this is far, far from the worst, and looks far nicer too.

Layer-wise it has a very wide range of options, which isn't great competitively but is great for a collector. Just everything here looks so nice.

Disk-wise Wheel is naturally the best pull, but you also have the 4 best core disks (0, 00, 10, 7) plus two of the best second-string alternatives to them (4, 5). 8' is the only really meh disk here, and even then there's a lot worse than that. Yes, I would've loved to see some GT disks make their way in (Convert and Drake are both seriously overdue), but the selection of disks we do have is pretty strong in the core disk front and Wheel is a wonderful sight to see so there's no complaints from me. I appreciate this variety a lot more than Random Booster 13, where only 3/8 disks weren't 11, 12, or 13.

As I said before, I just don't think you can have a double chassis in a random booster with a remake layer. They're just too heavy comparatively, even with the addition of these metal bit chips. I don't think this is so much an issue with TT doing anything wrong, but with your expectations being way too high to be reasonable.

It's a wonderfully done booster filled with the most variety I think I've seen, and everything looks nice to me even without seeing the drivers.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - AirKingNeo - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:25 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Maybe Bullet and a balance chassis are somewhere in there

Bullet would be nice. It's due for a rerelease... but the only chassis here are 1S and 1D, just like the last booster. I don't think they can balance out the weight of a double chassis well with a plastic gen layer in it.

I mean they could if they gave it something like Convert Charge' (I just a Charge' release).

but the hoops random boosters are going through for weight balance is bad since it gives us outclassed parts.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - freefafnir8 - Jun. 30, 2020

Am I the only one who is willing to have this Random Booster postponed just so it could be better?

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Zeutron - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  5:48 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Bullet would be nice. It's due for a rerelease... but the only chassis here are 1S and 1D, just like the last booster. I don't think they can balance out the weight of a double chassis well with a plastic gen layer in it.

I mean they could if they gave it something like Convert Charge' (I just a Charge' release).

but the hoops random boosters are going through for weight balance is bad since it gives us outclassed parts.
Honestly they probably didn’t give it convert because it’s probably saved for sparking Achilles.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - g2_ - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  5:48 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I mean they could if they gave it something like Convert Charge' (I just a Charge' release).

Honestly they probably didn’t give it convert because it’s probably saved for sparking Achilles.
But Union had Convert.

(Jun. 30, 2020  5:48 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Bullet would be nice. It's due for a rerelease... but the only chassis here are 1S and 1D, just like the last booster. I don't think they can balance out the weight of a double chassis well with a plastic gen layer in it.

So random boosters shouldn't have any outclassed parts? Well dangit, I guess TT should clearly only make competitive parts and nothing else then, because anything fun or aesthetically pleasing clearly isn't worth their time.

Sarcasm aside, random boosters are a fun way to get recolors or occasionally find an older part someone might lack, but they aren't there for the purpose of providing competitive parts. If your stance is "there's not enough good parts so I don't want it" that's fine, but you're also missing the whole point of what makes random boosters fun and enjoyable to so many. A big part of that fun is not knowing what's inside, and that can only really be done if the weights are relatively even short of stuffing the box full of cardboard which basically nobody wants to deal with.

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:01 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: Am I the only one who is willing to have this Random Booster postponed just so it could be better?

I still honestly think it's fine as it is, and I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with it short of an excessive desire for competitiveness over fun.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Isaiah.burley - Jun. 30, 2020

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCDDS2hlqe9/?igshid=p246hrmd82ol
Delta is going to be in the manga!!

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:35 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCDDS2hlqe9/?igshid=p246hrmd82ol
Delta is going to be in the manga!!

Looking good for the odds of Delta in the anime.

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:26 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  5:48 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I mean they could if they gave it something like Convert Charge' (I just a Charge' release).

So random boosters shouldn't have any outclassed parts? Well dangit, I guess TT should clearly only make competitive parts and nothing else then, because anything fun or aesthetically pleasing clearly isn't worth their time.

Sarcasm aside, random boosters are a fun way to get recolors or occasionally find an older part someone might lack, but they aren't there for the purpose of providing competitive parts. If your stance is "there's not enough good parts so I don't want it" that's fine, but you're also missing the whole point of what makes random boosters fun and enjoyable to so many. A big part of that fun is not knowing what's inside, and that can only really be done if the weights are relatively even short of stuffing the box full of cardboard which basically nobody wants to deal with.

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:01 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: Am I the only one who is willing to have this Random Booster postponed just so it could be better?

I still honestly think it's fine as it is, and I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with it short of an excessive desire for competitiveness over fun.

I personally don't care if it's competitive, I care if they give us new parts. I didn't expect them to make us new, meta breaking parts, I just wanted something we've never seen before or at least would fit the Diabolos motif. Heck this was the perfect opportunity to bring in Bullet'. Generate' may be asking for too much, but this was a missed opportunity for Bullet'.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - 4DFury - Jun. 30, 2020

Unless the drivers are amazing I’m probably only getting the prize beys for this volume. If they wanted Cho Z beys why not Dead Phoenix or ChoZ Spriggan, both are long overdue for a recolor.

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:41 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: I personally don't care if it's competitive, I care if they give us new parts. I didn't expect them to make us new, meta breaking parts, I just wanted something we've never seen before or at least would fit the Diabolos motif. Heck this was the perfect opportunity to bring in Bullet'. Generate' may be asking for too much, but this was a missed opportunity for Bullet'.

Well, you've got a new chip and two new rings. Bullet' would be nice (and for all we know it is in this on something else), but there's still plenty new in here. Heck, even Dranzer V is new, as the plastic gen set isn't out yet.

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:04 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  6:41 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: I personally don't care if it's competitive, I care if they give us new parts. I didn't expect them to make us new, meta breaking parts, I just wanted something we've never seen before or at least would fit the Diabolos motif. Heck this was the perfect opportunity to bring in Bullet'. Generate' may be asking for too much, but this was a missed opportunity for Bullet'.

Well, you've got a new chip and two new rings. Bullet' would be nice (and for all we know it is in this on something else), but there's still plenty new in here. Heck, even Dranzer V is new, as the plastic gen set isn't out yet.

So we might have another Ranjiruk (Ranjiro's Raganaruk) situation here? (I'd actually be okay with that)

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Zeutron - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  6:22 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  6:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly they probably didn’t give it convert because it’s probably saved for sparking Achilles.
But Union had Convert.
Certain drivers are being reused for beys so I figured maybe it’s possible with a disk too?

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:08 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:04 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Well, you've got a new chip and two new rings. Bullet' would be nice (and for all we know it is in this on something else), but there's still plenty new in here. Heck, even Dranzer V is new, as the plastic gen set isn't out yet.

So we might have another Ranjiruk (Ranjiro's Raganaruk) situation here? (I'd actually be okay with that)

I don't think so, no.

I will say that I looked closer at the Diabolos chip and can say with 100% certainty that they are in fact the same, just in different colors. Instead of just rotating a circular piece of the middle, it almost looks like they rotated a "D" shaped portion instead. Wonder if that'll affect balance in any meaningful way.

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:08 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: So we might have another Ranjiruk (Ranjiro's Raganaruk) situation here? (I'd actually be okay with that)

I don't think so, no.

I will say that I looked closer at the Diabolos chip and can say with 100% certainty that they are in fact the same, just in different colors. Instead of just rotating a circular piece of the middle, it almost looks like they rotated a "D" shaped portion instead. Wonder if that'll affect balance in any meaningful way.
They have a slight variation to the abyss one has an extra tooth in the chip while the deth one has extra spikes in it

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Vtryuga - Jun. 30, 2020

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:46 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I don't think so, no.

They have a slight variation to the abyss one has an extra tooth in the chip while the deth one has extra spikes in it

how do u know

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:48 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:46 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: They have a slight variation to the abyss one has an extra tooth in the chip while the deth one has extra spikes in it

how do u know
Wait no i was mistaken it was a mode change so the chip looks different at first viewing

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:46 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I don't think so, no.

Not really. If you rotate one or the other you find that they're the same altogether.

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:46 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: They have a slight variation to the abyss one has an extra tooth in the chip while the deth one has extra spikes in it

Not really. If you rotate one or the other you find that they're the same altogether.
Yeah
Maybe this could apply to spriggan Where it has 2 ring or a ring+chassis fusion

(Jun. 30, 2020  7:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  7:08 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: So we might have another Ranjiruk (Ranjiro's Raganaruk) situation here? (I'd actually be okay with that)

I don't think so, no.

I meant we need to fish for parts to get the actual combo

(Jun. 30, 2020  8:03 AM)freefafnir8 Wrote: I meant we need to fish for parts to get the actual combo

They don't do that for the prize bey of a booster, that'd be absurd! Shining Amaterios wasn't the prize of Random Booster 19 despite having all its parts scattered among the booster, and the same is true of Ranjiro's Glide Ragnaruk layer as well.

That's something you do for a bonus.