World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Blog Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Blog Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts (/Thread-Blog-Beyblade-Fanfics-Club-Discussions-Random-Thoughts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - PinkRose - Apr. 20, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  1:44 AM)THunderACE4 Wrote: Any writing advice when it comes to beybattles?

The Beybattles on my fanfic in my perspective seems kinda fast, bland and soulless.

Let's see (I didn't read your fanfic or if I did I forgot, so some of this might not be what you're looking for but here goes anyway)

You could always work on describing the movement. Instead of just having the Bladers call out special moves then saying that Bey A hit Bey B and burst it, try to describe the flow of the battle, the movement of the Beys. Think about how the Bey moves when it hits the stadium (a spiral pattern, a flower, a beeline to the centre, etc. and how fast it is), when it collides with the opponent's Bey (does it get pushed back? What part makes the contact? Does something on the Bey shift upon impact?), and when it uses its Special Moves (how fast is it? How hard is the force of the attack? How does it look like?). Picture this kind of stuff, then try to write it down. It would help in making the battle more detailed and interesting.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - Ryuga's Son - Apr. 20, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  2:16 AM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2021  1:44 AM)THunderACE4 Wrote: Any writing advice when it comes to beybattles?

The Beybattles on my fanfic in my perspective seems kinda fast, bland and soulless.

Let's see (I didn't read your fanfic or if I did I forgot, so some of this might not be what you're looking for but here goes anyway)

You could always work on describing the movement. Instead of just having the Bladers call out special moves then saying that Bey A hit Bey B and burst it, try to describe the flow of the battle, the movement of the Beys. Think about how the Bey moves when it hits the stadium (a spiral pattern, a flower, a beeline to the centre, etc. and how fast it is), when it collides with the opponent's Bey (does it get pushed back? What part makes the contact? Does something on the Bey shift upon impact?), and when it uses its Special Moves (how fast is it? How hard is the force of the attack? How does it look like?). Picture this kind of stuff, then try to write it down. It would help in making the battle more detailed and interesting.

I agree 100 percent. What I would like to add is focus on the feelings of the characters. (even I need to work on it. In fact every fan fic writer on WBO needs to work on it. No offense anyone who finds this offense) Like who are they? WHY do they want to win? What is their goal. etc...

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - PinkRose - Apr. 20, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  2:20 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2021  2:16 AM)PinkRose Wrote: Let's see (I didn't read your fanfic or if I did I forgot, so some of this might not be what you're looking for but here goes anyway)

I agree 100 percent. What I would like to add is focus on the feelings of the characters. (even I need to work on it. In fact every fan fic writer on WBO needs to work on it. No offense anyone who finds this offense) Like who are they? WHY do they want to win? What is their goal. etc...

Mhm, that too. I was mainly talking about the Beys, but characterization is also essential, be it inside or outside battles.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - Ryuga's Son - Apr. 20, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  2:29 AM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2021  2:20 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I agree 100 percent. What I would like to add is focus on the feelings of the characters. (even I need to work on it. In fact every fan fic writer on WBO needs to work on it. No offense anyone who finds this offense) Like who are they? WHY do they want to win? What is their goal. etc...

Mhm, that too. I was mainly talking about the Beys, but characterization is also essential, be it inside or outside battles.

in battles, it is neccessary to show the character's feelings etc.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - TheGolden Blade - Apr. 20, 2021

Chapter 5 out: I think it's pretty good and the battle is definetly hyped and long. Read it here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-THE-INFINITY-WBO-LEAGUE-accepting-requests?pid=1757346#pid1757346

Okay so, I have an idea that I've been using with some of my writer friends on other forums. How about, when reviewing a story, we split it into sections (and rate each one out of 5 or something) to explain what was wrong with each of them better? I think that would help newer and even older writers to see where they're going wrong and work on that. The sections are:
Plot.
Dialogue
Characterization
Grammar
Battles (assuming it's a Beyblade fic which most fics here are)

How does that sound? You don't always have to explain why you gave a specific rating to one section or another (not all of us can write an essay on each story chapter they rate lol), just give the rating and maybe a couple words to point out exactly what you found was done wrong or could be improved.

(Apr. 20, 2021  7:47 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Okay so, I have an idea that I've been using with some of my writer friends on other forums. How about, when reviewing a story, we split it into sections (and rate each one out of 5 or something) to explain what was wrong with each of them better? I think that would help newer and even older writers to see where they're going wrong and work on that. The sections are:
Plot.
Dialogue
Characterization
Grammar

How does that sound? You don't always have to explain why you gave a specific rating to one section or another (not all of us can write an essay on each story chapter they rate lol), just give the rating and maybe a couple words to point out exactly what you found was done wrong or could be improved.

I agree. Sounds perfect, but can be improved.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - CheetoBlader - Apr. 20, 2021

(Apr. 20, 2021  7:47 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Okay so, I have an idea that I've been using with some of my writer friends on other forums. How about, when reviewing a story, we split it into sections (and rate each one out of 5 or something) to explain what was wrong with each of them better? I think that would help newer and even older writers to see where they're going wrong and work on that. The sections are:
Plot.
Dialogue
Characterization
Grammar

I personally do that but with length replacing battles, but I might do battles too, but also I feel that battles could have it’s own little side rating list.

(Apr. 20, 2021  8:15 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
Plot.
Dialogue
Characterization
Grammar

I personally do that but with length replacing battles, but I might do battles too, but also I feel that battles could have it’s own little side rating list.

Fair enough, there are a lot of stuff that can be discussed in battles like length, details and similar stuff.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - TheGolden Blade - Apr. 20, 2021

Can someone rate my fanfic? I think I've been doing pretty good. I also decided to start a tournament in chapter 8. I've got a bunch of ideas.

(Apr. 20, 2021  9:38 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Can someone rate my fanfic? I think I've been doing pretty good. I also decided to start a tournament in chapter 8. I've got a bunch of ideas.

I'll see if I can rate this sometime later, as I'm kinda busy atm.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - MasterofDerp - May. 10, 2021

Hey everyone, I’m looking for some reviewers of my fan fiction: Beyblade Burst Densetsu. By chance is anyone willing to check it out?

Fanfic is here(Srry if I’m breaking a rule by posting it’s link in the forum.)
https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/268039981/write/1063433023

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - May. 10, 2021

Hey Guys come to check out my fanfic https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-Burst-Bionic-Battle?pid=1762376#pid1762376 Also I need some people to come to rate it please if this does not work go to my threads and look for Beyblade Burst Bionic Battle

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - BurningSands - May. 10, 2021

Hello guys! I updated/rewrote the thread rules in order for it to be more digestible and easy to read. Theyre mostly the same, so feel free to ignore it (unless youd REALLY like to take a look, aha /lh)

All messages after my update notice are to follow the current rules, ty!

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - Ryuga's Son - May. 14, 2021

Best Fan fics:

1. Beyblade Burst Eternals- Dt20000
2. Beyburst Horror Stories- @XSabxManiacX
3. Beyblade Burst Fusion- Dt20000
4. The Story of Lane's Sister- DeltaZakuro
5. Beyblade Burst Stardust- @Longinox

Fan Fics that could be the best/Have a lot of Potential
BTW this is not in order. Just a bunch of fan fics that have tons of potential

Beyblade Burst Densetsu- MasterofDerp
Beyblade Burst Angels- DeltaZakuro
WBO Blader Brawl- PinkRose
Beyblade Burst Demonic- LJBlader
Sad Angst Stories- @XSabxManiacX

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - May. 14, 2021

My fave fanfic is Bionic Battle made by @Strikegamerv6 it is awesome

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - May. 14, 2021

here is a list of fan gic

Beyblade Burst Bionic Battle made - Strikegamerv6

The Mysterious Dragon Blader - SSJBdoku

Beyblade burst Titan - JJustice

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-burst-Titan hope you like it

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - Ryuga's Son - May. 14, 2021

(May. 14, 2021  4:14 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: My fave fanfic is Bionic Battle made by @Strikegamerv6 it is awesome

not to be rude, but it has lot of plot holes, plot inconsistency, grammar problems.

But, you can improve. Practice.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - May. 14, 2021

(May. 14, 2021  4:21 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  4:14 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: My fave fanfic is Bionic Battle made by @Strikegamerv6 it is awesome

not to be rude, but it has lot of plot holes, plot inconsistency, grammar problems.

Hey, you're not being rude you're actually being super nice giving me feedback!! thx I will try doing better

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - USN - May. 14, 2021

(May. 14, 2021  4:46 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  4:21 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: not to be rude, but it has lot of plot holes, plot inconsistency, grammar problems.

Hey, you're not being rude you're actually being super nice giving me feedback!! thx I will try doing better

At first I agreed with Ryuga, but your fanfic is improving alot. I enjoy reading it now! I read your whole fanfic because I thought it was this other fanfic and I was trying to find a specific part *SPPED REEAAD FFAAAAN FFICCC*

Cool!! I will keep improving!!

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - BurningSands - May. 14, 2021

Cant believe people actually like my horror genre Beyblade Burst fics, haha /lh Theyre super old and not exactly my full potential. Poor thing is ridden with clichés; typos that could change the meaning of the sentences; and stuff I technically couldve made darker but I dont want to become infamous or break WBO rules

(May. 14, 2021  8:31 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Cant believe people actually like my horror genre Beyblade Burst fics, haha /lh Theyre super old and not exactly my full potential. Poor thing is ridden with clichés; typos that could change the meaning of the sentences; and stuff I technically couldve made darker but I dont want to become infamous or break WBO rules

Yeah anyone could of. But they were very good. Old doesn't make it bad.

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - BurningSands - May. 14, 2021

Also something Ive been meaning to say:

Anyone who can write a Beybattle — even by a little — has my respect. Writing Beybattles is a lot of effort and patience on your part. I myself — mostly being an anime viewer and not a Blader — am not really knowledgeable with the Beyblade parts, toys, gimmicks, etc. and therefore dont feel comfortable making fan Beyblades and writing battles

RE: Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - May. 14, 2021

(May. 14, 2021  9:34 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Also something Ive been meaning to say:

Anyone who can write a Beybattle — even by a little — has my respect. Writing Beybattles is a lot of effort and patience on your part. I myself — mostly being an anime viewer and not a Blader — am not really knowledgeable with the Beyblade parts, toys, gimmicks, etc. and therefore dont feel comfortable making fan Beyblades and writing battles

oh ok