World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Unanswered Coloured Disc - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Unanswered Coloured Disc (/Thread-Unanswered-Coloured-Disc)

Coloured Disc - Pik_Stark - Aug. 27, 2019

I want to ask is the coloured disc. Is it tighter than normal disc? Like the 00 blue sting or 10 blue painted disc. If it is tighter, does every layer use it will be tighter than the normal one? Or only certain layer.

RE: Coloured Disc - eigerblade - Aug. 27, 2019

Since the paint adds a very thin layer of coating to the disk, it usually makes the disc tighter on layers with burst stopper gimmick like Lord or Judgment.

Most other layers will not have a noticeable difference.

RE: Coloured Disc - g2_ - Aug. 27, 2019

(Aug. 27, 2019  12:17 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Since the paint adds a very thin layer of coating to the disk, it usually makes the disc tighter on layers with burst stopper gimmick like Lord or Judgment.

Lord has a burst stopper? That's insane.

RE: Coloured Disc - Ash_Ketchum_007 - Aug. 27, 2019

(Aug. 27, 2019  12:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  12:17 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Since the paint adds a very thin layer of coating to the disk, it usually makes the disc tighter on layers with burst stopper gimmick like Lord or Judgment.

Lord has a burst stopper? That's insane.

Semi burst stopper actually. It also wears down after time from what I heard.

RE: Coloured Disc - g2_ - Aug. 27, 2019

(Aug. 27, 2019  2:09 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  12:37 PM)g2_ Wrote: Lord has a burst stopper? That's insane.

Semi burst stopper actually. It also wears down after time from what I heard.
The one that Judgement has right?

RE: Coloured Disc - DeceasedCrab - Aug. 27, 2019

Nope. Entirely different Burst stoppers. These are in the middle of the disc tab track, and they're smaller and not as toothy. However, they have a huge impact on Burst prevention. Look up a screenshot!

RE: Coloured Disc - Pik_Stark - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 27, 2019  9:00 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Nope. Entirely different Burst stoppers. These are in the middle of the disc tab track, and they're smaller and not as toothy. However, they have a huge impact on Burst prevention. Look up a screenshot!

You mean the coloured disc right? The painted disc somewhat make it like the burst stopper? Does it affect on other layer too other than JJ and LS? What about the gold one is it same as the painted one?

Tq for the clarification. What about the gold one? Is it the same with painted disc?

RE: Coloured Disc - eigerblade - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 28, 2019  3:02 AM)Pik_Stark Wrote: You mean the coloured disc right? The painted disc somewhat make it like the burst stopper? Does it affect on other layer too other than JJ and LS? What about the gold one is it 

Tq for the clarification. What about the gold one? Is it the same with painted disc?

Sorry, I do not have any gold parts so I can't help you there. I would guess they are also painted.

To clarify: the burst stopper is on the Layer, not the disk. If the layer does not have a burst stopper, there would be very minimal difference between painted and normal disk

RE: Coloured Disc - Rouzuke - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 28, 2019  3:12 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  3:02 AM)Pik_Stark Wrote: You mean the coloured disc right? The painted disc somewhat make it like the burst stopper? Does it affect on other layer too other than JJ and LS? What about the gold one is it 

Sorry, I do not have any gold parts so I can't help you there. I would guess they are also painted.

To clarify: the burst stopper is on the Layer, not the disk. If the layer does not have a burst stopper, there would be very minimal difference between painted and normal disk

Additional clarification: Burst stoppers are basically those from the Chouzetsu Trifecta (Valkyrie, Spriggan, Achilles) that most of the time can stop Bursts from happening due to evident tabs blocking the route of the Disk prongs closing in to Burst. Burst resistors on the other hand, are those like the Judgment Base inner rubber part and the two plastic nub thingies on both inner sides of the Lord Base, which wear down over time, unlike the Burst stoppers.

Big difference can be felt for the Burst resistors in terms of tightness when using either Blitz or a painted Disk (most optimal so far is the purple 0 Disk from Shadow Amaterios). If you want something that can also resist Bursts by being tighter, use Polish (even though it is EXTREMELY WAAAAYYYY outclassed) since the surface of the upper part rubs quite hard on the underside of some Layers (Guardian Kerbeus and Drain Fafnir are examples).

Another Disk could be the 5 Disk, but I'm not sure if that has a painted release, since it was also known to mitigate Burst risk.

RE: Coloured Disc - g2_ - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 27, 2019  9:00 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Nope. Entirely different Burst stoppers. These are in the middle of the disc tab track, and they're smaller and not as toothy. However, they have a huge impact on Burst prevention. Look up a screenshot!

I'm getting Spriggan today so I'll check it out.

RE: Coloured Disc - Pik_Stark - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 28, 2019  3:37 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  3:12 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Sorry, I do not have any gold parts so I can't help you there. I would guess they are also painted.

Additional clarification: Burst stoppers are basically those from the Chouzetsu Trifecta (Valkyrie, Spriggan, Achilles) that most of the time can stop Bursts from happening due to evident tabs blocking the route of the Disk prongs closing in to Burst. Burst resistors on the other hand, are those like the Judgment Base inner rubber part and the two plastic nub thingies on both inner sides of the Lord Base, which wear down over time, unlike the Burst stoppers.

Big difference can be felt for the Burst resistors in terms of tightness when using either Blitz or a painted Disk (most optimal so far is the purple 0 Disk from Shadow Amaterios). If you want something that can also resist Bursts by being tighter, use Polish (even though it is EXTREMELY WAAAAYYYY outclassed) since the surface of the upper part rubs quite hard on the underside of some Layers (Guardian Kerbeus and Drain Fafnir are examples).

Another Disk could be the 5 Disk, but I'm not sure if that has a painted release, since it was also known to mitigate Burst risk.
So the painted disk is only work with JJ layer and LS only? Other layer it does not have any noticeable difference between the painted and normal one rite?

RE: Coloured Disc - eigerblade - Aug. 28, 2019

(Aug. 28, 2019  12:01 PM)Pik_Stark Wrote: So the painted disk is only work with JJ layer and LS only? Other layer it does not have any noticeable difference between the painted and normal one rite?

That is what I already said twice, yes