World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - th!nk - May. 23, 2011

LOOK IT UP ON BULBAPEDIA, SEREBII.NET AND SMOGON.
Don't be so lazy.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - rock L-drago - May. 23, 2011

It is really nice how they calculate EVs after each battle, rather than each level up. Ev training is now made possible at lv.100.

off topic: Sweep with attack Deoxys. Just max speed and one attack stat.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - th!nk - May. 23, 2011

Yeah, shame old items aren't transferable, I have a buttload of rare candies.

On topic now: If anything survives extremespeed, you get killed by single priority move.

FWIW, though, Deoxys-A is Uber, s'yeah.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - crsmelee - May. 24, 2011

(May. 23, 2011  8:54 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, shame old items aren't transferable, I have a buttload of rare candies.

On topic now: If anything survives extremespeed, you get killed by single priority move.

i hate you cant transfer items either!!!!! and i hope Pokemon get better

RE: Pokemon Black/White - crsmelee - May. 24, 2011

(May. 23, 2011  8:54 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, shame old items aren't transferable, I have a buttload of rare candies.

i hate you cant transfer items either!!!!! and i hope Pokemon get better

RE: Pokemon Black/White - baileykruse - May. 24, 2011

Got to agree with the general consensus that the grass starter does look awesome. Honestly think thisll be the first time Ill go with grass over fire.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - The Fire Wyrm - May. 27, 2011

After 423 SRs for Cobalion, I quit.... I'm at 121 SRs for Virizon.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - th!nk - May. 27, 2011

(May. 24, 2011  9:00 AM)baileykruse Wrote: Got to agree with the general consensus that the grass starter does look awesome. Honestly think thisll be the first time Ill go with grass over fire.

Have you started regretting your choice yet? It's SO useless Unhappy

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - May. 27, 2011

It's only use is dual screening, which isn't much any more. What was Nintendo smoking when they decided the base stat spread for these starters, seriously? They forced me away from my beautiful fire-type starters and shamed the name of Fire-type Pokémon. ;_;

I stopped using the water starter after it got to it's final evolution, it sucked...
Honestly, this is probably the worst set of starters ever.
The previous ones have always had some decent members (well, Gen 1 was pretty bad, but still, in game they were pretty damn good, and they were cool, and Feraligatr from gen 2 is good enough, but outclassed by gyarados). The last two gens have always had at least one good Pokemon in them (though grass has always sucked).

Honestly, bluh.

I agree, 4th and 3rd gen had the best starters of their gen. All of the starters of Hoenn were pretty boss during 3rd gen, and only Sceptile really went down during 3rd gen, with Blaziken coming back up thanks to SB during Gen V. Only Torterra sucked from 4th gen, otherwise Infernape and its boss sweeping abilities, and Empoleon and its late-game solo sweeps.

Exactly. Here we've got DerPig, ANOTHER fire/fighting type that is totally outclassed by the other two, A snake that gets less cool the more it evolves, which also has one of the worst stat distributions of any starter, and some pathetic otter that decided to break the trend of water types getting great secondary types, and instead suck. Also, it has cawk'n'balls on its chest.

Samurott is probably the best starter of that gen, and that Speed base doesn't let it go anywhere, so yeah. Well, at least it has revenge, aqua jet and megahorn to help with that, along with a passable SpA stat to abuse Specs/Scarf Surf with. It didn't even get a good DW ability though, I mean seriously. Shell Armor?! The only good starter for Gen V including DW is DW Serperior, and that use is pretty limited too. Leaf Storm is pretty much the main move in the set, everything else is just there for the sake of being there.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - omegazero - May. 27, 2011

(May. 27, 2011  3:31 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: I agree, 4th and 3rd gen had the best starters of their gen. All of the starters of Hoenn were pretty boss during 3rd gen, and only Sceptile really went down during 3rd gen, with Blaziken coming back up thanks to SB during Gen V. Only Torterra sucked from 4th gen, otherwise Infernape and its boss sweeping abilities, and Empoleon and its late-game solo sweeps.

realy sb blazeikan is passing infernape right now.

Consider in game, though, how useless Choice sets are, and the fact there are WAY better things for the job. Even with Megahorn, it's coverage is pretty bloody horrid, and Aqua Jet is physical, so does magikarp all. Honestly, there are SO many better pokemon to use. With all the powerful pokemon introduced this gen, surely they could've made the starters useable. There are WAY too many more useful pokemon in game (

That said, though, this gen did suck for offensive water types, seriously, when surfing: OH GREAT I HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH OF THESE GREAT BASCULIN BEFORE! MAN I NEED MORE). At least Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. Even Tentacruel was pretty good. Jellicent is good, as is Alomomomomolololola, but they're Defensive (i.e. stupid in game, where you want attack). So it didn't have much competition there, but then, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, the Musketeers, The Genies, Excadrill, Volcarona (if you CBF with levelling up it's pre-evo), Hydreigon, Haxorus, and loads of other pokemon are competing for a spot on the team.

Leaf Storm, HP Fire, Giga Drain, Substitute is 4 useful moves, but yeah, the last three aren't so important.

Also, I was disappointed by the fact most of the improvements from HG/SS were removed. Running Shoes lock was AWESOME, The menu being down the bottom was AWESOME, pokemon following me? AWESOME!
Srsly, dropped the ball by not carrying over the best parts. Still, a great game, I've just re-played platinum, and it has nothing on B/W, but yeah, the C-Gear should just have been a menu option, with the menu on the bottom screen, and my finger should be saved the stress of holding B all the damn time. How am I supposed to move around in game and pat my dog at the same time?

And pokemon following the player was my favourite thing ever, the whole reason I got back into pokemon was because my first game was re-released with one thing I'd ALWAYS wanted: To walk around and be able to stand so my Dragon's Butt was in people's face. Also, to have people talking smack to me while Rayquaza stood behind me, glaring at them. That was awesome. Grey or whatever had better have that... I know the 3D rendering could be a pain, but srsly, it's NEEDED. I WANT TO STICK MY DRAGON'S BUTT IN PEOPLES FACES IN 3D!

Kinda wondering if Ruby/Sapphire will get a re-release now, as they don't happen at the same time as B/W (B/W is after Gen IV/II, which is after Gen III/I)... Also, they were kinda lame tbh. Not including the previous gen's best pokemon at all was a horrible, horrible idea, and very alienating to G/S/C people... And the lack of backwards compatibility was rage-inducing. I played it, but it wasn't as good. Meh.

Omegazero, he was obviously talking about how it was for it's generations, and SB Blaziken is uber, btw.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Vintage - May. 27, 2011

Anyone wanna help me out with levelling my Pokemon up? They're all level 50-60. And I don't wanna go against the Elite 4 again, because I keep getting owned. I've caught all possible legendaries in that game except for the legendaries that don't come in White. I'm pretty sure I've fought all the trainers on the routes, but I still wanna train. So I was thinking that someone could help me out. Tongue_out

It's not really that hard to train in B/W due to the new exp system... I didn't have much trouble...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Dr. Peace - May. 27, 2011

can you guys tell me where i can train my pokemon. i want my level 50-60 pokemon to level up to face the E4. just tell me a good place to train..:\

Go where the pokemon give the most EXP, personally, I like grass areas as they have Audino every so often, but victory road is a steadier source of EXP, iirc.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Dr. Peace - May. 27, 2011

(May. 27, 2011  6:14 AM)th!nk Wrote: Go where the pokemon give the most EXP, personally, I like grass areas as they have Audino every so often, but victory road is a steadier source of EXP, iirc.

thanks man. great help.

realy like i told my freind the 4 are easy i beat them with being 55 and they only have 4 pokemon each the only prob is gethis and his hydreigon.and my freind lost to ghetis and now it wont let him back in the league it says he cant enter can you please tell me what to do so i can tell my freind that.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - dman12 - May. 27, 2011

(May. 27, 2011  5:55 PM)omegazero Wrote: realy like i told my freind the 4 are easy i beat them with being 55 and they only have 4 pokemon each the only prob is gethis and his hydreigon.and my freind lost to ghetis and now it wont let him back in the league it says he cant enter can you please tell me what to do so i can tell my freind that.

go to the pokemon center next to the league entrance and talk to the team plasma guy there

(May. 27, 2011  6:39 PM)dman12 Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  5:55 PM)omegazero Wrote: realy like i told my freind the 4 are easy i beat them with being 55 and they only have 4 pokemon each the only prob is gethis and his hydreigon.and my freind lost to ghetis and now it wont let him back in the league it says he cant enter can you please tell me what to do so i can tell my freind that.

go to the pokemon center next to the league entrance and talk to the team plasma guy there

thankis ill text him trhat i couldnt tell him cause i won on my first try and he lost with lv 60s and he had a darmanitan to which should help beat hydreigon.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - The Fire Wyrm - May. 27, 2011

What should I SR or MM?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - th!nk - May. 28, 2011

SR? MM? I dun get ur abbrev.'s