World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Bey Brad - Apr. 21, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  2:28 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: Nintendo will make more money if it is on regular ds. Why? because more people have that, and when the 3ds comes out, more people will still have the regular ds and ds lite and not as many people will have the 3ds.

more people have a ps2 than a ps3, why do they even make ps3 games

RE: Pokemon Black/White - FOOF! - Apr. 21, 2010

i agree with the decision to put it on the ds because i would rather have a good ds game than a crappy 3ds game or it could just be that the 3ds wont be out in time idk

RE: Pokemon Black/White - castleoblivion - Apr. 21, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  2:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: more people have a ps2 than a ps3, why do they even make ps3 games
they make games for people who have that system, however, nintendo knows that they will make more money by putting black and white on regular ds. Lets put it this way. Pokemon is one of nintendo's biggest cash cows. they find new ways to milk this cash cow, so that more money comes out of the deal, since so many people have the regular ds or ds lite, they have set black and white to the earlier systems, so that more people will buy it, i am not saying there will not be any pokemon games on 3ds, however, with black and white, they will be able to milk more money out of the cash cow. So, let me simplify that, they make more money by putting it on regular ds. Also, Give black and white credit, the graphics, for regular ds, are good.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - To - Apr. 21, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  2:44 AM)FOOF! Wrote: i agree with the decision to put it on the ds because i would rather have a good ds game than a crappy 3ds game or it could just be that the 3ds wont be out in time idk

You know that it being on the 3DS would make it a crappy game, how?

If they developed it from the ground up on the 3DS, rather than reuse assets and push out another DS game I don't see how the game could be bad. Instead we have some ugly 3D graphics, and stretched sprites that look nasty.
(Apr. 21, 2010  3:03 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: they make games for people who have that system, however, nintendo knows that they will make more money by putting black and white on regular ds. Lets put it this way. Pokemon is one of nintendo's biggest cash cows. they find new ways to milk this cash cow, so that more money comes out of the deal, since so many people have the regular ds or ds lite, they have set black and white to the earlier systems, so that more people will buy it, i am not saying there will not be any pokemon games on 3ds, however, with black and white, they will be able to milk more money out of the cash cow. So, let me simplify that, they make more money by putting it on regular ds. Also, Give black and white credit, the graphics, for regular ds, are good.

PS2 stills sells. Why is Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 not on PS2? They're only those companies biggest franchises. There's a point in which you should just move on, especially when you're planning on launching a huge title in the same period they're planning on a launching a new platform.

this would be a system seller, and nintendo will make more money off the sale of a 3DS and a Pokemon game, rather than simply a Pokemon game for a system everyone already owns

we all know this game will sell like crazy anyway

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Dirge - Apr. 21, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  3:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: this would be a system seller, and nintendo will make more money off the sale of a 3DS and a Pokemon game, rather than simply a Pokemon game for a system everyone already owns

we all know this game will sell like crazy anyway

qtf

i hope they add some form of customizing the way the charather you play as looks

please include a "hard" mode this time. sick of being able to power up one pokemon and destroy the game

RE: Pokemon Black/White - theflightyellz - Apr. 21, 2010

It'd be nice if you were able to go and re-battle each of the gym leaders, each with their levels being at a minimum of elite four first time round (the elite four all having level 100 times when you finally get round to re-battling them).

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Killer Beafowl - Apr. 21, 2010

I hope there is another red. It is so fun battling him him with his wicked pokemon. I used pokemon that I got in a trade that people would have to cheat to get at level 100 and he still held his ground. His pikachu was fun to attempt. Especially with volt tackle.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - SonicDaMan - Apr. 21, 2010

I'm sure Nintendo wanted to make this a 3DS exclusive, but I understand why they can't. The 3DS was just announced not too long ago, and they probably aren't even done developing it yet. It would be a waste to try making a game for a system that's not ready to handle a library of games. Nintendo would need to delay Pokemon Black/White, but they decided to make it for the DS instead.

would a delay be that awful? the DS already has two mainline pokemon games

RE: Pokemon Black/White - To - Apr. 21, 2010

Black and White were announced after the 3DS was. I'm sure Gamefreak knew of the existance of the 3DS long before that was announced too.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - SonicDaMan - Apr. 21, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  10:11 PM)To Wrote: Black and White were announced after the 3DS was. I'm sure Gamefreak knew of the existance of the 3DS long before that was announced too.

Well, I can't really think of any other reason then. It just doesn't make sense to me that this game is supposed to be "new" and "revolutionary", and yet there is a shiny new 3DS that they don't want to use.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Serotonin - Apr. 21, 2010

It was reported that The Pokemon Company were given what were known back then simply as "DS2 development kits"; but obviously, yes, of course they knew about the 3DS.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NAP - Apr. 21, 2010

Black and White is going to be released Fall 2010... Plenty of time before Christmas.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - castleoblivion - Apr. 22, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  3:04 AM)To Wrote: You know that it being on the 3DS would make it a crappy game, how?

If they developed it from the ground up on the 3DS, rather than reuse assets and push out another DS game I don't see how the game could be bad. Instead we have some ugly 3D graphics, and stretched sprites that look nasty.

PS2 stills sells. Why is Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 not on PS2? They're only those companies biggest franchises. There's a point in which you should just move on, especially when you're planning on launching a huge title in the same period they're planning on a launching a new platform.
by the time those games came out, the ps3 had plenty of time to circulate and more people had them. If they wanted to make good money with black and white with the 3ds, they would wait a while after the 3ds's release then put out black and white.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NAP - Apr. 22, 2010

(Apr. 21, 2010  11:10 PM)NAP Wrote: Black and White is going to be released Fall 2010... Plenty of time before Christmas.

Compared to the 3DS which is getting a spring 2011 launch.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - To - Apr. 24, 2010

I'm sure Gamefreak will use those 6 months to make a launch Pokemon title for the 3DS... oh wait

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NAP - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 24, 2010  1:10 AM)To Wrote: I'm sure Gamefreak will use those 6 months to make a launch Pokemon title for the 3DS... oh wait

Greedy

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Bey Brad - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 22, 2010  7:08 PM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2010  11:10 PM)NAP Wrote: Black and White is going to be released Fall 2010... Plenty of time before Christmas.

you mean christmas in japan, which is not nearly as important as it is in the western world?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NAP - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 24, 2010  3:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

you mean christmas in japan, which is not nearly as important as it is in the western world?

It's important from a commercial POV.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - castleoblivion - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 24, 2010  12:44 PM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2010  3:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

It's important from a commercial POV.
Your right NAP. These games is going to sell like carp.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Roan - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 24, 2010  3:06 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: Your right NAP. These games is going to sell like carp.

I'm sorry, but when has any mainline Pokemon game ever sold poorly?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Benkei - Apr. 24, 2010

I think it's a poor euphemism for that they're going to sell well.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - castleoblivion - Apr. 24, 2010

(Apr. 24, 2010  5:28 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2010  3:06 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: Your right NAP. These games is going to sell like carp.

I'm sorry, but when has any mainline Pokemon game ever sold poorly?
I looked at his comment and started to laugh Roan. You have a point. Also, anyone like the idea of a dragon fighting type for 5th gen?