World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - The Fire Wyrm - Apr. 04, 2011

Hah, Just came back from hibernation, got from first gym to sixth in two hours.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Chups - Apr. 04, 2011

Woah!!?? Wyrms Hibernate!! Gasp

Dewott - Samurott Just then
Darumaka - Darmanitan Just then.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - |Joe| - Apr. 04, 2011

So how's this team?
Giratina (Origin Forme) (Click to View)
I'm going to work on a non-Legendary team later.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 04, 2011

Ahah, other than it having 4 ubers?
And 4 dragon types?

Ahah, im just joking around.
Been to smogon.com?
If not, go there, there's a strategy poked with recommended movesets, Ev's, natures, the whole deal.

Yeah I was just there, that's what gave me the idea for them. But how is Braviary? I thought of the move set for that one myself.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NoodooSoup - Apr. 04, 2011

(Apr. 03, 2011  11:46 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  10:08 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:56 PM)TheFusionRuler Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:35 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Am I the only one who had trouble catching Victini? I mean, I couldn't even attack him, my Pokemon were lv 50 and up! D:

Get Haxsorous, And teach it false swipe and another pokemon in your team that can put it to sleep,freeze of paralyse it. The Throw all the Ultra Balls you can carry!! (Just make sure you stock up on them!Tongue_out)

I already caught it, but it wasted ALL of my pokeballs. If I had to resort to the master ball, I would've shut the game off.
Also, is this a good team?

Braviary (training)- Crush Claw, Sky Drop, Shadow Claw, Fly
Bisharp- Night Slash, Did, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab
Simisage- Seed Bomb, Cut, Brick Break, Bite
Emboar- Scald, Arm Thrust, Head Smash, Heat Crash
Carracosta- Aqua Jet, Rock Slide, Crunch, Surf
Galvantula- Sucker Punch, Energy Ball, Signal Beam, Discharge

Also, what's better for Emboar: Heat Crash or Flamethrower?
Well Emboar is a Heavy pokemon So Heat crash will do a Fair amount Of damage but I believe there is alot of Recoil as well. I would choose Flamethrower just because of More PP and no Recoil.

Also your team is good but their moves are bad.
They are nearly all Moves that only Attack.
You need moves like Rain dance and Swords dance Moves that raise stats etc.

I'm not a fan of stat raising moves, I mostly stay on the pure offensive. Also, Heat Crash has no recoil.

Well then you dont Play Pokemon Competitively. It is hard and Very n00by to Just use Offensive moves.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Idek - Apr. 04, 2011

(Apr. 03, 2011  11:37 PM)♥ Wrote: I honestly had no idea that Victini's catch rate was 3, the same as all legendaries. I only got its health down to yellow and threw a Premier Ball at it, haha.

<3 you play Pokemon?!?We must battle!Victini for me was in the green and I caught it with my second pokeball.

(Apr. 04, 2011  1:30 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Well then you dont Play Pokemon Competitively. It is hard and Very n00by to Just use Offensive moves.

I know. I am n00by in that sense, but maybe, some day, I will become a great master like all of you.

(Apr. 04, 2011  1:34 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2011  1:30 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Well then you dont Play Pokemon Competitively. It is hard and Very n00by to Just use Offensive moves.

I know. I am n00by in that sense, but maybe, some day, I will become a great master like all of you.

I just started using Stat boosting moves today and I can already see a huuuge difference. Yes it limits the kind of damage you can do, but it increases survivability and damage output.

(Apr. 04, 2011  1:39 AM)|Joe| Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2011  1:34 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

I just started using Stat boosting moves today and I can already see a huuuge difference. Yes it limits the kind of damage you can do, but it increases survivability and damage output.

When I get my second team set up, I'll give them some stat raising moves then.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Rustled Jimmies - Apr. 04, 2011

I am a MONDO failure at this game. I've had the game since two days after release date (ordered from Amazon for free shipping, Black came a few days later), and I JUST beat the Striaton Gym. Since Platinum and HeartGold, I've been VERY carp about having a set team. I like to catch my Pokemon at the lowest of levels, and at the time, I had an Oshawott, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin (the HARDEST Pokemon on my team to train, for the love of god...), and Pansear. I caught Lillipup, Patrat, and Purrloin at the lowest possible catchable levels (2 for the first two, 4 for Purrloin), and raised them from there. Because a raised Level 4 Patrat can be stronger than a Level 4 Patrat that was caught.

My motto in this game is, "No one gets left behind." Mean that each of my team members and BOX members are all the same level. It's a way to make sure that I get stronger evolved Pokemon than caught ones. I made sure to raise each of my 5 Pokemon and have them all at the same level. And it took me nearly A MONTH to do it because I was procrastinating on Pokemon with
a) my comic
b) Monster Hunter Tri
c) Minecraft
d) everything else
Today, I finally got my Purrloin to Level 13, the same as everyone, and took on my second attempt at Cilan and finally got my first badge. That said, I am still mondo disappointed in myself. This is the FIRST time I've ever taken so long to beat the first gym, the second longest is HeartGold (I take teamwork seriously).

I'm such a failure...I don't deserve to play this game anymore...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - hello friend - Apr. 04, 2011

this is MEECHs other account his other 1 got banned so as i was saying is this a good party samurott ,conkeldurr
victini,heydreigon,excradrill,drifblim(if you think i should replace drifblim tell me a pkmn thts good and can learn fly)

Dude you can't make another Account when your other got Banned. That completely defeats the Purpose of being Banned.
This one will be Banned as well.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - K17khairi - Apr. 04, 2011

off topic : why was he being banned again?

on topic : golurk is a great pokemon. any suggestion on the EV spread and online moveset? XD

RE: Pokemon Black/White - th!nk - Apr. 04, 2011

For golurk, google for smogons analysis, yeah, it's a great pokemon (especially with less pokemon carrying dark moves in Gen V OU), I just can't get good synergy with him in my standard teams.

It's not good to speculate on bans. Or evade them Uncertain

RE: Pokemon Black/White - RowDog - Apr. 04, 2011

I like the game. The pokemon moving through out the battle is cool & the new pokemon are cool but I think in some cases I think Nintendo has gone a bit far with a few of them. I mean an icecream pokemon?Chocked_2 weird. Other problems with the game:
1. Way to easy. gyms weren't a challenge or the pokemon league.
2. No bases like the underground. They even had bases on emerald. They were coolAngry
3. Slightly pixelated but this isn't to much of a biggy
4. The new pokemon are weak compared to the previous regions.
But I still like the game in general.
Also, while you guys were all waiting I got this in October last year Tongue_out_wink

Funny that the "Ice Cream Pokemon" is actually good.

Some Pokemon are weak but Then again there are also Pokemon that are Beastly. E.g Condelkurr, Braviary.

Used to have Braviary but it wasn't good enough for me so I replaced it. In fact the only 5th gen pokemon in my party is Scrafty because of the wicked hoody & a few good moves.

Actually, there's been a huge power creep (increase in power) this gen, Chandelure, 140 base SP. ATK and SHADOW TAG?!?! (dream world but yeah), Excadrill, meh defenses, but put it in a sandstorm and after one swords dance, it kills pretty much EVERYTHING. Conkeldurr: Access to Drain and Mach Punch through breeding + SEVERE BULK makes it a monster tank. Most of the new legendaries are great too. Landorus, Sand Force in a sandstorm: BEAST. Virizion, with the new giga drain: Damn handy. Terrakion: Sandstorm to up special defence, the Rock Polish and Swords Dance: Monster Sweeper, even with only two moves.

Breloom, with access to spore, false swipe, and poison heal (twice as good as leftovers with a toxic orb, the only thing that can recover health with an item in a sandstorm), thanks to false swipe, it's amazing for catching anything. Parasect has spore+false swipe too, but Breloom has the advantage of not being pathetic.

That's just off the top of my head.

EDIT: That said, the new dragons are pretty lame. Haxorus is just TOO slow, though it has one of the sweetest looking shinies since the famous Charizard. Hydreigon is good, but Conkeldurr and any good pokemon with a fighting move, which is just about anything, turn it into cannon fodder. Also, has anyone seen it's shiny form? Looks like it's gone off Tongue_out

More on the dream world: DrizzleToad+Swift Swim: There's a reason smogon banned that. As much as it's hard to make a good 3 pokemon team with Kingdra and Politoed, given a full team, you can wreck just about anything. The only trouble for kingdra in the rain is Ferrothorn, maybe Scizor and escavelier, and other Kingdra. They can all be eliminated with one of those for opposing kingdra, and then one pokemon should be able to beat the other three (in the rain, heatrans flamethrower still OHKO's escavelier and scizor, and 2HKO's Ferrothorn, which can do nothing back, Escavelier can survive one hit if it invests 252 ev's in hp and 120 in sp. Def, but none of it's attacks can hurt Heatran enough, even if it somehow runs enough sp. def to survive and still has 252 attack EV's) Then you've got two other party spaces to work with. Ferrothorn would also kill vaporeon. Spend the last two with a backup rain dancer and another pokemon that can kill whatever is going to take out politoed, and you're set. The only weather changer that can go one on one with the Toad is Abomasnow, which is obliterated by Heatran. Their only hope is to stop your rain and prevent you getting it back up, and maybe to try and stall, though kingdra is very hard to stop in the rain after a dragon dance or two, and you've still got one or two party spaces to work with Tongue_out

Also, Speed Boost Blaziken is pretty damn strong too.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Pikachu0909 - Apr. 04, 2011

(Apr. 04, 2011  10:21 AM)Cpt Capri Wrote: 4. The new pokemon are weak compared to the previous regions.

What in the world are you think! Haxorus base attack is 147! Thats the highest attack stat for a pokemon that is non-legendary(other then slacking and rampardos.) and the 9th highest out of all pokemon(including legendaries).

yeah they now have single stats on extreme levels but no really good balance through out the stats, in other words all the other stats become really low. Only exceptions are the legendaries (which I never use because I like following battle frontier rules), hydreigon & volcarona.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - K17khairi - Apr. 04, 2011

Just caught lillipup!(seriously!) XD
I didnt bother to catch him earlier because I thought he would suck just like Bidoof. Turns out that I was wrong. Stouland will make you shave haha!!
That thing loves to play in the litter box : Sand Rush Wink

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Half Nail - Apr. 04, 2011

My team is totally epic right now. I'm in Relic Tower and my team is:

Serperior Lv. 38
Fraxure Lv. 38
Simipour Lv. 36
Darumaka Lv. 36
Boldore Lv. 36
Zebstrika Lv. 37

I love this game; it's just improving everything in everyway. It makes me feel like when I was playing Ruby for the first time.

(Apr. 04, 2011  12:57 PM)Cpt Capri Wrote: yeah they now have single stats on extreme levels but no really good balance through out the stats, in other words all the other stats become really low. Only exceptions are the legendaries (which I never use because I like following battle frontier rules), hydreigon & volcarona.

The ones I listed, other than Chandelure, compensate for that by being too strong offensively, and too quick to get hit (Sand Rush Excadrill is ridiculously fast in a sandstorm, and given an air balloon to dodge an earthquake or brought in on something that can't hurt it, it can get a swords dance easy to get a ridiculous attack stat. Oftentimes it can KO a lot of things without the swords dance, too), or by being slow but bulky and able to heal themselves (CONKELDURRRRR). Chandelure at least guarantees you a kill unless the opponent has a shed shell or whatever. They're extremely powerful if you can actually use pokemon intelligently and aren't just a "HIT IT HARDURR AND TANK DA HITS" user.

Hydreigon is okay but it's typing is poor defensively, so I rarely use it, and Volcarona, I forgot to mention, but it's beastly.

And a lot of the Legendary GoatHorseMusketeers are very well balanced, Cobalion has good defences and a useful speed, it's attack isn't amazing but he gets swords dance to boost it, and should have enough bulk to do so.

The only reason the Balanced ones don't stand out is because they're outclassed by the Imbalanced but Powerful ones ability to break down defensive walls and such.