World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Nova-X - Feb. 21, 2012

(Feb. 20, 2012  1:11 PM)BlackOutCannon Wrote: Don't you already have a Water Type? And don't get Gothitelle. That is terrible. Get Vanilluxe or something, and Grass & Steel type which you find in the Electric cave. I forgot the name. Sorry
do you mean ferroseed/ferrothorn
and yeah i agree with blackoutcannon gothitelle sucks
reuniculus is way better

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 21, 2012

oh no, I thought he meant Joltik now I already have a Ganvantula
Ferothorn or Galvantula??

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 21, 2012

Ferrothorn of course, if you properly train it when it becomes Ferroseed it will be boss as a tank.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 21, 2012

I use a CompoundEyes Galvantula for hit and run... it's pretty great, as long as the wind does not blow in its direction.

However, Ferrothorn is the "insipidly broken pokemon" of this Generation(Aside from Excadrill and Blaziken, but they're both banned to Ubers), so it is the clear choice.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Goldchain2 - Feb. 21, 2012

HOLD ON A SECOND! Blaziken AND Exadrill are Ãœber? Where have I been? Who confirmed this?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 21, 2012

1) Yes, yes they are.
2) I don't know, under a rock?
3) Smogon did. Blaziken, some time ago, Excadrill, a month or two ago.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 21, 2012

Blaziken was banned to Ubers very, very early in the Gen 5 metagame, due to being impossible to outrun and packing considerably more sinister attacks than its cohort-in-ability, Ninjask.

Excadrill was just far too rampant a problem, worse even than Garchomp in Gen 4, so it had to go, too.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Pony - Feb. 25, 2012

We're forgetting about Samurott. It may be me, but you can use Samurott like a boss against almost everything. It's got amazing water type moves, and it can learn like Dig and other great moves if my memory serves me.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 25, 2012

Samurott is just not a very good Pokémon, to be honest. It's in NU for a reason.

Dig is not a good move, at all.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Nova-X - Feb. 25, 2012

(Feb. 21, 2012  10:31 PM)Hazel Wrote: Blaziken was banned to Ubers very, very early in the Gen 5 metagame, due to being impossible to outrun and packing considerably more sinister attacks than its cohort-in-ability, Ninjask.

Excadrill was just far too rampant a problem, worse even than Garchomp in Gen 4, so it had to go, too.
yes, blaziken is also able to take out kyogre
and excadrill is a boss in sandstorm even without stone edge
and garchomp has epic base stats:
108 hp, 130 atk, 95 def, 80 sp atk, 85 sp def and 102 speed
so pretty muck scarfed garchomp owns!

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Teemo - Feb. 26, 2012

anyone want to play??? im available right now. my friend code is in the description. to not spam this thread, send me a PM
EDIT: ok ill give my code on a PM

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Byerg - Feb. 27, 2012

(Feb. 21, 2012  4:03 PM)Hazel Wrote: I use a CompoundEyes Galvantula for hit and run... it's pretty great, as long as the wind does not blow in its direction.

However, Ferrothorn is the "insipidly broken pokemon" of this Generation(Aside from Excadrill and Blaziken, but they're both banned to Ubers), so it is the clear choice.
Broken? I wouldn't say that at all really..with a 4x weakness to Fire type moves, it can be quickly taken down, especially with the increasingly high amount of Fire type moves being used because of Scizor's 4x weakness to them as well. Dragonites will almost always be running Fire Punch, and Celebis will almost always be running Hidden Power Fire. Even a good player with one can really only use it for a Stealth Rock, unless the opponent isn't competent enough to switch into something to take it out. And late game Stealth Rocks are becoming even less effective nowadays with since it allows for the late game sweeper to start setting up. The only other thing it has going for it is Iron Barbs+Rocky Helmet damage when actually can be annoying.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 27, 2012

Yes, and Infernape and Heatran were also both "easily taken down" by extremely common move types.

That does not change their hideous impact on the DPPtHGSS meta. Everything has a counter, but when that counter isn't necessarily around(which is the entire point of everything in the Pokémon competitive circuit, as it's just one big Switch Constantly game), Ferrothorn is the most aggravatingly prominent thing to still be allowed in Standard play.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Byerg - Feb. 27, 2012

I don't play in the DPPtHGSS tiers, I play BW Wifi OU and Challenge Cup (the most trololo tier ever XD). Like you said, everything has a counter, and that's exactly how the metagame advances so constantly. One Pokemon will become very common for every team, so a counter for it is found, when that counter becomes well known and popular, a new pokemon comes in that can fill in the old common Pokemon's role, then evetything rinses and repeats.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 27, 2012

Surprised no one's talking about this yet.

New games of Generation V are revealed. Surprise, it's not Ruby and Sapphire remakes. As everyone predicted, Kyurem gains the Generation V spotlight in this new set of games. Yes, SET of games. Our supposed Pokemon Gray has become "Pokemon Black 2 and White 2". Kyurem is, as I said, the spotlight Pokemon, but fused with either Reshiram or Zekrom.

You know all those fansprites of fused Pokemon? Well, this makes Kyurem the very first OFFICIAL fused Pokemon.

Edit: Source - Serebii

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 27, 2012

That's because we have a whole new thread for it. Wink

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Clonetos - Feb. 27, 2012

I couldn't find a General Pokemon thread but this is important Pokemon turned 16 today
i made this. Oh by the way if this is gonna cause trouble you may remove it

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 27, 2012

(Feb. 27, 2012  9:43 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: That's because we have a whole new thread for it. Wink

*violently flips seven tables*

RE: Pokemon Black/White - sum 472 - Mar. 07, 2012

New Wifi event to celebrate the 15th movie came out for the english games: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Wizard - Apr. 17, 2012

I'm currently trying to get a Victini. Does anybody have one that they're willing to trade? Even if it's a hack? (Just let me know if it's real or fake)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Apr. 18, 2012

If you have an R4, TTDS or whatever, you can download a rom which distribtes the event.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Wizard - Apr. 18, 2012

I don't have anything like that. But if you have one and are willing to do that and trde it to me, it would be awesome! Grin

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cookie Bouquets - Apr. 18, 2012

(Apr. 18, 2012  9:18 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: I don't have anything like that. But if you have one and are willing to do that and trde it to me, it would be awesome! Grin

for what?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Apr. 18, 2012

You could Pokésav it and use the GTS to transfer it to your game. No cheats or cheating devices needed, and it works for Mac too if you download Wine.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cookie Bouquets - Apr. 19, 2012

sir just do this
http://pokegts.us/5thGen_DistributeLink.aspx?hash=58a9ee51c40c49086311a40e10a000b2
works if you have a normal ds
1. load up black/white
2. go to ds online settings
3. don't do that auto dns thing
4. primary dns: 204.45.29.54
5. makes sure your party is full! VERY IMPORTANT
6. go to a gts.
7. magic pokeball appears.
8. collect pokemans from pc.