World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 07, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  4:18 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  2:46 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Lucario muscle Band
Steadfast/Justified
Jolly Nature
Physical Sweeper EV Spread
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Extremespeed
Why not a metranome or life orb? And adamant nature?

Jolly gives the speed Lucario needs to outspeed other Pokemon, while I chose Muscle Band for personal reasons. Metronome is cool at first, but a big no-no normally, and Life Orb is
a) Already being used by Zoroark (Doesn't really matter, but...)
b) Takes too much health from Lucario, especially when you try to get Justified boosts.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Nova-X - Feb. 07, 2012

(Feb. 05, 2012  4:20 AM)BlackOutCannon Wrote: Samurott is basically the strongest one of those starters! Serperior is the one that's terrible. The moves it learns are horrendous, seriously.. Most of the moves it can learn are practically Grass & Normal types.
the only good thing about samurott is swords dance = aqua jet
and caracosta can do a way better job
serperioir is awesome with its dw ability, contrary along with leafstorm
and emboar has awesome hp and attck and sp.atk

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hitsugiya - Feb. 07, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  4:50 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  4:18 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  2:46 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Lucario muscle Band
Steadfast/Justified
Jolly Nature
Physical Sweeper EV Spread
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Extremespeed
Why not a metranome or life orb? And adamant nature?

Jolly gives the speed Lucario needs to outspeed other Pokemon, while I chose Muscle Band for personal reasons. Metronome is cool at first, but a big no-no normally, and Life Orb is
a) Already being used by Zoroark (Doesn't really matter, but...)
b) Takes too much health from Lucario, especially when you try to get Justified boosts.
Could you go into a bit more depth with your EVs on Lucario? Extremespeed is a guaranteed first move attack. I assumed your Lucario is setting up with swords dance, and sweeping with Extremespeed, taking out tanks/walls with Close Combat.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - CocoaPuffs - Feb. 07, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  2:49 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Second part was referring to Andy12, first part was at you.
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, it's just you wrote: "But that is called cheating, my dear children"

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 07, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  4:18 AM)hitsugiya Wrote: It's hard breeding the perfect prodigal pokemon and EV train it to have OU good stats. I don't hack though, don't get me wrong. I keep each Pokemon I have bred and train it with love and care as if it were real, I don't "throw them away" if they have the nature I don't want, I raise it with the same equality of the others in my party. Or sometimes I just trade the Pokemon.

Actually, with a few minutes hunting Ditto in other games for natures, a pokemon with PokéRus, and all of the EV boosting items from the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway, breeding(hatching eggs in a batch of 5 + magmar or slugma or whatever) takes less than an hour and you can do all 510 EV points within 20-30 minutes.

It's all about knowing what you're doing. EV training in RSE takes MUCH longer, since you can't trade over wifi for a pokerus pokemon, so you're stuck with 2 EVs per KO(for efficiency, farming lower level Pokemon that take one turn to KO is faster than 4 evs per 2-3 turns or 2 turns and a switch). In DPPtHGSS you can get 10 EVs from stage 1 pokemon( 1EV base + 4 from Power Item x2 from Pokerus = 10) and 12 from Stage 2, so it coddles the living daylights out of you.

IV Breeding(especially Hidden Power breeding) is where things get annoying no matter what you're doing, although DPPtHGSS made that a lot easier with Power items allowing whichever stat they represent to be transferred to the egg with a 100% rate.

As for personal attachment, I always get quite closely attached to the Pokémon I choose to breed and train, and for the others, it's easy to actually look at what you're doing when releasing them as keeping their population sustained in the wild, which is preferable to keeping them locked in a magical fairy computer. I usually recreate most of my Pokémon in each Generation/New Game I start.

Signed,
DPPtHGSS Egg Hatch Total: >10,000 guy

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hyper27 - Feb. 07, 2012

Yeah, it's not that hard just leave 1 hour. I have all natured dittos in stock (LOL) and the pokemon i want to get always has 31 ivs in at least 3 stats, so i breed 1 or 2 times before I breed for natures (egg moves). I have also bred more than 5,000 eggs, but nowhere close to hazel o.o .

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 08, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  9:47 PM)hitsugiya Wrote: Could you go into a bit more depth with your EVs on Lucario? Extremespeed is a guaranteed first move attack. I assumed your Lucario is setting up with swords dance, and sweeping with Extremespeed, taking out tanks/walls with Close Combat.

Physical Sweeper EV Spread is the standard EV spread for a physical sweeper.
4/6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

The last 2 EVs don't really matter, I just do 6 to confirm that I did it correctly and get that ribbon.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - RewsterInCamo - Feb. 08, 2012

i has an action replay butz it broke sand i havent played pokemon black ever since

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Feb. 08, 2012

(Feb. 07, 2012  9:56 PM)Mars Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  2:49 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Second part was referring to Andy12, first part was at you.
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, it's just you wrote: "But that is called cheating, my dear children"

That was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference actually, haha. I just replaced cannibalism with cheating.

@above me, just because your AR (no beyblade pun intended) broke doesn't mean you should stop playing! This game is a great game.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - RewsterInCamo - Feb. 09, 2012

I know but I don't want to delete the data

RE: Pokemon Black/White - CocoaPuffs - Feb. 11, 2012

I just got about 28 legit Shinx eggs, in hopes of getting a shiny one. I just finished hatching them, and one was shiny!Eee

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 11, 2012

Getting a shiny shinx, if you have two DSes and a copy of Pokémon Platinum, can take less than half an hour. I believe I actually got four in an hour, using the pokeradar method.

But, getting one from an egg is legitimately difficult. Congratulations! I have only ever had a shiny hatch once from an egg, in all of my thousands of eggs hatched.

It was an Eevee.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Nova-X - Feb. 14, 2012

the best pokemon for zoroark to transform into is gengar
i cant wait for my friend to pokegen my pokemon !

RE: Pokemon Black/White - TenshouTsubasa - Feb. 14, 2012

(Feb. 11, 2012  7:30 PM)Hazel Wrote: Getting a shiny shinx, if you have two DSes and a copy of Pokémon Platinum, can take less than half an hour. I believe I actually got four in an hour, using the pokeradar method.

But, getting one from an egg is legitimately difficult. Congratulations! I have only ever had a shiny hatch once from an egg, in all of my thousands of eggs hatched.

It was an Eevee.

You're damn lucky. I want a shiny eevee for a long time.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Feb. 14, 2012

(Feb. 11, 2012  7:30 PM)Hazel Wrote: Getting a shiny shinx, if you have two DSes and a copy of Pokémon Platinum, can take less than half an hour. I believe I actually got four in an hour, using the pokeradar method.

It was an Eevee.

Nice! I've actually never hatched a shiny before. But have found like 20 shinies randomly. The latest one was i believe a shiny Wooper? When i was trying to reach to Lapras in SS. And, i actually never understood the Poke-Radar method. I've searched it all up on Youtube etc. but yeah.. The max i've gotten upto is 32. (trying to get shiny Scyther) but got ruined by a freaking ODDISH! ): It was sorta luck that i got upto 32.. hah

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Luck - Feb. 14, 2012

I got Pokemon White for christmas (my first pokemon game on DS, the others were on gameboy advance XD)
Ive already almost completed the national pokedex (my sister has pokemon games on DS)!!!! Grin

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 17, 2012

Does anybody know how to cath shiny's?
I heard something about a chain, but I have no idea what that is

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 17, 2012

Some1?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - CocoaPuffs - Feb. 17, 2012

(Feb. 17, 2012  7:18 PM)galaxyunicorn Wrote: Does anybody know how to cath shiny's?
I heard something about a chain, but I have no idea what that is
In Black and White, you just have to get lucky. In Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl, there is some Pokerader method I never really figured out how to do.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Giraton - Feb. 17, 2012

hey, i need a darkrai and a manaphy so i can complete my sinnoh section of my pokedex on white, i don't need to keep them, just borrow them for the pokedex, though with trade i can give a shiny. can anybody help me?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - PawnSational - Feb. 18, 2012

So far in pokemon black i caught a shiny lunatone. i started a new game in diamond so i could do trades, so far in diamond i caught a shiny medicham

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 18, 2012

Are there other ways to easy catch a shiny pokémon in Platinum except the pokeradar?
I'm hatching eggs now. I hatched already 15 growlithe eggs and no shiny one. pls help me

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Feb. 18, 2012

(Feb. 18, 2012  2:37 PM)galaxyunicorn Wrote: Are there other ways to easy catch a shiny pokémon in Platinum except the pokeradar?
I'm hatching eggs now. I hatched already 15 growlithe eggs and no shiny one. pls help me

15? That is nothing! You need to do the Masuda method to hatch a shiny i believe.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 18, 2012

What is Masuda
*edit* now I hatched 19 growlithes

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Feb. 18, 2012

You can't hatch a shiny without Masuda. So basically, you're just wasting your time.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
And also, you have a 1/8192 of randomly finding a wild shiny. But with Masuda, you have a 1/1366 of hatching a shiny in B/W.