World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Ga' - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  3:37 PM)gokurox Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  3:15 PM)storm dranzer Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  5:47 AM)Temporal Wrote: Oshawott is by far the worst starter. It simply fails against the later Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. Though it makes a nice early-game Pokemon. It kinda gets useless around Elesa, and after that it really only does well for one more Gym until being an eternal Box pokemon. Hah, I've stored many a starter and forgot. Then again, I beat the Elite Four with a bunch of Level 49s. (Critical Hits, they are a life-saver!)

I beat the whole game using My oshawott. I didn't evolve it for a while and now it knows moves that you can only dream of. My Samurott can destroy Serperiors with one blast of Hydro Pump, and even my lv. 100 genoscect can't compare. Do NOT call oshawott the worst starter. He's the best to a lot of people.

umm... Very few starters are good, and Temporal's reasoning was pretty spot-on. Anyways, judging by your post, I wouldn't say the *cough*hacked*cough* Genosect is too great, anyways. And I'm gonna guess you haven't been battling too many actual people, because Serperior is easily better than Samurott, especially if you're using Hydro Pump.

Samurott is decent in-game, but its bad base Speed kills it otherwise. It's got a pretty nice movepool though, with stuff like Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Surf, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Megahorn, Dragon Tail, etc.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

Movepools mean naught when the user sucks. It is like teaching Shuckle Giga Impact, Mega Punch, Rollout, and Earthquake, assuming it can learn all of that. Sure, the moves are good, but Shuckle has no Attack, so it is a waste. Samurott is the same, just less extreme. Good moves, bad Pokemon. Loyalty to a starter only goes so far, dudes. I got a shiny Axew, and Emboar grabbed some pine for quite a while.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hytyjin - Aug. 16, 2011

i dont know what pokemon was thinking 3 fire fighting starters in a row really thats why i chose serperior but i dont know what to use for pokemon white or gray (if there is going to be one) what am i going to do i already hav most of my team assembled :\

Because Fire/Fighting is a good combination for what most Fire starters do now. Attack.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Pony - Aug. 16, 2011

There have been too many fire/fighting starters and I'm sick of it. If they make another fire/fighting starter I'm probably just gonna stop playing. Oh, and why is everybody bragging about shinies? It's like if you catch a shiny now, you're royal. There really isn't much of a difference now is there? I don't really want one because I'm too busy raising the non- shiny ones I already have.

Well, it shows how lucky you are. Frankly, you don't like them probably because you don't have one. Hell yeah, having a shiny with good IVs and a good nature is awesome. On Fire/Fighting, it is simply a type. I could say that there are too many generic Bug-Types, but that won't make me stop playing, will it?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Pony - Aug. 16, 2011

I agree that shinies with awesome IV and etc. is pwnage but sometimes I like regular pokemon better. It shows I'm just trying to raise what I've got. The only pokemon I really need right now are solosis and rufflet. I'll train em from there.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Imperial - Aug. 16, 2011

Ok I think I am going to EV train for the first time can someone give some pointers. I already read the serebii.net article for it.

One-Find Gyarados
Two-Get Power___for whatever stat
Three-Get Pokerus
Four-Kill Gyarados
Five-12 EVs per pop.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - gurugulu - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  4:13 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  3:59 PM)gurugulu Wrote: Can anyone help me with wi-fi? I'm trying to do random match up with triple battles. But after the first round of moves the connection just breaks. Has this happened to anyone? I tried searching it up on google but it says something about my friend roster. My roster is empty. I don't think my routers just happens to lose connection everytime the first round is over. So help?

Has it happened every time or just sometimes because people sometimes decide to cut the connection when they are losing.

Every single time. I seriously doubt it's a coincidence.

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:21 PM)Temporal Wrote: One-Find Gyarados
Three-Get Pokerus
Four-Kill Gyarados
Five-12 EVs per pop.

There are no wild Gyarados in Pokemon White.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Captain Caprii - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  10:59 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  5:38 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote: So my serpiror is allmost lvl 40..but i want oshowatt Speechless anyone willing to give me an oshowatt

I am. It will cost extra for certain nature or iv's though.

Nah just a simple oshowatt is good o.o.What would be the extra cost though?

Does anyone have a adamant nature snivy they can give me?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - @ce - Aug. 16, 2011

he guys there coming out with pokemon grey and the lendgen pokemon kyrum is in black in white you find him in a cave if you want to no go on serebii.net just like dimond and pearl theres another pokemon just like the ones in dimond and pearl and there coming out with a pokemon movie called zorak the champion and the to other movies but i dont no the name

(Aug. 16, 2011  10:41 PM)@ce Wrote: he guys there coming out with pokemon grey and the lendgen pokemon kyrum is in black in white you find him in a cave if you want to no go on serebii.net just like dimond and pearl theres another pokemon just like the ones in dimond and pearl and there coming out with a pokemon movie called zorak the champion and the to other movies but i dont no the name

I think most of us knew all of that and you might want to improve your spelling
CaptainCapri I have an Oshawott if you would like one

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Captain Caprii - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  10:43 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  10:41 PM)@ce Wrote: he guys there coming out with pokemon grey and the lendgen pokemon kyrum is in black in white you find him in a cave if you want to no go on serebii.net just like dimond and pearl theres another pokemon just like the ones in dimond and pearl and there coming out with a pokemon movie called zorak the champion and the to other movies but i dont no the name

I think most of us knew all of that and you might want to improve your spelling
CaptainCapri I have an Oshawott if you would like one

Cool...Ive fell in love with arceus...but i died when i looked on marriland and found out theres no way to get him in pokemon white .....i didnt even see a way to trade him.......

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Temporal - Aug. 17, 2011

Game Freak says that they are not working on Grey, so stop spreading false rumors. Zoroark The Champion of Illusions is simply the 14th movie that has been out for about a year now.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - NoodooSoup - Aug. 17, 2011

Why would they bother to make it anyway? With the recent 3DS price drop, and Christmas/Holidays approaching in a few months, the DS will be dead. The 3DS can't really show sprites well, and that would make Gamefreak develop a 3DS compatible version, since they can't port it. At that point, why not make an entirely new game?

I for one, am all for a 3DS Pokemon game, that's actually like the main games.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Temporal - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:59 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  8:21 PM)Temporal Wrote: One-Find Gyarados
Three-Get Pokerus
Four-Kill Gyarados
Five-12 EVs per pop.

There are no wild Gyarados in Pokemon White.

Switch Gyarados with anything that gets you 3 EVs, then.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - TenshouTsubasa - Aug. 18, 2011

Why do you guys still think that the new version MUST be Grey?
It can't be Rainbow colour? ( hit fly

RE: Pokemon Black/White - KCPJ - Aug. 18, 2011

Rainbow would end the whole game series because there are no more colors to pick.XD,oh and you can buy a magikarp from someguy on this bridge,I forgot.Get it,train it,Gyarados!

RE: Pokemon Black/White - omega dragonis1 - Aug. 18, 2011

thanks!

RE: Pokemon Black/White - gurugulu - Aug. 18, 2011

Can anyone help me with ev training? I know ev training in this generation is different. Like the stats boosts before you level up. The thing is, i'm ev taining my venipede in attack on route 1. All they have are lilipups and patrats. I know they give 1 ev for attack when you beat them. My venipede has pokerus and a macho brace. Yet my stats hardly boost. It should be boosting atleast 1 everytime i beat a pokemon with both pokerus and macho brace. But it takes MORE than 4 times to raise my attack by 1. ONE. So anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Or is this normal? If it is, can someont explain why? Cause I thought 4 evs mean 1 stat.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Temporal - Aug. 18, 2011

Your stats do not improve until you level. The first two generations had the "Box Trick", where storing and retrieving a Pokemon would factor EVs into Stats, but that was removed in Ruby and Sapphire. Here's the thing, the EVs don't always show up. They pop up en masse around level 40. I EV trained a Torchic in Attack, and once it hit Level 45, it started gaining 9-14 Attack per level up until it was Level 51, I think. They tend to show up randomly, be patient.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - KCPJ - Aug. 18, 2011

Personally,I no nothing about EV's,but the only thing I know is that I got to Catch'em all.