World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Tournaments (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Tournaments)
+---- Forum: WBO Tournament Reports (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Tournament-Reports)
+---- Thread: Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 (/Thread-Los-Angeles-Tournament-Report-LA-HMS-brawl-1)

Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 - Shindog - May. 26, 2019

This is a “new” format that we are trying out in Los Angeles.  There is nothing new about the beys played in this HMS format of course.  Some of the beys were older than their blader.  
Despite this, we had a decent turnout of 14 (although one player had to drop right after we started).  

This format is new to me so please excuse any misunderstandings that I might have about Competitive HMS.  

We used Tornado Balance Stadiums for this tournament 

Combos that Mitchjett and I played:

Mitchjett: 
Circle upper.circle wide.bearing core 

Shindog: 
1) Circle upper.circle wide.bearing core
2) Samurai upper.CWD Free defense ring.Bearing core 2
3) Circle upper. Circle wide.Metal Flat core

I am still learning parts HMS so I am not able to go into a lot of detail.  But basically Circle upper did very well in the tournament. My biggest mistake was thinking Bearing core 2 can easily OS Metal Flat core in opposite spin.  But I am very happy for Mitchjett for winning the tournament.  This is his first ever first place finish!  

I am absolutely fascinated with the HMS system and I am very much looking forward to hosting more HMS tournaments.  Perhaps we will try BB-10 stadiums to favor attack more in the future?  As much as I would like to try the Tornado Attack stadium I have not been able to acquire one.

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 - Kei - Jun. 05, 2019

Very cool that you guys did this! HMS is my favourite series.

Yeah, I would highly recommend using a BB-10 next time. Tornado Balance is cool, but it favours stamina types with how large it is. At HMS events I like switching it up between three stadiums: Tornado Balance, Tornado Balance Type S, and Tornado Attack (or BB-10). It's nice having the ability to do that as it challenges players in different ways that isn't possible in Burst. I really wish TT would come out with another set of competitively viable stadiums in a similar vein for Burst.

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 - Shindog - Jun. 05, 2019

(Jun. 05, 2019  8:14 PM)Kei Wrote: Very cool that you guys did this! HMS is my favourite series.

Yeah, I would highly recommend using a BB-10 next time. Tornado Balance is cool, but it favours stamina types with how large it is. At HMS events I like switching it up between three stadiums: Tornado Balance, Tornado Balance Type S, and Tornado Attack (or BB-10). It's nice having the ability to do that  as it challenges players in different ways that isn't possible in Burst. I really wish TT would come out with another set of competitively viable stadiums in a similar vein for Burst.
I only wish I can acquire Tornado attack stadiums or the tornado balance type S.  But I have not ever even seen one....  So far I can only get Tornado Balance.  Is the BB-10 very similar to Tornado Attack?  I do have BB-10s

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS brawl #1 - Kei - Jun. 06, 2019

(Jun. 05, 2019  8:49 PM)Shindog Wrote: I only wish I can acquire Tornado attack stadiums or the tornado balance type S.  But I have not ever even seen one....  So far I can only get Tornado Balance.  Is the BB-10 very similar to Tornado Attack?  I do have BB-10s

Yeah, I imagine they are pretty tough to find now ...

I have TB and TBTS, but actually don't have Tornado Attack myself. It is similar to a certain degree but because I've never owned one I haven't been able to compare them in much detail.