World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Tournaments (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Tournaments)
+---- Forum: WBO Tournament Reports (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Tournament-Reports)
+---- Thread: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ (/Thread-Los-Angeles-Tournament-Report-Grand-Park%E2%80%99)

Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Shindog - Sep. 02, 2018

First of all, I obviously did not win this this tournament.  Also I am writing for my son Mitchjett who finished 6th.  He is 6 years old and can’t really type very fast so I am tasked with the writing.

Secondly, a big thank you to the organizers ThaKingThai, JoJo and Alta for hosting this awesome event. On to the report.

1st stage:

Mitchjett played most of his matches with (LC) aH.10.Et and (LC) hS.0B.Br.  During testing we found rP.10.At to be about even with aH.Et.  But when we faced each other in the tournament his aH.10.Et crushed my rP.10.At, knocking me out of the tournament.  Mitchjett chose correctly most of the day and was able to OS some mirrors.  

Deck Format:

Mitchjett’s deck
(LC) hS.0B.Br, aH.10.Et, and bL.7U.Ω

Our testing showed bL.7U.Ω bursted hS.0B.Br more often than orbit.  It can also destabilize just about as well as orbit.  Scoring 2 points in the deck format is a pretty big deal since OS finishes are so common right now.  It makes up for initially choosing incorrectly/unluckily.  

This plan fell apart when Mitchjett ran into a Sr on Revolve....  We did not think to test against revolve on Sr, thus the lack of preparation and knowledge in addition to the difference in skill level ended MitchJett’s run.  He tried unsuccessfully to burst Sr.R with his bL.Ω

The finals between Infinite.Zero and John__K_Yard was essentially a battle between hS.0B.Br and aH.0B.Br.  It was very close with many ties.  John__K_Yard ultimately came out on top with his aH.  

Several people had Xtreme’ but not many were actually used in the tournament.  I also didn’t see any bX used.  Hopefully, attack will be more viable soon....

Congrats to:

1st place.  John__K_Yard
2nd place  Infinite.Zero 
3rd Place   Nightingale 

PS:  I was asked to add this— #BanBearing!  Although I don’t know that I agree with #BanBearing, I do get it.  We just had Br vs Br in opposite spin in the finals.  

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Kei - Sep. 02, 2018

Thanks for the report!

Surprising nobody pulled out X' in the finals with the incredibly high likelihood of Bearing-based combos being part of the opponent's deck. X' based combos destroy Bearing-based combos if you have the right spin direction. And even if you are in the opposite spin direction you still have a chance; in my final battle with 1234beyblade yesterday at BACK TO BEYSCHOOL, he came scarily close to KOing my aH.0.R with bL on X' ... And that was on Revolve which is harder to burst and probably harder to KO.

So, I would say that banning Bearing is not on the table. We can't ban well-designed, but powerful parts just because some players don't know how or want to use solid Attack-based options to take it out. Especially with X' (and Hn', although I don't have this one yet) now available–the best Attack Driver released for Burst to date–I think such discussion about Bearing specifically doesn't really have a place.

aH on Eternal–although definitely more vulnerable to Attack now with things like bX X' than it was before–is still holding back Attack a little bit, but I think that people will soon realize that X' really is a game changer. Attack is most certainly viable now, especially against left-spin.

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Infinite.Zero - Sep. 03, 2018

I feel that Br on hS,sR...etc can be bursted and KO by wV,bX on JL,X' combos. However, the risk of self KO and the amount of experience needed to consistently launch a powerful slidingshoot opposed to a bank shot out weigh the Pros and Cons of the extra points gained when a it bursts or KOes a bey like Archer. I also tried balancing 0 on my aH which consistenetly had better times then my balanced 10 which goes to show 10,7,0 are pretty even if they each are individually balanced.

I want to thank Shindog and Kei for answering my questions on the WBO.

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Shindog - Sep. 04, 2018

(Sep. 03, 2018  3:52 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: I feel that Br on hS,sR...etc can be bursted and KO by wV,bX on JL,X' combos. However, the risk of self KO and the amount of experience needed to consistently launch a powerful slidingshoot opposed to a bank shot out weigh the Pros and Cons of the extra points gained when a  it bursts or KOes a bey like Archer. I also tried balancing 0 on my aH which consistenetly had better times then my balanced 10 which goes to show 10,7,0 are pretty even if they each are individually balanced.

I have reached the same conclusion as you as to what to play.  However, attack needs to be viable for the game to stay balanced and complex.  I think it’s ok to have some risk in launching attack types as long as there is adequate reward and a reasonable chance to win.  Unfortunately, I don’t think X’ improved attack enough, at least not for me.   X’ on bL certainly handles hS.Br but was not consistent against hS.At for me.  I kind of feel bL.Jl was just as good.   But I guess technically 10 blade hS.At is a defense type....  Also, I suck at launching beyblades in general so this is solely based on my own experience and may not apply to anyone else.  

Imagine if the game was 90% Surviver finish.  And the meta is a near perfect rock-paper-scissor. Then two players who know the meta could have a pretty boring WBO deck format battle.  The player to score the 1st point should go on to win 5-4 most of the time.  

Kei’s Stadium change idea is probably the best way to improve attack.  

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Valkyriology - Sep. 04, 2018

(Sep. 04, 2018  12:55 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2018  3:52 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: I feel that Br on hS,sR...etc can be bursted and KO by wV,bX on JL,X' combos. However, the risk of self KO and the amount of experience needed to consistently launch a powerful slidingshoot opposed to a bank shot out weigh the Pros and Cons of the extra points gained when a  it bursts or KOes a bey like Archer. I also tried balancing 0 on my aH which consistenetly had better times then my balanced 10 which goes to show 10,7,0 are pretty even if they each are individually balanced.

I have reached the same conclusion as you as to what to play.  However, attack needs to be viable for the game to stay balanced and complex.  I think it’s ok to have some risk in launching attack types as long as there is adequate reward and a reasonable chance to win.  Unfortunately, I don’t think X’ improved attack enough, at least not for me.   X’ on bL certainly handles hS.Br but was not consistent against hS.At for me.  I kind of feel bL.Jl was just as good.   But I guess technically 10 blade hS.At is a defense type....  Also, I suck at launching beyblades in general so this is solely based on my own experience and may not apply to anyone else.  

Imagine if the game was 90% Surviver finish.  And the meta is a near perfect rock-paper-scissor. Then two players who know the meta could have a pretty boring WBO deck format battle.  The player to score the 1st point should go on to win 5-4 most of the time.  

What idea are you talking about?

To change the slope of the stadium

RE: Los Angeles Tournament Report: Grand Park’ - Infinite.Zero - Sep. 04, 2018

(Sep. 04, 2018  12:55 AM)Shindog Wrote:

What disappointed me was the new Cho Z Valkrir with meh contact points. I fell TT could have capitalized on bX, but that wasn't the case bc Archer literally is unburstable. If the new Valkrie doesn't live up to the current high stamina, high defense meta then we are back to a doomed Zero G again.

I certainly think that if Hasbros He'll Salamander won't burst on Br against bL then...

(Sep. 04, 2018  5:42 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: What disappointed me was the new Cho Z Valkrir with meh contact points. I fell TT could have capitalized on bX, but that wasn't the case bc Archer literally is unburstable. If the new Valkrie doesn't live up to the current high stamina, high defense meta then we are back to a doomed Zero G again.

I certainly think that if Hasbros He'll Salamander won't burst on Br against bL then...

Unfortunately, I think most of what we are seeing is by design. TT has be making tops for a long time and ppl have been making tops since 35th BC. There is top/gyro technology in my phone right now. They know how to make tops. This is what they wanted. If wV was left spin... it would cut layers, frame, people and burst a bunch of things including the stadium. Could of just flipped the wings too on wV.

Hopefully they are changing their minds a little with X’, Hn’, Ds’, Z’... Haven’t heard about Br’, Et’, and At’.....yet.