World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - May. 09, 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Ultra. We'll look into whether some adjustments are necessary.

RE: Make your suggestions! - ThaKingTai - May. 13, 2016

Is there any possible way to make it so that we can receive PM's through text or e-mail alerts just like we do for thread subscriptions? That way, it makes it really simple to PM as soon as possible.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - May. 13, 2016

(May. 13, 2016  5:08 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Is there any possible way to make it so that we can receive PM's through text or e-mail alerts just like we do for thread subscriptions? That way, it makes it really simple to PM as soon as possible.

You can indeed receive an email notification for new private messages, and I think it shows you an excerpt of the message. Would that be enough? I already use this system.

RE: Make your suggestions! - ThaKingTai - May. 13, 2016

(May. 13, 2016  5:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 13, 2016  5:08 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Is there any possible way to make it so that we can receive PM's through text or e-mail alerts just like we do for thread subscriptions? That way, it makes it really simple to PM as soon as possible.

You can indeed receive an email notification for new private messages, and I think it shows you an excerpt of the message. Would that be enough? I already use this system.

Yeah, this would be perfect! Does the committee have to implement this or is it something we can do on our own?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cake - May. 13, 2016

(May. 13, 2016  7:32 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote:
(May. 13, 2016  5:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Yeah, this would be perfect! Does the committee have to implement this or is it something we can do on our own?

Just go to User CP > Edit Options (gear symbol about halfway down on the left), there should be a check box labeled something like "Notify me by email whenever I receive a private message". Make sure that's checked, and you should be good to go.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - May. 23, 2016

Can we lock the threads for upcoming beyblades until after there is some actual news? All that seems to happen now is people make ridiculous speculations.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cake - May. 24, 2016

I'd definitely appreciate it if there was less wild speculation in the release info threads. It just clutters up the thread and makes it more difficult to find and read through the actual news.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - May. 24, 2016

(May. 23, 2016  8:03 AM)Ultra Wrote: Can we lock the threads for upcoming beyblades until after there is some actual news? All that seems to happen now is people make ridiculous speculations.
I second/third this. Not a huge fan of having to scroll through 10+ pages of unnecessary posts to get some facts on the new releases.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - May. 24, 2016

People on this site have been butthurt over speculation since before I joined. Let people express some joy for the release and have fun discussion on what could be, even if it's way out of the ballpark. All important information is/should be added to the OP anyways.

A lot of young people are members here. The elitists need to realize that.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - May. 24, 2016

(May. 24, 2016  2:33 AM)Tri Wrote: People on this site have been butthurt over speculation since before I joined. Let people express some joy for the release and have fun discussion on what could be, even if it's way out of the ballpark. All important information is/should be added to the OP anyways.

No need to get so aggressive.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - May. 24, 2016

What about a locked thread for new releases and another public thread for new release discussion? Could eliminate the clutter and members would still be able to speculate and rant about new parts without it getting in the way of important information.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - May. 24, 2016

By locking threads though, you bring a lot less attention to them. Even now, when they are all open, some people succeed in missing some of those new release topics. Things would fade away into page two and more and get ignored.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cookie Bouquets - May. 24, 2016

Or you could sticky the release threads until they get released, haha

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - May. 24, 2016

A good dozen of stickied topics like last time would have been really annoying.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - May. 24, 2016

(May. 24, 2016  3:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 24, 2016  2:33 AM)Tri Wrote: People on this site have been butthurt over speculation since before I joined. Let people express some joy for the release and have fun discussion on what could be, even if it's way out of the ballpark. All important information is/should be added to the OP anyways.

No need to get so aggressive.

Sorry, it's just that the way people are with people speculating always annoyed me. I've seen so many instances where people were just plain rude to members for being excited.

RE: Make your suggestions! - poketrainerowen - May. 26, 2016

we can do a world championship for free foe anyone around in the six weeks holidays

RE: Make your suggestions! - Mint - Jun. 16, 2016

(May. 26, 2016  7:59 PM)moshi monsters Wrote: we can do a world championship for free foe anyone around in the six weeks holidays
It's pretty hard to do because of the following reasons:

1. Costs alot of money - Big tournaments in each country to determine who will represent them = Big venues. Except if someone voluntarily lets bladers play in their place.

2. It shouldn't be for "free" - as every tournament held by the WBO goes, it should have a fee for bladers to enter.

3. Hard to make it happen - World championship = all possible bladers in the world. They need to travel to another country for let's say, the Semi Finals and the Finals.

and etc.

RE: Make your suggestions! - FIREFIRE CPB - Jun. 17, 2016

how about adding feature that all to report PMs from person just like we do with posts

I seen a spam bot who's PMing abt non beyblade stuff to all who posted in Ebay topc

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dual - Jun. 17, 2016

Oh, I got that pm too. You could just forward it to a moderator or someone and they will take care of the person. I always thought you could report pm's though, I must have misremembered.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 17, 2016

The report feature that comes with the software does not work into private messages, but you should definitely forward it to a Committee Member and we will take action accordingly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - Jun. 17, 2016

I got the PM too. If you haven't already, don't open the links. If they're being mass messaged, there's a possibility that they could contain a virus.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hato - Jun. 17, 2016

I actually got the message, so I decided to try the 2 links; the first link didn't work and took me to the eBay home page, and the second took me to a eBay store selling primarily manga.

But yes, you probably shouldn't be an idiot like me opening them in the future, haha.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Angry Face - Jun. 17, 2016

FIREFIRE messaged me about this yesterday and I took a look, but the links are harmless. The first link just takes you to eBay's main page, and the second/third takes you to an eBay seller who, on top of manga, also carries Rapidity fakes.

Not sure why the guy did that, but if you guys ever receive suspicious messages, as Kai-V and others have already stated, notify one of us so we can investigate.

Hmm - Soro - Jul. 03, 2016

How Bout a toys R us? kids and adults alike would be there and everything! but maybe w could do
Minneapolis? It could get VERY busy. Or we could arrange Mall of america? IDK but a toy store
would be epic. >u<
You could earn a lot of money from that. Well That's All Grin
Please consider this I could advertise A little bit make some posters. Anyone Up
for it?[/font]

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jul. 04, 2016

(Jul. 03, 2016  8:25 PM)Soro Wrote: How Bout a toys R us? kids and adults alike would be there and everything! but maybe w could do
Minneapolis? It could get VERY busy. Or we could arrange Mall of america? IDK but a toy store
would be epic. >u<
You could earn a lot of money from that. Well That's All Grin
Please consider this I could advertise A little bit make some posters. Anyone Up
for it?[/font]

Toys "R" Us have an exclusive deal with Hasbro, therefore they cannot allow any other third-party Beyblade group to advertise or even host tournaments on their property. That being said, we encourage you to form relationships with independent hobby stores and promote as much as you can there.