World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - Nov. 26, 2015

(Nov. 26, 2015  5:33 PM)Neo Wrote: So I was thinking maybe we should replace the Big Bang Pegasus sprites with some new Valkyrie sprites? And maybe keep the Big Bang Pegasus one for MFB forums and have a Dragoon S representing the Plastics and HMS forums?
Just a thought.

We should definitely replace Pegasis, but the latter suggestion is a bit too complicated for us to do right now with the way the site is currently set up.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Neo - Nov. 26, 2015

(Nov. 26, 2015  9:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2015  5:33 PM)Neo Wrote: So I was thinking maybe we should replace the Big Bang Pegasus sprites with some new Valkyrie sprites? And maybe keep the Big Bang Pegasus one for MFB forums and have a Dragoon S representing the Plastics and HMS forums?
Just a thought.

We should definitely replace Pegasis, but the latter suggestion is a bit too complicated for us to do right now with the way the site is currently set up.

Ah, well better then nothing I suppose. Not too sure how MyBB works.

Also, I posted about this a few times, but do you think you could move Plastics and HMS Discussion to the front page? Mostly because it doesn't necessarily belong in Beyblade Customizations, as the sub-forum doesn't just pertain to competitive play. I mean, if we have the space for Beyblade: Evolution (which Kai-V told me would be removed eventually) I'm there would be enough space for PLA&HMS on the front page under Beyblade General.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Nov. 26, 2015

Here we go.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Jinbee - Nov. 26, 2015

I think it's because some people need the Plastic and HMS series to gain more attention.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Mega L-Drago 24 - Nov. 26, 2015

I wonder how beyblade would go if the main character was more like Ryuga!

(Nov. 26, 2015  9:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Here we go.

I don't understand if this is a form or sarcasm or something of the sort, but I was posing a a suggestion like the thread implies. (Does it sound like a tangent?)
You have a discussion board pertaining to two entire series, grouped inside of the competitive customizations board.
I'm just saying that the front page should be open for all generations, Burst included, right?
3 sub categories, for the Bakuten generation, the MFB era, and Burst.

Edit:
Noticed that the PLAHMS is on the front page again like it was more, as opposed to the "and 1 more" thing. And Evolution is gone.
Did this just happen, or has my phone not been processing the boards correctly?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Nov. 26, 2015

Well, I did not follow exactly your suggestion, but I did lengthen the list of sub-forums displayed on the main page, which gave light to the Plastics & HMS forum, and I hid the BEYBLADE: Evolution forum, which a few people had mentioned wanting. That is why I wrote "Here we go"; there was nothing sarcastic about it.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Jinbee - Nov. 26, 2015

(Nov. 26, 2015  9:40 PM)New L-Drago 24 Wrote: I wonder how beyblade would go if the main character was more like Ryuga!

Honestly, I actually made a concept series like that, I think it would be ridiculously serious compared to the others. The one I did was had gun launchers and crime.

I think the series would be intense and action packed though.

(Nov. 26, 2015  9:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, I did not follow exactly your suggestion, but I did lengthen the list of sub-forums displayed on the main page, which gave light to the Plastics & HMS forum, and I hid the BEYBLADE: Evolution forum, which a few people had mentioned wanting. That is why I wrote "Here we go"; there was nothing sarcastic about it.

I suppose I misinterpreted the text. I didn't actually see the edit after the post, which lead me to believe that you were undermining my suggestion. I do feel as if I had been "begging" for this to happen, so I apoligize.
It's nice to see it how it was originally, though, again.
Thanks a ton.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Supreme JetStar - Nov. 28, 2015

Why hasn't the WBO made new articles for any other Beyblades lately. There's still Fang Leone and Scythe Kronos and many other unfinished articles. I know they need drafts. But who has took the initiative to do so?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - Nov. 28, 2015

1. We've been busy merging our existing Beywiki into Beyblade Wiki
2. The Committee itself is working a lot on behind-the-scenes stuff that takes up our time but won't bear fruit for a while
3. The metagame has been changing so rapidly that it's hard to get a handle on what to actually write about these parts

That said, yes, it's an issue. Would you like to help us out? Like everything else at WBO, our Wiki articles are written by volunteers. You can find more information on how to get involved here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-The-Beywiki-Project

RE: Make your suggestions! - Wombat - Nov. 29, 2015

Not really much backstory to this other than Credits came up in the group chat, but what if we were able to buy extra entries into BeyLottos/Giveaways using our credits?

RE: Make your suggestions! - RagerBlade - Dec. 05, 2015

The members list was helpful so I think it should still have a shortcut on the top bar. Social media links at the top were a good idea as well in my opinion.

EDIT: When you log out, the bar is still the same as the old one. You should probably change that.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Thunder Dome - Dec. 05, 2015

This might get a little crazy but it would be cool to be able to pick your own username color for a month or something if you donate or something. At this point I think faces are cool and all, but I noticed some people would probably want to show their achievement faces over their donating faces anyway at some points so it would be cool if there was something else for donating.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - Dec. 05, 2015

The problem with that is new members mistaking the member that donated as someone with more authority than they really have. I'm not sure what other choices there could be though besides faces

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - Dec. 05, 2015

(Dec. 05, 2015  4:56 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote: The members list was helpful so I think it should still have a shortcut on the top bar. Social media links at the top were a good idea as well in my opinion.

EDIT: When you log out, the bar is still the same as the old one. You should probably change that.

What do you use the member list for? Serious question. I never use it and don't really know how it's useful.

Thanks for that, will fix.

(Dec. 05, 2015  9:18 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: This might get a little crazy but it would be cool to be able to pick your own username color for a month or something if you donate or something. At this point I think faces are cool and all, but I noticed some people would probably want to show their achievement faces over their donating faces anyway at some points so it would be cool if there was something else for donating.

Interesting idea!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Dec. 05, 2015

(Dec. 05, 2015  9:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2015  4:56 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote: The members list was helpful so I think it should still have a shortcut on the top bar. Social media links at the top were a good idea as well in my opinion.

What do you use the member list for? Serious question. I never use it and don't really know how it's useful.

Thanks for that, will fix.

(Dec. 05, 2015  9:18 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: This might get a little crazy but it would be cool to be able to pick your own username color for a month or something if you donate or something. At this point I think faces are cool and all, but I noticed some people would probably want to show their achievement faces over their donating faces anyway at some points so it would be cool if there was something else for donating.

Interesting idea!

At least for me, the Members List was pretty useful when I needed to find a specific user who didn't post often (especially when hosting to double check their full usernames or whatnot) and generally was a pretty easy way to find people for me, at least.

Also, it was pretty cool to see who had the most posts and whatnot.

RE: Make your suggestions! - RagerBlade - Dec. 06, 2015

Yeah all of that and just comparing two users or finding a members profile when you don't know their name exactly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - RagerBlade - Dec. 09, 2015

I think we should do throw back Thursdays where w change the banner to an old one. Not every Thursday just every once in a while. It would be fun. Another cool thing would be create an anniversary banner with all the old logos on it. Just some ideas.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - Dec. 09, 2015

Well, there was only ever one other WBO logo, and then the Beywiki logo. It would look pretty confusing, either way.

Since we're going to focus our energy on redesigning the site, I wouldn't look for us to play around with the banner too much other than perhaps one or two more standard updates.

RE: Make your suggestions! - FIREFIRE CPB - Dec. 09, 2015

I think there should be something that tell why post is deleted. Few of my post got deleted I don't know why or where but I can't know what wrong I did

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Dec. 09, 2015

Chances are the posts actually infringed one of our rules because of their content and you would have normally been warned for them but we decided to be tolerant and just remove the posts. You are supposed to understand not to replicate such content, in the context of the topics they were posted in, in the future.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cake - Dec. 09, 2015

Honestly, there are a few of my deleted posts that I would like to see again; I think there was at least one where I didn't really understand why it got removed. There's also a bit of potential humor in looking at my old crappy posts XD

RE: Make your suggestions! - Bey Brad - Dec. 09, 2015

They're typically pretty minor violations if a warning wasn't issued, and it would be one of the most time-consuming things we would do here if we started PMing for every deleted post.

RE: Make your suggestions! - ...Beyblade? - Dec. 14, 2015

Can we get the beyblade recommendations from the old beywiki back?