World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Neo - Aug. 19, 2014

Remove the Beyblade Evolution section.
Pointless; no one posts there and the game isn't even cared for.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Aug. 19, 2014

Maybe it's there because there was some agreement between the game company and the WBO? I can't remember, I didn't care about the game much, so that's probably why I can't remember for sure.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - Aug. 19, 2014

I believe there's a partnership between Rising Star Games & the WBO, so that probably has something to do with why the forum was created/still exists. At this point, it would probably make more sense, at the very least, to turn it into a general Beyblade video game section since Beyblade Evolution has been out for close to a year and the excitement has died down.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Aug. 19, 2014

(Aug. 19, 2014  11:37 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I believe there's a partnership between Rising Star Games & the WBO, so that probably has something to do with why the forum was created/still exists. At this point, it would probably make more sense, at the very least, to turn it into a general Beyblade video game section since Beyblade Evolution has been out for close to a year and the excitement has died down.

The Rising Star partnership was just to promote Evolution, I believe. I don't think they worked with the site too much, if anything, previously or afterwards.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - Aug. 19, 2014

(Aug. 19, 2014  1:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2014  11:37 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I believe there's a partnership between Rising Star Games & the WBO, so that probably has something to do with why the forum was created/still exists. At this point, it would probably make more sense, at the very least, to turn it into a general Beyblade video game section since Beyblade Evolution has been out for close to a year and the excitement has died down.

The Rising Star partnership was just to promote Evolution, I believe. I don't think they worked with the site too much, if anything, previously or afterwards.
Yep, they've donated a few prizes in the past (at least for Beydays) but you're probably right, since they aren't in the list of donors on the home page.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Aug. 19, 2014

(Aug. 19, 2014  2:12 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2014  1:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

Yep, they've donated a few prizes in the past (at least for Beydays) but you're probably right, since they aren't in the list of donors on the home page.

I think you mean affiliates. Hasbro has donated prizes, and they're not there.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Aug. 26, 2014

Perhaps if you are able to change themes?
Nothing major obviously but perhaps if were given the option to the change the banner to what we've previously had?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 26, 2014  10:55 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Perhaps if you are able to change themes?
Nothing major obviously but perhaps if were given the option to the change the banner to what we've previously had?

It's possible, but I think the "tradition" for at least the MFB Banners was to have that original Pegasus and the latest Pegasus, so unless that changes or suddenly a new release of Pegasus comes out, it may stay like that for a bit, haha.

But I'm not a committee member, so this is just my interpretation of that matter Tongue_out.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Aug. 27, 2014

I guess, it was just given the hiatus we are in, I figured some change might be nice. Thanks man Grin

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ocean - Sep. 01, 2014

There should be 2 or 3 levels of Antique Faces. For instance one for 1000 posts, one for 2000 posts and one for 3000 posts.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Sep. 01, 2014

I like the sound of that, there should definitely be some more faces in my opinion that are available easy on the site.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Raijin - Sep. 02, 2014

Instant messaging instead of regular PMs? I'm not sure if that would be compatible with the forum engine, but if it is, it would be really handy to be able to more or less chat with one another.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 12, 2014

Hey everyone, as we all know top-tier lists (both new ones and updates) are super slow to be officially published. At the same time though, it is proably inevitable that the Committee Members have the last word on the competitive combinations lists. However, I was wondering if we could try thinking of an easier way to make it all happen. Perhaps not necessarily shorter, but with more steps that gives a final result to present to the Committee that is less likely to cause hesitation ? Because I do think it is those small things we are unsure of that provokes this sincerely exhaustingly long waiting.

I have been thinking that there could be some way to submit ideas, basically whenever a combination is used to win by a top three Blader in a tournament, it could get submitted in some database, and when test results are posted that show a clear win percentage, that thing could get 'nominated' to be submitted. I just have no idea which medium we can use for this sort of submitting -even Excel seems like it would be too complicated since we cannot rely on one person taking care of it throughout the same year, so perhaps one of you knows of a site, plugin, program, etc. that could do something like that ? Or if you have other suggestions altogether, that will be considered too.

RE: Make your suggestions! - 6 God - Sep. 12, 2014

Maybe working on approving the list section by section? So the committee starts with attack, rather than a giant list with several parts that need careful analyzation.

Edit: After reading over my post, it doesn't really seem like much help, hah...

Maybe having the Advanced Members decide then put it up to the Commitee?

RE: Make your suggestions! - SmashCapps - Oct. 11, 2014

Well, I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here but I'll give it a go.

I've been interested in Beyblade on and off over the years and I think a big reason I keep drifting away is just a lack of content and matches to watch. Something like filming a full length tournament or even a live stream of an event would do wonders for awareness.

I say this coming from several grass roots gaming communities, a big part of building a community is to have a good steady stream of content for people to see, and allowing people to get to know players as well. If you can find a way to make the game into a better spectator sport, more people will come and stay hooked.

So, perhaps an official WBO Twitch Stream with some people regularly contributing as a suggestion?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Neo - Oct. 11, 2014

(Oct. 11, 2014  7:54 PM)SmashCapps Wrote: Well, I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here but I'll give it a go.

I've been interested in Beyblade on and off over the years and I think a big reason I keep drifting away is just a lack of content and matches to watch. Something like filming a full length tournament or even a live stream of an event would do wonders for awareness.

I say this coming from several grass roots gaming communities, a big part of building a community is to have a good steady stream of content for people to see, and allowing people to get to know players as well. If you can find a way to make the game into a better spectator sport, more people will come and stay hooked.

So, perhaps an official WBO Twitch Stream with some people regularly contributing as a suggestion?

But what would they do?
Talk?
Give combination suggestions?
Stream battles&Tests?

RE: Make your suggestions! - SmashCapps - Oct. 11, 2014

(Oct. 11, 2014  10:53 PM)Neo Wrote: But what would they do?
Talk?
Give combination suggestions?
Stream battles&Tests?

Well streaming live tournament play with commentary would be the best thing possible.

Mini tutorials wouldn't be too bad either though, showing beys, making suggestions, it could work.

On the subject of media, a WBO podcast wouldn't be too much work either, just a few people on skype and a tiny bit of editing. Heck I could edit it.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kei - Oct. 12, 2014

(Oct. 11, 2014  11:57 PM)SmashCapps Wrote: Well streaming live tournament play with commentary would be the best thing possible.

That's a cool idea, but in a lot of cases there simply isn't an internet connection available in the parks where our tournaments are often hosted to make that a possibility. And when it is, the people who would be knowledgeable enough (in addition to being able to speak well enough on camera) are probably busy either playing, judging, or both in the tournament. That said, livestreaming itself is something relatively simple that I'd like to see more of in venues where it is possible. It's been done a few times in the past.

Regarding the issue of content: There's a reason why we encourage people to submit their tournament footage to BeyChannel. I personally think the compilation format of the tournament videos on BeyChannel is the best way of going about promoting the competitive, and community aspect of the game, and that's why I continue to produce them. The reality is that only hardcore players want to sit down and watch several entire BeyBattles back-to-back-to-back, and analyze the results and fellow Bladers. That's why random battles on Youtube–often of stock Beyblades–are way more popular and prevalent than those that are competitively focused.

I'd also like to see hosts submit photos from their tournaments to be posted not only on the forums but on our Facebook page as well. I do it for most Toronto tournaments, but we need people dedicated to doing that in every community. It isn't that difficult to do yourself even as a host, or to have someone else do it. The more of this kind of stuff we have, the closer we'll feel as a community, and the more interesting and welcoming we will be perceived as from an outsiders perspective wondering what we're all about.

RE: Make your suggestions! - SmashCapps - Oct. 12, 2014

(Oct. 12, 2014  5:21 AM)Kei Wrote: That's a cool idea, but in a lot of cases there simply isn't an internet connection available in the parks where our tournaments are often hosted to make that a possibility. And when it is, the people who would be knowledgeable enough (in addition to being able to speak well enough on camera) are probably busy either playing, judging, or both in the tournament. That said, livestreaming itself is something relatively simple that I'd like to see more of in venues where it is possible. It's been done a few times in the past.

Has the idea of a non-live "livestream" ever been considered? There's no real rules against streaming content that you have made for an event like this of twitch (one person streamed the Super Smash Bros. Melee documentary for months it seemed).

If internet isn't possible, just filming the event and editing it to make a good broadcast is always a possibility as well. If some of the normal people running the event are not great on the mic you can find others to talk and edit it in this way itself. Make it almost like a TV program that way, you could even splice in interviews with players and such!

Quote:Regarding the issue of content: There's a reason why we encourage people to submit their tournament footage to BeyChannel. I personally think the compilation format of the tournament videos on BeyChannel is the best way of going about promoting the competitive, and community aspect of the game, and that's why I continue to produce them. The reality is that only hardcore players want to sit down and watch several entire BeyBattles back-to-back-to-back, and analyze the results and fellow Bladers. That's why random battles on Youtube–often of stock Beyblades–are way more popular and prevalent than those that are competitively focused.

A lot of my perspective comes from fighting games and a few other grass roots communities so if what I'm saying wouldn't work just let me know I'm being silly.

A big thing I see in a lot of other smaller games or hobbies trying to enter the realm of e-sports or at least more recognition is bringing people into the sport by making tournaments and matches more newbie friendly to help explain things.

When I first tried to come back (after having only ever played with plastic back in the day) I was incredibly floored. Even trying to learn anything at all about combinations or part names was incredibly confusing and no guide I could find did a good job of keeping it simple and slowly easing me in to the experience.

Watching tournament play is a GREAT way to learn these things IF the commentary is spot on. Explaining particular kinds of launches, saying why that person may have chosen that piece, and explaining how the Beyblade match up in simple terms while keeping it entertaining can be a HUGE deal teaching people the game as well, and makes it so that watching isn't only good for the ultra competitive people either. A lot of fighting game do this too by introducing terminology and trying to help new viewers get into watching as much as the old players and a lot of fighters are slowly moving closer and closer to maybe hitting the status of true e-sports because of it.

There needs to be a way to connect for the viewer as well, getting to see their favorite commentators on matches can present this feeling, and people getting to see their favorite players compete every week and follow their drama, wins, loses, and upsets creates an emotional attachment to the game as well which draws in and keeps people. Strong tournament play with good commentary can provide this as well.

As a side note, ff people really like to see things like stock Beyblade battles, why not run events at tournaments with them? It's almost similar to a low tier tournament in fighting games which are also really popular since people like to see the variety. Give em what they want!

Quote:I'd also like to see hosts submit photos from their tournaments to be posted not only on the forums but on our Facebook page as well. I do it for most Toronto tournaments, but we need people dedicated to doing that in every community. It isn't that difficult to do yourself even as a host, or to have someone else do it. The more of this kind of stuff we have, the closer we'll feel as a community, and the more interesting and welcoming we will be perceived as from an outsiders perspective wondering what we're all about.

This I can very much agree with!

See, I'm not in an area that would really even stand a shot to have people competing with Beyblade under pretty much any circumstance. It's just not really possible here. But I remember how much I enjoyed Beyblade as a kid, and seeing people still enjoying it today I'd like to help if I could even if it's just with video editing or promotional ideas and such (my specialty). So please don't think I'm just a random noob to the forums, I really am interested in helping if I can and have experience to do so. It's why I'm making the suggestions in the first place, I think Beyblade could honestly grow even more and thrive!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Oct. 16, 2014

I don't know if this already happens or not, but a great way to help promote upcoming WBO events would be say, a week or so before they take place, post on Facebook or Tweet about them- so other local players who don't check the site often would be aware. (I mean like, every event- not just major things, haha).

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kei - Oct. 17, 2014

(Oct. 16, 2014  1:03 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I don't know if this already happens or not, but a great way to help promote upcoming WBO events would be say, a week or so before they take place, post on Facebook or Tweet about them- so other local players who don't check the site often would be aware. (I mean like, every event- not just major things, haha).

If you look at our Facebook page from earlier this year you'll see that we were doing exactly what you're suggesting right here, and we were doing it for the exact same reason you're talking about. I believe it was Naijalak who was posting them, but he's been really busy lately so it hasn't been done as consistently. Hopefully we can start doing that again soon! In any case, I think in the past year or two we are in general much, much more active on Facebook than we were in the past because we realize that not everyone visits the site everyday.

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Oct. 17, 2014

MyBB has finally released the 1.8.0 (September 1, 2014), time for an update? Tongue_out
I'm totally hyped for it, and more hyped for the 2.0 that is currently a 'work in progress'.

RE: Make your suggestions! - V2 - Oct. 24, 2014

Instinct tells me this may not be the perfect place to ask but I'm clueless where else it would fit:

I know there's a seperate option to send either a PM or an email address if it's available on a user's profile, but is there any way to allow PMs to get forwarded to an email address?

Thanks

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 24, 2014

(Oct. 24, 2014  4:31 PM)V2 Wrote: Instinct tells me this may not be the perfect place to ask but I'm clueless where else it would fit:

I know there's a seperate option to send either a PM or an email address if it's available on a user's profile, but is there any way to allow PMs to get forwarded to an email address?

Thanks

Yes, basically instant email notification whenever you receive a new private message. However, while you can usually read at least an excerpt of what the private message's content is, you definitely have to reply back on the site, not remotely from your email inbox.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cake - Oct. 29, 2014

It would be really nice if you could reorganize your Faces. That way, if you are one of those members with a billion Faces (looking at you, Kei) you could move your tournament Faces all into one place rather than having them scattered about. You could also move duplicate or unwanted Faces to the bottom to indicate that they are open for trading.