World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Mar. 06, 2014

I'd like to see the LLD loading icon be replaced Dark Knight Dragooon, seeing as the banner at the top of the screen has Samurai Pegasis. But, I know if it was too happen it probably won't anytime soon, since the Committee is too busy.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Mar. 06, 2014

(Mar. 06, 2014  1:15 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote: I'd like to see the LLD loading icon be replaced Dark Knight Dragooon, seeing as the banner at the top of the screen has Samurai Pegasis. But, I know if it was too happen it probably won't anytime soon, since the Committee is too busy.

Look man if a beyblade is going to occasionally block my edit box because of my dodgy internet connection, it is ONLY allowed to be Lightning L-Drago. Serious

But yeah personally I'm really fond of it stop taking away my beloved old tops for your newfangled whadjamacallits :C

(Feb. 19, 2014  3:55 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: You guys should add a pop-up window that says "Are you sure you want to change your username?" when you click the "update username" button by accident.

Like, seriously.

This is something I would like to see.

(Feb. 21, 2014  1:08 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I'd like to see the Top 50 battle, but only according to the BeyRanking system, so no one has their feelings hurt.

There would be a lot of whining over who should be included and whether or not certain members are actually capable, it would just be a lot of drama and members getting upset.

The problem is a lot of them are on different continents.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Mar. 06, 2014

It would probably have to be in Toronto, if it was ever to happen.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Angry Face - Mar. 16, 2014

Not sure if it's a problem for some people, but when somebody lists out their parts in the only "Build me a combo" thread without mentioning what stadium they'll be playing in, doesn't that ambiguity make recommending adequate combos a little difficult? I know it bothers me, but I'm not sure about everybody else.

I mean, Plastics and HMS are their own formats, and they both have their own threads for asking questions specific to their generations and format, including customization questions. However, while Standard, Limited, and Zero-G all have their own dedicated sub-forums in the Customization forum, they all still share the same "Build me a combo" thread for MFB, despite being their own equally unique formats.

Considering the shear variety of stadiums out there, I would think just that warrants a little more background information when making requests, yet very few people actually do, which results in most members defaulting to suggesting Standard suited combos, or whatever format a list has the most viable parts to accommodate.

If anybody else agrees, I think format-specific customization threads in their respective sub-forums could fix this, with a new thread just for Hasbro stadium related questions in the general Beyblade Customizations forum. Though, like I said before, if this really isn't a problem for most people, then I guess the somewhat occasional ambiguous case could just be rectified by making recommendations for every possible format and Hasbro stadiums (because everybody has time for that).

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Mar. 16, 2014

That's not a bad idea- but each topic would be constantly posted in, giving 3-4 different threads to be posted in, rather than one. It might be confusing for new members.

Maybe, the rules for Build Me a Combo could be changed in general or even create a Build Me a Combo 3, specifying which Format the user wants the combinations for.

RE: Make your suggestions! - *Ginga* - Mar. 16, 2014

Don't people usually just do this :

Quote:Standard (BB-10) Combos:
Attack: kljsdfhlaksjdf
Defense:12345
Stamina: qwerty

Zero-G Stadium:

Zero-G Attack: uiop
Zero-G defense: asdfgh
Stamina: jl;'

etc.

At least that is what I would do.

(Mar. 16, 2014  9:46 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Don't people usually just do this :

Quote:Standard (BB-10) Combos:
Attack: kljsdfhlaksjdf
Defense:12345
Stamina: qwerty

Zero-G Stadium:

Zero-G Attack: uiop
Zero-G defense: asdfgh
Stamina: jl;'

etc.

Most usually give Standard only, as that's what is assumed they are looking for.
Hence-
(Mar. 16, 2014  9:44 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Maybe, the rules for Build Me a Combo could be changed in general or even create a Build Me a Combo 3, specifying which Format the user wants the combinations for.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Angry Face - Mar. 16, 2014

(Mar. 16, 2014  9:44 PM)Leone19 Wrote: It might be confusing for new members.

True

(Mar. 16, 2014  9:44 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Maybe, the rules for Build Me a Combo could be changed in general or even create a Build Me a Combo 3, specifying which Format the user wants the combinations for.

And that would probably be easier, but it would also require members to read the OP, which some will inevitably continue to abstain from. I figured at least with each sub-forum getting its own BMAC, it'd ultimately be less trouble for the anybody requesting and recommending combos.

(Mar. 16, 2014  9:46 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Don't people usually just do this :
[...]

"But who has time for that?" Had that written in the draft, not the final post #false memories

Apparently you. xD But imagine doing that every time somebody failed to be specific in their stadium choice, and possibly multiple times in the same instance. Just why?

True, but it would probably be reminded and quickly become a common practice, like listing parts- for new members, it has to be reminded.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Mar. 17, 2014

The problem is definitely people not stating what stadiums they use, like we are supposed to know, but I do believe people offer them the best they can do in as many types as possible, usually only the top-tier things unless everything they have is mediocre.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Mar. 17, 2014

I generally assumed that the limited Q&A thread was where people should be going for Limited Format combo suggestions anyway. If not, it probably should be - same thing with plastics, more attention on it etc etc.

RE: Make your suggestions! - [)ragon - Mar. 24, 2014

Can you guys mess with the spellcheck function?

If so, it would be cool to insert "Beyblade" as a valid word, haha. XD

RE: Make your suggestions! - Angry Face - Mar. 24, 2014

Spell check is dictated by your browser. You can add any word to your browser's dictionary by right-clicking the specific word and selecting the "Add to Dictionary" option from the context menu.

RE: Make your suggestions! - [)ragon - Mar. 25, 2014

Ah! Thank you for that.

Not a super techy guy personally, if you haven't noticed, haha. Tongue_out

RE: Make your suggestions! - Black♧Jack - Apr. 09, 2014

Maybe it would be a good idea to try and move forum engines, or at least add on a new site style for choices in style and to give this place some flare. It hasn't changed since I was like... Ten, if I recall when I first started here, that was like 6 years ago, it might be time guy's.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Apr. 09, 2014

We have no reason to "move forum engines" since we like MyBB and the current layout, and even though I am not necessarily against a certain change of scenery while keeping all of our trademark image, neither Kei nor I have enough time to play with the graphics.

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Apr. 09, 2014

(Apr. 09, 2014  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We have no reason to "move forum engines" since we like MyBB and the current layout, and even though I am not necessarily against a certain change of scenery while keeping all of our trademark image, neither Kei nor I have enough time to play with the graphics.
The best about MyBB is that it is free 'cause it is an open source project.
IMHO improving the template could be interesting, I can surely help in something like this, however I personally think that 'at the moment' we don't need something like this, or at least, I think that it is not a priority actually.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Synth - Apr. 09, 2014

(Apr. 09, 2014  12:22 PM)C a o S³ Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2014  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We have no reason to "move forum engines" since we like MyBB and the current layout, and even though I am not necessarily against a certain change of scenery while keeping all of our trademark image, neither Kei nor I have enough time to play with the graphics.
IMHO improving the template could be interesting, I can surely help in something like this, however I personally think that 'at the moment' we don't need something like this, or at least, I think that it is not a priority actually.

The only thing (I think) that isn't free is the domain name...

I also agree. Surely a change of scenery would be interesting, but so far, the theme we currently have is great. Although I wish we could have a red theme of sorts, that would be cool...

I like red too, but the World Beyblade Organization's colours are blue and orange.

(Apr. 09, 2014  4:57 PM)Synth Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2014  12:22 PM)C a o S³ Wrote:

The only thing (I think) that isn't free is the domain name...

I also agree. Surely a change of scenery would be interesting, but so far, the theme we currently have is great. Although I wish we could have a red theme of sorts, that would be cool...
Yes sure, it depends on the level that you choose, the wbo has the major type of domain, and the committee pays for it and the server.
For example, a domain like: worldbeyblade.subdomain.org is free but less useful on search engines and surely less nice Smile
(Apr. 09, 2014  5:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I like red too, but the World Beyblade Organization's colours are blue and orange.
In future could be an interesting idea to have a new main theme blue-orange, perfectly fully compatible with all the browser engine (Kai-V, for example firefox is not fully compatible now because when who has editet the theme -if I remember correctly was Brad- didn't coded the rounded corner for it), but at the same time give the possibility to the user to choose between more template based on other colors.

*You have to add: "-moz-border-radius: value"

For every browser engine, instead:

"-moz-border-radius: value;
-webkit-border-radius: value;
-khtml-border-radius: value;
border-radius: value"

The rounded corners work fine for me and I always use Firefox.

(Apr. 09, 2014  9:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The rounded corners work fine for me and I always use Firefox.
Quite strange, so at least I, from Firefox, can't see the rounded corners, I will let you know if this affects other users as soon as possible Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Black♧Jack - Apr. 09, 2014

Hm. I'm surprised you don't have any staff to make new styles and updates to old ones. It can be an important job...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Apr. 10, 2014

Aesthetics is almost never essential. It is actually secondary.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Black♧Jack - Apr. 10, 2014

(Apr. 10, 2014  1:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Aesthetics is almost never essential. It is actually secondary.

Aesthetics can be very important to people who haven't yet joined, and makes the user feel like they have more freedoms on the forum, at least that is how I see it.People who don't like the design, or feel it's outdated may not join and look for somewhere better. Why do we buy candy we've never eaten? The package makes it look good.