World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Feb. 04, 2014

(Feb. 04, 2014  5:15 PM)The sun raider Wrote: how many beys should I collect to get a rose gold face.

You need 50 legit Takara tomy, sonokong or hasbro beyblades, no tornado battlers, stealth battlers etc. this is the wrong thread BTW.

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Feb. 09, 2014

What about an Informatics and Hi-Tech sub-section in the Off-Topic Forums? It could be very interesting, so we can have a section where we can talk about hosting, cybersecurity, programming, new technologies and everything related to the computer world at an higher level. I'm studying computer science at the University, so for me and other people that likes informatics this is a sensitive topic and could be a great occasion to increase our knowledge together with other guys that want to start learn something about this.

IMO is a good idea, isn't it? Many guys want to know more about this world, so we can learn together. The most experienced ones could teach and share their knoledge to the beginner ones. There are a lot of things that we can study deeply about. I'm pretty convinced that it could be a great success!
If for Kai-V is and the rest of the committee is ok, we can start a petition Smile

- yeah, I know that mybb has limited number of section but this could be useful, expecially on search engines, because this means hundreds of thread about a strong and popular subject -

RE: Make your suggestions! - TimeOut - Feb. 17, 2014

Has there ever been any consideration to installing a chat plugin on the site? ex: http://mods.mybb.com/view/integration-plugin-for-mybb-and-123-flashchat

I realize this could create some issues with spamming, but it would be nice to have an easier way for group chats and to not have to wait 60 seconds before sending another message.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Feb. 17, 2014

It was asked and considered many times.

RE: Make your suggestions! - TimeOut - Feb. 17, 2014

This would probably be a hassle to do, but is there any chance an experienced members sub forum could be created? Obviously not everyone who can contribute to a thread is advanced member worthy, but it gets really irritating when people who don't know what they are talking about clutter up our threads with stupid arguments that someone must then rebutt.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kaneki - Feb. 17, 2014

It sounds OK, but wouldn't like half the WBO members that're active be a part of it, haha. I believe the Advanced Forums would be better then that. If you see some clutter in a topic, just simply report it. It keeps it clean and we can continue posting.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ryukiba - Feb. 17, 2014

How about a chat room on the bottom of the siteSmile like this:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/B_Daman_Association/index/
Just scroll downSmile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Angry Face - Feb. 17, 2014

Same page:

(Feb. 17, 2014  4:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It was asked and considered many times.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - Feb. 18, 2014

I realize a lot of people including me are guilty of calling the attack type beystadium just the BB-10. I think this could be very misleading for some if someone asks what stadiums are legal for tournament use and if someone answers just the BB-10, they might think they have to purchase it. It's been released in various sets and its not called the BB-10 in those sets ...

Just figured it should be enforced from here on out.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Feb. 18, 2014

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:08 AM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: I realize a lot of people including me are guilty of calling the attack type beystadium just the BB-10. I think this could be very misleading for some if someone asks what stadiums are legal for tournament use and if someone answers just the BB-10, they might think they have to purchase it. It's been released in various sets and its not called the BB-10 in those sets ...

I try to correct people as much as possible.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Feb. 18, 2014

(Feb. 17, 2014  4:08 PM)Time Wrote: This would probably be a hassle to do, but is there any chance an experienced members sub forum could be created? Obviously not everyone who can contribute to a thread is advanced member worthy, but it gets really irritating when people who don't know what they are talking about clutter up our threads with stupid arguments that someone must then rebutt.

That might be challenging to control who/can't post in it- but, honestly, I like that idea.

It's more of an "in-between" from regular to Advanced.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Feb. 18, 2014

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:10 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2014  4:08 PM)Time Wrote: This would probably be a hassle to do, but is there any chance an experienced members sub forum could be created? Obviously not everyone who can contribute to a thread is advanced member worthy, but it gets really irritating when people who don't know what they are talking about clutter up our threads with stupid arguments that someone must then rebutt.

That might be challenging to control who/can't post in it- but, honestly, I like that idea.

This is probably a really stupid idea. But what if only people with antique faces could post in it?

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:29 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:10 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

This is probably a really stupid idea. But what if only people with antique faces could post in it?

If that were the case, I don't see how the mods could stop anyone else from posting in it. Tongue_out

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:33 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:29 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:10 AM)Leone19 Wrote: That might be challenging to control who/can't post in it- but, honestly, I like that idea.

If that were the case, I don't see how the mods could stop anyone else from posting in it. Tongue_out
There has to be some sort of way, since only advanced members can post in the advanced forum. People with The antique face would have to have a whole user group, right? how about "Experienced members"?

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:35 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:33 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:29 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote: This is probably a really stupid idea. But what if only people with antique faces could post in it?

There has to be some sort of way, since only advanced members can post in the advanced forum. People with The antique face would have to have a whole user group, right? how about "Experienced members"?

I could see something like that, honestly. It's not a bad idea, actually.

Honestly, the antique face is overrated and not everybody with it is knowledgable enough to be able to post in a certain forum. What would be the point of this 'experienced mebers' forum anyways?

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:39 AM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: Honestly, the antique face is overrated and not everybody with it is knowledgable enough to be able to post in a certain forum. What would be the point of this 'experienced mebers' forum anyways?

There isn't a point for experienced mebers, but if you mean "members"; it would be an in between of regular members and advanced members. like say banning F230, TBH the thread gets spammed by quite a few newbs, if it were only in the advanced forum only a handful of ppl could discuss it, but in an in-between forum it could get more discussion with less nooby spam.

You don't have the right to call anyone a newbie. If this new forum were to be created (which I'm 100% sure it won't) it'd basically be duplicates of everything already in other forums but with only certain people posting, which basically are those forums anyways since quite honesty there arent many active posters on the WBO.

(Feb. 18, 2014  3:14 AM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: You don't have the right to call anyone a newbie. If this new forum were to be created (which I'm 100% sure it won't) it'd basically be duplicates of everything already in other forums but with only certain people posting, which basically are those forums anyways since quite honesty there arent many active posters on the WBO.

Ok fine, a beginner. I think your missing the point, there wont be double of everything, just important things such as the competitive customs list etc. How do U know %100 with no possible doubt that it won't be made? With all due respect, you can't know %100.

Also, what is your defination of "many"? There are alot to me.

RE: Make your suggestions! - blah - Feb. 18, 2014

That idea seems silly. There is already an advanced and non advanced members section. Why have a third one to create even more clutter and extra reading to find certain info? It seems exactly fine the way it currently stands.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Feb. 18, 2014

IDK guys maybe just ignore the people making dumb posts or explain to them why they're wrong and either way just talk to the people talking sense, I mean it works pretty well for me and in the end is a lot more productive/interesting than the advanced forum is anyway given activity levels right now.

If we were still dealing with a huge influx of new people from a new series or whatever then maybe we could look at something like that but suggesting it now, as things currently are? Honestly you guys know I'm curmudgeonly and egotistical as anyone but generally speaking bar like one or two people who are talking without any appropriate experience, most discussion and posts these days are of really solid quality and deserve discussion and response - I'm as happy as I've ever been with the quality of discussion right now, so I'm not sure what you guys would be after...

I mean I've advocated perhaps a face etc indicating that someone is generally going to be right when answering a question or w/e to help clear things up in AAQGAA/BMAC/Purchase Consultation etc etc but the last thing we need is another separate discussion tier to water things down even further...

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Feb. 18, 2014

(Feb. 18, 2014  2:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:08 AM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: I realize a lot of people including me are guilty of calling the attack type beystadium just the BB-10. I think this could be very misleading for some if someone asks what stadiums are legal for tournament use and if someone answers just the BB-10, they might think they have to purchase it. It's been released in various sets and its not called the BB-10 in those sets ...

I try to correct people as much as possible.

Making another post as I didn't see this but it's important to point out the following:

I'm pretty sure there was an identically named stadium in the plastics era, and some other less similar but still close enough to cause confusion names throughout beyblade, hence the inclusion of (MFB) in its beywiki article.

As such, I actually think calling it BB-10 has less potential for confusion, though MFB Attack Type BeyStadium is not too bad, I worry people will shorten it to "attack type beystadium" which is confusing.

Perhaps not something you'd agree with, Kai-V, but I would generally suggest people sticking with BB-10 and making that page on beywiki a redirect to the article for it, perhaps including some text in the "Available Products" section (which could be renamed "Releases" or something) explaining that while BB-10 was the initial release and a common name for it to avoid confusion with similarly named stadiums, it is available in sets other than BB-10, which was simply the first standalone release of it. I can see this clashing with your desire for people to use the full names but as I see it, this is the most practical solution given the tendency to shorten/abbreviate things is probably not going to just disappear overnight.

RE: Make your suggestions! - [)ragon - Feb. 19, 2014

You guys should add a pop-up window that says "Are you sure you want to change your username?" when you click the "update username" button by accident.

Like, seriously.

RE: Make your suggestions! - RagerBlade - Feb. 21, 2014

I think there should be a WBO All Stars. Since most of the best Bladers come from around to GBT2, there should be a tournament where the best players (such as Bladers in top 50?) can only participate in AN along side GBT2. The winner would then be the WBO all star.

I also think there should be an award where the committee members discuss, who they think has contributed the most (all-around with tournament hosting and online contributions) and you should give them the WBO Most Valuable Blader award. The MVB should get a special face. The MVB should be announced at the end of GBT2 to make it cool.

These are some of my ideas for events this year. Of course it is ultimately up to the committee weather they get considered at all.

RE: Make your suggestions! - 6 God - Feb. 21, 2014

I'd like to see the Top 50 battle, but only according to the BeyRanking system, so no one has their feelings hurt.

There would be a lot of whining over who should be included and whether or not certain members are actually capable, it would just be a lot of drama and members getting upset.