World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Nano - Apr. 06, 2011

you know how you get a email of a new post in a thread you subscribed to? Maybe there should be an option for PMs instead of emails. Say I subscribe to a selling thread, instead of the email saying there's a new post, have it be a PM.

Just a thought I had Uncertain

RE: Make your suggestions! - Pimpju - Apr. 07, 2011

It's pretty easy to check though? I think the point of that function is more for those on the go who need to check their e-mail etc.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Chups - Apr. 07, 2011

With the Masive amounts of SPAM We are getting on the Threads at the Moment In Particular Beyblade General.

I once went into a Forum. (In think it was PokeCommunity and It didn't Let me Post for a Day before I joined up.
I realized after Reading around bored Because I couldn't Post that my Question was Easily Accessible. Therefore When I could post I didn't Post that. Me not Posting that = Less SPAM. Less Thread's Closed.

If that Happened to everyone or even a Half Portion of Ou new Members we would have Significantly Less SPAM.

I believe Newbies shouldn't be Able to Post for 2 Days after they have signed up, When they Sign up Tell them that and Tell them that They should read around Alot and Get a good Understanding of Every Rule on this Site.
I know you tell them to Read them but I think after 2 days They would get Bored and Would read it.

Then we Could lift it after a while and see how it Goes?

Just my 2 Cents.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 07, 2011

Hah, it's funny how far things could(and possibly should) go to reduce spam.
Pretty pathetic, on the Spam-er's behalf.

But the thing is, there's some people that sign up one day, and post their first post a couple days later, even weeks later, and it's still spam.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Pimpju - Apr. 08, 2011

I think it's best to stop new users from creating new threads until they've reached a certain number of posts.

I'm not quite sure how we can tell them to read the rules more than we do now, we have stickied threads, rules at the top of the forum pages, and a personal PM.

At least, not without completely discouraging members from joining.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Apr. 08, 2011

Certainly not allowing people to post upon their registration will make us have significantly less active members. I am certain about that.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Nano - Apr. 08, 2011

Maybe a test for new people. If they pass, they can post. Fail, and they must take it until you make it.

Just my two cents.

There are technical contraints unfortunately. I am not even certain that we could have new members be unable to post new threads for a certain period, as that is what I had been considering.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DARK WOLF WBBA - Apr. 08, 2011

(Apr. 18, 2008  11:34 PM)Ryuuga BB Ruler Wrote: What about a beyblader list like there a list of all the bladers and people got to put there pictures and beyblade that they use and where they live and how old are you and your beyblading rank, What do you guys think. I Think it is a great idea to find people that beyblade in your area

this is a great idea it would be really helpful to me and other people. it will help me find bladers in my area and hard for me to beat!Eee

RE: Make your suggestions! - Chups - Apr. 08, 2011

Yep I understand what you all are saying.

I like Nano's Idea. But I think anything would help.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Deikailo - Apr. 08, 2011

(Apr. 08, 2011  12:09 AM)momiji manju Wrote: I think it's best to stop new users from creating new threads until they've reached a certain number of posts.

I'm not quite sure how we can tell them to read the rules more than we do now, we have stickied threads, rules at the top of the forum pages, and a personal PM.

At least, not without completely discouraging members from joining.
Have a pop-up message every time you post saying "I have read the rules and acknowledge the WBO's terms of service" along with a check box and an accept button. Write it in red so they think they are in trouble for something.

I think that would be highly effective, but it would get on my nerves, I know that's for sure. I think it would also slightly cut down on spam because it takes a little bit longer to post at that point.

Without the face discussion topic, it's really hard to figure out how to get some of the faces. Is it possible to make the description for getting each face a little less vague? It would also be cool to see more faces for other things. Like a world face for battling outside your country or traveling a certain distance in general or being the top blader in your country for a certain period of time. I also thought the glass face was a really cool way to encourage bladers to think outside the box. I was disappointed to see that gone when I came back. Unhappy

The Face descriptions are meant to be cryptic. The goal is not necessarily to target one, but to earn one.

I have no idea why the Glass Face disappeared.

(Apr. 08, 2011  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The Face descriptions are meant to be cryptic. The goal is not necessarily to target one, but to earn one.

I have no idea why the Glass Face disappeared.
According to Bluezee, Brad said the standards to earn it were too vague, but I thought discovering uses for under rated parts and new methods of play was a great way to stimulate the game.

I guess the mentality of that decision was this game is always evolving so discovering uses for every part is natural. Still, if you look at the comments in the customizations forum where I posted L L Drago sw145mf, everyone was like "oh sw145 is useless, go use h145 or r145" and I got better results with sw145. It would be a nice incentive to get people to stop overlooking "garbage" parts and think on their own two feet.

RE: Make your suggestions! - BladeStorm - Apr. 08, 2011

Perhaps update the "What to Buy in MFB" thread to include Basalt Horgium and Hell Kerbecs. Possibly a mention of the Meteo and Perseus URS's because of containing multiple useful parts at an economic price (from Dimsum2u)?

On that note, it should also include Screw Capricorne and Big Bang Pegasis DX Set. Big Bang is useful and so is the RF, 105 and 85 track, stadium, launcher, and grip it comes with. It's probably the best stadium set to come out IMO. I've bought a majority of them, too, if that counts for anything. Screw Capricorne is good for 90 and MF. Purchasing these two along with what BladeStorm mentioned can be enough to dominate a tournament scene provided you know what you're doing...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 08, 2011

screw capricorne you mean.

(Apr. 08, 2011  11:28 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: screw capricorne you mean.
That's totally what I just said.Cool

Remind me to do that in more than a week, as I am too busy with school to concentrate on that.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Delta Bladerâ„¢ - Apr. 14, 2011

Hey, some people here are acting like they are mods (they remind people that "this should be closed" or "I reported this" even though they aren't mods.). Look at the closed threads and you'll see what I mean. Probably they just want to increase their post count. I reviewed the rules and saw nothing about mini-modding there. So, I propose that people will be warned if they mini-mod repeatedly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - X1 - Apr. 14, 2011

(Apr. 14, 2011  7:46 AM)Delta Blader Wrote: Hey, some people here are acting like they are mods (they remind people that "this should be closed" or "I reported this" even though they aren't mods.). Look at the closed threads and you'll see what I mean. Probably they just want to increase their post count. I reviewed the rules and saw nothing about mini-modding there. So, I propose that people will be warned if they mini-mod repeatedly.

What do you mean ? If someone makes wrong thread then someone should post that this thread should be closed, though they must not say that "I have reported you".

I mean that they shoudn't post at a wrong thread because the mods are there to take care of the thread anyways. I'm sure that 99% of the people who do this are just spamming and want to increase their post count. Leave it to the mods to do the job...

RE: Make your suggestions! - X1 - Apr. 14, 2011

(Apr. 14, 2011  7:54 AM)Delta Blader Wrote: I mean that they shoudn't post at a wrong thread because the mods are there to take care of the thread anyways. I'm sure that 99% of the people who do this are just spamming and want to increase their post count. Leave it to the mods to do the job...

Okay, accepted. Buy they should report.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Janstarblast - Apr. 14, 2011

(Apr. 14, 2011  7:54 AM)Delta Blader Wrote: I mean that they shoudn't post at a wrong thread because the mods are there to take care of the thread anyways. I'm sure that 99% of the people who do this are just spamming and want to increase their post count. Leave it to the mods to do the job...

I agree with that, although people must at least inform the thread starter, that what he made is wrong, and we must give a reason(we have a thread similar to this, not required etc..)

(Apr. 14, 2011  8:15 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I agree with that, although people must at least inform the thread starter, that what he made is wrong, and we must give a reason(we have a thread similar to this, not required etc..)

No, the mods are the ones who should take care of the situation. Or at least you can just PM the thread starter. Works better that way, right?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Janstarblast - Apr. 14, 2011

That PM thing is a great idea. And yes, mods should take care of it. Agreed.