World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - RagerBlade - Oct. 26, 2013

I think the WBO should add a chat. I know there's one already, but I want a strictly moderated one. Also more official.

RE: Make your suggestions! - beymaster4444 - Oct. 28, 2013

when is the next compititon im ready but when and where

RE: Make your suggestions! - Leone19 - Oct. 28, 2013

(Oct. 28, 2013  9:18 PM)beymaster4444 Wrote: when is the next compititon im ready but when and where

This is a thread for suggestions about the site- your post doesn't really belong here.

Just take a look over to BeyMap- search your area/state, and maybe you'll find results. If not, you can try organizing your own event.

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Nov. 16, 2013

Would be interesting add a sitemap for a better indexing on search engines Smile
What do you think about this?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Nov. 16, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  11:31 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: Would be interesting add a sitemap for a better indexing on search engines Smile

I believe I already made one, but if you have methods to refine a current sitemap or something, I would definitely be open to hear them.

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Nov. 16, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  3:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2013  11:31 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: Would be interesting add a sitemap for a better indexing on search engines Smile

I believe I already made one, but if you have methods to refine a current sitemap or something, I would definitely be open to hear them.
Surely, MyBB has also some preconfigured plugin to add a sitemap that will automatically updates; So, I assume that them can be very useful, and surely better of a handmade sitemap, if you think that it is a good idea I will let you know which plugin works better Smile
I have also some other idea that can help the wbo grow even more, I have already posted in this thread something but no one read it *cry rotfl*, for example add a Content Delivery Network or let someone create a WBO distro; let me know if you agree and if you need help Smile
We can also fight spam-bot better with the right adjustment Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dragoon. - Nov. 17, 2013

I don't know if i should say it, but can't the WBO do anything about Fake accounts?I saw many people with fake accounts and I guess that affects the site in some way or the other.

So why can't we make a thread asking all the members to post the names of their Fake accounts so the Mods can do something about it?!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cannon - Nov. 17, 2013

(Nov. 17, 2013  11:12 AM)The Dragoon Wrote: I don't know if i should say it, but can't the WBO do anything about Fake accounts?I saw many people with fake accounts and I guess that affects the site in some way or the other.

So why can't we make a thread asking all the members to post the names of their Fake accounts so the Mods can do something about it?!

We can do IP searches to detect fake accounts, so i'm not sure what you are on about .. If you find some then just shoot a message to us and we'll check.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dragoon. - Nov. 17, 2013

(Nov. 17, 2013  11:18 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2013  11:12 AM)The Dragoon Wrote: I don't know if i should say it, but can't the WBO do anything about Fake accounts?I saw many people with fake accounts and I guess that affects the site in some way or the other.

We can do IP searches to detect fake accounts, so i'm not sure what you are on about .. If you find some then just shoot a message to us and we'll check.

Well i just thought having so much Junk would affect the site in some way or the other?! I saw members having Fake accounts and using it for their own purposes(it's just like having many Facebook accounts for accepting their ones own gaming requests!).

RE: Make your suggestions! - C a o S³ - Nov. 17, 2013

(Nov. 17, 2013  11:51 AM)The Dragoon Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2013  11:18 AM)Cannon Wrote:

Well i just thought having so much Junk would affect the site in some way or the other?! I saw members having Fake accounts and using it for their own purposes(it's just like having many Facebook accounts for accepting their ones own gaming requests!).
The IP searches it's totally useless if someone use a proxy, so the best option is to block any proxy but this can create problem during the registration of an user.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cannon - Nov. 17, 2013

Yeah, plus using a 3G device or whatever has a different IP, which is problematic. It's generally easy to detect if the user was previously banned and made another account by their facade, posting style, grammar, etc etc.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Raykon - Nov. 18, 2013

I'm not sure if it has been thought of before but after being on some other forums I've found the notification system pretty useful as it lets you know when someone has replied to you or quoted you. I'm not sure how useful it would be to you guys?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Nov. 18, 2013

(Nov. 18, 2013  5:33 AM)Raykon Wrote: I'm not sure if it has been thought of before but after being on some other forums I've found the notification system pretty useful as it lets you know when someone has replied to you or quoted you. I'm not sure how useful it would be to you guys?

Right now you can subscribe to topics and forums, but I admit that I had found a plugin that let you know whenever your username was mentioned, so that might be more useful.

RE: Make your suggestions! - DRAGON KING - Nov. 21, 2013

Maybe making more detailed tier list, like tornado stall, anti-attack etc.

RE: Make your suggestions! - [)ragon - Nov. 29, 2013

May I suggest issuing a form of agreement for parents to fill out upon confirmation of their child for a tournament (obviously with the exception of independent adult players)?

Criteria for an excuse of attendance:

1. Sickness and/or injury and/or death to/of said competitor or to someone else that requires leave from attendance
2. Unforeseen inability to secure transportation to said event
3. Unforeseen financial situation (IE inability to pay entrance fee)
4. Loss or breakage of equipment required to play
5. Lack of essential information (IE location of said event)
6. Unforeseen scheduling/rescheduling of pressing event requiring leave

These would be "good" reasons to be excused from a tournament after confirming. Anything not on this list would result in some form of consequence, like a warning or a withholding of a paid deposit.

This is a huge problem in some places. For instance, in the plastics tournament after Beyblade Colosseum this year, 10+ people confirmed and the host was the only one who showed up. IN the same way, tournaments have had to be canceled due to the absence of confirmed players.

IMO, there needs to be a clear distinction between "confirmed" and "maybe."

I know this is a long shot, but it would be kinda awesome if it could happen.

RE: Make your suggestions! - 6 God - Nov. 29, 2013

Wouldn't bladers put down themselves as maybes in fear of potential warning if for some unseen reason wasn't able to come.

Then if the host has to many "maybes" they can't get an approved tournament.

RE: Make your suggestions! - [)ragon - Nov. 29, 2013

That's why we have criteria for an excuse. If something unforeseen comes up or something happens and you can't make it that you didn't expect, nothing will happen.

If you just decide to be irresponsible and bail, you reap the consequences.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - Nov. 30, 2013

So I was just thinking about a way to obtain an extra credit from an event. How about giving a credit to people who helped judge at a tournament? After all, they did do more than just participate. Sorry if its been suggested before and turned down.

RE: Make your suggestions! - UGottaCetus - Nov. 30, 2013

Should we be aloud to bump our own draft threads in the Beywiki forum? I seen drafts that people simply don't post on but still need work, and sometimes this results in other members, none the wiser spend time making their own draft for the same Bey, only for their articles to get closed. Even if it wasn't just a post that says "bump" I think it would be a good idea.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Nov. 30, 2013

Build me a combo 3? The 2nd one- incidentally- is longer than the 1st which IIRC is the reason it was locked and a new one was made.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Dec. 01, 2013

(Nov. 30, 2013  11:07 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Build me a combo 3? The 2nd one- incidentally- is longer than the 1st which IIRC is the reason it was locked and a new one was made.

It was actually locked and remade because a post bug started happening, due to the fact that it was a big thread, which made the first post on a new page not be shown until there were at least three on that page.

Technically the problem can be fixed on its own, but it has to be repeated frequently, so it was less of a bother to simply open a new topic.

However, unless that issue happens again and worsens, it is not really necessary to create a new iteration.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kaneki - Dec. 01, 2013

I'm not sure if I should answer, but.............

Tri: I like the sound of it. It could help people learn more about the tournaments and help them make there own.

UGottaCetus: Well, I don't think it'll help. We've got Kai-V too help. If you can see something wrong, just make sure it's right and post a new draft in the topic.

Poseidon: Never mind; It was answered.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Dec. 01, 2013

How about a quick sale thread, if you don't want to make a completely new thread dedicated to selling just one one item just use the quick sale thread to sell them one or two items you may have. The only rules would be to post an image with what you are selling.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Dec. 01, 2013

(Dec. 01, 2013  11:26 AM)Poseidon Wrote: How about a quick sale thread, if you don't want to make a completely new thread dedicated to selling just one one item just use the quick sale thread to sell them one or two items you may have. The only rules would be to post an image with what you are selling.

Even then, it does not mean that someone is interested in buying your Hell Kerbecs BD145DS, so it would never be a quick sale anyway ... If people are interested, they will contact the seller as soon as he or sher creates their selling topic anyway.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Dec. 08, 2013

Maybe there could be an update to the place on your profile where you can put your contact details and such (Homepage, ICQ Number, AIM Screen Name, Yahoo ID, MSN ID).

Partially because hardly anybody uses any of those anymore and also I think MSN shutdown a while ago so. Maybe add something to put your Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr/SnapChat, etc ... ?