World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Bishop - Aug. 29, 2013

I don't know if this is the proper place to bring this up, But i couldn't find a better one.
Some of yall's signatures are HUGE, and its a little disruptive. I think many are over the Size Limit.
Would there be any point in discussing a reduction in signature size?
I'm i the only one this is bugging?

RE: Make your suggestions! - SwitchBlayder - Aug. 29, 2013

The size limit is 500 X 200 pixels. If it goes over that than a mod will be alerted and take it down.

(Aug. 29, 2013  2:08 AM)Switchblad3r Wrote: The size limit is 500 X 200 pixels. If it goes over that than a mod will be alerted and take it down.

Thank you for your response, I have red the forum rules and understand them clearly. but a reminder never hurts Smile

I think the real problem in my eyes is the tendency of some uses to add large
LINKS
Underneath the signature art, this reflectively increases the signature length far past 200 pixels.
Also, some member may not know much about pixel size. possibly there signatures wrong.
My underlying point is that i have seen a lot of incorrectly sized signature art. (it would be a shame for me to go around reporting people who don't know better) is that what i should resort to?
I would be happy to help re size anyone signature!
Pm me

RE: Make your suggestions! - SwitchBlayder - Aug. 29, 2013

(Aug. 29, 2013  3:06 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2013  2:08 AM)Switchblad3r Wrote: The size limit is 500 X 200 pixels. If it goes over that than a mod will be alerted and take it down.

Thank you for your response, I have red the forum rules and understand them clearly. but a reminder never hurts Smile

I think the real problem in my eyes is the tendency of some uses to add large
LINKS
Underneath the signature art, this reflectively increases the signature length far past 200 pixels.
Also, some member may not know much about pixel size. possibly there signatures wrong.
My underlying point is that i have seen a lot of incorrectly sized signature art. (it would be a shame for me to go around reporting people who don't know better) is that what i should resort to?
I would be happy to help re size anyone signature!
Pm me
I see where you are going with this and have to agree. Maybe we should make it clear that text underneath your picture or whatever you have in your signature takes up space as well, so if your sig has a dimension of 500X200 then you cannot put anything below it.
I know this because when I started I made the same mistake. That is why my pic is 500X150

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Aug. 29, 2013

I make it very clear to everyone that the size limit includes everything in a signature, not just the pictures. I also do verify by eye whether a signature is over the limit or not, since I have worked in graphics for probably a decade now and can tell that easily.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kujikato - Aug. 29, 2013

Which is why I switched to using 300x100 signatures with everything else in spoilers, ahahhaa.

But yeah, should we just report them?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cannon - Aug. 29, 2013

Is it that much of a problem if it's about 10 or so pixels above though ..? That would be pointless.

(Aug. 29, 2013  11:22 PM)Cannon Wrote: Is it that much of a problem if it's about 10 or so pixels above though ..? That would be pointless.

Pointless, I'm not sure.
I suppose it is a matter of opinion whether or not the current signature format visually clutters the page.
The truth is, most members who's sizes are incorrect are off by 20-30 px , as a single line of txt adds 16 px. On a page with 20+ posts those extra pixels add up quickly
No matter, it looks as though i am the only one concerned and the admins seem to think they have a handle on the situation. All i can do personally is grit my teeth and hold my tongue.
Ill keep hitting that report button though.

RE: Make your suggestions! - *Ginga* - Aug. 29, 2013

Yo, it is only measured by image size.

IMO 500x200 is a little big.

RE: Make your suggestions! - TimeOut - Sep. 01, 2013

Quote:Not a suggestion so kind of more of just a thought, there really isn't much to do on forums in general (not just the wbo) once you've read everything and responded to everything you can contribute to. Has there ever been any consideration for a weekly trivia quiz or something along those lines just to give members something to do? Not for a prize or anything...
any more specific ideas as to what we could do? See previous discussion in wbo random thoughts thread

RE: Make your suggestions! - SwitchBlayder - Sep. 01, 2013

^I think a quiz would be awesome I also like this idea-
(Sep. 01, 2013  3:32 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Quizzes would be cool. I know the WBO committee isn't a big fan of the idea, but I think some sort of chat group would be fun.

RE: Make your suggestions! - The Supreme One - Sep. 01, 2013

Not so much trivia, but maybe users could be encouraged to make their own quizzes & WBO could approve legitimate ones for the community to take. It would be cool if it were possible for members to have a ranking somehow, based on the number of questions they answer correctly... like they do on Fanpop (but again, legitimate quizzes).

RE: Make your suggestions! - Phantom Indo - Sep. 05, 2013

I've been looking where to put this, and this seems legit.. But I was thinking someone should pm some WBO up near Seattle and Portland and think about a frontier tournament. Something that maybe included both states, and maybe a bigger event then that. I was wanting something like a strawberry festival or something but for Beyblading. Food, Music, Meet & Greet area, and a competition dish for public view or something. These things normally take a ton of planning and people but I know that only WBO can discuss these things so i was hoping you'd think it over Joyful_3. I notice a lot of WBO up here are inactive so maybe this wont happen anytime soon, but i thought it'd be cool to discuss 2013 Beyblade Events for the North West Coast of USA, seeing as how we haven't been active up here with Beyblading in about a year. I know i'm probably just wishing, but I feel alone.. lol

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - Sep. 20, 2013

I think that under our avatars, we should have profile fields for out favorite beyblade and location like we would see viewing our profiles. Is most want to see location.

The reason I'd want this is because that way it could simpler to see where a blader is from. We could then see if they might live close to where we love which could help with getting in touch with people about tournaments. We wouldn't have to check their profiles just to see.

This is just my opinion. Sorry if its worded bad, I'm very tired.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 20, 2013

Additional profile information in the postbit is something traditional on forums, so I believe it was intentional to clean up the postbits here and leave as few content as possible, in order to make space look less busy and more 'relaxing'.

Additionally, wouldn't viewing the BeyMap be a much more efficient way to determine who lives close to you in a simple click ?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dual - Sep. 20, 2013

Well, not everyone is on beymap, but I do agree the lack of other informational bits under the user title makes everything more relaxing, so to speak.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 20, 2013

Hey, I do basically everything I can to invite everyone to add themselves on the BeyMap, and it is mentioned in the welcoming private message now, but each and every other Member also needs to do their part too.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dual - Sep. 20, 2013

I know, I didn't mean to make my post seem like I didn't think you or the committee was doing the job, I'm just saying not every single person will be registered on beymap for various reasons not in the committees control.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 21, 2013

I did not want my comment to be pejorative either. However, if we all just do our parts, I am convinced we could get all the reliable, active, worthwhile Bladers registered on the BeyMap. People who post can be reached, hah.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dual - Sep. 29, 2013

After the large outbreak of oversized signatures lately, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Perhaps instead of deleting someone's signature altogether, perhaps put it in spoilers and write "signature was too large, read the rules." There may be certain circumstances in which deleting someone's signature means it's lost forever, but by simply putting it in spoilers it gets the point across, carries out the rule, and keeps work from being lost.

Just an idea.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tri - Sep. 29, 2013

I like that idea to, especially if it has a lot of coding and stuff.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cannon - Sep. 29, 2013

I believe I did that for one person when it seemed as if his/her signature took a lot of effort for coding.

But I think removing it will teach them a lesson: to read the rules, despite it not being clear.

I don't think that's completely fair. Someone may be oblivious to the exact length of their text, or they may have misread the rules, etc.
As long as they know they are breaking the rules, the lesson is learned, right?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Cannon - Sep. 29, 2013

There was someone in particular in which completely ignored the notice I put up on his, twice - so a warning was issued.

I'll try that approach the next times and see what will happen if you guys would like.

That's be great, thanks!