World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Synth - Jul. 16, 2012

I noticed this problem on the creation forum, so I want to suggest something:
Can we AT LEAST limit the Signature request of a person on a shop? like, after one request a sig, the other day he gets another one FROM THE SAME GUY.

I've seen people requesting 7 per week, everyday is way too much. Its kinda hard to see people suffer by this, so can we change it a bit? like 3 sigs per month or something?

Just a suggestion Grin

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jul. 16, 2012

Alternatively, instead of altering the forum software to accommodate a signature change limit ...

You can report someone who is excessively requesting in signature shops (like every day a new request in a different shop or something), and that way the mods can decide whether this is "excessive requesting" or not.

Just an idea.

But the "Your Creations" forum is kinda in ruins :\

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jul. 16, 2012

Altering the software? Why are you making it such a big deal? Nowhere did NoXthin say anything about altering software.. Why don't you just make a rule for those sections and warn people when the disobey.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Synth - Jul. 16, 2012

I'm not talking about a plug-in. it's suppose to be a lesson for people: "Be contended on what you want"

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jul. 16, 2012

(Jul. 16, 2012  11:22 AM)Ultra Wrote: Altering the software? Why are you making it such a big deal? Nowhere did NoXthin say anything about altering software.. Why don't you just make a rule for those sections and warn people when the disobey.

Whoops, doing two things at once is bad for you. I was trying to change the theme on a board by altering the default settings when I posted this. I thought he meant that you could "actually not be able to change your signature in a month".

RE: Make your suggestions! - Justaway - Jul. 16, 2012

(Jul. 16, 2012  3:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: India is an important part of this community, and, around the summer, you and others certainly host enough tournaments to prove that. I just wish Indian customs were not so stupid.
The main problem is, we are not able to host tournaments on a regular basis. We only get the Diwali and Summer vacations for hosting events. And between these two is a huge gap of 6 months. Now, in this time span it is very easy for any member we have to quit beyblading. Moreover, since we get events almost once or twice in 6 months, we try our best to make the most out of it. Hence, we end up having 2 or 3 events a day and having ourselves exhausted. I even understand that it isn't anyone's 'fault' either that we are unable to host events regularly. But, yeah, unless we have regular events in place of too many at a time, the Indian community will remain on the verge of dying at any moment.

(Jul. 16, 2012  9:36 AM)ashton pinto Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2012  5:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If you trust somebody in your area (N0body, for example), then nothing stops you from asking him to buy you something from dimsum2u or anywhere else online.
N0body Wrote:BTW, it is better if you set up your own Paypal account instead of asking me to do it this time. A paypal account would mean that you can independently buy things and you can also be the host by having access to Paypal account. I will guide you on how to make the paypal account if required.
its not his fault, just that parents don't trust anything online, so many bladers are limited to buying online
Well ashton, its not my parents either. In general, it is better to be independent and buy on your own than depend on others for help. Buying online is riskier here I agree, but hey, it is certainly not useless. And it is surely worth the try. So, yeah, in order to make you used to buying online, I thought of helping you set up your own Paypal account rather than making you dependent on me. Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Uwik - Jul. 16, 2012

It's much easier for designers to decline requests after getting too many, rather than enforcing rules. Surely, you guys can work it out among yourselves about the number of acceptable requests and look out for one another.

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jul. 17, 2012

apart from the 4D Invasion In India tactic,in which,some part went ''unnoticed'',
i had a suggestion to make
apart from the credits and face that you give away,why not do something good for passports?
i mean,
the expiry for passport is one year.
so,if someone gets a gold-face
increase passport time by 3 weeks
silver face-2 weeks
bronze face-1 week
this'll be something you should consider

RE: Make your suggestions! - Justaway - Jul. 17, 2012

That way Legend Relic's passport would never expire XD

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jul. 17, 2012

not necessary though
yeah,but with 20 gold faces,he'll get one year more!
Nobody-seeing your current profile,you have 5 gold faces
that is
5 x 3=15 weeks
15 x 7=105 days
that means you'll have the passport time for another tournament
and yeah,i'm not asking to give StarZ like you-know-which-organization

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jul. 17, 2012

It is just ten dollars, and we hold monthly giveaways exclusively for Passport Holders now ...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jul. 17, 2012

Also if you go to many tournaments then you're saving a lot of money. I find your suggestion distasteful. They could take it away and we'd all be spending a lot more money.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Galaxy - Jul. 22, 2012

Now that the "Plastic & HMS Remembrance Day" is finished, I would give some suggestions for the next time Smile

To be honest, even if I've organized everything and it was one of the most beautiful event of the year, we've had some problems:

First of all, I think that this event deserve a better spot in the community's priorities. What I'm saying is that it's quite hard here to find 8 entrants that desire to play with Plastics and it is more difficult on the 22nd of July for a lot of reasons:

1. The hobby shop where I usually organise my events is closed from the second week of July until the 3rd of August. It means that in Naples we don't have a venue.
You can think: but can't you play in a park or similar? Well, it's quite hard to play under the sun with 33-38 degrees. Parents would be very unhappy of that.

2. To have 8 confirmed entrants and a good venue, me and a couple of guys of my team have been forced to go in Aprilia. It means we spent 30 EUR in trains to arrive there.

3. Why the Sunday? Even if I had had 8 confirmed entrants, our venue in Naples would have been closed, because it's open from Monday until Saturday. Also, I've found a lot of problems with trains because on Sunday the number of interregional trains - the cheapest - is lower, and this means that we had to run the events quite fast. I've felt a lot of pressure.

4. Lots of Bladers are on holiday in these period and it means that our tournaments are poorer of entrants Confused

I think that the best period to play for us is from January to June, both for the weather and the number of entrants, and please give everyone the chance to play on Saturday xD
I think that the best thing is to do as you do for the Beydays. The organizers have the chance to decide the best day for their community!

That said, thanks for the great chance you of the Committee gave us, and thank you everyone to make this day history! Plastic & HMS Rules!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jul. 22, 2012

At least your tournament happened. I couldn't find enough people interested in plastics. Also the Sunday was just because some of the Mods couldn't do the other days.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Galaxy - Jul. 22, 2012

(Jul. 22, 2012  10:43 PM)Ultra Wrote: At least your tournament happened. I couldn't find enough people interested in plastics.

Ah, that's sad Crying ... I'm sorry Crying

However, yes and we had fun. But, as organiser, I've found a lot of problems, that with some good changes could be disappear to make the life easier for everyone Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 22, 2012  10:38 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Now that the "Plastic & HMS Remembrance Day" is finished, I would give some suggestions for the next time Smile

To be honest, even if I've organized everything and it was one of the most beautiful event of the year, we've had some problems:

First of all, I think that this event deserve a better spot in the community's priorities. What I'm saying is that it's quite hard here to find 8 entrants that desire to play with Plastics and it is more difficult on the 22nd of July for a lot of reasons:

1. The hobby shop where I usually organise my events is closed from the second week of July until the 3rd of August. It means that in Naples we don't have a venue.
You can think: but can't you play in a park or similar? Well, it's quite hard to play under the sun with 33-38 degrees. Parents would be very unhappy of that.

2. To have 8 confirmed entrants and a good venue, me and a couple of guys of my team have been forced to go in Aprilia. It means we spent 30 EUR in trains to arrive there.

3. Why the Sunday? Even if I had had 8 confirmed entrants, our venue in Naples would have been closed, because it's open from Monday until Saturday. Also, I've found a lot of problems with trains because on Sunday the number of interregional trains - the cheapest - is lower, and this means that we had to run the events quite fast. I've felt a lot of pressure.

4. Lots of Bladers are on holiday in these period and it means that our tournaments are poorer of entrants Confused

I think that the best period to play for us is from January to June, both for the weather and the number of entrants, and please give everyone the chance to play on Saturday xD
I think that the best thing is to do as you do for the Beydays. The organizers have the chance to decide the best day for their community!

That said, thanks for the great chance you of the Committee gave us, and thank you everyone to make this day history! Plastic & HMS Rules!

For almost everyone else, January to May-June is just impossible, because of school and the weather where they live.

So, otherwise, what I understand from your suggestion is that it would be better if it were a Saturday, and if it were earlier in July ?

We understand that it would be better to offer both days of the weekend, but frankly, there was just not that much interest this year, regardless of the fact that it was scheduled on a Sunday. I am really not certain Perth and London could have gathered enough people only if it had been a Saturday, even ... If there were a lot more interest, then opening both days of the weekend might be OK.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Galaxy - Jul. 23, 2012

Hello!

Ok, I have some other questions after your answers Tongue_out

1. Could you explain me the weather problems in other countries? Just to clarify: I've suggested January - June because I always see a lot of interest in tournaments between February and May, which is also the month when Beydays are. In June, in Italy, guys finish school... so it could be another good month for us, but I don't know for the others! Anyway, for Italy it is good from the second week of September to the last of June\first of July. Our main problems are in July and August. I suggested from January to June because I thought it was good for everyone seeing the numbers of entrants in Beydays Tongue_out... But for us, in those months is always good!

2. Then, I completely understand that maybe open to the Saturday wouldn't have raised up the interest, but it assure more choice to us organizers. I mean, if no one of my team would have come with me, I had no or little points to travel alone spending 30 EUR (about 50$) to organise a tournament. So, we, as Italy, have risked to drop this event. If the next here will happen the same situation, I can't assure that all of us can do the same thing of this year, because of that problem, and it would have been quite sad because I had 10 and 12 entrants even with a lot of guys on holiday and with those problems. It means that all of us are really interested Grin
Also, a full week-end should ensure to us, organizers, to be less pressured. I mean, try to think if I had had a wedding on Sunday, we would have not played.. in this moment I'm the only organizer here in Italy.. Confused

Thanks!

RE: Make your suggestions! - K!d Death - Jul. 25, 2012

I have a suggestion.Maybe there could be a chat option betwen buddies.So a conversation doesn't spam a thread or something

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Jul. 25, 2012

(Jul. 25, 2012  8:21 PM)Ultimate Wizard Wrote: I have a suggestion.Maybe there could be a chat option betwen buddies.So a conversation doesn't spam a thread or something

http://worldbeyblade.org/private.php

Instant messaging takes discussion out of threads, and has been mentioned before; we have no plans to implement a chat function at all.

RE: Make your suggestions! - K!d Death - Jul. 25, 2012

(Jul. 25, 2012  8:41 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2012  8:21 PM)Ultimate Wizard Wrote: I have a suggestion.Maybe there could be a chat option betwen buddies.So a conversation doesn't spam a thread or something

http://worldbeyblade.org/private.php

Instant messaging takes discussion out of threads, and has been mentioned before; we have no plans to implement a chat function at all.
Thanks,but I was thinking of something that was quicker,but this'll do.

RE: Make your suggestions! - beybladetiggy - Jul. 26, 2012

How about you pay about $1.50 to get unlimited messaging.I really hate when you delete your messages that could have been important and also a new group called elite blader.They can delete threads they have created.You also pay about $2 dollars for the upgrade.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jul. 26, 2012

(Jul. 26, 2012  12:47 AM)LeonX13 Wrote: How about you pay about $1.50 to get unlimited messaging.I really hate when you delete your messages that could have been important and also a new group called elite blader.They can delete threads they have created.You also pay about $2 dollars for the upgrade.

The stupidity behind these ideas confound me beyond limit >_<

These might reduce ammount of job done by moderators e.g reviewing reported posts that a person could have deleted himself.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jul. 26, 2012

(Jul. 26, 2012  12:49 AM)LeonX13 Wrote: These might reduce ammount of job done by moderators e.g reviewing reported posts that a person could have deleted himself.

No, the WBO will not entrust the deleting of posts to any member.

(Jul. 26, 2012  12:48 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2012  12:47 AM)LeonX13 Wrote: How about you pay about $1.50 to get unlimited messaging.I really hate when you delete your messages that could have been important and also a new group called elite blader.They can delete threads they have created.You also pay about $2 dollars for the upgrade.

The stupidity behind these ideas confound me beyond limit >_<
The stupidity behind you is unimaginable.People like you are such a disgrace to the human race.Always pestimistic and never thinking what will happen tommorow. Am sure u are regreting saying that here haaa.You have spended two weeks of your life here doing nothing other than having negative opinions about other people ideas.