World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 29, 2012

(Jun. 29, 2012  2:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No, it can now be done by me, and I think it is very observable that I do my best.

Definitely.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ingulit - Jun. 29, 2012

Just to throw this out there, I could certainly nitpick and edit drafts to make sure they're Beywiki ready if you guys need help; lord knows I've already gone through every single one, and I would like to say my grammar and formatting ability is up to par. I was planning on writing a few myself, but until then I'd love to help any way I can.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 29, 2012

Sure, you can start by taking basically any draft that is not already on Beywiki and that I have not already approached.

The edits include, of course, grammatical mistakes, good syntax for a better comprehension, but you also need to see whether everything that can be said about a part is said, and whether everything that is written needs further explanation or not. If you can provide those additions yourself, go ahead and do it, but otherwise you generally ask for them.

You should also try to put all your edits in bold.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2012

I've explained my reasons for not picking up that work yet, and am focussing upon that now, however the small amount of work Kei does in comparison to the amount of effort others put into drafts, and then the amount of time spent waiting for him to do his relatively minor job, is ridiculous. I'm sure if he has the time out from not-fulfilling-his-responsibilities-to-beywiki-and-the-forum-as-a-whole he'll rebuke this, but in the end he does less work than most of the people who contribute to the articles, a slight tweak here and there - maybe even rewrite an old article, something most of us have done many times over, and claim that justifies his position. In addition to this, he has discouraged writers and set needless restrictions on the project as a whole, because he's simply not capable of doing the job as it should be done - and as I've said before, nor is any single person, no matter how thorough their understanding of the topic.

Everything barring the above that needs to be said so far has, and I would rather focus on actually writing articles either for beywiki or for the other things I do than discussing "the Kei issue" (or any such "drama") in any depth again, where it is not necessary to do so, but I figure it's an appropriate time to get those thoughts off my chest. Apologies for any ill-feeling it may cause, but I like to be honest about my feelings on issues that, like this one, mean a fair bit to me.

I can absolutely do that, though I'm going to shy away from anything other than MFB or Zero-G (and even then, I only know about Zero-G's use in BB-10s); I don't play enough plastics or HMS to even pretend I know enough for Beywiki's standards. If it's MFB, I'll be all over it.

If I come across a bey that doesn't have a draft yet, I'll get one put up. How are the Zero-G pieces being approached, and are we supposed to now include how pieces from the early MFB series perform in the Zero-G stadiums?

Ingulit Wrote:If I come across a bey that doesn't have a draft yet, I'll get one put up. How are the Zero-G pieces being approached, and are we supposed to now include how pieces from the early MFB series perform in the Zero-G stadiums?

I write stubs for all new Beyblades, but there are no serious articles on Zero-G on Beywiki yet. Primal wrote a Pirates Orojya draft, but that is it.

Of course, for all parts, we should talk about how they do in both universes, but I do not necessarily think that the older pieces have thoroughly been tested in Zero-G Stadiums yet.

I can make sure all the information about any given bey's performance in BB-10s is covered in a draft, but I'll leave the Zero-G information to someone else that has actually tested with the stadium. Once I get back from a Smash tournament on Saturday I'll start digging through the Beywiki forum and updating any drafts not currently published.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Lai White Tiger - Jun. 29, 2012

(Jun. 29, 2012  2:17 AM)Insomniac Wrote: OK, so really all we need is some people to finalize drafts more.
Like me ._. if you wait that beyblade i bought get here, i'll do some articles of plastics beywiki...

(Jun. 29, 2012  8:32 AM)Lai White Tiger Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2012  2:17 AM)Insomniac Wrote: OK, so really all we need is some people to finalize drafts more.
Like me ._. if you wait that beyblade i bought get here, i'll do some articles of plastics beywiki...

Not sure what you mean exactly but yeah, if there aren't any articles on the Beyblade, by all means start a draft. But we do require a high-standard of Beyblade knowledge and excellent grammar+syntax when it comes to writing articles. Not sure what language you will be writing the articles in but from what I can see, your English is not adequate (no offense).

Oh, by the way Kai-V...the last post feature is now functional. Thanks for debugging that Smile

Thank Odin.

(Jun. 29, 2012  3:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Thank Odin.

Okay, thank you Odin and Kai-V.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Lai White Tiger - Jun. 29, 2012

(Jun. 29, 2012  3:31 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2012  8:32 AM)Lai White Tiger Wrote:

your English is not adequate
._. Ok....Crying

Fine, that might've come off as a bit harsh. So I'll explain what I meant.

I am saying that your current posts in this thread are not displaying a very high level of English grammar+syntax. If you intend to write an article like this, no no.

I don't know where you stand with your english capabilities. You could very well be using a less formal "internet" form of english here. If you have ever talked to me on facebook, you would think that I am a perma- high six year old whose shift key is jammed. But here, I tend to lean towards the more "proffesional" level of english.

So all in all, we'll never know how good of a writer you are until you submit a draft!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jul. 08, 2012

Considering how Hasbro aren't releasing the proper 4D beys for the next one maybe you the next prize rewards should have some Takara and Sonokong 4D beys? Also maybe think a bit more about what should be on it? Or ask members? Burning Claw Fang Leone and Susanow Eclipse aren't cool at all especially now that eclipse is released by hasbro. And maybe some more of them since with the amount of the members here they run out quickly. Also yes I release this sounds selfish but it would make it better.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jul. 08, 2012

Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver. is not cool ? Also, even though Hasbro did have a regular release of Bakushin Susanow 90WF Luna Eclipse Ver., as usual, stock varies a lot from city to city, and I personally find that it is one of the coolets recolours.

Yes, though, we can try to give away more real 4D Beyblades, since they seem to be a luxury now.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jul. 08, 2012

I definitely agree on sticking more 4d blades in the blader rewards, it'd reward hasbro bladers for persevering and encourage them to attend tournaments and of course, let them get good beyblades instead of 20 different varieties of Metal System Escolpio.

Something else I was mulling over, just an idea, but seeing as we don't really have enough people testing things these days, a face specifically for people consistently providing lots of good, reliable, helpful testing would help encourage it. I know it's part of getting veteran status, but that has other requirements, and we do really, really need more people to test stuff. Obviously, it may exacerbate issues with people posting forged results, hopefully though, with more people testing, irregular results would be weeded out (though it doesn't stop copycatting, and finding a practical way to weed that out might be an issue).

(Jul. 08, 2012  3:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver. is not cool ? Also, even though Hasbro did have a regular release of Bakushin Susanow 90WF Luna Eclipse Ver., as usual, stock varies a lot from city to city, and I personally find that it is one of the coolets recolours.

Yes, though, we can try to give away more real 4D Beyblades, since they seem to be a luxury now.

The fact that it's not completely red is the main reason why for me. I guess it matters less since Hasbro have released a red W105RF but still. Clearly it's not as cool as Wing Pegasis S130RB since you had more of those to begin with and those are gone and those two aren't even though they cost less. Also personally i'd advise you to stay away from MW prizes like the limited Fang Leone one. I'd much rather have a whole beyblade than a recoloured metal wheel however rare it is. Also I know that the Hell Kerbecs recolour never sent them out or something but why haven't you guys just bought them from another seller? Buzztoy has some and is a very reputable seller.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Jul. 08, 2012

(Jul. 08, 2012  3:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver. is not cool ? Also, even though Hasbro did have a regular release of Bakushin Susanow 90WF Luna Eclipse Ver., as usual, stock varies a lot from city to city, and I personally find that it is one of the coolets recolours.

In addition, there are areas of the world (like India) where 4D (and Zero-G) beys seem to be completely unavailable. It would be nice (and interesting) to see the Blader Rewards begin to transform those metagames through the introduction of competitive parts that would otherwise not exist there.

RE: Make your suggestions! - BattleLion - Jul. 08, 2012

(Jul. 08, 2012  4:59 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:

In addition, there are areas of the world (like India) where 4D (and Zero-G) beys seem to be completely unavailable. It would be nice (and interesting) to see the Blader Rewards begin to transform those metagames through the introduction of competitive parts that would otherwise not exist there.

Yeah, No one in Pakistan even know about Zero-G... They are unavailable... They are not being watched on any channel..

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jul. 08, 2012

No, seriously ? Zero-G is only out in Japan, what were you expecting ?

(Jul. 08, 2012  4:59 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Do you mean as opposed to countries with anime shops that sell them or not have Hasbro available to them? Or that they can't be shipped to that country for some reason?

RE: Make your suggestions! - BattleLion - Jul. 08, 2012

(Jul. 08, 2012  6:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, seriously ? Zero-G is only out in Japan, what were you expecting ?

I was expecting that it might be in USA or China... ???!

In a year or two years there will probablyl be a worldwide release by Hasbro but till then only in Asia.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jul. 10, 2012

If its not too much of a hassle, I think adding the official play rulebook (or a link to it) under the help section somewhere would be good.

Another thing that would be semi-helpful: (Click to View)
The second thing is a maybe(just a lame suggestion), but the first I would really like to see.

If the rulebook is already somewhere in the help section, and I couldn't find it ... lol-stupid me.

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jul. 10, 2012

Arupaeo-well said!
the lack of competitive parts in India makes us fall behind bladers from other countries.you won't believe it but the metal masters season ended last saturday! Galaxy Heart was the episode-now,there's no news about metal fight/fury.if they air metal masters again like from episode 27 to 52,metal fury beys will arrive next year Unhappy
also,i had a suggestion.why not send our member special codes.the codes have to be typed before posting.wrong code doesn't allow to post.this way hacking
oops,ran out of characters-
this way hacking into someone's account won't be effective.remember what happened in coldfacekiller's case Kai-V?someone sitting close to his PC posted using his account and he got banned.now he has taken an oath never to touch beyblades
Speechless