World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Lai White Tiger - Jun. 27, 2012

You'd must take into account the plastic beyblades.
for example in italian translation, a lot of plastic beyblade are missing. i'm doing my best to translate it, but when a beyblades like wolbrog 4, driger g draciel g dragoon hms, seaborg, wyborg etc. are missing, i can't do anythink. For and old school lover like me this is not good... Crying
So i say, complete the list of plastics beyblades Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jun. 27, 2012

Um you say that as if it's an easy task. One th!nk isn't motivated atm, two we have very few people with enough knowledge and thirdly and most important the wiki is very inefficient due to Kei. Also two of the articles you said there are actually made.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 28, 2012

So you guys gonna actually make the "last post" feature purposeful anytime soon?
Or is it another MyBB default to refresh the page?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 28, 2012

(Jun. 28, 2012  4:23 AM)Insomniac Wrote: So you guys gonna actually make the "last post" feature purposeful anytime soon?

What do you mean ? Are you referring to the "Last 5 Posts" section in the side bar ?

(Jun. 28, 2012  4:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2012  4:23 AM)Insomniac Wrote: So you guys gonna actually make the "last post" feature purposeful anytime soon?

What do you mean ? Are you referring to the "Last 5 Posts" section in the side bar ?

Yeah on the main page side bar. Where it says "last post" : *username here*.
When you click on "last post" it refreshes the page, doesn't go to the last post of that thread.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 28, 2012

Odin was supposed to be working on it, and he claimed to have seen it operational somewhere, but he has not given me advice on how to fix it yet.

RE: Make your suggestions! - BattleLion - Jun. 28, 2012

I suggestion that Admin should also organize a tournament in which non-passport holder can also participate..

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Jun. 28, 2012

Non-passport Holders can attend any event. They need only pay a $5 entry fee.

A passport holder pays $10 and can enter any number of events in a single year. If you go to more than two events a year, a passport is a better deal.

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jun. 28, 2012

(Jun. 28, 2012  6:23 AM)BattleLion Wrote: I suggestion that Admin should also organize a tournament in which non-passport holder can also participate..

you don't need to be a passport holder in order to go to tournaments-just pay $5
purchase passport for $10.
you don't have to pay in dollars but the converted price of your currency
for example,in India,1 dollar equals 56 rupees
so 10 dollars equals 560 rupees
and yeah,admins don't organize a tournament-it is the mighty effort of 8 or more bladers to make a tournament

RE: Make your suggestions! - Lai White Tiger - Jun. 28, 2012

(Jun. 27, 2012  10:51 PM)Ultra Wrote: Um you say that as if it's an easy task. One th!nk isn't motivated atm, two we have very few people with enough knowledge and thirdly and most important the wiki is very inefficient due to Kei. Also two of the articles you said there are actually made.

who is kei?! XD

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jun. 28, 2012

Er he's the one in charge of the wiki.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jun. 28, 2012

Lai White Tiger, how much do you actually know about how the wiki is written, run and so on?
I'll give you a quick run-through - though this takes time away from the three plastic drafts I'm currently working on. I'll try to keep from ranting too much and stick to the facts.

The wiki is made up of user submissions, from the Beywiki subforum here. For an article to be created for a beyblade, users must have written a draft of suitable quality there, then it must be checked by Kei (or another committee member when his sub-par work ethic becomes unbearable), for plastics, this is the primary delay.

This means that unless someone is writing drafts for a beyblade, there's not going to be an article for that beyblade. As there are only three or four people who contribute plastics drafts - and only a handful more who contribute to plastics discussion of any kind - articles aren't written fast.

Furthermore, many writers have become dispirited by Kei's lack of interest in the pre-MFB gen parts of beywiki - under the pretense of them "not being a priority".

Either way, I haven't seen you contributing anything to the main community's plastics discussions or the like, so you're really not in any position to be complaining.

(Jun. 28, 2012  2:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Lai White Tiger, how much do you actually know about how the wiki is written, run and so on?
I'll give you a quick run-through - though this takes time away from the three plastic drafts I'm currently working on. I'll try to keep from ranting too much and stick to the facts.

The wiki is made up of user submissions, from the Beywiki subforum here. For an article to be created for a beyblade, users must have written a draft of suitable quality there, then it must be checked by Kei (or another committee member when his sub-par work ethic becomes unbearable), for plastics, this is the primary delay.

This means that unless someone is writing drafts for a beyblade, there's not going to be an article for that beyblade. As there are only three or four people who contribute plastics drafts - and only a handful more who contribute to plastics discussion of any kind - articles aren't written fast.

Furthermore, many writers have become dispirited by Kei's lack of interest in the pre-MFB gen parts of beywiki - under the pretense of them "not being a priority".

Either way, I haven't seen you contributing anything to the main community's plastics discussions or the like, so you're really not in any position to be complaining.
THis thread is named "make your suggestion" or i read it wrong?
mine was only a suggestion, and i don't know how the Beywiki articles are made.

Now, i buy a lot a plastics beyblade and i will do some articles about Wyborg or Driger G etc.

i'll try to do my best to improve the wiki... but you'd don't get mad if someone beginner make a suggestions...

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jun. 28, 2012

It is named make your suggestions, however, it is expected you actually understand the topic you are talking about before posting about it - not just here, but on the forum as a whole.

Now i know it, thanks to you, big man

RE: Make your suggestions! - Galaxy - Jun. 28, 2012

(Jun. 28, 2012  2:26 PM)Lai White Tiger Wrote: Now i know it, thanks to you, big man

Sorry guys... but:
Lai, a lot of us in the Italian sub-forum said you that you're quite rude.
This is a Thread that you can use to make suggestions; you should suggest something new.
Your post was only a way to say that we're too lazy to do something that you really want.
People have their real life, no one is here to write articles for you. Also, as th!nk said, Kei isn't really interested in approving Plastics' articles.
The only thing you can do to improve Beywiki is to translate in Italian all the articles you want to read in our language, but I've already seen that your translation aren't so good, so please.. stop with this behaviour.

Thanks and sorry for my OT!

La traduzione è stata corretta, passa a vederla se vuoi, e poi hai ragione, nessuno ha voglia di scrivere articoli e perdere tempo per altre persone, credo di essere uno dei pochi fessi che vogliono farlo.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Galaxy - Jun. 28, 2012

(Jun. 28, 2012  2:42 PM)Lai White Tiger Wrote: La traduzione è stata corretta, passa a vederla se vuoi, e poi hai ragione, nessuno ha voglia di scrivere articoli e perdere tempo per altre persone, credo di essere uno dei pochi fessi che vogliono farlo.

Lai, stop your OT and remember that here you can only speak in English, this isn't our Forum.
No one can understand you in Itaian here.

Our task is to help others, expecially new members, but you're having a bad behaviour with all of us. Try to wait, and you'll see that you'll see that things will go on better.
Personally, I wrote a lot of Plastics' articles, all of them are in the Beywiki section from more than one year, and no one replied me saying if I could write them on Beywiki or not. But it's not important, I know that I've done my best for the community, and I understand if a person is busy. I've never complained about this.

I've seen your correction, but it's full of other errors that I'll fix tonight (hope to have a couple of minutes to do it).

Now, please, stop or you'll be warned again.

Ok.

Well it seems as though the BeyWiki needs some revamping to be done. First off, the plastic section should indeed be top priority because there are fewer people who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to Plastics+HMS. MFB has a larger writing audience because now more people have access to them.

Also, I think we should change the system of publishing on the BeyWiki. From what I understand, right now it is as follows:

>Random member creates a new thread+writes draft
>Members edit
>Kei gives final approval and publishes the article on the BeyWiki

(I hope I got that right).

I know you guys would never let normal members publish on the BeyWiki because it is simply not a good idea. However, since Kei hasn't really been publishing articles as fast as they need to be. I propose a new format.

>Random member creates new thread+draft
>Members edit
*>an experienced member with excellent writing+grammar+bey-knowledge gives a final look at the article. Makes any final changes and then approves it as "BeyWiki ready".
*> Committee member publishes it on the BeyWiki

This way, we don't have to wait for Kei to give a final edit to the article and then wait for him to publish it. Basically all committee members would have to do is publish the article because all the editing would be done by experienced members(including CMs, ADV).

Seriously though, Kei. I think its time to put your thinking cap visor on and get to work because those articles aren't gonna publish themselves Smile
[/noobrant]

(Jun. 28, 2012  4:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Odin was supposed to be working on it, and he claimed to have seen it operational somewhere, but he has not given me advice on how to fix it yet.

Alright, because I'd really like to see it functional Wink

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 29, 2012

I have already encouraged some Members to basically do our job of doing those few final edits that make a draft ready for Beywiki, but it seems as if they cannot do it. I have to use my cluelessness in plastics and HMS to try to get sections as complete as possible.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 29, 2012

(Jun. 29, 2012  12:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have already encouraged some Members to basically do our job of doing those few final edits that make a draft ready for Beywiki, but it seems as if they cannot do it. I have to use my cluelessness in plastics and HMS to try to get sections as complete as possible.

...not even th!nk?
I think if they knew they could essentially have the final edit for an article before it was going to be published, it would drive them to do so? I think the reason as for why they do not edit is because they know it'll be quite some time before it actually gets published.

If publishing gets done faster, maybe it will be evident that BeyWiki is going somewhere and they will actually contribute more.

(Jun. 29, 2012  12:58 AM)Insomniac Wrote: ...not even th!nk?
I think if they knew they could essentially have the final edit for an article before it was going to be published, it would drive them to do so? I think the reason as for why they do not edit is because they know it'll be quite some time before it actually gets published.

That was done, and nothing was done on their side.

It really is not only up to Kei and I to make the final edits that make a draft ready to be published. We are really not the only people who can do it. We would absolutely find it helpful if we got to drafts that were already completely ready and that we had nothing more to say.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 29, 2012

(Jun. 29, 2012  2:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2012  12:58 AM)Insomniac Wrote: ...not even th!nk?

That was done, and nothing was done on their side.

It really is not only up to Kei and I to make the final edits that make a draft ready to be published. We are really not the only people who can do it. We would absolutely find it helpful if we got to drafts that were already completely ready and that we had nothing more to say.
OK, so really all we need is some people to finalize drafts more.

But still, I think the publishing of the actual articles on the BeyWiki should not only be limited to Kei.

No, it can now be done by me, and I think it is very observable that I do my best.