World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jun. 25, 2012

@insomniac-your saying was more senseless than me asking for an application

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Jun. 25, 2012

(Jun. 25, 2012  6:13 PM)zeneo Wrote: hey Hazel,what you call children's spinning top means a lot to me

It means a lot to me, too, or I would not dedicate time, money, and effort to this Organization in the fashion I do.

However, that does not change anything: it is a children's spinning top game, and its existence is completely inconsequential to most every facet of the world. Unless Takara Tomy decides to make something like this themselves(which they won't - it would be too time consuming and counterproductive to the strategy of SELL MORE TOYS), no one is going to bother.

well,promise me only thing-if i accomplish in making such an application,and post a thread with a link,you won't close it!
i guess you can make an application with SDK-software development kit
it's for android OS i guess-it's convenient as well
and maybe one day this'll be a reality

RE: Make your suggestions! - ashton pinto - Jun. 25, 2012

@ zeneo, its not easy nor impossible to develop such a software..
I will love to see a devoted blader design such a gadget..
@ Hazel, games/sports/hobbies etc etc.. are distinguised by human beings. Its was never, nor is and will never be a law stating that 'only kids play beyblade, if anyone else does it will be considered sinful/unlawfull'
so its no childish game. Also i know why you said so & i know you love the game more than anyone can ever imagine Smile

ashton pinto-hope there was a like button for your post......,

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 25, 2012

(Jun. 25, 2012  6:53 PM)zeneo Wrote: ashton pinto-hope there was a like button for your post......,

Exactly why the "rating system" for individual posts was removed. It just harbours "favouritism".

Just saying that your signature isn't going to do you any good. It just is carrying around a negative aura around your posts. I too was kinda offended about getting closed threads and warnings all the time. But I learned that I deserved them and sucked it up, haha.

EDIT: I don't think having your full adress on your profile is a good idea either Uncertain

If you will ever design a software, I think Takara Tomy would affiliate with your corporation and you will become filthy rich. Stop saying "I will make a thread and you wont close it down".

PS: Thats not a record. Try beating five warnings in 3 months Smug

Back on topic(?):
Maybe we can have a "member of the month" sort of thing? In replacement for a "ike/dislike" feature. Where the CM's give a shout out to one member that has "stood out" this month? Just an idea since this way it does not let members pick "favourites". Say for example this month Inguilt got recognized for his work with different combos and stuff (just a random example).

We had a favorite members thread, once, and it is extremely similar.

It did not go well.

(Jun. 25, 2012  9:24 PM)Hazel Wrote: We had a favorite members thread, once, and it is extremely similar.

It did not go well.

I know that all too well. Kai-V has some serious admirersXD

This would be different. there is not a favourite member. Just a committee member recognizing one member a month for hard work. No discussions whatsoever.

See what I'm saying?

That just seems unnecessary, and would demoralize everyone else for absolutely no reason.

No one wants to be in a rat race.

(Jun. 25, 2012  9:34 PM)Hazel Wrote: That just seems unnecessary, and would demoralize everyone else for absolutely no reason.

I thought it might encourage other members to be better.But, as we have now learned through our experiences together; our minds work on different wavelengths, haha.

Sort of like an "employee of the month thing"...

Nevermind, forget it. No worriesWink

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 26, 2012

We have Faces for that purpose, plenty.

Raigeko13, there is indeed already a stickied topic for that ...

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Jun. 26, 2012

(Jun. 26, 2012  12:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We have Faces for that purpose, plenty.

Eee :

(Jun. 25, 2012  9:36 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Nevermind, forget it. No worriesWink

RE: Make your suggestions! - zeneo - Jun. 26, 2012

(Jun. 25, 2012  9:16 PM)Insomniac Wrote: [quote='zeneo' pid='979351' dateline='1340646793']
ashton pinto-hope there was a like button for your post......,

Exactly why the "rating system" for individual posts was removed. It just harbours "favouritism".

i didn't give my address so some firm would give me money for my work-it's just so that a blader staying near me can locate me easily and maybe we might have fun time battling!
oops,i couldn't quote properly-this was related to the address thing you mentioned,Insomniac...
and i don't want to be rich by promoting my favourite hobby,you might find it funny but me being an Indian,i prefer to play beyblade than a game of cricket
it's not about getting rich,it's doing something innovative,it's that simple

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jun. 26, 2012

Then do it. If you want to prove everyone who doubts you wrong, talking about it on a website isn't going to help at all.

As for your threads being closed, that's your fault for not learning the rules before making threads.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jun. 26, 2012

Zeneo i'm not sure why you don't seem to understand that all that effort is pretty pointless when people can do it on their own not much effort. Also my tier list was created in a similar vain and it didn't go particularly well.

Ultra-ok,your plan might have failed,but backing down doesn't guarantee success either...
hope you understand what i'm trying to say...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jun. 26, 2012

I didn't back down because it failed. I backed down because of the work required to complete it which I didn't have the time or interest in when no one was really behind it. Also looking back on it now the purchase consultation and build a combo threads do the same thing. It was just catering to the laziness of noobs. Anyway my point is you should put your efforts into something that will be useful like learning enough to be able to write for the wiki or buying Zero G beys and testing them.

well,buying zero-g beys and testing them sounds cool!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ingulit - Jun. 27, 2012

Apologies for making a new thread about this; I was under the (wrong) impression this was suggestions for the Beywiki rather than the forum in general. Anyway, my suggestion:

This surely isn't a new idea, but it's one that would be helpful if it doesn't require an absurd amount of manpower to make happen. What I'm suggesting is creating subforums under the Customizations forum for non-MFB (BB-10) formats, specifically a Zero-G subforum. While this idea applies to the other formats like Plastics and HMS, I think a Zero-G subforum is especially important because it uses the same parts as standard MFB and there has already been some confusion as to what a given custom is designed for. I know there is the very popular Zero-G stadium thread and that Zero-G customs can be distinguished by using stuff like [Zero-G] in the title, but a subforum would be much, much cleaner and would really help spur discussion about Zero-G in general. An example of a way that a Zero-G subforum would help would be that it would allow new part discussion threads to be made about old parts for their use in Zero-G stadiums.

Again, I'm sure this was brought up about Plastics vs. HMS vs. MFB, but I think it is especially important to toss this idea around about Zero-G.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 27, 2012

Yes, I think we will need to do that eventually.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Uwik - Jun. 27, 2012

Will it be based on the stadiums then? I like the idea, maybe even categorize them into MFB Attack Type Stadium, Zero G, Hasbro, etc

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Jun. 27, 2012

I definitely agree with a separate Zero-G sub-forum, and I've mentioned a Hasbro one before, though there are issues with it.

Hopefully it'll be enough to motivate all the people who have Zero G stadia and for whatever reason aren't talking about/testing stuff for it to start, because right now it's kinda sad.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Jun. 27, 2012

Uwik:

No he's saying that we should have a different sub section for each generation. Obviously though Zero-G and MFB would have to be based around the specific stadiums.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Uwik - Jun. 27, 2012

Ultra: ahh, OK. I was under the impression for each different meta. Considering Hasbro is different....

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Jun. 27, 2012

The difference would be that we will support Zero-G stadiums, but never Hasbro's ...