World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Feb. 24, 2012

Seriously I am disappointed that you would just keep mentioning this Beywiki issue as if it were still a huge issue right now. As Hazel wrote, Kei has found free time out of nowhere and has been approving a lot of articles lately, and I have been doing what I can for Metal Fight Beyblade articles, which still remain a priority, in a way, while not putting down plastics and HMS articles either.

So, OK, you cannot guess that we are still discussing it, but you could just look at the Beywiki Project forum and notice some trends. I think the current pace could be even higher, but it is completely decent at least because something gets done more regularly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Feb. 24, 2012

Hazel & Kai-V: The point still remains though that we basically went silent on the suggestion (in this thread) after February 5th without indicating whether the suggestion was still being considered or not. We should have capped the public discussion with an acknowledgement that the matter was now being discussed by the Committee.

@Everyone else: This is what happened, btw, and the discussion is still ongoing. When a decision has been made we will post back here and let you know.

But there has indeed not been any advancement in the matter whether we discussed ir or not, so there was indeed nothing for us to write after I clearly told everyone that we were considering the multiple options. The only area there has really been advancements is in the approval of drafts, and that is really all that matters and it should be noticed.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Feb. 24, 2012

The point is that it wasn't clear to the non-Committee members that the Committee was in fact going to continue discussing the suggestion. My suggestion is simply that we try to remember to be very explicit when closing out a discussion as to what the next steps will be.

As far as I am concerned, I will be happy to do so.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Make-your-suggestions?pid=894239#pid894239

We are actively looking for solutions. That means we want to find a solution and "actively" means that we will not stop until we have.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Feb. 24, 2012

Make Arupaeo PR Manager.

Everyone can be happy. Smile

RE: Make your suggestions! - Shabalabadoo - Feb. 25, 2012

What does PR stand for?

Anyways, I just want to say guys, it's pretty easy to see where their ideas are going. At first Kei started doing more and Hazel went through meteor queen's plastic stuff, now Kai-V has jumped in too. It's obvious they're making as much effort as possible, and I'm positive they're beyond "Hey, why not make a team" or the other suggestions that have been suggested.

I trust you committee guys and gal, don't worry.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ga' - Feb. 25, 2012

Public Relations=PR

I too have been happy with the explosive progress that Beywiki has made over the past few weeks.

RE: Make your suggestions! - LeonTempest - Feb. 25, 2012

After re-involving myself with Beywiki, the progress has definatly been better than it has been. While I was able to find all the new articles, according to the side bar here on the WBO, Blitz Unicorno is our newest article, which isn't true, but that is a minor issue for now.

I am very happy with the Plastics and HMS in-community revival as well, especialy around beywiki.

Arupaeo is an amazing moderator Grin

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Feb. 25, 2012

According to the forum team IbladerOnline is banned and is a moderator, so I think that needs changing?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Feb. 25, 2012

(Feb. 25, 2012  4:05 PM)Poseidon Wrote: According to the forum team IbladerOnline is banned and is a moderator, so I think that needs changing?

That is weird : I revoked the unintentional warning that brought him to one hundred yesterday, yet he is still banned ... I will look more into it.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Funny Bunny - Feb. 26, 2012

hey guys! I love the wbo as it is now! Just one thing, is there any possibility of an instant messaging service?? When I want to have a quick chat, I find PMs too formal and slow, but I love everything else about the WBO, can't say enough how happy I am with everything that all the mods have done!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Odin - Feb. 26, 2012

That question has been asked and answered several times. The answer has always been "no". There's a reason why there are slots in people's profiles for AIM, MSN, ICQ, and Yahoo! identification names.

RE: Make your suggestions! - LeonTempest - Mar. 01, 2012

An idea along the sane lines as th!nk's plastics and HMS thread ideas; shouldnt the anime and manga forum have topics specific to one series? For example, one thread for each main series would get a thread for random thoughts, Q&A, and general discussion, all in one thread. One for Bakuten Shoot, one for MFB, and one for the upcoming Zero-G and Beyweelz animes.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Mar. 01, 2012

I think the current system is fine, except that a topic for Bakuten Shoot Beyblade could indeed be created.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Relic - Mar. 01, 2012

I personally think it'd be really cool if we were allowed to change the order of our faces. Thoughts ?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Mar. 01, 2012

I think it is too complicated.

RE: Make your suggestions! - bubble - Mar. 01, 2012

(Mar. 01, 2012  5:06 PM)Relic Wrote: I personally think it'd be really cool if we were allowed to change the order of our faces. Thoughts ?

very cool indeed. maybe we will see people using their faces to mix and math the colours. like reds for each line and so on.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Mar. 01, 2012

I like that idea. It isn't supported by the plugin though.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Yami - Mar. 05, 2012

So in my thought looking at these brypoint queue acting very slow lately I was thinking if a community member host there own tournament such as Kei and Arupaeo or blitz then they can have the beypoint updated in a few weeks then months of waiting. Also other tournament that are hosted by a member and sends the money and the correct results have there tournament distributed as soon as possible.

Because in my logic I think some community member forgets the results/tournament/deleted results in there inbox/etc.

Agreed? Or to complicated

RE: Make your suggestions! - Janstarblast - Mar. 05, 2012

Unfair, IMO.
The BeyPoint 'Queue' won't be a queue if that is done. If they host their own tourneys and process them first, the other tourneys which were organized much before those would be put aside. And considering the fact that these members do host quite a many tourneys, the BeyPoints Queue will become more disorderly if only their tourneys were processed first, as the other tourneys would be put aside for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time...
Technically, it would mean VIP entries to the queue, completely disrupting the 'queue system' and probably leading to opposition...
It is superb for people who participate in their tourneys, but not for the others...

So, let the order of the processing of tourneys be as it is right now. Smile

And, I apologize if I misinterpreted your post; as that is likely to happen.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Mar. 05, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Beypoint Queue isn't an issue any more, Arupaeo has been working on it like crazy, and generally, the only major delay is on the host side of things. Maybe I've not been paying attention, but yeah.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Uwik - Mar. 05, 2012

(Mar. 05, 2012  6:08 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: So in my thought looking at these brypoint queue acting very slow lately I was thinking if a community member host there own tournament such as Kei and Arupaeo or blitz then they can have the beypoint updated in a few weeks then months of waiting.

This is very wrong. It is actually completely fair. The Beypoint Queue made the processing very transparent. Everything is done chronologically whenever possible. Looking at the queue right now, you can see that many Toronto tournaments are lagging behind from being processed. That alone should imply that Kei has no hands in prioritizing his tournaments or the processing of them.

What you don't see is that most of the tournaments depend on previous tournaments being processed first, if there's a common participant(s) present. It is a bottleneck problem.

For example, many of the Toronto / Washington tournaments that are ready to be processed MUST wait for "Toronto, Things That Go Bumpking in the Night Again" to be settled, since once that is settled, it will [u]unlock[/b] the others to be processed. Remember, beypoints must be done chronologically.

So if let's say player A participated in tournament 1, and later on, in tournament 2. Tournament 2 can not be processed before tournament 1 is processed, since they need player A's beypoints based on the end of tournament 1. Even if tournament 2's result and fee are ready, it must wait for tournament 1 first.

(Mar. 05, 2012  6:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Beypoint Queue isn't an issue any more, Arupaeo has been working on it like crazy, and generally, the only major delay is on the host side of things. Maybe I've not been paying attention, but yeah.

Yes, it is not an issue anymore, and again YES the problem is on the host-side. Actually, trust me guys, currently, it is the most updated as it can possibly be, without hunting the hosts down to clear up the issues. And yes, the hosts that cause hold ups are being hunted down constantly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Mar. 05, 2012

Correct. There are 10 tournaments in Toronto, New York, and MD/DC that can't be processed until we receive the results from "Toronto, Things That Go Bumpking in the Night Again!".

As soon as those results are in, we will be able to process all of the other tournaments in Toronto, New York, and MD/DC within days. This will basically cut the Beypoint Queue in half.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Mar. 06, 2012

"Send in your results cleanly and quickly, or the slow queue is entirely on your head" is what is essentially the reality of it, hosts.