World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Shabalabadoo - Oct. 09, 2011

there is a search function for sent messages.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Poseidon - Oct. 09, 2011

Isnt that sender and you can look through sent PMs but not just search can you ?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 09, 2011

(Oct. 09, 2011  9:24 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Isnt that sender and you can look through sent PMs but not just search can you ?

No, it completely works for what you are looking for ...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Deikailo - Oct. 12, 2011

On the upcoming releases on the Beywiki, would it make sense to link each release to its topic?

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 12, 2011

(Oct. 12, 2011  8:25 PM)Deikailo Wrote: On the upcoming releases on the Beywiki, would it make sense to link each release to its topic?

It could, but then it creates an obligation sometimes to create topics for uncertain or 'empty'/unknown releases. For instance, BB-121 Beyblade DX Set is confirmed, but its name is not confirmed, and even if it were we do not have enough confirmed information or content to warrant the opening of a thread for it yet.

And if you only link to those we do know and not those we ignore, like BB-121, then it could make some people think that nobody thought of making a topic for it yet, and they will make it, but that is obviously not supposed to happen yet ...

RE: Make your suggestions! - LionheartSM - Oct. 12, 2011

What about the way there is a "Recent Beyblade Purchases", how about a "Recent Beyblade Sales" where you say what you sold and for how much, I think it would be a neat thread if you ask me Grin

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 12, 2011

(Oct. 12, 2011  10:51 PM)IfritDulux Wrote: What about the way there is a "Recent Beyblade Purchases", how about a "Recent Beyblade Sales" where you say what you sold and for how much, I think it would be a neat thread if you ask me Grin

It would not be too bad, I suppose ... We do have a "best deals you got" topic though, and that works both for sales and purchases.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Sparta - Oct. 13, 2011

I think that as well as the card system (For referring, the one that just came out), the WBO should also have a virtual one for facebook & Twitter...if you see anyone posting about beyblade or even responding to something about beyblade, you should be able to post a virtual pic of the card on their wall...it's linked to the registration page..

Erm, something like that.

RE: Make your suggestions! - drakio - Oct. 14, 2011

I think that we should have the ability to delete our own post, like when we accidentally post and then we say "please delete" so this way the mods won't have to come up behind us and delete it. Is this possible to do already because I have not found a way to.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hov - Oct. 14, 2011

I agree with drakio ! Nice suggestion there man. I too, get sick of saying 'please delete' ugh. I know thid belongs to the tourney host thread but I was thinking if the host had keep constantly placing his/her own tournament, what if they can stop for two tournaments? Just a fine break. Sit back and have some Starbucks Tongue_out . Just a suggestion though...

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 14, 2011

(Oct. 14, 2011  1:41 AM)drakio Wrote: I think that we should have the ability to delete our own post, like when we accidentally post and then we say "please delete" so this way the mods won't have to come up behind us and delete it. Is this possible to do already because I have not found a way to.

There are only so many 'accidents' you can make. It is often the same people who make those 'accidents', so perhaps one day they should start really being careful about what they post and where. As far as I know, when it says "delete", it might have been a message that, on second thought, the user was ashamed of, but yo, they had to think about that before actually posting.

For this, I actually really want to try that plugin where we can see the edit history. I am certain the reasons are not all that innocent all the time.

® Wrote:I know thid belongs to the tourney host thread but I was thinking if the host had keep constantly placing his/her own tournament, what if they can stop for two tournaments? Just a fine break. Sit back and have some Starbucks Tongue_out_wink . Just a suggestion though...

Read the topic about whether hosts should play in their own tournaments, in the WBO General forum.

Yes I do agree Kai-v but sometimes you might say something but then you realize that it came out the wrong way after posting. But yes we should think more before posting, it was just a suggestion so this way you would not have to deal with those little accidents.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Oct. 14, 2011

(Oct. 14, 2011  8:47 PM)drakio Wrote: Yes I do agree Kai-v but sometimes you might say something but then you realize that it came out the wrong way after posting. But yes we should think more before posting, it was just a suggestion so this way you would not have to deal with those little accidents.

Giving users the ability to delete their own posts removes accountability for their own actions on a rather large scale. I will admit to having edited rude comments out of my posts on several occasions - but there's not really a great enough need for a full delete function.

After hearing all of your opinions I do see that there is no need for this system I just thought that it would be convenient for the people on here and make the mods live a whole lot easier.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Imperial - Oct. 22, 2011

Just a thought.

On the User Home Page wouldn't it make more sense to put "Reported Posts" as "Posts Reported". When I first saw that I thought it meant how many people reported me.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hazel - Oct. 22, 2011

(Oct. 22, 2011  8:24 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Just a thought.

On the User Home Page wouldn't it make more sense to put "Reported Posts" as "Posts Reported". When I first saw that I thought it meant how many people reported me.

I'd support this. I thought it showed posts of mine that people had reported, too. The best way to phrase it to avoid any confusion would be "Posts this User has Reported".

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 22, 2011

"Post Reported" can be just as confusing as "Reported Posts" ... It is the same thing. Hazel's alternative is just too long for the alloted space.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Arupaeo - Oct. 22, 2011

(Oct. 22, 2011  8:24 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Just a thought.

I also had a funny exchange with Kai-V after I had reported someone's post for the first time. I was like, "someone reported a post of mine, can you tell me which one it was?" LOL

(Oct. 22, 2011  11:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: "Post Reported" can be just as confusing as "Reported Posts" ... It is the same thing. Hazel's alternative is just too long for the alloted space.
How about:

Reports Made
Reports Authored
Reports Sent

RE: Make your suggestions! - Ultra - Oct. 23, 2011

Would it be possible to have you're beypoints ranking in your forum and battle profile? I only ask since it's quite inconvenient to have find one of your posts or to look through the rankings especially for those that don't post often.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hov - Oct. 23, 2011

You know since Hazel is on a lot while the commitee is busy, I'd nominate him for Mod if thats possible lol.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 23, 2011  10:05 PM)® Wrote: You know since Hazel is on a lot while the commitee is busy, I'd nominate him for Mod if thats possible lol.

You can nominate him if you want, but the principle has always been : "Don't come to us, we'll come to you." The same philosophy applies to people nominating others.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Hov - Oct. 23, 2011

Ohhh I see what you mean there Kai-V, good point.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Deikailo - Oct. 23, 2011

He's got a point, though. We could use another mod or two.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Oct. 23, 2011

We can figure such things out on our own.

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Oct. 23, 2011

I thought the point of this thread was suggesting things? Which would imply you are not always aware of what is needed?