World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Absorb - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Absorb (/Thread-Product-B-122-Starter-Geist-Fafnir-8-Absorb)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - KnightPro - Sep. 01, 2018

(Sep. 01, 2018  6:24 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2018  5:35 AM)KnightPro Wrote: I kinda made my own Dead Hades using the LS layer and modified the blast jinnius ring to work on a frame.

Not relevant to the topic at hand

Didn't know where to put it in the first place because of  no dH forum, Sorry.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Jinbee - Sep. 01, 2018

(Sep. 01, 2018  6:34 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2018  6:24 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Not relevant to the topic at hand

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Product-B-125-Random-Booster-Vol-12?pid=1459282#pid1459282

This will be what you're looking for as Dead Hades (I think) is the prize beyblade for RBV12.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - BurstMaster - Sep. 01, 2018

(Sep. 01, 2018  6:34 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2018  6:24 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Not relevant to the topic at hand

Dead Hades discussion is the Random Booster Volume 12 thread

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - GodGaia - Sep. 01, 2018

Imagine if the absorb tip was a combination of atomic and nothing so the ball would contract upon launching

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - MagikHorse - Sep. 02, 2018

(Sep. 01, 2018  11:56 PM)GodGaia Wrote: Imagine if that ab driver is a combination of atomic and nothing so there would be a spring that allows the ball to retract

I'm not sure how well that would work. The ball could only retract a short distance before you're left scraping on the wide edges that hold it in place.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - GodGaia - Sep. 02, 2018

(Sep. 02, 2018  12:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2018  11:56 PM)GodGaia Wrote: Imagine if that ab driver is a combination of atomic and nothing so there would be a spring that allows the ball to retract

I'm not sure how well that would work. The ball could only retract a short distance before you're left scraping on the wide edges that hold it in place.

What if they exposed more of the ball so like 70% is exposed and 30% is retracted

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Valtryek Aoi - Sep. 02, 2018

http://beyblade.vocarevoproject.com/parts/
If you look they have spaces and few descriptions for some non picture parts like Absorb

From what it translates too, it seems like a free-rotating spring Driver. Almost like I thought

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Jinbee - Sep. 02, 2018

(Sep. 02, 2018  12:14 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: http://beyblade.vocarevoproject.com/parts/
If you look they have spaces and few descriptions for some non picture parts like Absorb

From what it translates too, it seems like a free-rotating spring Driver. Almost like I thought

Marutti already told us that before.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Valtryek Aoi - Sep. 02, 2018

It seems like Valkyrie and Fafnir are polar opposites....

Winning Valkyrie
Right Spin
Attack Type
Three metal blades that are meant to do as much damage as possible and absorb a little damage
Volcanic- Uses free rotation to increase speed and power

Geist Fafnir
Left Spin
Stamina Type
Three rubber blades that are meant to absorb damage and deal some damage back
Absorb- Uses free-rotation to increase stamina and defense

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Dragon Blader02 - Sep. 02, 2018

I found a video that shows the Geist Fafnir layer in better quality. I don't know if it's legit or not but, it gives us a better look at the layer. https://youtu.be/-AQwMYvBEpY

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - yukenta - Sep. 02, 2018

a spring, rotating ball tip could work in that it is potentially only half of a ball, think about it like revolve or bearing, but instead of a umbrella/cone like shape, its ball shaped, and because of that, its able to function with a spring. that's just one way it could be done, it wouldn't be the same free spinning that orbit or atomic have in that they spin 360 however, for that you might need to have like, the atomic or orbit drivers in two pieces, the lower piece with the ball, is spinning on its holder, which then retracts into the full driver. there's probably some other ways, but those are the two i can think of right now, if anyone would like I could try and draw this out for a more visual idea of what i mean.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - BladerGem - Sep. 03, 2018

(Sep. 02, 2018  12:14 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: http://beyblade.vocarevoproject.com/parts/

It almost sounds to me like it'll be spring-loaded and have a bearing?

"The pointed shaft end and freely rotating shroud assembly have a stagnant force; the upper and lower sway is absorbed by the spring"

Other tips have mentioned "shroud assemblies", namely Et and Revolve, among others.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - CrazyAries - Sep. 03, 2018

I hope that the Disc 8' could be as large as Disc 3, and as heavy as 0 and 10. Then it may be able to outclass the Disc Ω. I really don't like TT put something so OP in such a rare product.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Battleburst - Sep. 03, 2018

(Sep. 03, 2018  3:55 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I hope that the Disc 8' could be as large as Disc 3, and as heavy as 0 and 10. Then it may be able to outclass the Disc Ω. I really don't like TT put something so OP in such a rare product.

I agree,totally

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - MagikHorse - Sep. 03, 2018

(Sep. 03, 2018  3:55 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I hope that the Disc 8' could be as large as Disc 3, and as heavy as 0 and 10. Then it may be able to outclass the Disc Ω. I really don't like TT put something so OP in such a rare product.

My concerns here are more in terms of weight distribution. 8 actually does have quite a lot of stamina since so much weight is on its outer edge, but that also significantly increased its bursting risk. Ωuter got away with it by having a better weight distribution despite having roughly the same weight, which lessened its burst risk enough to become the best Stamina disk and dominate with it's smooth LAD-supportive edge while being incredibly expensive and rare.

If 8' has the same outward weight distribution as 8, it'll probably have the same weakness to bursting too. If it's as heavy as 0 or 10 with that kind of weight distribution, I think it'll be so risky that it won't be able to see play because of it. It would nice to see it have some weight, as long as the distribution of said weight is also improved.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - IronFace879 - Sep. 03, 2018

Absorb could most likely just pump upwards to avoid shock of the stadium impact. This could might as well be a Nothing upgrade. (A chance of being as bad as one of my threads)

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Basalt Fox - Sep. 04, 2018

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Battleburst - Sep. 04, 2018

(Sep. 04, 2018  1:30 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote:

WoW ?

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - KnightPro - Sep. 04, 2018

OMG i cant believe it

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - Valtryek Aoi - Sep. 04, 2018

I KNEW IT FREE ROTATION SPRING YES

That rubber and spring relation.i can’t believe that.

Ultimate Defense type,has spin steal against right and rubber and spring defence against left.oh man.

Disk looks like a humongous knucle upgrade.ultimate stamina but I guess it will have low burst resistance.

Absorb is basically a spring revolve .sorry for all these posts.i am hyped.......

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - TL14 - Sep. 04, 2018

(Sep. 04, 2018  1:30 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote:

OMG! It looks like Takara Tomy maybe noticed the running gag of Drain Fafnir ate Nothing. Now he finally ate something dash.

(Sep. 04, 2018  1:57 PM)TL14 Wrote:

OMG! It looks like Takara Tomy maybe noticed the running gag of Drain Fafnir ate Nothing. Now he finally ate something dash.

Yeah,I ate nothing .........I mean something

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Ab - ayggdrasilgy - Sep. 04, 2018

First of all amazing I’ve never imagine combining the rubber and a spring gimmick and with the moving jaws it looks better 
8’ is HUGE it’s going to have some stamina even better than 7 but I don’t know how good it be its burst resistance 
And absorb I thought at first it was going to be a combination between nothing and yielding but I guess revolve its better 
But I wanna ask is still free the owner of Fafnir

(Sep. 04, 2018  2:12 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:

First of all amazing I’ve never imagine combining the rubber and a spring gimmick and with the moving jaws it looks better 
8’ is HUGE it’s going to have some stamina even better than 7 but I don’t know how good it be its burst resistance 
And absorb I thought at first it was going to be a combination between nothing and yielding but I guess revolve its better 
But I wanna ask is still free the owner of Fafnir
Yup,this is confirmed,I don’t know the source.free will come in the anime in September