World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Absorb - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Absorb (/Thread-Product-B-122-Starter-Geist-Fafnir-8-Absorb)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - renidage - Aug. 28, 2018

Driver of New fafnir may be Absorb (Ab.) My Brother is HYPED for this Bey. He is Going to buy this. He is a big fan of Fafnir and Free da la hoya

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - CitrusNinja3 - Aug. 28, 2018

You know what? If Absorb isn't a rubber version of Bearing, it might be a fusion of Gyro and Nothing, judging by the fact that bX only had upgraded versions of sX's parts and gF has the 8' disk.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Valtryek Aoi - Aug. 28, 2018

Geist Fafnir doesn't have the 8' Disc. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

(Aug. 28, 2018  1:32 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Geist Fafnir doesn't have the 8' Disc. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

Technically, it has. And if it hasn't, then Absorb hasn't been confirmed either.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Phoenix8Nt - Aug. 28, 2018

Maybe it has 2 modes like
1.the nothing driver can be pressed inside and.fixed which maybe attack

2.and it can be as usual which is stamina

But these would work for a balance type bey

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - TL14 - Aug. 28, 2018

I hope Absorb is ether a rubber Bearing or a Nothing with a bearing or even a combination of both.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Suhasini - Aug. 28, 2018

I want it be anything, but better than nothing.
A bearing and nothing combination would be great.
It's kinda funny that Ab is not even confirmed and we are already raising our expectations!

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - kidwhoasksalot - Aug. 28, 2018

I can't wait! Just by the visuals, I'm already stoked, what kind of material will it be made of? Plastic, metal and rubber? Like 30% rubber? 10% metal but I hope it has more since it's a Cho-Z? I just hope that it doesn't wear out quickly.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Battleburst - Aug. 28, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  4:54 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I can't wait! Just by the visuals, I'm already stoked, what kind of material will it be made of? Plastic, metal and rubber? Like 30% rubber? 10% metal but I hope it has more since it's a Cho-Z? I just hope that it doesn't wear out quickly.

What visuals

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - ThePheonix - Aug. 28, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  4:18 PM)TL14 Wrote: I hope Absorb is ether a rubber Bearing or a Nothing with a bearing or even a combination of both.

Isn't rubber Bearing kind of an Oxymoron? Rubber is for more grip and Bearing is for less. Doing both will make us land with just another driver... Not so cool.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Jinbee - Aug. 28, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  5:10 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  4:18 PM)TL14 Wrote: I hope Absorb is ether a rubber Bearing or a Nothing with a bearing or even a combination of both.

Isn't rubber Bearing kind of an Oxymoron? Rubber is for more grip and Bearing is for less. Doing both will make us land with just another driver... Not so cool.

I disagree, because the bearing mechanism solves the issue of the rubber tip with low stamina. It worked well back in the old generation. It'll not only keep Bearings  good opposite spin stamina but will also reduce being knocked out easily.

(Aug. 28, 2018  5:10 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:

The bearing retains the Stamina, but the rubber increases burst resistance. They aren't just there to counteract each other

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Phoenix8Nt - Aug. 28, 2018

Maybe height adjustion with bearing driver

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - DaJetsnake - Aug. 28, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  5:42 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  5:10 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Isn't rubber Bearing kind of an Oxymoron? Rubber is for more grip and Bearing is for less. Doing both will make us land with just another driver... Not so cool.

The bearing retains the Stamina, but the rubber increases burst resistance. They aren't just there to counteract each other

Yeah, although Rubber drivers would normally decrease Burst resistance, having a bearing in place will solve that issue handily

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - ToxicAtom - Aug. 28, 2018

the idea of a "rubber bearing" driver would be something like F230 RB/RS in metal saga. The free-spinning body is there to counteract the stamina loss of the rubber tip. Said tip is there to increase knockout resistance and, in a spin equalizer's case, help it "stand its ground" so to say; to maximize contact with the opponent for maximum spin equalization potential.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - BeyCrafter - Aug. 28, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  10:59 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: the idea of a "rubber bearing" driver would be something like F230 RB/RS in metal saga. The free-spinning body is there to counteract the stamina loss of the rubber tip. Said tip is there to increase knockout resistance and, in a spin equalizer's case, help it "stand its ground" so to say; to maximize contact with the opponent for maximum spin equalization potential.

Or Bearing Base 2 from Wolborg 2 as a better example

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Jinbee - Aug. 28, 2018

As someone mentioned before, there is a spring under the gold dragon jaws of the layer, I feel like it'll have a hinge so it'll push inwards, a bit like Hazard Kerbeus, but there's also a gold blade under the rubber so maybe if the heads are pushed in, the spikes under the rubber go outwards? Just an idea.

EDIT: Maybe the spikes under the rubber actually go outwards for more stamina when having high centrifugal force, then when the spin lowers, the spring pushes the spikes back in and to let the rubber absorb the spin, as there wouldn't be as much spin left.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - MagikHorse - Aug. 29, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  1:32 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Geist Fafnir doesn't have the 8' Disc. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

An absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Just because it hasn't been confirmed yet doesn't mean it won't or can't be in this release. It's just not known to be true at this current time, nothing more.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - ptf606 - Aug. 29, 2018

Personally 8' would be really lazy. The current ones like 1' are already lazy in my opinion because they are just recycling the same name but with '.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - BurstMaster - Aug. 29, 2018

(Aug. 29, 2018  2:26 AM)ptf606 Wrote: Personally 8' would be really lazy. The current ones like 1' are already lazy in my opinion because they are just recycling the same name but with '.

So far it is seeming like the prime disks are for blades and beys that have received a large portion of there training from the bit beasts original owner

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - ThePheonix - Aug. 29, 2018

(Aug. 28, 2018  1:45 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  1:32 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Geist Fafnir doesn't have the 8' Disc. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

Technically, it has. And if it hasn't, then Absorb hasn't been confirmed either.

Yeah, it's not. This is just speculation from some people. Actually, when I first heard of Fafnir, I was thinking that they would go the easy route on the names and call the driver Absorb. I guess this was spread by a guy who just thought that this would be the choice because its obvious.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Frostic Fox - Aug. 29, 2018

I'm having Shin Longinus flashbacks with this 8' and Absorb stuff. Let's not push what has no evidence, else I can say it might be Geist Fafnir.7Boloney.Sandwich (gF.7Bl.Sw) and have just as much legitness. It's not really helpful, though I know people mean well and may mistakenly take things too much at surface value at times.

Edit: Ah, I see the eBay listing that has gF the wrong color and says it's gF.8.Ab? If that's the evidence, I can't say it's really solid at all. We'll find out, for sure. Time always tells with these things.

(Aug. 22, 2018  2:44 AM)marutti Wrote: In August 31st Corocoro Special will release and may be some new info will come?

I've been trying to find this on Amazon.jp, but can't. It's weird that it doesn't seem to be up by this point if it's coming out?

Or is Corocoro Special not a book?

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - BlackMirror - Aug. 29, 2018

8' is most likely just an assumption from eBay sellers, and they probably used AB because it was the first two letters of the alphabet (basically a Variable- pun intended- for the actual abbreviation of the driver).

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - Frostic Fox - Aug. 29, 2018

(Aug. 29, 2018  6:37 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: 8' is most likely just an assumption from eBay sellers, and they probably used AB because it was the first two letters of the alphabet (basically a Variable- pun intended- for the actual abbreviation of the driver).

The thing is, it says 8 in the eBay source, not 8'...but people are saying 8'? Where'd the prime come from? Not from that source.

Haven't followed this thread overly close, but from what I can tell, what we have so far is Geist Fafnir, and we'll see about the rest. I saw the discussion about it possibly being pronounced "Heist", but in Japanese it will be with a G-sound given the katakana sourced from Corocoro. And that, plus it being a starter and what little else Corocoro has revealed, seems to be all we know so far.

I'd like to get the new Corocoro that marutti brought up, which may clarify the facts. But I just can't seem to find it for pre-order. Hoping I don't have to buy it off of eBay again. Even though the Amazon.jp shipping price isn't as nice as it was before (I think due to DHL leaving the country?) it is still better than buying it off of eBay.

If it comes out on the 31st, we should be seeing scans anytime now. The leakers always seem to get it a little early.

RE: B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir - marutti - Aug. 29, 2018

(Aug. 29, 2018  6:06 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm having Shin Longinus flashbacks with this 8' and Absorb stuff. Let's not push what has no evidence, else I can say it might be Geist Fafnir.7Boloney.Sandwich (gF.7Bl.Sw) and have just as much legitness. It's not really helpful, though I know people mean well and may mistakenly take things too much at surface value at times.

Edit: Ah, I see the eBay listing that has gF the wrong color and says it's gF.8.Ab? If that's the evidence, I can't say it's really solid at all. We'll find out, for sure. Time always tells with these things.

(Aug. 22, 2018  2:44 AM)marutti Wrote: In August 31st Corocoro Special will release and may be some new info will come?

I've been trying to find this on Amazon.jp, but can't. It's weird that it doesn't seem to be up by this point if it's coming out?

Or is Corocoro Special not a book?
Unfortunately It's without any Geist Fafnir news