World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Deck customization and suggestions - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Burst Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Deck customization and suggestions (/Thread-Deck-customization-and-suggestions)

Deck customization and suggestions - Voradors - May. 23, 2018

Hello, I was considering taking my kids to the upcoming Beytubers Blast in NYC and wanted to get some feedback on three decks.   

Deck 1
Hell Salamander / 5 Star / Atomic (maybe try out stock driver in defense mode)
Nightmare Longinus / Bump / Destroy
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

Deck 2 
Bloody Longinus / 1 Star / Destroy or Jolt  (I do not have Xtreme tip, and i am on the fence about buying it.  How big of an improvement would it be?)
Deep Chaos / 5 / Revolve
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

Deck 3 
Siege Excalibur / 0 / Jolt   (What is the best competitive set up for this layer currently?  My son is dead set on it)
Wyvron W3 / 1 Meteor / Spiral  (I am trying to think of a better option here. Any suggestions on a good defense type to round out the deck?)
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

The parts that i will have access to for modifications are God Customize set, 3 on 3, Spriggan Requiem starter, Drain Fafnir starter, bL starter, sX starter, nL starter, hS starter and Xeno Excalibur starter.

I am not opposed to picking up another couple of items if the improvements are worth it. 

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed.  Since i am still learning this stuff, it would be most appreciated if any answers were explained so that i can start to learn the stuff well enough to make informed decisions myself.   (like saying the reason why a part should be swapped, and not just what it should be swapped to.)

RE: Deck customization and suggestions - RichieBoi - May. 23, 2018

Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic
Mold Chip Deep Chaos 7Bump Bearing
Bloody Longinus 5Meteor Jolt

RE: Deck customization and suggestions - Voradors - May. 23, 2018

(May. 23, 2018  3:28 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic

Thanks.  Would Mold Chip be the standard plastic chip as opposed to the metal god chip?

EDIT:  If i am already using 7 disc in Drain Fafnir, i couldn't use it in the same deck as Hell Salamander, correct?

RE: Deck customization and suggestions - BladerGem - May. 23, 2018

I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.

(May. 23, 2018  4:33 AM)Voradors Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  3:28 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic

Thanks.  Would Mold Chip be the standard plastic chip as opposed to the metal god chip?

EDIT:  If i am already using 7 disc in Drain Fafnir, i couldn't use it in the same deck as Hell Salamander, correct?
If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic

(May. 23, 2018  4:38 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.

Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

How vulnerable is my team if they are all left spin?

(May. 23, 2018  5:16 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic

I thought you couldn't duplicate parts in the tournament?  Or is that only when the tournament is specifically using a Deck ruleset?

You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers

(May. 23, 2018  5:34 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers

I looked it up, and i will have to think about that one.  If i hadn't bought Sieg Excalibur a few hours ago I might have been more inclined to do that.    Since I am kind of looking for Xtreme, i was thinking of getting Amaterious starter set, which would also get me that 2nd 7.

RE: Deck customization and suggestions - BladerGem - May. 23, 2018

(May. 23, 2018  5:17 AM)Voradors Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  4:38 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.

Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

(May. 23, 2018  5:16 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic

I thought you couldn't duplicate parts in the tournament?  Or is that only when the tournament is specifically using a Deck ruleset?

Depending on how it does in tests, Hell Salamander could replace bL, since its layer can switch between attack and defense.

I'm a Hasbro blader, so I've mostly just got experience with what Hasbro's released up to now. So, I'm clueless about Cho-Z viability apart from reading about them.

(May. 23, 2018  5:34 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers

I ended up giving in and buying the full set.  It does have a lot of nice parts, and can provide backups in case anything gets damaged.  I heard that Sieg Excalibur is prone to having some of the tips get damaged, so getting some backups may be good.   Thanks for the recommendation. 

(May. 23, 2018  9:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  5:17 AM)Voradors Wrote: Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

Depending on how it does in tests, Hell Salamander could replace bL, since its layer can switch between attack and defense.

I'm a Hasbro blader, so I've mostly just got experience with what Hasbro's released up to now. So, I'm clueless about Cho-Z viability apart from reading about them.

Good to know, thanks.  I really like any set up that allows for a lot of customization and switching between modes.  I was disappointing to see that sR was banned, because of how much it can do, but i understand the reason.